Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10543986 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:08pm On Aug 22, 2016
There are 2 basic truths in that Chelsea midfield.
1) Kante is best utilized as a runner, covering every blade of grass and checkmating the opposition higher up the field

2) Fabregas has to play to give the creativity necessary to avoid low scoring wars of attrition.

SO THE QUESTION IS WHO IS BEST PLACED TO PLAY THE MARKER ROLE? sitting just in front of the defense and shielding the back 4?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:12pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

1) Kante is best utilized as a runner, covering every blade of grass and checkmating the opposition higher up the field

2) Fabregas has to play to give the creativity necessary to avoid low scoring wars of attrition.

SO THE QUESTION IS WHO IS BEST PLACED TO PLAY THE MARKER ROLE? sitting just in front of the defense and shielding the back 4?

If we judge based on Leicester and the Euros, Kante is the one who sits back, wining the ball and laying it off to Drinkwater.

Leicester used to/and still do sit very deep and only press in their half, so I'm quite surprised you think Kante was pressing high up the pitch.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

If we judge based on Leicester and the Euros, Kante is the one who sits back, wining the ball and laying it off to Drinkwater.

Leicester used to/and still do sit very deep and only press in their half, so I'm quite surprised you think Kante was pressing high up the pitch.

I am not really talking about what he did for Leicester but what my eyes tell me are his best assets. Energy, Pace, stamina for days, aggression, decent technique, great on the ball runs e.t.c He will be underutilized just marking and shielding the defense. His runs with the ball from deep would prove useful to his team especially in order to make quick transitions and launching counter attacks, you cant have your main midfielder marker doing that IMO.

Fabregas is so creative that the onus is on Conte to find a way of fielding him. Playing these other guys will only guarantee Chelsea a top 6 finish but to go to the next level you need someone to enable your strikers thrive.....and that is Fab.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Thank you. Anybody can twist this theory to their benefit.

Some would say Kante should sit and Oscar should harry.

You have just told us that Matic should sit and Kante should harry.

All I know is that visionless attacking midfielders should stop making excuses and looking for others to blame.

I have seen Kante play DM and I have seen him press high up and all over the pitch.

Those telling us Oscar is the only runner in that team should check out N'Golo Kante's average heatmap below grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Nihilist:

Or in Frances

Kante-Pogba Matuidi who was the runner here? Obviously not Kante
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
70% OF THE WORLD IS COVERED BY WATER, THE OTHER 30% BY NGOLO KANTE. grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:

Thank you. Anybody can twist this theory to their benefit.

Some would say Kante should sit and Oscar should harry.

You have just told us that Matic should sit and Kante should harry.

All I know is that visionless attacking midfielders should stop making excuses and looking for others to blame.

I have seen Kante play DM and I have seen him press high up and all over the pitch.

Those telling us Oscar is the only runner in that team should check out N'Golo Kante's average heatmap below grin grin grin

I would expect you to find a real Kante heatmap to prove your point not this joke you posted

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

Or in Frances

It is about options and the French coach was a confused man anyway as we saw in the final where he used Pogba in a holding role.
Out of that 3 obviously Kante will hold cos KANTE CAN DO ALL THIS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS HIM grin .

I have not said Kante can not hold but based on the options available to Chelsea i think he is better utilized in a running, to n fro role while somebody sits behind to protect the defence. This will then give the full backs freedom to play in more advanced positions.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:34pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

I am not really talking about what he did for Leicester but what my eyes tell me are his best assets. Energy, Pace, stamina for days, aggression, decent technique, great on the ball runs e.t.c He will be underutilized just marking and shielding the defense. His runs with the ball from deep would prove useful to his team especially in order to make quick transitions and launching counter attacks, you cant have your main midfielder marker doing that IMO.

Fabregas is so creative that the onus is on Conte to find a way of fielding him. Playing these other guys will only guarantee Chelsea a top 6 finish but to go to the next level you need someone to enable your strikers thrive.....and that is Fab.

Doc, Kante made very few runs for Leicester. That was a team that did not or do not believe in overload. I'm on my phone now so I can't post pics, but Leicesters game plan was sit deep, win the ball, ping long diagonal ball to Vardy.

As such, there are not many examples of Kante doing those things you think he can do.

Consequently, I think sacrificing his exceptional defensive talent and forcing him into a more offensive role would be a mistake...unless we have no choice.

That guy is simply tooooooo good as a DM. Let's leave him there abeg. Especially considering the alternative cheesy

raumdeuter:

Or in Frances

Hey behave yourself Egbon. The doc is our esteemed guest, don't try to codedly rope him into our roforofo antics here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
Of course Ibime would side such. Don't worry we stay dropping facts and facts alone.

Ibime you WILL comply one day... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

It is about options and the French coach was a confused man anyway as we saw in the final where he used Pogba in a holding role.
Out of that 3 obviously Kante will hold cos KANTE CAN DO ALL THIS THROUGH CHRIST THAT STRENGTHENS HIM grin .

I have not said Kante can not hold but based on the options available to Chelsea i think he is better utilized in a running, to n fro role while somebody sits behind to protect the defence. This will then give the full backs freedom to play in more advanced positions.

2 coaches whom Kante have worked with Ranieiri and Deschamps played Kante as their main marker

Conte has adopted the same yet we believe Kante is best in a position 3 coaches have never played him?

"The Teams:

Antonio Conte’s first Chelsea team was full of power, he played a 4-1-4-1 formation with Nemanja Matic and Oscar ahead of new signing Ngolo Kante. There was no place for Cesc Fabregas in the team. The front three for Chelsea was the expected front three with Eden Hazard and Willian flanking Diego Costa. Chelsea’s back five was the same despite the fact they played poorly towards the end of last year."
http://readwestham.com/2016/08/16/chelsea-2-1-west-ham-tactical-analysis/

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
Notice i have not explicitly supported Matic. In my opinion Matic and Oscar are both not good enough for the roles expected of them.
However i am of the opinion that playing Kante in the ultra-defensive role is using him at 60% capacity.
Nobody should be shocked here if Mikes gets back to the starting line up on his return from Rio grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Notice i have not explicitly supported Matic. In my opinion Matic and Oscar are both not good enough for the roles expected of them.
However i am of the opinion that playing Kante in the ultra-defensive role is using him at 60% capacity.
Nobody should be shocked here if Mikes gets back to the starting line up on his return from Rio grin

Its in that ultra defensive roles that all his coaches have played him 3 coaches in total. Ranieiri Deschamps and Conte. You think Kante would do well in a role he has never played before?

The 4-3-3 (arguably 4-1-4-1) formation requires one player to handle the deep-lying role, dropping back into defence when required (for which new signing N’Golo Kante is well suited), with defensively aware central midfielders playing slightly ahead and wingers on either side pushed on. That midfield triangle was a feature of Italy and Juve under Conte.
http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2016/08/pmb--chelsea-v-west-ham---history-and-tactical-brief.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:49pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

2 coaches whom Kante have worked with Ranieiri and Deschamps played Kante as their main marker

Conte has adopted the same yet we believe Kante is best in a position 3 coaches have never played him?

"The Teams:

Antonio Conte’s first Chelsea team was full of power, he played a 4-1-4-1 formation with Nemanja Matic and Oscar ahead of new signing Ngolo Kante. There was no place for Cesc Fabregas in the team. The front three for Chelsea was the expected front three with Eden Hazard and Willian flanking Diego Costa. Chelsea’s back five was the same despite the fact they played poorly towards the end of last year."
http://readwestham.com/2016/08/16/chelsea-2-1-west-ham-tactical-analysis/

Conte is playing Matic in a more advanced role than Kante, and you think that makes sense? Coaches too make mistakes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Conte is playing Matic in a more advanced role than Kante, and you think that makes sense? Coaches too make mistakes.

Conte is playing Kante in his best role which 2 other coaches have done. i.e the man in front of the back 4. Matic is the one who had to vacate his supposed best position

The debate here is Kante's best role, And his 3 coaches have played him in the same position just in front of the 2 central defender which is also Matics best position but because Matic sucks at his job evidenced by how Jose and Hiddink preferred Mikel and Conte had to sub Kante into his role

IMO the ideal midfield is Marker - Kante (Like all his coaches have done), Passer (Fabregas), Now left for runner between Matic and Oscar. If Chelsea is playing vs a Bayern of Barca than Matic makes sense to bunker, but not when playing Watford which is why tChelseas creativity have suffered with the black hole Serbian Olofinjana playing as the passer

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

We bind and cast such demons in Jesus name!!!

Anyway, all I can see here is sentiments in support of their position.

Kante can do all things. He is box to box.

All these arguments are in Conte's hand not Raumdeuter or Nihilist or Ibime. Make we dey look.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its in that ultra defensive roles that all his coaches have played him 3 coaches in total. Ranieiri Deschamps and Conte. You think Kante would do well in a role he has never played before?

Kantes first appearance for Leicester was on the left wing as substitute. His follow up substitute appearances were as an AM. He also played one full game behind the striker. He can play box to box easily, infact that's what he was advertised as when Leicester signed him.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
Kante's ball carrying ability is obvious to anyone watching and he applied it many times last season also.
He is best used in that position in my opinion and i believe as the season continues we will see more of that.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
afrodoc2:

Kante's ball carrying ability is obvious to anyone watching and he applied it many times last season also.
He is best used in that position in my opinion and i believe as the season continues we will see more of that.

No mind Nihilist and Raumdeuter.

I was the first nigga here to start hailing NGolo Kante when Nihilist and Raumdeuter were still waiting for him to blow and for Didier Deschamps to advertise his position at the Euros before they know what position he plays.

The first time I saw him for Leicester, he played left wing. He impressed me so much from that left wing, I had to go study his youtube tapes. After that he was playing AM. It was later that Ranieri deployed him as a box to box, then dropping him deeper from February when Leicester started to protect their points lead.

See my posts from when I started watching him play left wing and AM. He was even still a substitute then. They are only seeing one limited picture but you have already seen the full picture.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:25pm On Aug 22, 2016
Ibime:
Contes first appearance for Leicester was on the left wing as substitute. His follow up substitute appearances were as an AM. He also played one full game behind the striker. He can play box to box easily, infact that's what he was advertised as when Leicester signed him.

It doesnt matter where he played when they first signed him it was where he played the bulk of the time. Drogba also started as a defender and Schweinsteiger as a winger even Makelele can play at AM

afrodoc2:

You mean none of his 3 coaches have seen this ability and continue to play Kante as a DM and hardly as a box to box. Ranieri Deschamps Conte all played him as DM most of the time
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

You mean none of his 3 coaches have seen this ability and continue to play Kante as a DM and hardly as a box to box. Ranieri Deschamps Conte all played him as DM most of the time

Ranieri played him as box to box, don't get it twisted. He only dropped deeper toward season end because Leicester had a lead to protect, but he was still bursting forward in a box to box fashion.

He also played box to box at Caen.

Euros was the first time I saw him in a pure DM role. I was even more impressed at his versatility and interpretation of the position.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2016
Raumdeuter, here's NGolo Kante telling us which position he plays at Leicester and Caen before that. Don't think you have full information from watching NBC Sports highlights. Euros is the first time we saw Kante as a pure DM.

1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
The crux of the matter don leave Oscar/Matic to Lord Kante! I can't deal mehn...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 8:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
The crux of the matter don leave Oscar/Matic to Lord Kante! I can't deal mehn...

Oscar and Matic should just locate the belt on the seat and use it well.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2016
Lampard's goal in the 3-3 draw against Columbus Crew last Saturday is his 300th career goal.

#Legend

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:21pm On Aug 23, 2016
Maksimovic's chase floods everywhere. He looks strong though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by temitope06(m): 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2016
This had me rolling on the damn floor.. Lmaooo

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:40pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bat just got a hat-trick.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 8:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
nateevs:
Bat just got a hat-trick.
batsman score 2,moses score d oda one.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Elnino4ladies: 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Cant we just keep clean sheet for once?....smh
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Dongorgon5:
batsman score 2,moses score d oda one.

Sorry. I saw a report we went 4-1 up and Bat scored his third.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2122) (2123) (2124) (2125) (2126) (2127) (2128) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Itsrm(m), Demolz and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.