Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,721 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2005) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10458174 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) ... (19127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 7:11pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nihilist:

I rate that lad....I seriously rate him.

He is big, fast, strong, and very good on the ball. Defensively a teeny bit suspect, and prone to brainfarts...I think that his game(like danny Rose) has been elevated under Pochettino, and I'm looking forward to watching him reach the next level of his career.

Shame he's a spud though....
Walker. I've always rated that guy and I can remember his rocket (a la Essien) against Arsenal some seasons ago. Top quality.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:56pm On Jun 16, 2016
FBS:

Walker. I've always rated that guy and I can remember his rocket (a la Essien) against Arsenal some seasons ago. Top quality.

Its funny how his career has gone.
I first saw him play in the championship with Sheffield United and he was good, but the man of the moment at that time was Kyle Naughton who is around the same age as him...

They both moved to spurs and the story has changed. That statement Is actually underplayed .

Sheffield United were selling their biggest stars around that time, following their EPL relegation in 07.

Jagielka went to Everton. Michael Tonge went to Stoke. Kazim Kazim went to Turkey. And word on the terrace was that Kyle Naughton was the one to eclipse all of them.

Almost 10 years later, Jagielka never fulfilled his destiny as an EPL midfielder, Kazim Richards never became the world beating winger that was promised, I think Tonge is still floating around in the championship, but Kylev Naughton flopped ridiculously...at least he has found his level at the lower end of the EPL.

Speaking of Sheffield United former stars, watch out for Harry Maguire this season. club captain at the age of 20, got his big money move to Hull a couple of years ago, and is now on the fringes of the 1st team, now back in EPL.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
That Payet na the best crossing master since Beckham. De Bruyne just slightly behind him.

Wingers of nowadays wey no like to cross ball should watch this guy and learn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:02pm On Jun 16, 2016
Nihilist:

Its funny how his career has gone.
I first saw him play in the championship with Sheffield United and he was good, but the man of the moment at that time was Kyle Naughton who is around the same age as him...

They both moved to spurs and the story has changed. That statement Is actually underplayed .

Sheffield United were selling their biggest stars around that time, following their EPL relegation in 07.

Jagielka went to Everton. Michael Tonge went to Stoke. Kazim Kazim went to Turkey. And word on the terrace was that Kyle Naughton was the one to eclipse all of them.

Almost 10 years later, Jagielka never fulfilled his destiny as an EPL midfielder, Kazim Richards never became the world beating winger that was promised, I think Tonge is still floating around in the championship, but Kylev Naughton flopped ridiculously...at least he has found his level at the lower end of the EPL.

Speaking of Sheffield United former stars, watch out for Harry Maguire this season. club captain at the age of 20, got his big money move to Hull a couple of years ago, and is now on the fringes of the 1st team, now back in EPL.

Say what you like about Harry Redknapp but I actually liked how spuds were playing under him. Walker surely benefited from that. He was basically always in my fantasy team. cheesy I clearly remember his goal against arsenal of 6 years or so ago. Brilliant.
Naughton aint as strong and hungry and mad like Walker plus spurs and Swansea no be mate now. Opon Apala ti sun finally. grin

Well let's see what Mr Jacob can do but goodness, where is Chalobah?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2016
What. A. Miss. shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:16pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dayo don see wetin e go use invade this place today cheesy

Nice one boatank cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:26pm On Jun 16, 2016
Dayo just they thank melik ooooo!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:28pm On Jun 16, 2016
Is that not CFCs hector?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2016
Second yellow for boatank not given.

Wasted opportunity by Poland.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sleekdot(m): 9:45pm On Jun 16, 2016
Chelseafan1:
WHat about England getting all 3 points today against a team that has Bale?

When was the last time Wales qualified for a major tournament. Anyway England vs Wales is basically EPL vs EPL someone has to win
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:54pm On Jun 16, 2016
Sleekdot una get luck o!!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by sleekdot(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2016
diggz:
Sleekdot una get luck o!!!!

Thats how Germany perform in 2nd game of tournaments. I predicted it
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 1:17am On Jun 17, 2016
sleekdot:

Thats how Germany perform in 2nd game of tournaments. I predicted it

grin grin grin..

Dayo Dayo.

The predictor.

Octopus Paul of our time.

Well done!

grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 5:58am On Jun 17, 2016
sleekdot:

When was the last time Wales qualified for a major tournament. Anyway England vs Wales is basically EPL vs EPL someone has to win

I saw how ur world best German team won comfortably yesterday, Gotze and Muller were both superb in front of goal, Germany didnt struggle at all yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 7:43am On Jun 17, 2016
Chelseafan1:

I saw how ur world best German team won comfortably yesterday, Gotze and Muller were both superb in front of goal, Germany didnt struggle at all yesterday.

since poland came to euro to b selling akara, where u xpectin germany to ave an easy game bfore undecided.....

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 10:17am On Jun 17, 2016
Bimffo:

grin grin grin..

Dayo Dayo.

The predictor.

Octopus Paul of our time.

Well done!

grin grin

You forgot to add the picture lol

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:54am On Jun 17, 2016
Quick question guys...

Before you place your bets at Nairabet or Bet9ja or what not, what si your research process?

Do you just pick bets on a hunch?

Do you check sure banker websites?

Do you ask an albino to rub his testicles all over your face for good luck?

What's your process start to finish?

Cc A40 raumdeuter sleekdot mrTa bigkesh chelseafan1 homesteady ibime spy360 dadehmola chrisley024 sinizia parottibaba diggz bykebyke dmcdad bimffo etc....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...

Before you place your bets at Nairabet or Bet9ja or what not, what si your research process?

Cc A40 raumdeuter sleekdot mrTa bigkesh chelseafan1 homesteady ibime spy360 dadehmola chrisley024 sinizia parottibaba diggz bykebyke dmcdad bimffo etc....

The best punting site I've come across is soccervista.com, , because of its accessibility and padded info. They give you full details of both teams. I don't just use anybody's prediction rather I use it as a guide to study them. Head to head analysis and current form are the most important yardsticks used for predictions.

And moreso, I don't need to remind you that to make good profit in punting, you have to take the risk!! Start by using at least 2k. And bet as few games as possible. Max of 5 games per slip for maybe 7-10 odds maximum!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...

I don't do any research,I just pick on what has a 90% chance of happening.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...

I allow an albino to rub his testicles all over my face
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 2:00pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...

I don't bet bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 2:05pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...

Guy I no go lie for you there is a huge element of luck involved.

Sometimes though you have to think outside the box. That option you wanted to pick, choose the exact opposite

Don't always go for the sure banker. Scared money don't make none
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:
Quick question guys...Before you place your bets at Nairabet or Bet9ja or what not, what si your research process?

Look I have been in this game long enough to know there is a lot of luck involved in betting. Statistically a betting company can never lose, They already edge their bets with the odds they issued. So the foolishness is actually in putting your money in it. I am talking as someone who have won a lot infact a third of the money that bought my first car in Yankee was from a winning stake.

E.g Barcelona vs Granada Barcelona 1.01, draw 5 Granada 10. How would you stake your money? Put $100 on Barcelona you only win $1 back.

Personal story I started betting like 2007, I introduced one of my friends to it who was also on Nairaland. we drew all form of models analysis, excel sheets searched for games in Eastern Europe and South America but we were still losing more

An example I did an in game betting 77th min 2010 world cup Ghana vs Serbia the game was still 0-0 staked $200 on game ending in a draw, From gameplay, Both teams had settled for the draw as they didnt want to lose. last 5 mins an weed smoking Serbian player from a non dangerous move handled the ball in the box and Asamoah Gyan buried the PK. Money gone!!

Another 5 game accumulator and guess what Bayern was the only team who didnt beat Freiburg at home(One of the 5 games all season we didnt pick full points). Money gone.

After a while me and this friend decided it would be better to be on the other side. Due to logistics I pulled out(I dey school for Yankee, I no fit invest that much money and not be on ground where the thing dey go down). he did the platform, got the software he has a website and several shops where they take stakes and he is now a very rich man in Naija.

Then Lagos state licensing fees for betting companies was like 5Million then, last I heard(3yrs ago) its like 40M and companies are still paying it. Why because they know its one of the most lucrative business you can ever run, Chances of losing is slim. A professor from Booth I met in an unofficial setting once told me that if you are from a country where betting is legal, Its one of the surest business.
Akina1abi that owns Nairabet is a NL member, that used to put stakes for me vs coogar to predict on this forum, see as the guy dey ball now, he even contested for house of rep last year

Baba Ijebu wey you dey see so, I know the firm that handles their business and if you know how much their turnover is? This is Baba Ijebu that 90% of his patrons live in face me I face you and can barely afford $1 meals a day

The best advise is if you must be involved in betting, be the guy that takes stakes not the one who stakes

8 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:13pm On Jun 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Look I have been in this game long enough to know there is a lot of luck involved in betting. Statistically a betting company can never lose, They already edge their bets with the odds they issued. So the foolishness is actually in putting your money in it. I am talking as someone who have won a lot infact a third of the money that bought my first car in Yankee was from a winning stake.

E.g Barcelona vs Granada Barcelona 1.01, draw 5 Granada 10. How would you stake your money? Put $100 on Barcelona you only win $1 back.

Personal story I started betting like 2007, I introduced one of my friends to it who was also on Nairaland. we drew all form of models analysis, excel sheets searched for games in Eastern Europe and South America but we were still losing more

An example I did an in game betting 77th min 2010 world cup Ghana vs Serbia the game was still 0-0 staked $200 on game ending in a draw, From gameplay, Both teams had settled for the draw as they didnt want to lose. last 5 mins an weed smoking Serbian player from a non dangerous move handled the ball in the box and Asamoah Gyan buried the PK. Money gone!!

Another 5 game accumulator and guess what Bayern was the only team who didnt beat Freiburg at home(One of the 5 games all season we didnt pick full points). Money gone.

After a while me and this friend decided it would be better to be on the other side. Due to logistics I pulled out(I dey school for Yankee, I no fit invest that much money and not be on ground where the thing dey go down). he did the platform, got the software he has a website and several shops where they take stakes and he is now a very rich man in Naija.

Then Lagos state licensing fees for betting companies was like 5Million then, last I heard(3yrs ago) its like 40M and companies are still paying it. Why because they know its one of the most lucrative business you can ever run, Chances of losing is slim. A professor from Booth I met in an unofficial setting once told me that if you are from a country where betting is legal, Its one of the surest business.
Akina1abi that owns Nairabet is a NL member, that used to put stakes for me vs coogar to predict on this forum, see as the guy dey ball now, he even contested for house of rep last year

Baba Ijebu wey you dey see so, I know the firm that handles their business and if you know how much their turnover is? This is Baba Ijebu that 90% of his patrons live in face me I face you and can barely afford $1 meals a day

The best advise is if you must be involved in betting, be the guy that takes stakes not the one who stakes

I've looked at the offered odds on merrybet, bet9ja, nairabet and they are relatively awful when compared to what the bookies here in the UK offer.

I've looked at the betting industry in Nigeria, and found that it is incredibly exploitative, and I'm toying with the idea of starting a football website using statistcal analysis of only EPL fixtures only to provide betting and comparison advice completely free.

That's why I why I'm asking what people's processes are...not because I don't know how to bet, but to try and figure out how many people rely on 3rd party stat analysis when betting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:14pm On Jun 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

That's what Bet365 is for.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:18pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:

That's what Bet365 is for.

Is bet365 different from other betting sites? What services do they offer. I've not checked it before
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:36pm On Jun 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

Is bet365 different from other betting sites? What services do they offer. I've not checked it before

I meant betfair. Sorry.

Betfair lets you play the bookie. You can set odds on a particular market and take bets on there for a commission.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:51pm On Jun 17, 2016
Another late goal cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 3:58pm On Jun 17, 2016
I like the tenacity in Conte's tactics. I need the replica in CFC Mr. Conte. We need a resilient team and i can see Conte is capable of building such.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:23pm On Jun 17, 2016
raumdeuter:

This is true. But we wey never fit take the stakes how we wan take do am? I no be O.G like you, didn't start till like 2014 and I lose money well well going for so-called 'sure bankers' and what I call Captain Obvious bets, wetin Dortmund take my oju see that 2014/2015 enu o le royin. I learned eventually and started putting money on the longshots. Also studied certain patterns, e.g Barca at Sociedad na sara point. Last time out I put 3k and won 17, Last EPL game of the season went for B.T.T.S picked 6 games 1k brought out 29. While the BuLi was on I recalled our scoring drought and went for the under option. It was too easy. This Euros are another example. Ronaldo, Zlatan, Mueller, Morata, Rooney not to score

Just thinking out of the box has really helped me a lot
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:27pm On Jun 17, 2016
A40:

This is true. But we wey never fit take the stakes how we wan take do am? I no be O.G like you, didn't start till like 2014 and I lose money well well going for so-called 'sure bankers' and what I call Captain Obvious bets, wetin Dortmund take my oju see that 2014/2015 enu o le royin. I learned eventually and started putting money on the longshots. Also studied certain patterns, e.g Barca at Sociedad na sara point. Last time out I put 3k and won 17, Last EPL game of the season went for B.T.T.S picked 6 games 1k brought out 29. While the BuLi was on I recalled our scoring drought and went for the under option. It was too easy. This Euros are another example. Ronaldo, Zlatan, Mueller, Morata, Rooney not to score

Just thinking out of the box has really helped me a lot

That doesn't sound like you were thinking outside the box though.

If you were studious enough to notice patterns and make informed decisions on them, then it sounds like you're taking the logical and thought out option...

Even when you think you're playing like a maverick, on a subconscious level, you're actually playing it very savvy.

You might just be a natural at this grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 4:44pm On Jun 17, 2016
Nihilist:

That doesn't sound like you were thinking outside the box though.

If you were studious enough to notice patterns and make informed decisions on them, then it sounds like you're taking the logical and thought out option...

Even when you think you're playing like a maverick, on a subconscious level, you're actually playing it very savvy.

You might just be a natural at this grin
For example. You see Ukraine vs Northern Ireland or Portugal vs Iceland the natural thing is to give Ukraine and Portugal the win. What if you flip the script? And simply ask yourself who guaranteed you that win? And play the opposite. It would cost you less and the rewards are more satisfying. I just try to be as unconventional as possible.

I follow patterns too but a true gambler always puts money on the longshot at some point.

Make I know when you wan go online. Was told Championship, League One, Two, Conference is another gold mine.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2002) (2003) (2004) (2005) (2006) (2007) (2008) ... (19127) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: a4turitoroman and 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.