Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2074) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10466933 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (19129) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:

Does Lukaku look like no7 or no9 in your eye?

The Giroud you used as an example, have you ever seen him playing on the wing? What if Costa, or Drogba.

Maybe you even expect Rashidi Yekini to play on the wings abi?

Even still, tell us how many games Lukaku started on the wings.

You yarning nonsense mate, that is no insult. Lukaku is a typical no9.

First of all, I have never made ANY reference to Giroud.

Are you saying that Drogba or Costa don't drift out wide during games? Does that hinder their scoring abilities?

Ibime you can never justify Lukaku's 10 league matches 0 goal record in Chelsea. It's abysmal.

Sturridge is a no9 and he scored for Chelsea coming in from the flank.

I'll stop my nonsense yarns TO YOU here. Thank you.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:22am On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

You know this statement is patently dumb though...

Are you suggesting that those 2 are better than Lukaku because they scored for Chelsea?

You sure say your head dey correct so?
If lukaku is as good as the way you guys are painting him, at least he should have a goal or an assist in 10 appearances.
Don't forget that first impression matters. had it been lukaku scored at least one goal or made good movements as a striker, maybe was then denied by luck, i don't think anybody would have sold him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:24am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

First of all, I have never made ANY reference to Giroud.

Are you saying that Drogba or Costa don't drift out wide during games? Does that hinder their scoring abilities?

Ibime you can never justify Lukaku's 10 league matches 0 goal record in Chelsea. It's abysmal.

Sturridge is a no9 and he scored for Chelsea coming in from the flank.

I'll stop my nonsense yarns TO YOU here. Thank you.

Ta! My friend sharraaaaaaap dia!

I always say those of us with memory trump those who just rehash stats.

Lukaku has only 199 league minutes in his Chelsea career with only 1 start. That is 2 matches worth of minutes.

Almost every single minute was played on the right wing.

And this one is yarning nonsense about why couldn't he prove himself.

Isn't his last 4 years performance testament to the fact that Chelsea phucked up badly with Lukaku (and Sturridge) in their quest to play shekpe keeper by all means.

Even the club have admitted and gone back to their vomit by enquiring about Lukaku this summer, yet someone is telling me nonsense that Lukaku didn't prove himself in the 199 minutes he was given as a substitute on the right wing in 2012.

How can a so called Chelsea fan not know the politics of the shekpe keeper era.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:36am On Jul 27, 2016
I will even take one leg over lukaku... grin grin
what a lackadaisical player
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:41am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

Lol. ..

It was Ibime making excuse for him that he never played the no9 position for Chelsea that's why he didn't score. So I ask, must he play from the centre before he score? Can't he drift in from that flank he is being played and score?

Not playing as no9 is no reason why almighty Lukaku won't register a goal for Chelsea.

Exactly.

Not playing as no 9 is no reason why almight Lukaku wont register a couple of saves and or cleansheets for Chelsea.

I'm a bit annoyed now that Cortouis hasn't drifted into the opposition penalty box and scored for us either. Useless Thibault. angry

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 10:53am On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

Exactly.

Not playing as no 9 is no reason why almight Lukaku wont register a couple of saves and or cleansheets for Chelsea.

I'm a bit annoyed now that Cortouis hasn't drifted into the opposition penalty box and scored for us either. Useless Thibault. angry

You know, this your sarcasm is TOTALLY uncalled for and way way off the debate on ground.

All outfield players are expected to score once in a while, especially attacking players. Same cannot be said for goalkeepers.

A 'keeper can play for a club for 20 seasons with 0 goals and no one will even notice but is that the same with an attacking player?

I don't see how Courtois come into this discussion.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 11:35am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

You know, this your sarcasm is TOTALLY uncalled for and way way off the debate on ground.

All outfield players are expected to score once in a while, especially attacking players. Same cannot be said for goalkeepers.

A 'keeper can play for a club for 20 seasons with 0 goals and no one will even notice but is that the same with an attacking player?

I don't see how Courtois come into this discussion.

It's ridiculous to argue that playing a player out of position should not affect his performance.

Like Ibime pointed out, 130 minutes on the wing spread out across 10 appearances is hardly grounds to criticise Lukaku's lack of goals for Chelsea.

Wingers are mainly about transition play and assists, not goalscoring. If you argue that Lukaku should have scored from the wing because all outfield players can score once in a while, then why can't I expect Cortouis to score once in a while when the likes of Rodrigo Ceni have scored 100+ career goals as keepers, and Chilavert used to take freekicks.

Judge Lukaku as a striker and not a part time winger, and you will see that the boy is a very very good striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:39am On Jul 27, 2016
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:56am On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

It's ridiculous to argue that playing a player out of position should not affect his performance.

Like Ibime pointed out, 130 minutes on the wing spread out across 10 appearances is hardly grounds to criticise Lukaku's lack of goals for Chelsea.

Wingers are mainly about transition play and assists, not goalscoring. If you argue that Lukaku should have scored from the wing because all outfield players can score once in a while, then why can't I expect Cortouis to score once in a while when the likes of Rodrigo Ceni have scored 100+ career goals as keepers, and Chilavert used to take freekicks.

Judge Lukaku as a striker and not a part time winger, and you will see that the boy is a very very good striker.

Oh really! Wingers don't score. They only assist. No wonder Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Pedro, Salah, Joe Cole, Robben, Duff and all other winger we have/had cannot score! They only assist Costa, Drogba and other no9s.

I'm interested why you guys dodge the Sturridge comparison. Isn't Sturridge a striker? Wasn't he a part time winger too in Chelsea? Didn't he score? Is his case different from Lukaku's?

And stop sounding ridiculous in this your goalkeeper comparisons. How many goals did Ceni score from open play? Strikers can even make saves (a goalkeeper's primary job) from open play but can the reverse be said of a 'keeper?

Just stop that comparison. It's starting to sound childish.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

Oh really! Wingers don't score. They only assist. No wonder Hazard, Willian, Schurrle, Pedro, Salah, Joe Cole, Robben, Duff and all other winger we have/had cannot score! They only assist Costa, Drogba and other no9s.

I'm interested why you guys dodge the Sturridge comparison. Isn't Sturridge a striker? Wasn't he a part time winger too in Chelsea? Didn't he score? Is his case different from Lukaku's?

You're starting to sound ridiculous now. Just stop this nonsense cos you are starting to lose respect.

Sturridge is a fluid forward that can play on the wings.

Lukaku is purely a no9 like Lewandowski, Drogba etc.

This blockheaded repetition of asking why Lukaku can't play like Sturridge is stewpid.

Sturridge is not 6 ft 4 inches with the body of a weightlifter.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

And stop sounding ridiculous in this your goalkeeper comparisons. How many goals did Ceni score from open play? Strikers can even make saves (a goalkeeper's primary job) from open play but can the reverse be said of a 'keeper?

Just stop that comparison. It's starting to sound childish.

I can see that Ibime has given you the right answer.

Again, if you give Courtois the number 9 Jersey today and play him upfront, will you call him a rubbish keeper when he fails to score?

Afterall Petr Cech also used to play as a striker and scored...

When you look at it this way, you will realise how ridiculous your statement sounds.

You're saying Lukaku is a rubbish striker because he did not score from the wing.. when compared Sturridge who is a striker and scored from the wing.

timBROS - respect that last part of your name na?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey o!!!

Please can anyone provide us updates on Oscar and Mikel sale....?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:42pm On Jul 27, 2016
diggz:
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Wahala dey o!!!

Please can anyone provide us updates on Oscar and Mikel sale....?

Oscar aint going nowhere. I doubt that Mikel is too.

Mikel isnt even interested in first team football - he just wants a nice pillow for his spot on the bench. Conte sees an experienced pro happy to play backup rather than an untested youth so he's probably happy too.

The only person who isnt pleased with this arrangement knows himself cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

Oscar aint going nowhere. I doubt that Mikel is too.

Mikel isnt even interested in first team football - he just wants a nice pillow for his spot on the bench. Conte sees an experienced pro happy to play backup rather than an untested youth so he's probably happy too.

The only person who isnt pleased with this arrangement knows himself cheesy grin

Oscar is one very useless Brazilian though! Even juv don see the light too!

They should give them the maloudas treatment abeg....mk them find another club go pls angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:08pm On Jul 27, 2016
When Nihilist and Ibime agree on a Chelsea related subject then you know say water don pass garri
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:
See Chelsea fans wey get mouth to diss Lukaku. Dem done forget how Lukaku almost had Abramovic in tears after this match. . . . meanwhile Costa was fighting WWE, could not even run once behind Everton defence, losing the ball almost everytime he got it and looking like a snail upfront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk7wrcdcag
Chai see Cahill doing the spin-a-roonie. DJ Lukaku on the wheels of steel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 1:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

I can see that Ibime has given you the right answer.

Again, if you give Courtois the number 9 Jersey today and play him upfront, will you call him a rubbish keeper when he fails to score?

Afterall Petr Cech also used to play as a striker and scored...

When you look at it this way, you will realise how ridiculous your statement sounds.

You're saying Lukaku is a rubbish striker because he did not score from the wing.. when compared Sturridge who is a striker and scored from the wing.

timBROS - respect that last part of your name na?

Again don't compare keepers and outfield players.

Cech never made ANY professional appearance as a striker. He has always been a goalkeeper.

Outfield players can interchange wings before a game ends, goalkeepers can't do that.

There is no way Chelsea can give Courtois number 9 jersey to play as a striker, no matter the emergency. But we have seen Azpi play LB for years now even though he is a RB. Essien played virtually all the wings in Chelsea before he left. How many goalkeepers does that.

From open play, strikers can fall back and make touchline clearances to save a goal. How many keepers from open play join attack to score a goal?

I am right to compare Sturridge and Lukaku because both of them are strikers who played part time winger in Chelsea. Every player is unique so don't expect everyone to have the same body build.

When Malouda-Drogba-Anelka was scoring for fun in Chelsea, did Anelka stand in the 18 yard box with Drogba because he was a striker too? Wasn't he drifting in from the wing to score? Why must Lukaku's case be different? Drogba with his wrestler body build, don't he drift to wing sometimes receive ball and score?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:26pm On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

Again don't compare keepers and outfield players.

Cech never made ANY professional appearance as a striker. He has always been a goalkeeper.

Outfield players can interchange wings before a game ends, goalkeepers can't do that.

There is no way Chelsea can give Courtois number 9 jersey to play as a striker, no matter the emergency. But we have seen Azpi play LB for years now even though he is a RB. Essien played virtually all the wings in Chelsea before he left. How many goalkeepers does that.

From open play, strikers can fall back and make touchline clearances to save a goal. How many keepers from open play join attack to score a goal?

I am right to compare Sturridge and Lukaku because both of them are strikers who played part time winger in Chelsea. Every player is unique so don't expect everyone to have the same body build.

When Mal[b]ouda-Drogba-Anelka was scoring for fun in Chelsea, did Anelka stand in the 18 yard box with Drogba because he was a striker too? Wasn't he drifting in from the wing to score? Why must Lukaku's case be different? Drogba with his wrestler body build, don't he drift to wing sometimes receive ball and score?[/b]

This your line of argument is really sounding funny! There is a clear difference btw sticking a player to the flank and asking a player to interchange positions from time to time.

Please,why didn't the coach stick drogba to the flank while anelka played upfront?

I saw were ibime compared lukaku to drogba,lewandoski,yekini and not anelka,henry,Suarez Or DS. That alone should have settled this unnecessary argument Bros!

Lastly, I am shocked you are taking nihilist example of playing courtious as a striker serious! Bros, Nihilist just dey use indirect way to tell you say na dust u dey yan.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 2:35pm On Jul 27, 2016
Everton vs westham(last season),lukaku stupidity cost his team 3 points in that match, Wasted many chance, missed another penalty.He also missed another one against man utd in fa cup semifinal. Another one against neuer too.
He is not even a big game player like Drogba.
I like the way morata play his football,his movement,dribbling technique,close control,hold-up play,ability to play from the wings.
Morata is like torres in his prime,morata in his prime will be unstopable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 2:40pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dongorgon5:
Everton vs westham(last season),lukaku stupidity cost his team 3 points in that match, Wasted many chance, missed another penalty.He also missed another one against man utd in fa cup semifinal. Another one against neuer too.
I like the way morata play his football,his movement,dribbling technique,close control,hold-up play,ability to play from the wings.

Noted you are pro-morata. So I will be adding your vote to moratas.

Just so you know, Torres could score goals while morata can't! So I guess that is one reason nateevs said morata wasn't a player.

Anyways, we can only hope whoever the club gets to sign scores plenty of goals for us.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 2:59pm On Jul 27, 2016
Greatihex:
Remember, there was no Drogba to compete with lukaku in 2013/2014 season when mourinho gave him his chance. it was only a mediocre torres and an average ba. Yet lukaku could not start ahead of them. Mourinho put so much trust on lukaku and we saw how he repaid him by passing the ball to neuer.
But comparing Lukaku then and now is not fair to the lad. Also why can't we give him the benefit of doubt?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:20pm On Jul 27, 2016
Dongorgon5:

Except Torres in his prime actually knew where the net was.

Morata is actually a white Welbeck without a fancy haircut.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

Except Torres in his prime actually knew where the net was.

Morata is actually a white Welbeck without a fancy haircut.

Welbeck is even better in my opinion...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by RAKITIC: 3:25pm On Jul 27, 2016
Chelsea have made a €45m (£37m) bid for Napoli Kalidou Koulibaly [sky italia]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:32pm On Jul 27, 2016
Don Gorgon, this was was originally posted almost 2 years ago to the day.

Nihilist:
Daftness...Daftness everywhere...

Last season Lukaku scored against Liverpool, Arsenal and Mancity.
The only club in the Top 4 last season that didnt chop it was the one Lukaku was ineligible to face.
How is Torres better in this regard? Daft statement Number 1

Last Season he scored 25 goals and 7 assists in all comps including vs Leicester, City, Chelsea and Liverpool.

mehn, how is this even a discussion?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 4:00pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

Are you saying Martial playing everywhere in attack shats on Lukaku who only manages to feel like boss playing CF for mediocre teams?

*listens to Craig David*

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:01pm On Jul 27, 2016
SailorXY:

Are you saying Martial playing everywhere in attack shats on Lukaku who only manages to feel like boss playing CF for mediocre teams?

Martial is not better than Giroud.

We're talking real men here not u-21 kids.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 4:06pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:
Martial is not better than Giroud.

We're talking real men here not u-21 kids.
Giroud & Lukaku belong in the same grade. Real men who can't be play for real teams in their prime.

Raumdeuter description of Yay Yay Okoya comes to mind

*re-connects beatz into iPad*

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:11pm On Jul 27, 2016
SailorXY:

Giroud & Lukaku belong in the same grade. Real men who can't be play for real teams in their prime.

Raumdeuter description of Yay Yay Okoya comes to mind

*re-connects beatz into iPad*

True.

That's why they both certified first team members of their respective squads while AM9 is wondering whether to start a tribal Mark branding company.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 4:16pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

True.

That's why they both certified first team members of their respective squads while AM9 is wondering whether to start a tribal Mark branding company.
Hahaha so Martial is not a certified member of his squad?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:24pm On Jul 27, 2016
SailorXY:

Hahaha so Martial is not a certified member of his squad?

Is he?

He's definitely a benchwarmer for france. He was picking splinters out his bum while Lukaku was starting for his team and scoring 3 goals at the Euros

And they've taken his shirt number from him now sef.

AM9 is now AM11...the ultimate emasculation.

From Anthony to Amy grin

Anyway take this, mon amii...

*sips cornbeef juice*

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 4:38pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:
Is he?

He's definitely a benchwarmer for france. He was picking splinters out his bum while Lukaku was starting for his team and scoring 3 goals at the Euros

And they've taken his shirt number from him now sef.

AM9 is now AM11...the ultimate emasculation.

From Anthony to Amy grin

Anyway take this, mon amii...

*sips cornbeef juice*
If you are talking about national team nothing can be concluded from it.
Benzema won the UCL playing CF he wasn't even selected.
Hazard on the back of a piss & shiit season still form No. 10 for Belgium.

Perhaps you can show us the average ratings of Hazard vs Martial since they played same position.

Lukaku in all his glory is in the market no club with ambition send am. Like some asked you does it mean the scouts cannot count? That is to show he's mediocre @ best grin grin . Even Rashford will not last 2 weeks in the market.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) (2077) ... (19129) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.