Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,075 members, 7,825,394 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2277) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10568417 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (19210) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:15pm On Nov 01, 2016
Emaprince:
'In a long time' you call it?

Can you boldly compare this barka with ageing Messi,busquet and literally no midfield to the barka of inform xavi, busquet, iniesta and Messi? Abeg park one side!

This barka does not rely solely on possession football and they can be beaten by any team this time around.

This is not the barka popularly known as the best team ever seen.

Alaves did it, why won't city with all their stars?

Was it not this same Barca team who won the Treble 2 yrs ago?

Is it not the same Barca who flogs Arsenal effortlessly everytime

Is it not the same Barca who have always flogged Man City without breaking a sweat. Before today Barca have met City 5 times and City have never been able to draw even once

Today I am seeing a team have more shot than Barcelona with MSN fully on the field

Show me 5 CL games in the past 5yrs where the opponent have more shots than Barca or the opponent didnt deploy some back to the wall bus park to get results

Todays game could have ended 7 -2 and No one would call it harsh

Take it Pep is a coaching genius and no one is close to him in Europe

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
raumdeuter:

Is it not the same Barca who have always flogged Man City without breaking a sweat

day I am seeing a team have more shot than Barcelona with MSN fully on the field

Show me 5 CL games in the past 5yrs where the opponent have more shots than Barca or the opponent didnt deploy some back to the wall bus park to get results
Are you not the same person that asked me not to consider mourinho's success with Chelsea last two season ago when you were busy berating him? Why are you going as faar back as 5yrs now?

Ok the same barca that won treble last 2season is far better than this team that has a lot of ninnies in it. Take away Messi, maybe suarez and the ageing iniesta and you have an ordinary team. This barka is toothless. Teams doesn't fear them again unlike several seasons ago.

If this city played the barka of 2012 which mou wrestled the spanish title from, it woulda been home and away annihilation.. pep or no pep.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 11:23pm On Nov 01, 2016
Have you guys thanked the Bundesliga and its products for the brilliance on display tonight? Pay homage or pay the doctor

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chidexxy007(m): 11:24pm On Nov 01, 2016
raumdeuter:

Is it not the same Barca who have always flogged Man City without breaking a sweat. Before today Barca have met City 5 times and City have never been able to draw even once
Today I am seeing a team have more shot than Barcelona with MSN fully on the field
kk
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 11:28pm On Nov 01, 2016
Emaprince:
Are you not the same person that asked me not to consider mourinho's success with Chelsea last two season ago when you were busy berating him? Why are you going as faar back as 5yrs now?

Ok the same barca that won treble last 2season is far better than this team that has a lot of ninnies in it. Take away Messi, maybe suarez and the ageing iniesta and you have an ordinary team. This barka is toothless. Teams doesn't fear them again unlike several seasons ago.

If this city played the barka of 2012 which mou wrestled the spanish title from, it woulda been home and away annihilation.. pep or no pep.

Apple and oranges. 5yrs to show Barca has been the most dominant team of the past decade.

Barca is a very dominant team, even when they lose its usually the opponent parking the bus, Only very few times do the opponent outshoot barca.

City did it today and they didnt even have to counter attack or park the bus, They came out and played Barca

MSN Busquets, Rakitic, Ter STergen were all core of the treble winning team 2yrs ago and the team who won La Liga last yr and the team who always flog city hopelessly every season

Yet today City outplayed them like few clubs have been able to do
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:15am On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:
I dont think I've seen Barcelona outplayed like tonight in a long time

Ibime come and tell us how Pep gets disgraced by his former clubs

This is just like when Arsenal would beat Bayern 2-1 in return leg after Bayern has already flogged them 4-0 in first leg and you will tell us "Bayern have already done the job and are in cruise control, it doesn't count."

Barca have already finished the job at Nou Camp. What you are seeing here is mere sideshow for City to ginger themselves with.

15 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

This is just like when Arsenal would beat Bayern 2-1 in return leg after Bayern has already flogged them 4-0 in first leg and you will tell us "Bayern have already done the job and are in cruise control, it doesn't count."

Barca have already finished the job at Nou Camp. What you are seeing here is mere sideshow for City to ginger themselves with.

Actually Barca gave it their all and wanted to win but they were outplayed outshot by Pep Guardiola and City

Bayern beating Barca 3-2 in 2015 qualifies as a dead ruber game which pep won but todays Barca wanted it, they played to win it and lost it

First time City would get as much as a draw vs Barcelona in 6 attempts without parking the bus cowardly and actually outshooting Barca

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:40am On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Actually Barca gave it their all and wanted to win but they were outplayed outshot by Pep Guardiola and City

Bayern beating Barca 3-2 in 2015 qualifies as a dead ruber game which pep won but todays Barca wanted it, they played to win it and lost it

First time City would get as much as a draw vs Barcelona in 6 attempts without parking the bus cowardly and actually outshooting Barca

Ehn, we shall see awfa in knockout round. This one na friendly.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 12:54am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good one there.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:08am On Nov 02, 2016
airmark:

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Good one there.

See as Raumdeuter is shouting because for the first time in his life, Guardiola managed to beat a team better than his team. . . in a dead rubber group game as well.

I wonder if Guardiola is being praised for beating a superior team for the first time in his life, what we would say about Simeone who does it constantly, or Klopp who used to hammer Madrid with Dortmund, or Mourinho who has been beating superior teams right from Porto through Chelsea through InterMilan.

Finally Guardiola has managed it after several disgraces with Bayern against superior opponents, we can't rest again.

13 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 1:16am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

See as Raumdeuter is shouting because for the first time in his life, Guardiola managed to beat a team better than his team. . . in a dead rubber group game as well.

I wonder if Guardiola is being praised for beating a superior team for the first time in his life, what we would say about Simeone who does it constantly, or Klopp who used to hammer Madrid with Dortmund, or Mourinho who has been beating superior teams right from Porto through Chelsea through InterMilan.

Finally Guardiola has managed it after several disgraces with Bayern against superior opponents, we can't rest again.

Dayo's views are always moment driven. Dont be surprised by tomorrow, he starts claiming man city had it easy because of iniesta and pique's absence, in order to win another arguement. He is such an irresponsible poster.

18 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:31am On Nov 02, 2016
airmark:

Dayo's views are always moment driven. Dont be surprised by tomorrow, he starts claiming man city had it easy because of iniesta's and pique's absence, in order to win another arguement. He is such an irresponsible poster.

Don't be surprised if for example in February, you ask him why EPL has 4 teams in knockout round while Bundesliga only has 2. . . .you would start hearing rubbish like "EPL only got more teams because Leicester were placed in an easy group, and because Barca took it easy against City and had Iniesta and Pique out" grin grin

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:51am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

Don't be surprised if for example in February, you ask him why EPL has 4 teams in knockout round while Bundesliga only has 2. . . .you would start hearing rubbish like "EPL only got more teams because Leicester were placed in an easy group, and because Barca took it easy against City and had Iniesta and Pique out" grin grin

You already know the truth,Leicester got an easy group. Brugge and Copenhagen vs a Group that has Celtic, Barca and City

or while Arsenal is playing a team whose specialty is Ludo

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:55am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

See as Ramdeuter is shouting because for the first time in his life, Guardiola managed to beat a team better than his team. . . in a dead rubber group game as well.

Guardiola beat them by creating more chances, having more shots and not parking the bus cowardly

You and many others have opined that taking the game to Barca and playing open is suicide and foolish, Pep just showed you that a coward dies multiple times before his days

He took the game to MSN and won, When will Mourinho have to balls to play a team on his level and NOT park the bus

Mourinho played Liverpool and parked the Bus and he was hailed for it, He played vs Moyes Man Utd and parked it, He played Pep and parked it

WHile Pep played open vs the best team of the past decade, the most fearsome attacking trio in football and he came out unscathed

I am sure you wish your man Mourinho had the guts to play football bravely

10 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 5:53am On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

This is not the knock out stage where u win by goal difference, or away goal. This is the group stages every point counts, if City had lost yesterday they'll be in a difficult situation with just 4 points in 4 games.
Meanwhile if Barca had won they can afford to lose the next two fixtures and still top that group. As it stands, Barca hasn't finished any job.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:14am On Nov 02, 2016
Chelseafan1:

We have begged you to stop posting these articles, it's boring and too lengthy, if you can't stop, reduce it to once per week or twice, u just dey do strong head like weyrey....

Ogbeni, park go one side make we see better comments jare.
Ogbeni, calm down! cheesy all these lazy readers sef smiley
Anyways, I don hear, no wahala cool
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:29am On Nov 02, 2016
All in all, it must be said that baldiola wink was very brave yesterday. Mancity despite their many brain fart moments still outplayed Barça from about the 35th moment down to the end. I was shocked seeing Barça on the backfoot for most of the game, they took the game to Barça, forced errors from them, closed down the spaces quickly and utilized their chances. Credit should be given to fraudiola wink his work with Mancity is already showing, all they need is consistency and they will be world beaters.

But it must still be said that sometimes, there is still some form of bravery that may be stupidity, it may have worked yesterday against Barça, but that doesn't mean it will still work for them next time.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:32am On Nov 02, 2016
First leg

Barca 4 - 0 City
Pep is a brilliant coach for sticking to his philosophy and coming out to play Barca.

City 3 - 1 Barca
Pep is a tactical genius for beating Barca.

I wonder when we will start calling Mauricio Pellegrino and Eduardo Berizzo genius for beating this same Barca team.
Barca are very beatable and Pep deserved his victory last night but to be shouting upandown calling it tactical genius na something else. Do not compare the Barca treble winning team 2 years ago to this Barca side that has Digne and Andre Gomez playing for them.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by donjazet(m): 7:42am On Nov 02, 2016
larride:
First leg

Barca 4 - 0 City
Pep is a brilliant coach for sticking to his philosophy and coming out to play Barca.

City 3 - 1 Barca
Pep is a tactical genius for beating Barca.

I wonder when we will start calling Mauricio Pellegrino and Eduardo Berizzo genius for beating this same Barca team.
Barca are very beatable and Pep deserved his victory last night but to be shouting upandown calling it tactical genius na something else. Do not compare the Barca treble winning team 2 years ago to this Barca side that has Digne and Andre Gomez playing for them.

Yes, but it's been a very long time I have seen a team go toe to toe with Barça and actually outplay them, create more chances than them and force many errors from them. Yes yesterday might have been city's lucky day or Barças bad day, but credit should be given when due and when the time comes for criticism, na we dey here! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by larride(m): 7:50am On Nov 02, 2016
donjazet:

Yes, but it's been a very long time I have seen a team go toe to toe with Barça and actually outplay them, create more chances than them and force many errors from them. Yes yesterday might have been city's lucky day or Barças bad day, but credit should be given when due and when the time comes for criticism, na we dey here! grin

Go through that post again, I said Pep deserved his victory yesterday but the way Dayo was creaming his pant about that match is something else. Alaves and Celts went toe to toe with Barca and defeated them, like I said, Pep victory yesterday didn't make him a genius, lesser coach has already beaten this Barca side even with Pique and Iniesta.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:04am On Nov 02, 2016
Some folks on the sports section will never change, they've all of a sudden forgotten how Mou's Madrid went toe to toe with Barca and won, creating more scoring chances and an even possession...For them, if you don't play the Barca way, you're parking the bus...

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:12am On Nov 02, 2016
kokaneprodigy:

This is not the knock out stage where u win by goal difference, or away goal. This is the group stages every point counts, if City had lost yesterday they'll be in a difficult situation with just 4 points in 4 games.
Meanwhile if Barca had won they can afford to lose the next two fixtures and still top that group. As it stands, Barca hasn't finished any job.

Coming into yesterdays game, Barca had 9 points and 2nd place in their group had 4 points. That is not a do or die affair for them, it's a relaxed group game.

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:16am On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Guardiola beat them by creating more chances, having more shots and not parking the bus cowardly

You and many others have opined that taking the game to Barca and playing open is suicide and foolish, Pep just showed you that a coward dies multiple times before his days

He took the game to MSN and won, When will Mourinho have to balls to play a team on his level and NOT park the bus

Mourinho played Liverpool and parked the Bus and he was hailed for it, He played vs Moyes Man Utd and parked it, He played Pep and parked it

WHile Pep played open vs the best team of the past decade, the most fearsome attacking trio in football and he came out unscathed

I am sure you wish your man Mourinho had the guts to play football bravely

It's a dead rubber group game. In knockout round, he's already finished 4-0 from the 1st leg trying such stewpidity just like Bayern always get hammered 5-0 in 1st leg under him, then win 2nd leg 3-2.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 11:53am On Nov 02, 2016
Nihilist:
Truthfully Mourinho blinded us with his force of personality...

You mean we had this KDB and Jose chased him away?
i don't regret the departure of kdb. Any player that can't stay to fight for the Chelsea shirt does not deserve to play for Chelsea, especially when the Player has not done anything for the club previously. We can all look at the case of Moses and Willian.

Afterall, mou was the one who gave him his debut at Chelsea, why didn't he utilise it.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Diademk07: 12:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

Coming into yesterdays game, Barca had 9 points and 2nd place in their group had 4 points. That is not a do or die affair for them, it's a relaxed group game.

Not true. The top spot is still wide open, hence, I don't see why Barca would come to the game with a lackadaisical attitude. Both teams are still fighting for the top spot.

As it is, if Barca lose 1 of their remaining 2 games while City win theirs, City will top the group.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Diademk07: 12:25pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

It's a dead rubber group game. In knockout round, he's already finished 4-0 from the 1st leg trying such stewpidity just like Bayern always get hammered 5-0 in 1st leg under him, then win 2nd leg 3-2.

Bullshit!

Which kain dead rubber be that?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

Sure I wanted Barca to smash them but Pep proved once again why he is the best coach

Beat Barca without parking the bus who would have thought its possible
So you never believed in him and his abilities in the first place.
Chelsea did beat Barca without parking the bus. No biggie here. Gudjohnsen, Lampard and Duff all saying hi. Oh.. and JT.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 12:28pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

Very well said. grin...A very dead rubber game. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by landinfo: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
Woooow.....now I see why pple hate Pep (his style of footie coupled with the success it brings is a constant reminder on why pple have cum to jettison Joses')

N.b. That was why Conte was angry @ the Skepke fans for being quiet when Jose came visiting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2016
raumdeuter:

you are the same person that said that Barcelona trashing of man city in the first leg has nothing to do with pep's tactics but his players foolish errors. Why is that you have failed to see that man city winning was down to silly errors from Barcelona players and not pep's tactics?
Your sentiments has always been your problem. You attach sentiments a lot to your analysis of view of the game that makes you sound childish atimes.

Nonetheless, I will credit pep for some things in that game. Firstly, he realised that it is his tactics that cost him the first game and he corrected it by bringing in aguero.
He was about making the same mistake he made last time in the first half by trying to give Barcelona full pressing (evident from the first goal), but he corrected that in the second half.

Arsenal was outplaying Barcelona for 70 minutes at the Emirates last season until they made the same mistake city made in the first half yesterday.
How can you be playing a corner kick against Barca with all your players in Barcelona's half when you know they have very fast and clinical attackers.

I will say, credit to pep for learning some lessons. Hope he keeps it in mind in case of next time.

In all, Barcelona individual errors and Pep's adjustment and subs in the second half won city the game.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ibime:

Its not knockout and Barcelona never qualify yet so it cant be dead rubber its only in knockout games that you can have dead rubber games or in groups when you have qualified and are assured of your position

Yesterdays was a competitive game, Barca gave it their all and Pep bested them playing positive soccer and not parking the bus

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:26pm On Nov 02, 2016
FBS:

So you never believed in him and his abilities in the first place.
Chelsea did beat Barca without parking the bus. No biggie here. Gudjohnsen, Lampard and Duff all saying hi. Oh.. and JT.

No you did not. You won them but didnt outplay Barcelona

You had a brilliant first 20mins of counter attacking and Barcelona took over from there, destroying Chelsea, Outshooting, have more chances until JT scored the header

We still remember wella Mourinho will set up vs a top side the sme way, parking the bus and hoping to counter

(1) (2) (3) ... (2274) (2275) (2276) (2277) (2278) (2279) (2280) ... (19210) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: madrid5, Obere4u, piroskey94(m), NerdSciBot, Leyqute(m), larride(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.