Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,620 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:13 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10697525 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (19355) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 8:44am On May 16, 2016
I will keep on saying it mou was the problem followed by emenalo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Agunnewi: 11:13am On May 16, 2016
Ranieri: "I've got the title back here, would you like a peek?"
Abramovich: "Sure!"
Ranieri: "Shouldn't have fired me then!"

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 11:51am On May 16, 2016
Provisional 26-man England squad for Euro 2016

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe
Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)
Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary
Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool),
Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris
Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones
(Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross
Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester
City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny
Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson
(Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James
Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester
City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle United),
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur),
Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne
Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge
(Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

Courtesy: Soccernet.com
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 12:26pm On May 16, 2016
hensben:
Yeah, after he lefthe told emenalo to sign pato(of all striker)
What's your role in chelsea football club if I may ask? For you to know mou was the problem.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 12:29pm On May 16, 2016
I don't know what that boy with GLASS LEG(Wilshere) is doing in that squad.
The dark horse in this year euros is Austria.
People should watchout for that austria team.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 12:30pm On May 16, 2016
As John Terry paraded around the Stamford
Bridge pitch after Sunday’s draw against
Leicester City, fans chanted that they wanted
him to stay. Terry himself, taking the microphone
for an emotional address, agreed that ,"I want to
stay, the club knows that, the fans know that."
And the club, at last, it seems, want him to stay,
but on less money and in a different role. What
that means exactly, or what the contract offered
last Friday entails, is not clear. But keeping Terry
on in any capacity seems a very strange idea.
Terry, at 35, remains a very fine defender,
although it’s intriguing that his WhoSored.com
rating of 6.55 this season is around half a point
down on his average over the past five seasons.
But he showed towards the end of Jose
Mourinho’s reign that he is still not somebody to
take being rested kindly. He still seems to
believe he should be leading from the front and
that means being on the pitch. Last season,
when he achieved the remarkable feat of playing
every minute of every Premier League game,
also ended with him with a microphone on the
pitch, taking pops at Rafa Benitez for having, two
years earlier, suggested he couldn’t play two
games in a week.
As age saps further at his powers, Terry will be
rested increasingly frequently. There is no
evidence he will acquiesce and that makes him a
problem. The last thing a new manager needs is
a grumpy senior player undermining morale, even
if it is only by looking disgruntled on the bench.
At some point time catches up even with club
legends – Steven Gerrard and Francesco Totti, in
their own ways, had, or are having, fraught
finales to their club careers – and it would have
been entirely reasonable had Antonio Conte
asked somebody else to wield the knife so the
situation was resolved by the time he arrived.
But beyond his age, there is another reason why
Terry may not find an obvious role under Conte.
Conte is often described as a coach who
naturally favours a back three, and it is true that
he has used that shape to great success with
Juventus and Italy. But with Bari, Atalanta and
Siena he preferred a back four, Rather, he is a
coach who plays a pressing game and, finding
Leonardo Bonnucci, Andrea Barzagli and Giorgio
Chiellini at Juve, decided to field all of them. At
Chelsea he may play a back three or a back four,
but he will definitely press.
Terry, for all his many qualities, is not quick. Ask
him to push up the pitch and he is extremely
vulnerable to the ball in behind him. He does not
turn quickly. In Chelsea’s swirl of recent
managers, only one has really tried to impose a
pressing game: Andre Villas-Boas in 2011-12. If
there is a defining image of his reign, it is Terry
sprawling hopelessly in the 5-3 home defeat to
Arsenal. Although he rallied under Benitez,
despite his frustrations, that spell under Villas-
Boas was by some margin the worst the mature
Terry has had under any manager at Stamford
Bridge.
That season, regularly caught out of position,
desperately trying to recover, Terry committed
roughly twice as many fouls per game as he
usually does. He picked up eight yellow cards,
more than he has in the four seasons since
combined. Of the eight he collected that season,
seven came before Villas-Boas was sacked on
March 4.
If Terry was too slow to play a high line under
four years ago, he will be too slow now. Play
Terry high up the pitch and he will be undone by
balls in behind him. That means his role next
season would be limited even if it weren’t for his
age. It may be that the new contract offer is
part of an elaborate game to make it seem as
though it is Terry’s decision to leave but if he
does end up staying, it’s hard to see the
outcome being anything other than frustration
and acrimony.

https://www.whoscored.com/News/xqmtzme1nuydrurlbm776a/Show/Conte-Arrival-Should-Urge-Chelsea-to-Learn-from-AVB-Era-with-Terry#.VzmSrgl3b24.twitter

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 12:41pm On May 16, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Yeah, after he lefthe told emenalo to sign pato(of all striker)
What's your role in chelsea football club if I may ask? For you to know mou was the problem.
What is wrong with people sef. I said mou was behind our poor performance this season followed by EMENALO.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 12:55pm On May 16, 2016
hensben:
What is wrong with people sef. I said mou was behind our poor performance this season followed by EMENALO.
Emenalo should take the blame before Mou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 1:00pm On May 16, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Emenalo should take the blame before Mou.
No mou first. In my opinion though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 1:08pm On May 16, 2016
hensben:
No mou first. In my opinion though.
Then you obviously know nothing about the team you claim to support.
Maybe you should support arsenalfc
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 1:20pm On May 16, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Then you obviously know nothing about the team you claim to support.
Maybe you should support arsenalfc

And what do you actually KNOW about Emenalo? cheesy

And by 'Know', I mean actual verifiable knowledge...not Speculation...and not regurgitated Ibime posts...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 1:42pm On May 16, 2016
Nihilist:

And by 'Know', I mean actual verifiable knowledge...not Speculation...and not regurgitated Ibime posts...
I know nothing about him sire undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 1:48pm On May 16, 2016
Conte acquitted of match fixing!!!
But I have this feeling that man is not clean.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 3:37pm On May 16, 2016
bigkesh:
Arsenal fans though........
Just when you think we are both going trophyless after they lost their 'Fourphy',they invented another one....
Shut up biggie...

Arsenal fans are not like Chelshit fans that always moan like a moaninghoe...

We always find something to celebrate...

Like St. Totteringham's day.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 3:44pm On May 16, 2016
hensben:
Due to the problems with the physios which also involved Hazard, I would assume Mou contributed to the poor performance of Chelsea but I wouldn't blame it entirely on him. The players themselves have to take responsibility for their performances. It's their career at stake.

-from an antimourinho guy. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 4:19pm On May 16, 2016
Spy360:
Shut up biggie...
Arsenal fans are not like Chelshit fans that always moan like a moaninghoe...
We always find something to celebrate...
Like St. Totteringham's day.
Hahahahaa.... cheesycheesycheesy
I kinda funny sha... Laughing at my own humur.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 5:00pm On May 16, 2016
Spy360:
Hahahahaa.... cheesycheesycheesy
I kinda funny sha... Laughing at my own humur.
is it really true? what they say about you on this sports thread?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:23pm On May 16, 2016
liveLongNprospa:

Leyqute is more than a prophet..
Apologies to you sir leyqute

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 5:42pm On May 16, 2016
Nihilist:

bros, where is Ritchboy? Or which moniker did he change to?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
Dongorgon5:
I know nothing about him sire undecided

Hahahaha....actually, most people, not only you on this thread know nothing about this Emenalo guy until Ibime started writing about him.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Emenalo might have frustrated him though but Mou was highly instrumental to our fall this season.
One of his flaws was what Leyqute rightly stated earlier in the season and it came to pass eventually, our star players were over-used, they were all worn out, we had little or no rotation at all, I remembered I was at a viewing centre one day and was calling our players for each position as we were about watching a match, I had so mastered it that the guy beside me was like, u don even sabi una first 11, una no get any other people wey una dey use.

It's not coincidence that Terry, Fabregas, Costa, Matic, Ivanovic and Hazard were all shitty when this season started Until dey started regaining lost form gradually, when it was already late.

These guys were our best and regular starters last season when we won the league.
I have a strong believe that, we would smile again next season, we might even win the league.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:18pm On May 16, 2016
Skimpledawg:
Arsenal... 2014 - 4th 2015 - 3rd 2016 - 2nd 2017 - cheesycheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:19pm On May 16, 2016
Skimpledawg:

Arsenal...
2014 - 4th
2015 - 3rd
2016 - 2nd
2017 - cheesycheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:20pm On May 16, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Hahahaha....actually, most people, not only you on this thread know nothing about this Emenalo guy until Ibime started writing about him.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Emenalo might have frustrated him though but Mou was highly instrumental to our fall this season.
One of his flaws was what Leyqute rightly stated earlier in the season and it came to pass eventually, our star players were over-used, they were all worn out, we had little or no rotation at all, I remembered I was at a viewing centre one day and was calling our players for each position as we were about watching a match, I had so mastered it that the guy beside me was like, u don even sabi una first 11, una no get any other people wey una dey use.

It's not coincidence that Terry, Fabregas, Costa, Matic, Ivanovic and Hazard were all shitty when this season started Until dey started regaining lost form gradually, when it was already late.

These guys were our best and regular starters last season when we won the league.
I have a strong believe that, we would smile again next season, we might even win the league.

Players were worn out on the 1st day of the season?

Are you sure you go to OAU?

If being worn out was the issue, surely one would expect them to start losing at the end of the season, not from the 1st game of the season.

The squad is not good enough with not enough good players in depth, which is the exact same point Mourinho made to the board in the summer, which was blocked by the likes of Emenalo who won the argument to persuade Abramovic that the squad is good enough and deep enough.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by LordEmperoris1(m): 6:28pm On May 16, 2016
Spy360:
Arsenal... 2014 - 4th 2015 - 3rd 2016 - 2nd 2017 - cheesycheesy
1st lol
You don come again
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:38pm On May 16, 2016
pamcode:
Provisional 26-man England squad for Euro 2016

Goalkeepers: Fraser Forster (Southampton), Joe
Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)
Defenders: Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary
Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool),
Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Chris
Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones
(Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur)

Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Ross
Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Manchester
City), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny
Drinkwater (Leicester City), Jordan Henderson
(Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), James
Milner (Liverpool), Raheem Sterling (Manchester
City), Andros Townsend (Newcastle United),
Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur),
Marcus Rashford (Manchester United), Wayne
Rooney (Manchester United), Daniel Sturridge
(Liverpool), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City)

Courtesy: Soccernet.com
Which 4 players do you think Hodgson should drop?

For me though difficult but its got to be Delph, Townsend, Sterling and Rashford (sorry, since Rooney is undropable)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 6:39pm On May 16, 2016
Ibime:

If being worn out was the issue, surely one would expect them to start losing at the end of the season, not from the 1st game of the season.

The squad is not good enough with not enough good players in depth, which is the exact same point Mourinho made to the board in the summer, which was blocked by the likes of Emenalo who won the argument to persuade Abramovic that the squad is good enough and deep enough.

Lol...I didn't go to oau, im a bus conductor, our first game was against Burnley or Swansea, I can't remember now, in what constitution is it stated that you must win your first game.
These players were already showing signs of fatigue before the title winning season ended, they didn't have enough rest before traveling for preseason too.
Emanalo blocked singings but this club still signed more than 3 players, if Mou wasn't allowed to sign players, what happens to recalling our decent players on loan, how do you explain star players like Hazard and fab being used in carling cups and FA when we could have easily rested them.
Are you sure you graduated from uni at all?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 6:43pm On May 16, 2016
Ibime:

After Mou left Hiddink went on a very long unbeaten run. That's a testimony against Mou. He lost the dressing room.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 6:47pm On May 16, 2016
Chelseafan1:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm not saying jose ddidnt have his own falut in our downfall, but emenalo should go too.
Every manager have there own trusted men in a team.
Pellegrini will always start with arguero silva toure kompany and fernadinho when they are all fit.
When we won the league, jose submitted his transfer request to the board.
We went on to sign baba rahman(another version of taye taiwo) papy djilobdji falcao and pedro.
You and I know the type of players jose likes to work with.
Jose left, we still went on to sign pato.
The last or 10 players we've sign shows the problem at chelsea is beyond the manager.
Hiddink only won 1 out his 10 home games.
What I feel is when the manager want to sign another player, emenalo will go for another one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 6:50pm On May 16, 2016
Ibime:

Exactly, jose even gave them 2 weeks break.
Its a matter of time before conte will clash with the board.
Because he is another version of mourinho.
He is even crazy than mou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On May 16, 2016
Chelseafan1:

Lol...I didn't go to oau, im a bus conductor, our first game was against Burnley or Swansea, I can't remember now, in what constitution is it stated that you must win your first game.
These players were already showing signs of fatigue before the title winning season ended, they didn't have enough rest before traveling for preseason too.
Emanalo blocked singings but this club still signed more than 3 players, if Mou wasn't allowed to sign players, what happens to recalling our decent players on loan, how do you explain star players like Hazard and fab being used in carling cups and FA when we could have easily rested them.
Are you sure you graduated from uni at all?

It is no secret that you are one of the slowest members on this thread.

So players did not have enough rest in preseason, despite the fact that Chelsea only did 3 weeks preseason?

I expect the teams who did 6 weeks preseason to die of fatigue before season starts in that case.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:08pm On May 16, 2016
Ibime:

I don't even get all this worn out talk to start with.

The players were worn out,but came back phaaaat! unfit! Looking like they swallowed a cow each after spending extra weeks away before preseason.e.g. Costa and Our darling Hazard comes to mind readily angry

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:13pm On May 16, 2016
Spy360:

After Mou left Hiddink went on a very long unbeaten run. That's a testimony against Mou. He lost the dressing room.

Yes, he lost the dressing room due to being in a bad mood with the board over signings and taking it out on the players.

However Hiddinks performance is near enough the capability of this team - Hiddink's 1.5 pts per game average would have finished Chelsea on 59.7 points over a 38 game season, good enough for 9th position behind Liverpool.

I put this teams ability close to that range - a team that will struggle to finish in the top 4, which is the point Mourinho made to the board in the Summer which was vetoed by Emenalo.

From January 2015 when Spurs exposed our weakness at White Hart Lane, every team knew our shortcoming. Infact we only won like 3 of our last 10 or 11 games or so last season, so it does not take a rocket scientist to figure that this team was not good enough. I don't envisage that Mourinho expected to have to play Kurt Zouma in midfield once again just to see the season out like last year.

JM performed miracles with this lot in 2014/15, and blind cont like Emenalo could not see it, thinking it's the players that did it, hence they must be good enough to prosecute another season.

Another blind cont in the commercial department went and scheduled post-season matches in Thailand and Indonesia in June 2015, forcing Chelsea to start their pre-season late. I do not think Jose sat down at the end of May, and had the bright idea to go to Thailand to earn some more money at season end. That is a board decision. The players were still unfit as at when the season started.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1958) (1959) (1960) (1961) (1962) (1963) (1964) ... (19355) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.