Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,089 members, 7,814,782 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10480228 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) ... (19136) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by DammyOlu123(m): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2016
lordfalcao:
why hating pep.. He outclassed Southampton. They(Southampton) were lucky to escape with a draw.

Lol. I'm sorry. Heat of the moment. But Pep was overhyped. And the League was underestimated. These are the type of games we're talking about. Where you play well, but still chop it. This is the Premier League. BTW, I only watched the last 20 minutes, but it seemed Southampton were pulling their weight. Wasted some good chances.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
"In football, the most important thing is three points. We have a lot of confidence now and hope to continue this way.
"We lost two big games against Liverpool and Arsenal. This means a lot to our fans. "It gives us a lot of confidence. We deserved to win, we dominated the game. It’s a great afternoon for us and the fans. ---

Hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
We were close to the 1-1 then they scored 2.

We were close to 2-1 then they scored 3.

We were close to the 3-1 then they scored 4

- Jose z Mourinho

I no fit laugh abeg. grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Keky(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Remember a week ago when some mourinho bumlickers laughed at pep for losing 4-0 to Barca?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 6:19pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ibime:
Courtouis doing well
Remember I told you we have a team that is capable to win this season epl.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
Clinical in front of goal, that is all I ask for.
Perfect start to a new week
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
We’ve stopped letting goals in, so naturally it gives us confidence. Three points is the most important thing today.
: "It means a lot. The performance today was fantastic, we dominated from the first minute."

Cahill
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 6:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
hensben:
Remember I told you we have a team that is capable to win this season epl.

Despite this victory, don't be carried away!! If any of these players go on injury, we will have major setbacks. These results should be credited to conte!! He has totally got the best out of what he has.!! There is no adequate backup should Kante or Marcos Alonso go on injury. So we are actually walking on a thight rope here.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by agrovick(m): 6:35pm On Oct 23, 2016
donjazet:

Despite this victory, don't be carried away!! If any of these players go on injury, we will have major setbacks . These results should be credited to conte!! He has totally got the best out of what he has.!! There is no adequate backup should Kante or Marcos Alonso go on injury. So we are actually walking on a thight rope here.

The bold is my greatest fear with the 3-4-3, I can't seem to imagine what will happen should Moses and Alonso get injured. We probably should have held on to either of Kenedy or Baba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Scharck(m): 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Ibime:
Matic showing that form is temporary and class is permanent.

Matic has already made 6 assists in 9 EPL games this season.

That is the same as Mikel whole Chelsea career

I like how he tries more penetrative passes now. Unfortunate for Cesc.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Emaprince:
Truth!

As soon as we scored, I said to myself that manure's tactics will be buried immediately. Such type of goals dents confidence and spoils game plans.
It's like coming in for your WAEC, and then you see the first 10 questions, none of which you prepared for. Yawa. This knocks the confidence outta you. grin

Performance wise though, we played ball tonight.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
DammyOlu123:

Lol. I'm sorry. Heat of the moment. But Pep was overhyped. And the League was underestimated. These are the type of games we're talking about. Where you play well, but still chop it. This is the Premier League. BTW, I only watched the last 20 minutes, but it seemed Southampton were pulling their weight. Wasted some good chances.
tell him oo. Lol.
Sotton played very well and confidently too. A deserved draw.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Are u carragher in disguise
Lol.

Wasn't it obvious? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:52pm On Oct 23, 2016
Emaprince:
Truth!

As soon as we scored, I said to myself that manure's tactics will be buried immediately. Such type of goals dents confidence and spoils game plans.

It's not just a problem of confidence, it's a problem of an attacking plan or lack of one. When we were talking about the Manure v Liverpool game, all the booty lickers were screaming genius. But I always see beyond that.

His tactics heavily rely on that early goal not happening, if it does and the opposition is a near even match in quality, then he has no plan to attack them.

Conte went into the game to attack JM. JM went into the game again, to defend. It's a philosophy thing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
Nihilist:
We were close to the 1-1 then they scored 2.

We were close to 2-1 then they scored 3.

We were close to the 3-1 then they scored 4

- Jose z Mourinho

I no fit laugh abeg. grin grin grin
U sef see am. Abeg how did u guys survive this last few years?? Any tips would be appreciated!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 6:54pm On Oct 23, 2016
Meanwhile, Alhaji Nihilist, is it time to revisit our debate? grin grin

You seeing any improvements now? And I mean tactical improvement.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2016
Una no even fit beat us 1-0. Make we dey go jejely. Its not fair o!!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Conte out!!! Any one? Nihilist?

cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Lana1(m): 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2016
agrovick:

The bold is my greatest fear with the 3-4-3, I can't seem to imagine what will happen should Moses and Alonso get injured. We probably should have held on to either of Kenedy or Baba

Yes. But let's enjoy it while it lasts.. cheesy
I never thought we would win man-United with such a scoreline!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:11pm On Oct 23, 2016
Emaprince:
Conte out!!! Any one? Nihilist?

cheesy cheesy
Later! Make we party finish for Man-u thread!!
Nihilist has a lot to answer. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
nateevs:

It's not just a problem of confidence, it's a problem of an attacking plan or lack of one. When we were talking about the Manure v Liverpool game, all the booty lickers were screaming genius. But I always see beyond that.

His tactics heavily rely on that early goal not happening, if it does and the opposition is a near even match in quality, then he has no plan to attack them.

Conte went into the game to attack JM. JM went into the game again, to defend. It's a philosophy thing.

Preach
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
Post match report coming up, meanwhile savour the victory with these pics.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:41pm On Oct 23, 2016
A little banter wink

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 7:47pm On Oct 23, 2016
Hidden ikedia , all dribble, dribble with no end result.

[img]http:///media/10-23-2016/s6pwLD.gif[/img]
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:56pm On Oct 23, 2016
airmark:

He played so well today. Although I believe Kante deserved the man of the match. He really worked tirelessly and his transitions from defense to attack was superb.
In general, all the Chelsea players were sooo good.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:00pm On Oct 23, 2016
Match report: Chelsea 4 Manchester United 0
The Blues recorded a third straight victory, and another clean sheet, with a devastating performance against Jose Mourinho's Manchester United to move up to fourth in the Premier League table on goal difference.
Pedro opened the scoring inside the first minute and stand-in skipper Gary Cahill extended our advantage midway through the first half. Eden Hazard made it 3-0 after the break before N'Golo Kante completed the scoring with his first goal for the club, latching on to a Pedro flick and finishing marvellously.

It was a totally dominant Chelsea display and on the rare occasions Thibaut Courtois was called into action he responded every time, making crucial first-half saves from Ander Herrera and Marcus Rashford and then denying Jesse Lingard and Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the break.
Conte opted against making any changes to the side which beat Leicester last weekend, with Cesar Azpilicueta, David Luiz and Cahill continuing at the heart of the defence. Pedro made his 50th appearance for the Blues while Diego Costa, who scored his seventh goal of the season last weekend, led the line. Former Chelsea midfielder Juan Mata started on the bench for the visitors.

Before kick-off, a special banner in memory of Matthew Harding was unfurled in the lower tier of the stand named after our former vice-chairman on the 20th anniversary of his passing.
The importance of starting big matches in a positive manner cannot be understated but few could have predicted how quickly the Blues would have flown out of the blocks, with the hosts taking the lead inside the opening 30 seconds.

As the ball was worked out to the left-hand side from kick-off, Marcos Alonso played a speculative ball forward into the United half and, sensing some hesitancy between Eric Bailly and Chris Smalling, Pedro raced in behind and got there first. David De Gea advanced off his line but Pedro took it beyond his compatriot with one touch and rolled the ball into the empty net, sending the home supporters delirious.

It was the fastest Premier League goal of the season so far and the Spaniard’s of the campaign. What a time to get it.
United were quickly on the front foot as they looked to hit back. David Luiz did brilliantly to cut out a teasing Rashford delivery and from another cross by the same player Ibrahimovic headed over the bar.

Hazard then flashed a strike just past the post from a Pedro cross as the game, in its early stages, produced far more in terms of goalscoring opportunities than many had anticipated.
It was developing into an entertaining contest and with 20 minutes on the clock it was 2-0 to the Blues. Victor Moses, Kante and Hazard linked up well to force a corner and when the Belgian’s delivery was flicked on at the near post, the ball bounced up off Herrera and landed at the feet of Cahill who made no mistake from close range.

Both Pedro and Hazard then saw dangerous crosses pushed away by De Gea while at the other end Courtois produced two brilliant saves in quick succession to deny Herrera and Rashford.

Diego Costa almost added a third for the Blues on the stroke of the break from an intelligent David Luiz free-kick but his shot was charged down by Bailly.
The visitors made one change at the break as Mata replaced the largely ineffective Marouane Fellaini, meaning Paul Pogba dropped into a deeper position alongside Herrera.
Bailly was fortunate to escape punishment when he cynically brought down Hazard as the Chelsea winger attempted to exchange passes with Diego Costa on the edge of the United box.

Hazard then went close as the Blues broke at pace but after being played in by an incisive Moses pass his effort was well blocked by the covering Chris Smalling.
Unsurprisingly United were beginning to see a lot of the ball and Courtois produced a fine save to thwart Lingard who went for goal from long range.

It was starting to look as though the next goal would be hugely significant and it went our way just after the hour mark.

Kante fed Matic deep inside the United half and the Serbian picked out the run of Hazard, who had drifted into the box, with a wonderful first-time pass and the winger did the rest, cutting inside Smalling and curling a brilliant strike into the far corner.

Nine minutes later, a wonderful afternoon took an even better turn when Kante scored his first Chelsea goal to make it 4-0, and it was a strike of the highest quality as the midfielder latched on to a sublime Pedro flick, dropped his shoulder to ease past Smalling and finished with all the composure of a clinical striker.
The fans celebrated wildly, Conte leapt into the arms of his coaching staff and every player ran to jump on Kante.

Nathaniel Chalobah was introduced for Pedro immediately after the goal and he was soon followed by Willian and Michy Batshuayi, who replaced Hazard and Diego Costa respectively.

Courtois made another brilliant stop to push away an Ibrahimovic drive as the visitors desperately looked for a route back into the game but, in truth, the second-half goals by Hazard and Kante had all but killed the game off.

How fitting, on the 20th anniversary of Harding's passing, the Blues produced our best performance of the season.
Substance, style and a clinical edge. He would have been proud.

Chelsea (3-4-3): Courtois; Azpilicueta, David Luiz, Cahill (c); Moses, Kante, Matic, Alonso; Pedro (Chalobah 71), Diego Costa (Batshuayi 77), Hazard (Willian 77).
Unused subs: Begovic, Aina, Terry , Oscar.
Scorers Pedro 1, Cahill 20, Hazard 61, Kante 70
Booked Pedro 1, David Luiz 40, Alonso 65

Manchester United (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Valencia, Smalling (c), Bailly, Blind; Herrera, Fellaini (Mata h/t); Rashford, Pogba, Lingard (Martial 65); Ibrahimovic.
Unused subs: Romero, Rojo, Darmian, Carrick, Young.
Booked Bailly 29, Pogba 74

Referee Martin Atkinson
Crowd 41,424

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Last 3 matches....

New formation. P 3, W 3, D 0, L 0, GF 9, GA 0.

Nihilist I'm curious. Is it still luck on our side or coach's tactical impact?

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2016
Conference Call: Committed, classy and confident
Plenty of goals scored, another clean sheet and more success with our 3-4-3 formation – no wonder Antonio Conte was so pleased after today’s emphatic win over Manchester United.

The boss revelled in different aspects of his side’s play in the 4-0 victory and explained why beating a direct opponent at the top of the table was so important.

‘I’m very delighted with the performance,’ Conte beamed. ‘Today we played very well with good intensity and with good possession. We moved the ball very quickly and created many chances to score goals.
‘Above all we didn’t concede a goal which is very important. The players deserve this performance and this win.’

Pedro’s goal was the fastest of the Premier League season so far
‘I asked my players to start very strong and show quickly our desire to win this game, not only our fans but above all our opponent. It happened because we scored after 30 seconds.
‘The most important thing was that we continued to play, and to try to score the second goal. It happened and I’m very happy.

‘Now we must continue. Manchester United is the past for me. We must be concentrated on Wednesday. It’s important to recover the energy and to prepare for another difficult game.’
Conte assessed the significance of the victory against a side challenging at the top
‘It was very important for our ambition. After defeats against two great teams, Liverpool and Arsenal, it was very important to have a good answer and win against a very strong team like Man United.

‘We are working very hard, I see my players every day with the right commitment and work-rate. We took three points and we won against a strong team. This type of win usually increases your confidence. You trust your work more.’
Conte knows there is still plenty more work to do before the season’s end
‘The most important victories in my career are when I won a title or a cup. You can win a battle, I prefer to win the war.
‘It’s very difficult to talk about our position at the end of the season. We must continue to improve and then we’ll see, but I’m pleased because I am seeing the work during the game.’

Jose Mourinho lamented his team’s defending...

‘I am not disappointed with the performance but with the mistakes,’ our former manager said.
‘Defensive mistakes are very important. When my teams have perfection in their defensive performances, you say it’s not important, but the reality is it is important. We made an incredible – with capitals – defensive mistake in the first minute, and then the game is different.
‘I told the players at half-time we had to chase a result in a situation where Chelsea were very comfortable. We gave them the game they wanted.’
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2016
airmark:

Lol, he doesn't play well against Big teams, he is always hidden, he only shines against the likes of Burnley, Hull etc etc. cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2016
bigkesh:

KDB is the only one I regret.... And maybe,just maybe Lukaku (I don't like him but numbers don't lie)

The rest can Bleep off
lukaku should off too. Kdb was still not mentally matured then.

Time can change a lot of things. I think it is the case with moses

(1) (2) (3) ... (2257) (2258) (2259) (2260) (2261) (2262) (2263) ... (19136) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m), Griffon(m), airmark(m) and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.