Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,905 members, 7,838,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (19212) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10633267 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19209) (19210) (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) ... (19285) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ballzproblemm: 6:34pm On May 12
Liverpool and Manchester United are trying to MIRROR Chelsea’s structure!
[@David_Ornstein]
boehly don't know anything about football,lol
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 6:35pm On May 12
Itsrm
You lease help us check if Arsenal has dropped points against the scummies.

Bad belle Dey give ulcer
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:36pm On May 12
Kimbeast:

Jackson is not your problem. 14goals and 5 assist in his first season is a brilliant return. Man city were winning league titles without a top striker, Madrid are league champions without a top striker. Arsenal with havertz who has less league goals than Jackson are competing for the league. Tell me the striker you want Chelsea to buy that will guarantee 20league goals.

Analysis like this is what I want to see. Everybody shouting new striker, new striker, when there are teams winning championships without a standing no 9.

Arsenal just won their 27th game of the season. I believe this is their highest number of wins in a single season in over 2 decades. They've done this without a recognised no9.

If you like, buy Kane and Osimhen and fuse them into one, we will be back with the same arguments. As long as we have a tactically reactive manager like Poch, we will do nothing with that striker. We will just be wasting money.

That's why I keep saying what we have is a tactical problem. Not a defensive or attacking problem. Funny how Poch makes one single tactical change with inverted FB, and we win three in row, scoring 10 and conceding only 2, with the same set of players. To put things in perspective, we have not won 3 games in a row, since the start of the season. Just one tactical change.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:49pm On May 12
Ibime:
Jackson goals are all headers and tapins. He misses every 1v1 with the keeper

But. . . .a record of 17 goals (with no penalties) in his debut season is respectable. I hope he hits 20.

And his hold up play is great

People spend too much time talking about things he's not doing well... yet.

17 goals no penalties in season 1 is brilliant for any striker. Especially for one that cost only £32m. His hold-up is elite. He's very quick for his height.

He misses a lot of one v ones but I see this as a confidence issue. The fact that he is able to isolate himself into numerous one v one situations is testament to his hard work off the ball, running into good spaces.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 6:53pm On May 12
nateevs:

Analysis like this is what I want to see. Everybody shouting new striker, new striker, when there are teams winning championships without a standing no 9.

Arsenal just won their 27th game of the season. I believe this is their highest number of wins in a single season in over 2 decades. They've done this without a recognised no9.

If you like, buy Kane and Osimhen and fuse them into one, we will be back with the same arguments. As long as we have a tactically reactive manager like Poch, we will do nothing with that striker. We will just be wasting money.

That's why I keep saying what we have is a tactical problem. Not a defensive or attacking problem. Funny how Poch makes one single tactical change with inverted FB, and we win three in row, scoring 10 and conceding only 2, with the same set of players. To put things in perspective, we have not won 3 games in a row, since the start of the season. Just one tactical change.

So, tactical problem made Jackson to miss 22 chances, abi?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 6:54pm On May 12
nateevs:

17 goals no penalties in season 1 is brilliant for any striker. Especially for one that cost only £32m. His hold-up is elite. He's very quick for his height.

He misses a lot of one v ones but I see this as a confidence issue. The fact that he is able to isolate himself into numerous one v one situations is testament to his hard work off the ball, running into good spaces.

17 goals out of 40 chances. He try well no bi small. grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:03pm On May 12
Sportsweb:
No go sleep. Before 2023 nobody believes arsenal will compete the league, not even Arsenal fan ever imagined.

Same way you folks magically started competing for league is the same way United, Chelsea or any club could rise up to the task.

You have bottled the league last season and about to repeat it again this season.
I asked a simple question and it's an opinion for you to give

All these Shalaye and epistles no necessary
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Jodera: 7:05pm On May 12
larride:

Leave Jodera, he thinks other team will remain in wilderness
Who are the other teams is what I asked.

Anybody who watched arsenal when arsenal finished 5th knows that we'll be a serious top 4 contender.

Who do you think is ready that will be in top 2 and not arsenal.

It's a simple question that demands logic not emotions
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by andrewbaba44: 7:06pm On May 12
It will be somehow if arsenal doesn’t win the league sha

That had an almost a perfect league season

But it is what it is .

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 7:10pm On May 12
Shegzdave:
Itsrm
You lease help us check if Arsenal has dropped points against the scummies.

Bad belle Dey give ulcer

Where did I say Arsenal will drop points against scummies?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by drisham(m): 7:12pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Compare it to haaland and Nunez also

P.s everyone knows I don't like Jackson

But his numbers are ok looking at the price he was gotten for
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SimpleGuy001: 7:14pm On May 12
forgiveness:

17 goals out of 40 chances. He try well no bi small. grin

This is a fail oooo. That’s less than 50% lol, if na university he Dey, na straight carry over
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:23pm On May 12
forgiveness:

He is not experienced enough for Chelsea now. Forget he is doing well in Dortmund.
eh make him play get the experience na

Except you want another season of start with Chilwell finish with cucurella
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 7:24pm On May 12
drisham:

Compare it to haaland and Nunez also

P.s everyone knows I don't like Jackson

But his numbers are ok looking at the price he was gotten for
they should even compare him tp hojlund that united bought for 80m
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 7:37pm On May 12
Itsrm:

Where did I say Arsenal will drop points against scummies?

Itsrm:

The reason you should take it off is because you will drop points. I am 100% sure of this. You wan bet am with me?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 7:40pm On May 12
Shegzdave:

Calm down. One match to go. I never said the points will be dropped against united.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Shegzdave: 7:41pm On May 12
Itsrm:

Calm down. One match to go. I never said the points will be dropped against united.
We will be there grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Altern8tor: 7:54pm On May 12
Itsrm:

Spurs/city game is d title deciding game of d season,,Spurs need to play Europa,,they even still have hope of making top4,,they were supposed to be in the top4,,if they lost to city,,their hope is gone,,city have 2 games to worry about while arsenal have one... So I think d pressure is more on city than arsenal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueAngel444: 8:00pm On May 12
nateevs:

it's actually £30m and his salary is £65k per week can't compare to the great hojlund grin 😁
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Itsrm(m): 8:00pm On May 12
Altern8tor:

Spurs/city game is d title deciding game of d season,,Spurs need to play Europa,,they even still have hope of making top4,,they were supposed to be in the top4,,if they lost to city,,their hope is gone,,city have 2 games to worry about while arsenal have one... So I think d pressure is more on city than arsenal

I don't see spurs causing any upset. You either have it or you don't.

Luton had more to lose than Spurs and still lost. Nottingham needed a draw against Chelsea but lost.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by iamoyindamola(m): 8:10pm On May 12
Itsrm:

Have some shame na
Even small sef

Oya make we bet now, arsenal won't drop point against Everton
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:16pm On May 12
timbros:

You are mentioning strikers Chelsea have in 2009/10 season when we won EPL and you no shame to mention Shevchenko.

A player that made an 86 minute substitute appearance in Chelsea's second match of the season before being sold off to Dynamo Kviv.

If he played for us, why didn't he get a winners medal?

How about Loic Remy? grin

Make you dey shame small for informations wey you dey ditch here. We are not kids. Even without Google, any true Chelsea fan knows that Sheva was NOT part of Don Carlo's fearsome attack that scored 103 goals in 2009/10.

Unlimited opined that no need for more than 1 CF to contest for the league and I pointed out two seasons we won the Epl and we got even more than 2 natural CFs in the team.

As usual, you just jumped from nowhere to a convo you weren't abreast of. Who do you this thing?

Below are also our strikers when we won the league in 2014/2015 season. Rest your busy body.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:20pm On May 12
forgiveness:

Haaland must be a very terrible striker.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:26pm On May 12
airmark:

Unlimited opined that no need for more than 1 CF to contest for the league and I pointed out two seasons we won the Epl and we got even more than 2 natural CFs in the team.

As usual, you just jumped from nowhere to a convo you weren't abreast of. Who do you this thing?

Below are also our strikers when we won the league in 2014/2015 season. Rest your busy body.

Stop doing this to yourself man! Is it old age or what?

airmark:

So we should buy a new LB that will bench an English Vice captain of the team, right?

If Chilwell is not leaving, then no need buying another LB that will struggle to bench our English Vice captain, especially when Cucurella is looking manageable.

Chelsea's 2009/2010 Epl winning squad had Drogba, Shevy, Anelka and Sturrudge as our CFs.

Chelsea's 2016/2017 Epl winning squad had Diego Costa, Loic Remy, Batshuayi and Solanke as CFs.

The standard has really dropped for you to be thinking having 2 solid CFs, is too much of a call.

It's high time you stopped seeing Chelsea as Aston Villa. In fact Jackson is not even near Watkins in finishing.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:26pm On May 12
Unlimited22:

And I'm telling you we are not buying Two CFS with the kind of wingers and defence we have.

grin

The last 3 Epl trophies we won, we had at least 3 CFs that were better than Jackson. I know you want us to compete with Newcastle, Aston villa, Spurs and not Man city. We have different expectations and targets, mine is not just top 4 but the league title.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:26pm On May 12
timbros:

Haaland must be a very terrible striker.

36 goals out of 69 chances. That's a pass mark.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:32pm On May 12
forgiveness:

36 goals out of 69 chances. That's a pass mark.

With how many penalties?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:34pm On May 12
timbros:

With how many penalties?

It's part of the game.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:35pm On May 12
forgiveness:

It's part of the game.

Because it's Jackson, abi? Okay.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by BlueMann: 8:36pm On May 12
Atalanta are quietly having an outstanding season. In the Coppa Italia final, in the UEL final and in pole position to make a top four finish. They'll cause Leverkusen serious problems from what I've seen. They're dominating Roma just like Leverkusen did in the first half in Thursday, just that they've been sharper in front of goal.

Thank goodness Juventus are fumbling. They need to stay their ass away from the UCL next season with their ugly ass football, with Atalanta taking their place. Though they'll still qualify if they finish fifth, unfortunately.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:36pm On May 12
airmark:

grin

The last 3 Epl trophies we won, we had at least 3 CFs that were better than Jackson. I know you want us to compete with Newcastle, Aston villa, Spurs and not Man city. We have different expectations and targets, mine is not just top 4 but the league title.

League title, oga but not with Jackson. We need 2 or at least one more deadly and experience striker.

We no be midtable team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by forgiveness: 8:38pm On May 12
timbros:

Because it's Jackson, abi? Okay.

Oga, Jackson try but because of him we are where we are now on the league if you consider the crucial missed chances.

Chelsea needs to add 1 or 2 strikers to compete against big teams.

(1) (2) (3) ... (19209) (19210) (19211) (19212) (19213) (19214) (19215) ... (19285) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: rooftops, humblesteve(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.