Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,703 members, 7,840,745 topics. Date: Sunday, 26 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19014) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10645385 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19011) (19012) (19013) (19014) (19015) (19016) (19017) ... (19297) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 11:05am On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

Like Ibrahimovic bawo?

Haaland is way better than Zlatan

Haaland is on his second season under Pep as top scorer, Zlatan didnt last more than 12months

Haaland can never reach Ibrahimovix’s level. This is Ibrahim at 21 btw

https://twitter.com/fuadyabz23/status/1778465189991416041?s=46

The kind of goals Ibrahim scored, Haaland can never score them. He’s just a world class finisher. Full stop. Everything else na 39F.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kimbeast: 11:18am On Apr 12
Leyqute:

The kind of goals Ibrahim scored, Haaland can never score them. He’s just a world class finisher. Full stop. Everything else na 39F.
Not taking anything from Ibrahimovic but you can make anyone look good with an highlight compilation. Take a look at Haaland at 20 playing for Salzburg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5m8Jhj78Eg?si=jBlUsGuA8FbAPbQg

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by oliverano: 11:53am On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

The guy was partly at fault for all the Atalanta goals. He sometimes takes shadow defending to ridiculous levels.

I am not against shadow defending but aseju ni olorun o fe. The first 2 goals he refused to close down the opponent and failed to cut out the crucial crosses that led to the goals, and for the 3rd goal only a strong prophet can reveal what he was doing out on the flank (keeping everyone onside by the way) throughout the whole sequence.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 11:59am On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

The guy was partly at fault for all the Atalanta goals. He sometimes takes shadow defending to ridiculous levels.

I am not against shadow defending but aseju ni olorun o fe. The first 2 goals he refused to close down the opponent and failed to cut out the crucial crosses that led to the goals, and for the 3rd goal only a strong prophet can reveal what he was doing out on the flank (keeping everyone onside by the way) throughout the whole sequence.

Van Djik is a good defender no doubt, but his fans need to acknowledge the fact that he runs from dribble at times thereby putting the whole team under unnecessary pressure.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:06pm On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

The guy is seriously obsessed with shadow marking. Aseju ti wo tie. You really saw the game yesterday to have given the exact analysis of what the idiot was doing. Needless shadow marking was all he was doing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:08pm On Apr 12
Leyqute:

Any notable trophy?

The type of goal Okocha scored against Kahn we can say C Ronaldo too never scored it so Okocha is better than Ronaldo?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:09pm On Apr 12
BlueRayDick:

Van Djik is a good defender no doubt, but his fans need to acknowledge the fact that he runs from dribble at times thereby putting the whole team under unnecessary pressure.

When I dey tell them here dem say na agenda

He go dey avoid player and point at everyone except himself.

We get one egbon like that when playing set, he no sabi play but if you no choose am na beating for others. He go dey form coachee on top field telling everyone do this do that while he is avoiding engagement, the few times wey he try and dem gidribble am he go give excuse say na because leg dey pain am or he no wan injure person
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:11pm On Apr 12
popizaino:

The guy is seriously obsessed with shadow marking. Aseju ti wo tie. You really saw the game yesterday to have given the exact analysis of what the idiot was doing. Needless shadow marking was all he was doing.

I thought VVD is the greatest and could do no wrong with his "Yodi e seyin ara fe san" defending
No wonder he is trending on Twitter
He think say everyone na Sissoko wey no sabi where post dey?

For say Atalanta players dey blew their chances away na so dem for say na VVD aura make dem dey miss am
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:18pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

I thought VVD is the greatest and could do no wrong with his "Yodi e seyin ara fe san" defending
No wonder he is trending on Twitter
He think say everyone na Sissoko wey no sabi where post dey?

For say Atalanta players dey blew their chances away na so dem for say na VVD aura make dem dey miss am

Two truth can co-exist.

Did VVD defended well against sissoko...Yes

Is VVD putting aseju in in his shadow marking...yes

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:20pm On Apr 12
popizaino:

I know you are an erudite Ustaz. Can you explain what he was doing for that 3rd goal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:21pm On Apr 12
popizaino:

Two truth can co-exist.

Did VVD defended well against sissoko...Yes

Is VVD putting aseju in in his shadow marking...yes

Sissoko blew the chance because he was a poor player, most decent players will punish that move

Anytime Jackson miss a chance we should credit the opponent defenders too

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueRayDick: 12:24pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

When I dey tell them here dem say na agenda

grin

If he was from Africa and played this shadow marking style from beginning of his career, there's no way he would've found his way into Europe at all.

There are other big defenders like Konate who go all out to close down an opposition player. I never see a good defender that has all the attributes that make a good defender that runs from dribble reach Van Djik.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:25pm On Apr 12
BlueRayDick:

He is a good defender, and shadow marking is a useful tool, but the guy has to apply good judgement on deciding when to shadow mark.

There is a thin line between shadow marking and dereliction of duty.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by popizaino(m): 12:36pm On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

I know you are an erudite Ustaz. Can you explain what he was doing for that 3rd goal?

I'm just a man who believes there is a God, nothing ustaz about me. That's by the way, VVD is a coward. Simple and short.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 12:40pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:
I heard VVD did it again

I just seen clips of the goals scored. Man, the defending from VVD was atrocious, especially for the third. Practically zero awareness and zero interest shown.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:46pm On Apr 12
BlueRayDick:

grin

If he was from Africa and played this shadow marking style from beginning of his career, there's no way he would've found his way into Europe at all.

There are other big defenders like Konate who go all out to close down an opposition player. I never see a good defender that has all the attributes that make a good defender that runs from dribble reach Van Djik.

People like VVD always overwork their partners in defence. That's why they need workhorse as partners so that one go dey do jaki work while one is forming leader and Nokia communicator like Jodera said

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:50pm On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

He is a good defender, and shadow marking is a useful tool, but the guy has to apply good judgement on deciding when to shadow mark.

There is a thin line between shadow marking and dereliction of duty.

Defending has never been a fine boy thing cos your white go stain many times so if you dey play to protect your reputation from dribble then you are in the wrong profession

Doc if dem carry you enter field now at your young age, shebi na the same scope of shadow marking and leadership plus communication you sef go dey hide under to avoid getting dribbled

So VVD know wetin he dey do
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 12:54pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

Defending has never been a fine boy thing cos your white go stain many times so if you dey play to protect your reputation from dribble then you are in the wrong profession

Doc if dem carry you enter field now at your young age, shebi na the same scope of shadow marking and leadership plus communication you sef go dey hide under to avoid getting dribbled

So VVD know wetin he dey do

LOL @ young age.

VVD na sharp man, but we all know what we are doing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblem2: 1:09pm On Apr 12
🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Enzo Fernández and Axel Disasi are out injured for Chelsea, club confirms 🔵

Raheem Sterling and Robert Sanchez are ill while Levi Colwill, Fofana, Reece James, Roméo Lavia, Nkunku and Ugochukwu are still all on club’s injury report.

🔙 Ben Chilwell, back on team training.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:56pm On Apr 12
Kimbeast:

Not taking anything from Ibrahimovic but you can make anyone look good with an highlight compilation. Take a look at Haaland at 20 playing for Salzburg.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5m8Jhj78Eg?si=jBlUsGuA8FbAPbQg

Whilst you can make anyone look good through compilations, compilations also expose some skills that players have- or a lack of it.

Ibrahim’s close control, especially within tight quarters and overall football ability is evident in the compilation I posted earlier. You see him displaying this ability every 10 second or so in the compilation.

Haaland’s compilation is majorly about him bullying a defender and running onto a pass to score goals. His control within tight spaces has been atrocious all this while and you hardly see him creating a goal for himself or others. If he hadn’t honed his scoring abilities, there’s no way he would have landed in City.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Leyqute(m): 1:57pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

Any notable trophy?

The type of goal Okocha scored against Kahn we can say C Ronaldo too never scored it so Okocha is better than Ronaldo?

Egbon Dayo grin. I know your own issue is with Ibrahimovix. If I compared Haaland with Lewandowski you wouldn’t disagree- even though Lewa didn’t possess the skills Ibrahim had at a young age.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 2:07pm On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

Na palm oil you just add for this beans wen Dayo dey cook..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:10pm On Apr 12
Leyqute:

Egbon Dayo grin. I know your own issue is with Ibrahimovix. If I compared Haaland with Lewandowski you wouldn’t disagree- even though Lewa didn’t possess the skills Ibrahim had at a young age.

The 3 Ibrahimovic Haaland and Lewandowski are strikers who are judged by goals scored
All 3 come from small countries football wise so all of them wont have any notable national trophies

The only way to check them is what they won for clubs. All of them play/played for top clubs

Lewandowski is the 3rd all time CL scorer, Haaland has 41 goals at 23yrs old, Zlatan has 49 and retired.
2 of them have CL titles(guess the exception)
2 of them have topped CL top scorers for a season (Guess the exception)

There are no additional prices for scoring with taekwondo if you dont put up numbers. Will you rather your club top striker score 5 spectacular goals in a season or score 25 tap in goals per season
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:13pm On Apr 12
Roland17:

na so I dey cook am
https://twitter.com/i/status/1756779933777416266

By the way if you are not following Victor Boniface on twitter you are missing on some premium comedy. The guy na mad man, from Leverkusen na asylum fit am

https://twitter.com/boniface_jrn

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:22pm On Apr 12
Roland17:

Hahaha. Talk true, you sef no surprise when you see the goals?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12
raumdeuter:

na so I dey cook am
https://twitter.com/i/status/1756779933777416266

By the way if you are not following Victor Boniface on twitter you are missing on some premium comedy. The guy na mad man, from Leverkusen na asylum fit am

https://twitter.com/boniface_jrn

LMAO!

The guy na real werey..na Naija boy to the bone wen like Violence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:24pm On Apr 12
popizaino:

Please give Alhaji his phone back cos this can't possibly be his opinion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 2:30pm On Apr 12
afrodoc2:

Hahaha. Talk true, you sef no surprise when you see the goals?

As I see the goals, my heart immediately went out to VVD’s sympathizers because I knew what was coming.

Baba don transition from shadow marking to total eclipse marking.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:35pm On Apr 12
BlueRayDick:

grin

I knew the guy is nuts when he was bending nyash in UCL final.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:37pm On Apr 12
popizaino:

I'm just a man who believes there is a God, nothing ustaz about me. That's by the way, VVD is a coward. Simple and short.

Now I am sure Alhaji's phone has been stolen.

Airmark, can you help us track it.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by swiz123(m): 2:42pm On Apr 12
Ballzproblem2:
🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: Enzo Fernández and Axel Disasi are out injured for Chelsea, club confirms 🔵

Raheem Sterling and Robert Sanchez are ill while Levi Colwill, Fofana, Reece James, Roméo Lavia, Nkunku and Ugochukwu are still all on club’s injury report.

🔙 Ben Chilwell, back on team training.

I hope the club isn't using their money to treat Sterling.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 2:48pm On Apr 12
Roland17:

As I see the goals, my heart immediately went out to VVD’s sympathizers because I knew what was coming.

Baba don transition from shadow marking to total eclipse marking.

Eclipse what? 😂

(1) (2) (3) ... (19011) (19012) (19013) (19014) (19015) (19016) (19017) ... (19297) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.