Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,550 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:15 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (17967) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10684777 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17964) (17965) (17966) (17967) (17968) (17969) (17970) ... (19347) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 10:54pm On Jul 29, 2023
BlueAngel444:
you can't compare Jackson and Hojland, obviously Hojland is better, at 20 he has more goals and assists, he is faster, stronger, better in the air and aerial battles, his lay off skills is top notch, his touch and control is class and most of all he cost double whatever Jackson cost or worth. Jackson no sure of first team shirt, Nkunku will bench him definitely and he may play only 10starts but Hojland is so good Rashford will never play CF again for United, mark this words πŸ˜’
hahaha I see what you did there 🀣
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:58pm On Jul 29, 2023
Gucciboy:
According to the report coming from Brazil Chelsea and other clubs in Europe scouted AndrΓ© Trindade (DM, Fluminense).

Fluminense owns 100% of AndrΓ©, but 10% of the sell will go to AndrΓ© and his agent. Fluminense wants at least 25M€ for 80% want to keep the rem 20%

Brighton go see shegeπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Me I was coming here to hype this guy. I didn't realise you've seen it as well.

Now this is one DM I look at and go, get me that one.

We need to get out of this Β£80m market. For me, Β£60m is already too much money to Brighton....again. Let's stop this whole Caicedo nonsense and scout undiscovered talent.

Andre Trindade, Andre Santos and the Ogochukwu guy should be enough DM cover for the season.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dostr4(m): 11:24pm On Jul 29, 2023
This ugochukwu signing has red flags written all over it , I hope I'm wrong. In as much I dislike this Caicedo saga, he will definitely slot into the team like Enzo, unless our scouts have other plans in mind. But I won't mind throwing one of Santos or Casadei on loan to Brighton to soften the deal.
Un.limited22 I don't know how Adams went under the radar, boy is tidy on the ball & has good recovery pace.getting him & keeping galadog in the middle will be good business.
Ffs why spend €20m+ on someone you'll send out on loan immediately.
I'm guessing Humphries is solid hence why we're not panicking on getting a new centre back & why isn't poch trying Chalobar in that Cdm position, watching his highlights from his last loan , all he needs is the coach trust & get his confidence level up.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Unlimited22: 1:14am On Jul 30, 2023
nateevs:

Me I was coming here to hype this guy. I didn't realise you've seen it as well.

Now this is one DM I look at and go, get me that one.

We need to get out of this Β£80m market. For me, Β£60m is already too much money to Brighton....again. Let's stop this whole Caicedo nonsense and scout undiscovered talent.

Andre Trindade, Andre Santos and the Ogochukwu guy should be enough DM cover for the season.
AndrΓ© Trindade. Alan Varela. Tyler Adam's.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 1:18am On Jul 30, 2023
Ibime:

I hope I'm wrong but when you watch a DM, you can always tell the ones who are risky receiving the ball and this looks like one of them. You can tell when a midfielder really cannot play with back to an opponent, you don't need 100 mins to do that

Type in "player name Vs" and watch all his touches in one match and you will know whether he is a Bakayoko or competent in the regular receiving of possession in a tight midfield. This looks like a Bakayoko
This is a very good article on him, you can read it.

https://seb4stien.substack.com/p/lesley-ugochukwu-5-alternatives-to

He has not played a lot of games but actually popular opinion among scouts that watch him say he is actually good on the ball.

He is a project 6 sha at 19 nowhere near the finished article so we will see hopefully you are wrong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 1:20am On Jul 30, 2023
You na never digest Ugochukwu una don dey mention more names. I feel for Poch how will he trim the squad and make the right decision. Any decision he makes could mark his rise or fall in Chelsea like Potter.

Will porch be like pot πŸ€”
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Sulele04(m): 1:28am On Jul 30, 2023
nateevs:

Actually, the 3 min comp tells a lot. It's all you need to assess high-level or low-level technique. When you watch a DM, and the first touch on the first clip doesn't make you go 'damnnn!'....then most times, it's not it.

Yes we don't watch him, but I look at him and I don't see 'elite' footballer. I see Zakariya/Onana-level things.

I had never heard of Jackson. But the first clip I saw, I called him a total footballer. This one is different. Yes he's only 19 but your technique almost never improves with age unfortunately.

I hope I am wrong but when I see footballers who have loose tight-space control, then their propensity to flourish in the PL immediately diminishes in my eyes.

Maybe he solves a tactical problem but certainly, at this point, he doesn't improve us. This one is going on the 'not-excited' list.
No I disagree you can't have opinions on players based on random short comps, you have to watch the player regularly to have any accurate opinion.

Comps made Pepe, Bakayoko looked like world beaters, so whatever you saw from the comp might not tell you the full picture of what a player is both the good & bad.

I saw a stat that said Caicedo lost more balls per 90 last season than Gallagher, one is called a dog & the other is a dm, so should we not buy Caicedo again because he might sometimes have misplaced passes.

if you don't watch a player it is better to read reports on him or ask from people that have watched him say than to have a half-baked opinion from a random out of context comp.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:48am On Jul 30, 2023
Sulele04:

No I disagree you can't have opinions on players based on random short comps, you have to watch the player regularly to have any accurate opinion.

Comps made Pepe, Bakayoko looked like world beaters, so whatever you saw from the comp might not tell you the full picture of what a player is both the good & bad.

I saw a stat that said Caicedo lost more balls per 90 last season than Gallagher, one is called a dog & the other is a dm, so should we not buy Caicedo again because he might sometimes have misplaced passes.

if you don't watch a player it is better to read reports on him or ask from people that have watched him say than to have a half-baked opinion from a random out of context comp.

Ibime and I were one of the very few that opposed the Bakayoko deal based on the failure of the eye-test for technique. You don't need to watch a player for donkey years to see technique.

What you are trying to pass across is how a player responds to varying tactical scenarios. This you cannot assess in 3 min comps. But this has got nothing to do with technique.

What we are worried about is how he fares in the PL, in presumably quicker, tighter tactical setups than Ligue 1. And a DM with loose technique is potentially devastating in the PL, because more often than not, he's losing the ball in the most dangerous part of the pitch.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 3:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Sulele04:

This is a very good article on him, you can read it.

https://seb4stien.substack.com/p/lesley-ugochukwu-5-alternatives-to

He has not played a lot of games but actually popular opinion among scouts that watch him say he is actually good on the ball.

He is a project 6 sha at 19 nowhere near the finished article so we will see hopefully you are wrong.

You should have read the scout reports on Bakayoko and Onana

I hope I'm wrong. His highlights against PSG look a bit better

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 4:48am On Jul 30, 2023
Ibime:

I hope I'm wrong but when you watch a DM, you can always tell the ones who are risky receiving the ball and this looks like one of them. You can tell when a midfielder really cannot play with back to an opponent, you don't need 100 mins to do that

Type in "player name Vs" and watch all his touches in one match and you will know whether he is a Bakayoko or competent in the regular receiving of possession in a tight midfield. This looks like a Bakayoko
maybe na him height Dy mk you see am as bakayoko.

His touches against psg, were not bad. He can reduce running from the midfield with the ball with coach instructions
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Incognito9: 5:10am On Jul 30, 2023
Unlimited22:

AndrΓ© Trindade. Alan Varela. Tyler Adam's.

Nwanne, this Tyler guy is an injury prone player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 6:36am On Jul 30, 2023
Passing judgement on a 19 year old Lesley Ugochukwu who still got time to improve is terrible,we haven't watched him but some have concluded he is next bakayoko πŸ˜₯

Assuming Chelsea signed caicedo in 2021,man would be on his 3rd loan by now and he wouldn't have been seen as a good player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 6:43am On Jul 30, 2023
Lesley Ugochukwu has been playing for Rennes since age 17 and played his first full season last season just like caicedo but one is 100m.

Caicedo always plays in double pivot and so what if he gets exposed in 433 as the only defensive midfielder.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 6:44am On Jul 30, 2023
A DM that runs with the ball is a recipe for chaos and madness.
Lesley Ugochukwu should be cleansed of madness before he nears the pitch.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 8:34am On Jul 30, 2023
This useless club still dey exist. Itsrm please come and give us your prediction again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 8:59am On Jul 30, 2023
Gucciboy:

Pure madness brother, Todd boehly sef don tire for 100m signing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Next news: Chelsea pull out of caicedo deal we be there
yes o
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 9:01am On Jul 30, 2023
una go cry tire we are not spending Β£100m. on a single DM πŸ˜‚,if like make red flag blue flag is written all over it.

The scouts did what is wanted
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nigeriagood(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2023
CHELSEA FOR THE LEAGUE
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 9:40am On Jul 30, 2023
Trevor012:
This useless club still dey exist. Itsrm please come and give us your prediction again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:51am On Jul 30, 2023
Gucciboy:
Passing judgement on a 19 year old Lesley Ugochukwu who still got time to improve is terrible,we haven't watched him but some have concluded he is next bakayoko πŸ˜₯

Assuming Chelsea signed caicedo in 2021,man would be on his 3rd loan by now and he wouldn't have been seen as a good player.
As long as he does his main job which s destroying and shielding the backline im okay and will trust pochettino to do the rest of his development. We need to go back to the days of Mourinho when the midfield was too strong for rivals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:53am On Jul 30, 2023
Nigeriagood:
CHELSEA FOR THE LEAGUE
plus Champions league πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 9:54am On Jul 30, 2023
Trevor012:

plus Champions league πŸ˜‚
Which you haven't won since 2008.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
Which you haven't win since 2008.
Ok πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Trevor012(m): 9:56am On Jul 30, 2023
Itsrm:

cheesy
I can see Chelsea winning the treble πŸ˜‚
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WhoDeyHause: 10:16am On Jul 30, 2023
Brighton will not even pity somebody after the wickedness they showed to us last year. It's only to ask for excessive money to fund his sportybet account tony bloom knows.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Amoto94(m): 12:52pm On Jul 30, 2023
Ugochukwu's technical ability is suspect I hope he proves me wrong.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Gucciboy: 1:27pm On Jul 30, 2023
🚨 #Chelsea are keeping tabs on Fluminense defensive midfielder AndrΓ© Trindade. πŸ‡§πŸ‡·πŸ”΅ #CFC

β—½The Blues have been scouting him earlier.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 1:31pm On Jul 30, 2023
After completing Ugochukwu deal with Rennes, Chelsea will focus again on negotiations for Elye Wahi πŸ”΅βœ¨πŸ‡«πŸ‡·

Talks will continue in the next days to agree terms with Montpellier and then loan Wahi to Strasbourg.

Chelsea know there are two more clubs trying to convince Wahi.

@fabrizio

still no caicedo,dey play.

after wahi kudus after kudus maybe guehi then we close shop still dey expect your imaginary caicedo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:20pm On Jul 30, 2023
Nothing exceptional about this boy we signed, instead his continual charging forward with the ball in a careless manner will be our biggest undoing.

Manyoo are trying to tie up a deal for Amrabat, but here we’re busy chasing shadows and signing calamitous players.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:21pm On Jul 30, 2023
swiz123:
A DM that runs with the ball is a recipe for chaos and madness.
Lesley Ugochukwu should be cleansed of madness before he nears the pitch.

Sincerely.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 2:25pm On Jul 30, 2023
WhoDeyHause:
Brighton will not even pity somebody after the wickedness they showed to us last year. It's only to ask for excessive money to fund his sportybet account tony bloom knows.

So Brighton rejected Chelsea 80 million for caciedo ?

Omo that club greedy sha
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 2:48pm On Jul 30, 2023
The only Caicedo I desperately need right now is Linda.

I watched this girl in U17 World Cup. She is still class today.

Emma Hayes, are you watching?

Unlimited22 BlueMann

(1) (2) (3) ... (17964) (17965) (17966) (17967) (17968) (17969) (17970) ... (19347) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Bluelines69, TrebleChamp(m), larride(m), PDPGuy and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.