Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,929 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2849) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10506678 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (19148) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
chic2pimp:

No one disputing that Sucess can only be achieved through Hardwork or in the case of certain countries mago mago. "Collecting state handouts/benefits is a measure of success" said no one ever so I really don't see your point here. These dudes on handouts are barely surviving on a daily basis so they need all the help afforded to them.

No they dont need handout, they need to take responsibility for their lives and work their way out of poverty. The easiest thing to do, is sit down and wait for someone to pay your bills. Since all these handouts have been given, we have been getting more and more people hooked onto it. The poverty keeps increasing because people now see an alternative to hardwork, they know they can eat they can get public housing even if they dont work because govt will take from the guy who gets up at 6am to feed by 12noon waking up ass

I know you can always point to a Gates or a Zuckberg or even our very own Osewa but everyone one of them, there are a trillion Dyabmans littered all over the streets of lagos and LA hustling who also took risks. They only difference being theirs did not pay off.

And is taking from Osewa to give dyabmans the way out of it? Osewa was just a broke ass boy 20yrs ago too. You need to take risks, do your education , do your research and make sensible risks. Not a guy who say nihilist 45m bet9ja check and decided to risk selling his fathers house to invest in MMM or nairabet. All those millionaires do you know how many times they failed before hitting the breakthrough?

You know how may times osewa tried it before making it? So why should he not fully enjoy his money he made? Or why should govt take from him to give me that didnt take as much risk as he did

Guess what the reason they are all fleeing, "Better quality of life" has it's costs too. If they don't like it, they can either stay put or emigrate to other countries

Where did this better quality of life come from? Is it govt? Govt doesnt create wealth, Individuals and small business that grow up into large corporations do

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Roland17:

Your video analogy is a perfect description of what is wrong in America. The American tax system is a hybrid of the utilitarian perspective and altruism. A situation where one is punished for daring to be ambitious and successful because your success which is achieved through nights of pain and challenges is utilized at caring for the lower class in the social strata, even against your wishes.

The system that punishes the rich through uneven taxes is not only unfair, it promotes the sense of entitlement in the lower and some middle class have. I live and work my ass off in the United States, by God's grace my definition of ideal success is within grasp, however, sometimes i feel deflated because my energy and ambition is used to cater for many who have decided never to work because they are practically living off my hard-work.

Tom and dick could have earned as much as Harry, however, Tom worked a mere 20 hours a week as the only source of income for his family, while his brother worked 40, and a wife who worked 10 hours. It is imperative to note that each had equal opportunity to become successful, the beam was balanced, however, 2 brother made personal choices that limited their earning power. The distasteful part of the analogy which is prominent in the United States, is the fact that their choices were not limited because of health complications, they chose not to work more because they wanted to enjoy their lives!!!!

Millions in America are stuck in the lower class because there is no justification in working, not necessarily because there are no opportunities to work and earn more in the US. If i was Harry, i would sell my property after 2 years and watch the private street become "Ajegunle". Tom and Dick wanted safety, however, with improved life comes more responsibility. The current tax system is the reason why the gap between the rich and poor would continue to increase, this system also promotes racism of some sorts because the average Caucasian American believes poor African Americans are rooted in poverty because they are lazy.

While Dick's idea is not fair, i think it is the more ethical choice between two extremes. Each person should pay 12% of their total income, i.e: Tom: $3,000, Dick: $9,000 and Harry: $18,000.

DID ANYONE NOTICE HARRY WAS NOT AFFORDED THE OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE A SUGGESTION?

Well said Roland. Well fucking said. Its the same thing I will argue. You took the words out of my mouth

I believe Harry will say the 12k renovation should be split into 3 equal parts since they both enjoy equally.

Like you suggested If I was Harry, I will sell the house and move away and let Tom and Dick deal with the environment or let it rot away. Guess what? that is the exact reason why many AA communities are degenerating. The few ones who try to work have their taxes shared over everyone. So you end up paying property taxes but cant see the effect on infrastructure around you. E.g pay 3k a yr in taxes but since only 10 houses out of 50 can afford to pay then you get crappy services. So they end up selling the house and taking their 3k a yr taxes to a neighbourhood where 45 out of 50 people work and have better amenities

I once heard that if you earn less than 40K, Its actually more beneficial to stop working and just get on govt benefit. How will the country be if more and more people get off the workforce and get these govt benefits

A enjoys his life, takes things easy and earn little. B stresses himself doesnt enjoy his life and earns more but we have to take from B to feed A. How is that fair?

Maybe Toms gets to fucckk is wife more regularly and make more babies than Harry then Harry have to pay for their childcare also

Else Tom will pick a gun and come rob him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by vantage001: 7:04pm On Apr 27, 2017
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 7:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
dyabman:

Mavrodi lipsrsealed.

Chelseafan1 .. Dem don finish us for here with tax talk. Well they are millionaires cool cheesy

Abeg o, leave doz pple, we no reach dem at all....thousandnaires like us no get mouth for where multi millionaires dey talk....abwg,make we just dey our level dey hope on God.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Roland17(m): 7:15pm On Apr 27, 2017
The American public aid system which is funded by mine's and millions of other hard working Americans was not created as permanent solution for the lower class. The public aid system was designed to be a TEMPORARY relief for the poor as they make conscious efforts to move away from public aid. however, the case is different because people are abusing the system, after all, others would continue to pay.

People intentionally refuse birth controls which are freaking free so they can produce numerous babies, not work, while remaining in the public aid system and can get thousands during tax time.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 7:33pm On Apr 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

All what govt gives away in Welfare should be directed to public infrastructure.

Not robbing Peter to pay Paul

The funny thing about people like you is that you don't realise you are being subsidised by the rich because you don't know the numbers.

You actually need those billionaires to pay that top rate to keep you, Dayo in the black.

Let's assume you pay $20k tax per year.

Cost of education per child in USA is $11,700.

With your 3 baby mamas, that is a burden of $25k from you Dayo to the taxpayer.

Average cost of Police per capita in USA is $500. For you and your 3 kids (not counting baby mamas), that is $2k

Military spend per capita in USA is $1.9k. For you and 3 kids, that is $8k

Cost of other emergency services is $2k per capita. For you and 3 kids, that is $8k

Cost of infrastructure is $2k per capita ie $8k between you and your kids

etc etc etc.

To summarise, the USA spends $11.4k per head of population. For you and your 3 kids, that is $45k and you are paying $20k tax and opening your mouth that you are subsidising poor people when infact multimillionaires are subsidising you.

There is a reason why 5% of people pay 80% of the tax, and that is to subsidise people like you.

Both the poor and the middle class alike are being subsidised by the rich. It's funny to hear middle-class people think they are subsidising the poor when they are not even covering their own liability.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:41pm On Apr 27, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Abeg o, leave doz pple, we no reach dem at all....thousandnaires like us no get mouth for where multi millionaires dey talk....abwg,make we just dey our level dey hope on God.
your own better self say you be thousandnaire.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 7:58pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ibime:
The funny thing about people like you is that you don't realise you are being subsidised by the rich because you don't know the numbers.

You actually need those billionaires to pay that top rate to keep you, Dayo in the black.

For taxes in 2016 I paid over 20K in federal Social security and medicare
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2017
Greatihex:
your own better self say you be thousandnaire.

Looool, wetin u be, hundrednaire.??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

I dont have any child of school age. And daycare I pay just a little below $350 a week. At that rate for 52 weeks I pay about $17k per child. Thats enough to get my child into a private school.

For taxes in 2016 I paid over 20K in federal Social security and medicare

But as a Naija man, you will have maybe 3 kids and become a burden to society.

In the UK, we don't get free school till 4, or 5 if you are born in September like my daughter. From 4 till 18, Govt will pay £9k per year toward her schooling.

As for me and my household, we will always be in the black with Government cos na double income household. Na una wey like to fire different baby mamas go dey burden taxpayer. Trump need to deport you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:07pm On Apr 27, 2017
Aguero getting dispossessed for the 20000th time in the first 7 minutes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:10pm On Apr 27, 2017
Ibime:

But as a Naija man, you will have maybe 3 kids and become a burden to society.

In the UK, we don't get free school till 4, or 5 if you are born in September like my daughter. From 4 till 18, Govt will pay £9k per year toward her schooling.

As for me and my household, we will always be in the black with Government cos na double income household. Na una wey like to fire different baby mamas go dey burden taxpayer. Trump need to deport you.

If I will have more kids then I will have to make more money to care for more kids and also marry someone who will make enough money also
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:11pm On Apr 27, 2017
Aguero misses from 5 yards
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:34pm On Apr 27, 2017
bigkesh:
Aguero misses from 5 yards

Update how many chance has Aguero got now
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 8:49pm On Apr 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

Update how many chance has Aguero got now

Missed like 4 half chances and 1 very good chance and 1 sitter

He has lost possession of the ball at least 15 times, I stopped counting at 10
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:57pm On Apr 27, 2017
Make una carry una govt matter go politics room abeg..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
bigkesh:
Missed like 4 half chances and 1 very good chance and 1 sitter
He has lost possession of the ball at least 15 times, I stopped counting at 10

Aguero might end up scoring 1 after all those misses and everyone will start quoting me upandan

1 chance to pass and 1 weak shot in the begining of the 2nd half
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
When you miss this much chances the opponent will get theirs and score

Aguero blasts another one
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:17pm On Apr 27, 2017
Guardiola thinks Aguero is Messi, ashiri weyrey ti tu ni EPL... cheesy cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 9:22pm On Apr 27, 2017
Props to Erickson, Fabregas and Hazard that pass with precision.... All these ones just dey pass like weyrey.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:27pm On Apr 27, 2017
angry
raumdeuter:

Aguero might end up scoring 1 after all those misses and everyone will start quoting me upandan

1 chance to pass and 1 weak shot in the begining of the 2nd half
give us names of strikers that don't miss chance on 30 goals
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:28pm On Apr 27, 2017
The mathematics makes sense, however one cannot argue against the sense of entitlement raised by Dayo and Roland. Before the law changed, a fella was explaining to me why it didn't make sense to work. Dude has no skills because he says he cannot be bothered to learn anything new. For this reason, he believes he cannot ever earn above £18,000 a year after tax. The 2-bed Council flat he stayed in had a rental value of £900 on the market; his Oyster Card cost just over £200, living expenses pushing upwards of £300 leaving him with disposable income of just under £100. In his words "so much for busting a gut for 22 days a month".

According to him, for him to make more in disposable income, he will need to downgrade his life-style and move into a room (rental value £450). But why should he, when he can stay unemployed, get a 2-bed flat from the council, rent one of the rooms out for £550 and claim unemployment benefits on top? This way, he gets disposable income upwards of £600 a month.

Many like to deny this happens everywhere in the UK.

Me on the other hand is busting a gut; working 20 hours a day, trying to become a millionaire. Only to get there and some funny dude feels he is entitled to 40% of my earnings because I bothered to do something?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:32pm On Apr 27, 2017
nateevs:
The mathematics makes sense, however one cannot argue against the sense of entitlement raised by Dayo and Roland. Before the law changed, a fella was explaining to me why it didn't make sense to work. Dude has no skills because he says he cannot be bothered to learn anything new. For this reason, he believes he cannot ever earn above £18,000 a year after tax. The 2-bed Council flat he stayed in had a rental value of £900 on the market; his Oyster Card cost just over £200, living expenses pushing upwards of £300 leaving him with disposable income of just under £100. In his words "so much for busting a gut for 22 days a month".

According to him, for him to make more in savings (and disposable income), he will need to downgrade his life-style and move into a room (rental value £450). But why should he, when he can stay unemployed, get a 2-bed flat from the council, rent one of the rooms out for £550 and claim unemployment benefits on top? This way, he gets disposable income of upwards of £600 a month.

Me on the other hand is busting a gut; working 20 hours a day, trying to become a millionaire. Only to get there and some funny dude feels he is entitled to 40% of my earnings because I bothered to do something?

Ibime says you better give him or he comes to rob you
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:47pm On Apr 27, 2017
nateevs:

According to him, for him to make more in disposable income, he will need to downgrade his life-style and move into a room (rental value £450). But why should he, when he can stay unemployed, get a 2-bed flat from the council, rent one of the rooms out for £550 and claim unemployment benefits on top? This way, he gets disposable income of upwards of £600 a month.

This is what gets to the man on the street, but when you study the budget, you will realise that this has very small effect on the taxpayer. It's value to your tax base is only like 1%.

The biggest problem in Public spending is always retirees, and growing worse each year with the ageing population. Health comes next.

The kind of scenario you described hits the taxpayer for a few billion per year, a drop in the Ocean of public finances and maybe represents a 1% drop in tax for you, but the right-wing radio talkshow hosts will try and spin Dayo to believe it justifies a 10% tax drop for the richest people.

Your example is one of lack of incentive, more applicable to areas with expensive property prices or to babymothers where the cost of childcare erases any benefit from working. As long as the UK unemployment rate stays around 5% mark, any job that man turns down will be taken by another with little net effect on the tax base or social security expenditure. His case is only a problem to the taxpayer if there is a surplus of jobs and people like him are refusing to take them.

From the figures below, you can see that even if a Government achieves a near-impossible 20% drop in Social Security spend, it will yield minimal tax savings for you.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Jesus denied
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:48pm On Apr 27, 2017
Always playing for a point!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
bigkesh are you still counting
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by gabe15(m): 9:53pm On Apr 27, 2017
emmiesky:
Have you contacted him?
no
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 9:54pm On Apr 27, 2017
My Sister's husband is a City Supporter. He's been complaining about Ageuro all night. grin grin He keeps saying Aguero needs a million chances to score one goal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:01pm On Apr 27, 2017
nateevs:
My Sister's husband is a City Supporter. He's been complaining about Ageuro all night. grin grin He keeps saying Aguero needs a million chances to score one goal.

Is your sisters husband rumdeuter cos na only him dey scapegoat Aguero
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:03pm On Apr 27, 2017
SIRcumalot:
an average day for Aguero and we lose this game.

chrisley024:
We've Aguero to thank today.

All these ramdeuter converts
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 10:08pm On Apr 27, 2017
raumdeuter:

All these ramdeuter converts
that no be wetin my post imply.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2846) (2847) (2848) (2849) (2850) (2851) (2852) ... (19148) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Unlimited22, LUGER(m), kingBolton, Vischy, Leyqute(m) and 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.