Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,692 members, 7,816,828 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2078) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10505834 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 10:48am On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:

For Someone whose best moments in football has been from the theatre of dreams,you should know dreaming isn't bad
except you don't really know what you mean.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:51am On Jul 30, 2016
SailorXY:
except you don't really know what you mean.
I meant nothing...just playing

Kante is good in the air sha.....for his height
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:
Kante,Chalobah,Cesc,Matic and Oscar for only 2 starting position.......
Who would you pick?
Mine is Chalobah and Kante

Ibime do you think Oscar might just improve in this CM role
I will pick kante and matic.

chalobah should play more on cup games to improve his confidence... highly competitive games for elite mildfileders now...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:52am On Jul 30, 2016
Ibime:
Judging by preseason so far, I reckon Ola Aina and Chalobah have already pushed Rahman and Mikel from Contes thinking.

True. And RLC has already pushed Remy out.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:54am On Jul 30, 2016
Kolade354:
I don't understand Conte obession with 4-2-4.
Why can't we play 4-3-3,Matic sitting in front of the
defence(Dm) N'golo as box to box mildfieleder,cesc in the attcking mildfield role.
Hazard on the left wing, Willian/cuadrado on the right wing.
A fit costa leading the line.
Conte haven't come public to tell us he will play 4-2-4 we only learnt they train on 4-2-4. he is still experimenting,maybe at the last day he can still change mind just like he did in bari
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:55am On Jul 30, 2016
lordfalcao:
I will pick kante and matic.

chalobah should play more on cup games to improve his confidence... highly competitive games for elite mildfileders now...
if Matic can return to being Matic...Why not??

I will surely pick him over Chalobah
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:56am On Jul 30, 2016
FBS:
Lukaku to Chelsea for 75m?
I forbid this deal to happen. AMen
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 10:57am On Jul 30, 2016
Kolade354:
Kante and cesc are short palyers,and we need matic aerial presence in the mildfield to contest for long balls,westbrom team manage by tony pulis we give us problem if we meet.
I don't see kante as a defensive mildfielder,I see am him as an upgrade on ramires, a box to to box mildfielder.
We all know cesc can't tackle to save his life,so why not push him forward behind costa.
I think cesc-kante pivot will leave the team expose in mildfield.
the best pivot there is kante -matic
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:02am On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:
if Matic can return to being Matic...Why not??

I will surely pick him over Chalobah
seems you don't notice whenever Conte talks about the mildfileders he always mention these names matic, cesc, kante ,chalobah and call others e. t. c. This 4 are the mildfileders he has seen alot in.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:02am On Jul 30, 2016
lordfalcao:
I forbid this deal to happen. AMen

Lol....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SailorXY: 11:14am On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:

I meant nothing...just playing

Kante is good in the air sha.....for his height
ok na. We go review am when time reach.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 11:15am On Jul 30, 2016
diggz:

Lol....
if I am the TD I will never sanction that deal... if we want to spend big on strikers, let's start from prizing Griezmann away from ATM abeg not one leg striker called lukaku....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:17am On Jul 30, 2016
SIRcumalot:
@griffon
this is nothing new,
you could say the same for any big time manager

And if their is any merit to this article we've deep pockets so no worries.

I get it but then again, I only had to bring that up 'cos I like the way the writer questioned whether the man with the aura about him is actually Special.

Good points raised there, points a Chelsea fan like me wouldn't want to view from my blue-tinted glasses when we had Jose. Sentiment is a b!tch grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GBR1(m): 11:29am On Jul 30, 2016
Nihilist:

And Jose wanted to bring this dullard to the club sha..

Stones ko, Okuta ni

2 Top coaches infact the best coaches in the world have expressed their interest in this guy and that's something to think about.

I wouldn't be so swift to dismiss him because there's definitively something they've seen that we couldn't. Pep could sign him for city today and in a few years, he could become among the best CBs in the league and the best English CB.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 11:55am On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:

Why can't he play 4-2-4 , kante and Cesc with Hazard and Willian on the wings

Why must it be 4-3-3

I'll go with a three-man midfield anyday anytime. It is one formation that brings balance to your squad. Two-man midfield? Just pray you don't meet a shrewd gaffer who would overload the middle of the park with bodies and suffer you for eternity.

That extra man matters a lot in the central midfield zone. A two-man midfield can only thrive when the players' increasing level of skill and fitness are put to good use. Conte knows this hence he went for Kante - a beast of a player we all know.

I see us getting pummeled anyday Mikel starts in Conte's 4-2-4. It would only take the grace of Jehova jireh for us to escape a possible 7-2 thrashing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
Kante can jump.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 12:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
Griffon:

I'll go with a three-man midfield anyday anytime. It is one formation that brings balance to your squad. Two-man midfield? Just pray you don't meet a shrewd gaffer who would overload the middle of the park with bodies and suffer you for eternity.

That extra man matters a lot in the central midfield zone. A two-man midfield can only thrive when the players' increasing level of skill and fitness are put to good use. Conte knows this hence he went for Kante - a beast of a player we all know.

I see us getting pummeled anyday Mikel starts in Conte's 4-2-4. It would only take the grace of Jehova jireh for us to escape a possible 7-2 thrashing.
I hope you know that 4-2-4 becomes 4-4-2 when we are defending.... Might even become 4-4-1-1 with one forward dropping deep

Leicester play it,Atl Mad use it....We will be fine only if we avoid Mikel
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 12:10pm On Jul 30, 2016
GBR1:

2 Top coaches infact the best coaches in the world have expressed their interest in this guy and that's something to think about.

I wouldn't be so swift to dismiss him because there's definitively something they've seen that we couldn't. Pep could sign him for city today and in a few years, he could become among the best CBs in the league and the best English CB.

I think it's mostly because there arent too many young English defenders in the EPL today.

Stones wasnt even in the first team for Everton and didn't play at the Euros. Youth + English premium is responsible for the inflated transfer fee
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:34pm On Jul 30, 2016
bigkesh:

I hope you know that 4-2-4 becomes 4-4-2 when we are defending.... Might even become 4-4-1-1 with one forward dropping deep

Leicester play it,Atl Mad use it....We will be fine only if we avoid Mikel

Yeah it becomes a 4-4-2 when we're defending but that tend to suffer also in the hands of a manager who has an extra man in the midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 1:05pm On Jul 30, 2016
GBR1:

Pep did sign Chrygynskiy though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by knightsTempler: 1:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
#Kantelele ! Legend says 60% of the earth is covered in water, the rest is covered by N'Golo Kante.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 2:03pm On Jul 30, 2016
Why are we not talking about the Maga money Juventus is about to make from Pogba and the one paid to Napoli for a Higuain with no resale value?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 2:28pm On Jul 30, 2016
agrovick:
Why are we not talking about the Maga money Juventus is about to make from Pogba and the one paid to Napoli for a Higuain with no resale value?
juventus is a smart ass club jaree
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GBR1(m): 3:32pm On Jul 30, 2016
Nihilist:

I think it's mostly because there arent too many young English defenders in the EPL today.

Stones wasnt even in the first team for Everton and didn't play at the Euros. Youth + English premium is responsible for the inflated transfer fee
I agree but it's a little more than that. There aren't a lot of ball playing or technically sound English defenders like Stones in the market. Pep and Jose most likely believe they can teach Stones to defend or get the best out of him in a good system. It's a fair point especially when you consider that it's far more difficult or practically impossible to teach ball playing skills to a player who is very limited technically but can defend.

The quality of defending or defenders in England or the PL is currently very low. We paid a record fee of about £30m then to sign Ferdinard who technically sound and was a far better defender than this current Stones. I struggle to imagine how much he would cost in this current market but times have changed. As far as i know, City have offered £40m plus add ons but Everton are holding out for £50m(which would've been a reord fee but the pound has fallen) and i won't be surprised to see City giving in eventually because of the situation they're in; they've a quota problem and considering the silly sums they spent in the past like £42m on Mangala who has been poor for them. It's not really my business though.
A40:

Pep did sign Chrygynskiy though.
I know. Pep isn't exactly great in the transfer market even at Barcelona considering his failure with that Ukrainian and other bigger profile signings like Ibrahimovic.
But i remember he got a young Pique back from us, and the rest is history. He likes and is better generally with younger players i think and there's a good chance Stones can thrive under his guidance so people shouldn't be so swift to dismiss the signing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
agrovick:

I hinted in this the Lukaku debate earlier this week. Not surprisingly, these deals are not getting the negative press they rightly deserve. Darling United is involved, it must make sense. You can imagine if Chelsea was involved in one of those deals.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 3:40pm On Jul 30, 2016
Griffon:

Yeah it becomes a 4-4-2 when we're defending but that tend to suffer also in the hands of a manager who has an extra man in the midfield.

I want to think Conte already has a plan for this. Have you seen the any PS season games? What I have noticed is that the 4-2-4 system heavily relies on an extremely mobile 2nd striker, who is able to join the midfield and form a defensive 3 in midfield.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 3:44pm On Jul 30, 2016
nateevs:

I hinted in this the Lukaku debate earlier this week. Not surprisingly, these deals are not getting the negative press they rightly deserve. Darling United is involved, it must make sense. You can imagine if Chelsea was involved in one of those deals.
Crazy money is being thrown around, Jurgen Klopp mentioned something about resigning from the game if this is the kind of situation we will be having in football. 100 million pounds for one player, shey it's not too late to pursue a career in football?
The bold reminds me of the time when Chelsea were accused of buying titles, hypocrisy reigns supreme.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 3:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
lordfalcao:
juventus is a smart ass club jaree
They also paid Maga money for Higuain, a player who is a year or so from the big 30
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ItGeek(m): 3:54pm On Jul 30, 2016
It's easy to accuse others of buying the league. Same man utd have spent heavily this past two seasons with nothing to show.

with the exploits of Leicester last season, is it safe to say that money is not the single most important factor in football?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 5:09pm On Jul 30, 2016
agrovick:

They also paid Maga money for Higuain, a player who is a year or so from the big 30
higuain will give them goals, tittles and if they are very lucky UCL football.. that is what am not sure Pogba will give man u. if higuain replicates his last season form. he will score 40+ at juventus which worths the money. Pogba can't do that
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by GBR1(m): 5:29pm On Jul 30, 2016
nateevs:

The media might be nicer when reporting United when compared to other clubs like Chelsea and whose fault is it? Chelsea's definitely. Liverpool is actually the media's darling and not United.
agrovick:

Crazy money is being thrown around, Jurgen Klopp mentioned something about resigning from the game if this is the kind of situation we will be having in football. 100 million pounds for one player, shey it's not too late to pursue a career in football?
The bold reminds me of the time when Chelsea were accused of buying titles, hypocrisy reigns supreme.
Chelsea pretty much bought the titles and there's nothing shameful about that. You guys did what was necessary and i have no problem with that.
ItGeek:
It's easy to accuse others of buying the league. Same man utd have spent heavily this past two seasons with nothing to show.
with the exploits of Leicester last season, is it safe to say that money is not the single most important factor in football?
We at United can spend as we like. It's our money and we earned every bit of it unlike Chelsea bankrolled by a sugar daddy or City sponsored by Arab money through shady deals. It's why the media is less harsh on United.

Money is the single most important factor. Leceister's achievement the previous season doesn't change that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 5:48pm On Jul 30, 2016
Higuain to replicate his form but Pogba won't...The man who saw tomorrow, Lordfalcao

(1) (2) (3) ... (2075) (2076) (2077) (2078) (2079) (2080) (2081) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m), zeusis(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.