Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,283 members, 7,839,390 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2980) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10637747 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2977) (2978) (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) ... (19288) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:03am On May 28, 2017
jonsnow92:
Do you have a link that shows the FIFA rule about this said Argument?.. Let's see what the rule clearly says..From my perspective Fifa summarizes the rule by saying interfering with play means kicking the ball or touching the ball or with an opponent..Let's see what the real rule says..As for Lampard the guy wan dey claim objectiveness..He doesn't know this pundits always show a soft side to issues regarding their teams..They show it albeit professionally
the rule leaves the opinion to the referee. The rule says "if in the opinion of the referee".
You can look for the law of the game pdf in the fifa website.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:05am On May 28, 2017
The goal should not have stood. This is from FIFA's rule book on the offside rule. Clearly Ramsey was interfering with an opponent.

The problem is that this rule is very open to individual interpretation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 10:07am On May 28, 2017
afrodoc2:
The goal should not have stood. This is from FIFA's rule book on the offside rule. Clearly Ramsey was interfering with an opponent.

Jonsnow92. Na the real koko be this, straight from FIFA, not goal.com

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 10:08am On May 28, 2017
Nothing like a bit of controversy too. Chelsea were guilty of faffing on the edge of their own penalty area following the first corner of the game, with two players in blue tackling each other in the rush to counter. When the ball was finally cleared, it looped off Sanchez and over Chelsea’s backline. The Chilean ran onto his own touch and slotted past Courtois.

As soon as the assistant’s flag was raised, Arsenal’s players rushed to contest the decision. They felt sure that Ramsey, the flagged player, was not part of the move and therefore that the goal should stand. After a conversation between Anthony Taylor and his assistant, the goal stood.

That was the correct call. There is enough vagueness in the term ‘interfering with play’ to make no decision black and white, and therefore previous examples take precedent. In similar scenarios, the goal is usually awarded.

The officials should also be congratulated for doing everything by the book. The assistant was right to flag once he saw Ramsey standing in an offside position, Taylor was right to play on and then correct again to consult and award.

* Yet that was not the only controversial aspect of the goal. Replays showed that the ball struck Sanchez’s hand to rebound into his own path and score. Chelsea had a case this time.

The laws for handball mention that the position of the hands is crucial in determining whether an offence has been committed. Sanchez’s hands were high above his head when they made contact with the ball. I’m calling no goal, sorry.

Daniel Storey....www.football365.com

Enough with the tears...you guys have also benefited from such errors even this season! As for Moses that red should have even been more red than man uniteds jersey colour!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 10:13am On May 28, 2017
afrodoc2:

The goal was a supreme goal! What should not have stood was the handball by sanchez in the build up! Once that call was not made by the ref or the lines man in that split second when it occurred then the sequence of events that led to the opening goal had entered into a whole new dimension!

Allow these losers cry in peace...if united had suffered this same fate on Wednesday you would have known that FIFA's laws don't matter to them!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:16am On May 28, 2017
Godstraight:
because una win FA cup una go still let person here word?
. FA cup no b just oooooo.
The oldest cup in football

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibeme: 10:16am On May 28, 2017
diggz:
Ibime your boi kelechi dey head to Westham .

Abeg make Conte start to prepare for next season o! We need fresh and exciting talents.

West Ham have done a good deal there, and City were very wise to insist on buyback clause.

Meanwhile, Costa want mess up our transfer budget money by insisting he will not go to China, and is even prepared to sit out his 2 years on his contract if we don't allow him go to Atleti.

Conte meanwhile is passing messages to the board to analyse the team objectively and give him the signings he asked for. We need to be quick about our business like Man City cos that 3-4-3 first mover advantage we enjoyed this season won't be there next year.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:18am On May 28, 2017
jonsnow92:
My brother I know the instance you are talking about..Let's see what the real rule says..Then we can analyze.
this offside has been causing controversy for years with the issue of what the referee judges as interfering with an opponent.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 10:22am On May 28, 2017
Funlord2:

The goal was a supreme goal! What should not have stood was the handball by sanchez in the build up! Once that call was not made by the ref or the lines man in that split second when it occurred then the sequence of events that led to the opening goal had entered into a whole new dimension!

Allow these losers cry in peace...if united had suffered this same fate on Wednesday you would have known that FIFA's lost don't matter to them!

You are very wicked cheesy
We should try to convert them on this thread. I am trying to teach them the virtues of objectivity here.
The truth is once Ramsey moved towards the ball he was interfering with an opponent ( at least Courtouis and maybe Luiz but definitely not the statuesque Matic).

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:28am On May 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

ronaldo didn't start as a striker, ronaldo is not a striker but plays as one

not many converted wingers will score 20plus goals and have 10 plus assists

trust me if we decide to look at the number of goals and assists by both players from the same position or Sanchez's numbers from a withdrawn position hazard will fall flat on his face

hazard isn't even the best in Chelsea currently, if you say top 6 players in the world currently, there are lots of players better and have better numbers, I can even argue that Herrera is amongst the top 6 players in the world currently but that wouldn't make any sense

maybe top 6 Players who performed well this season and this can be argued too cause i can name about 8players in this category
All you pseudo-football analysts and Hazard's haters on Nairaland, well done.

So if Hazard is not currently the best player in Chelsea according to your submission, then who is? Costa? Pedro? Or Fabregas?

All these ineffectual Nl football analysts who just started watching football matches perhaps in the Messi-Ronaldo era, where number of goals, number of trophies won (and probably number of assists) are the chief factors used to rate players.

To rate a player, folks like you turn a blind eye to the player's impact on the team, his ability to dribble opponents and create chances.

Assuming for a moment we accept your criteria for rating a player are just number of goals and number of assists as your comments on Hazard here claim, that means FIFA made a grave mistake by awarding the prestigious Balon D'or to Fabio Canavaro (a defender), Zinedine Zidane or even Kaka.

These players didn't win the award with just numbers of goals as the criterion; what really made them stand out was their stellar work impact on their teams and work rate.

It is only during this Messi-Ronaldo era that number of goals scored has become a major criterion for selecting world's best players.

So your argument that Sanchez is currently better than Hazard based on number of goals and assists is a flawed one.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:32am On May 28, 2017
afrodoc2:

The ball was at the centre of three players, Ramsey, Sanchez and the goalie, non of them had touched the ball, Ramsey wasn't obstructing the goalie's view, and d keeper can't go to Ramsey when he ain't even in a position to kick the ball.
Go watch the replay again, the keeper was running towards the ball and not Ramsey. hw on earth did Ramsey distract him again?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:37am On May 28, 2017
gensteejay:

All you pseudo-football analysts and Hazard's haters on Nairaland, well done.

So if Hazard is not currently the best player in Chelsea according to your submission, then who is? Costa? Pedro? Or Fabregas?

All these ineffectual Nl football analysts who just started watching football matches perhaps in the Messi-Ronaldo era, where number of goals, number of trophies won (and probably number of assists) are the chief factors used to rate players.

To rate a player, folks like you turn a blind eye to the player's impact on the team, his ability to dribble opponents and create chances.

Assuming for a moment we accept your criteria for rating a player are just number of goals and number of assists as your comments on Hazard here claim, that means FIFA made a grave mistake by awarding the prestigious Balon D'or to Fabio Canavaro (a defender), Zinedine Zidane or even Kaka.

These players didn't win the award with just numbers of goals as the criterion; what really made them stand out was their stellar work impact on their teams and work rate.

It is only during this Messi-Ronaldo era that number of goals scored has become a major criterion for selecting world's best players.

So your argument that Sanchez is currently better than Hazard based on number of goals and assists is a flawed one.

who won pfa player of the year? kante or hazard? after answering the question, tell me how hazard is the best player in Chelsea currently when somebody else won the pfa player of the year

and since when did defenders start getting awards based on goals and assists?

who the fnck is this

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:44am On May 28, 2017
please I am not in the mood for any hazard debate this morning, it has been trashed here a couple of times, if you have questions, the thread is yours to explore, you'll see some old arguments that will answer your questions
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:46am On May 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

who won pfa player of the year? kante or hazard? after answering the question, tell me how hazard is the best player in Chelsea currently when it was somebody else won the pfa player of the year
Comparing Kante to Hazard is not logical because they play different roles in Chelsea team.

An unbiased follower of EPL knows Eden Hazard is Chelsea's most talented and best player. Wining PFA Player of the Year award is not a new feat to Hazard, who has got the award more than once.

Does it even make sense rating Kante above Hazard? How many trophies has the former won?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 11:49am On May 28, 2017
Raumdeuter cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 11:49am On May 28, 2017
kokaneprodigy:

The ball was at the centre of three players, Ramsey, Sanchez and the goalie, non of them had touched the ball, Ramsey wasn't obstructing the goalie's view, and d keeper can't go to Ramsey when he ain't even in a position to kick the ball.
Go watch the replay again, the keeper was running towards the ball and not Ramsey. hw on earth did Ramsey distract him again?

The kepper was running towards the ball and not Ramsey? grin grin

You guys won, let us leave it like that. grin It's football, the same thing will happen to you guys and we will analyze football for you without the blind eye.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 11:53am On May 28, 2017
gensteejay:

Comparing Kante and Hazard is not logical because they play different roles in Chelsea team.

A unbiased follower of EPL knows Eden Hazard is Chelsea's most talented and best player. Wining PFA Player of the Year award is not a new feat to Hazard, who has got the award more than once.

Does it even make sense rating Kante over Hazard? How many trophies has the former won?

it is okay to call him the best player in Chelsea when he wins pfa but it is not logical to call kante the best player in Chelsea after winning pfa

whose logic is failing now?

both won the same number of trophies this season, both play in the same club, who is even arguing that with you? I only debunked your claim that hazard is/was the best player in Chelsea currently/this season

hazard might be the most talented player in Chelsea but this season, he was not Chelsea's best player, kante was

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 11:56am On May 28, 2017
I don't know if we underrated Arsenal or our players were still suffering from Hangover.

Moses was clearly playing so annoyingly, that I wanted to puke.

The mistake that led to the 1st goal was the height. The counter would have been swift..

And you know the mistake our Rivals will make? They will judge us by yesterday's stupid match by August.. I trust Conte, he should be able to fix the problems. 2-3 weeks holiday is enough.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:57am On May 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

it is okay to call him the best player in Chelsea when he wins pfa but it is not logical to call kante the best player in Chelsea after winning pfa

whose logic is failing now?

both won the same number of trophies this season, both play in the same club, who is even arguing that with you? I only debunked your claim that hazard is/was the best player in Chelsea currently/this season

hazard might be the most talented player in Chelsea but this season, he was not Chelsea's best player, kante was
Ok. I disagree with your stand. But I will let the argument slide.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 11:57am On May 28, 2017
Ibeme:

West Ham have done a good deal there, and City were very wise to insist on buyback clause.

Meanwhile, Costa want mess up our transfer budget money by insisting he will not go to China, and is even prepared to sit out his 2 years on his contract if we don't allow him go to Atleti.

Conte meanwhile is passing messages to the board to analyse the team objectively and give him the signings he asked for. We need to be quick about our business like Man City cos that 3-4-3 first mover advantage we enjoyed this season won't be there next year.

My thoughts exactly braaah......

Costas issue is tiring I swear. I really hope we can get into the market now,do our bizness quick and clean. We need to strengthen more than ever.

Aspa the 3-4-3, I see conte as someone who can adjust or change formations to get the necessary result however,he will need the assistance of the board with with new and good signings in order for him to be able to mk date much.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 12:19pm On May 28, 2017
I actually enjoy what costa is doing to chelsea! When you guys were warned about him being the leader of the 3 rats in your team back in the days of jose you were all jumping around and defending unprofessional behavior just because he was scoring and jose was being made to look like the reason for the teams slump?

Why would a man that just won the league as the teams top scorer choose to unsettle the squad like this with such unnecessary drama! Last summer drama? January drama? End of season drama? Even advising hazard to consider any bid that comes from barca or real? Now he has said he can only rejoin Athletico madrid if he is going to leave! A day after losing a cup final? And look at the way the chelsea hierarchy is walking on egg shells around all this his constant petulant behavior? Weakening the club in the eyes of prospective buys who may also be lovers of chaos?

What does he hate about being in chelsea even though he is on a good contract? Can someone please explain if this is how one of a so called top clubs most valuable assets should act? Where is the class or respect for the club, coach and his team mates? Na wa!

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 12:28pm On May 28, 2017
dopeJemi:

who won pfa player of the year? kante or hazard? after answering the question, tell me how hazard is the best player in Chelsea currently when somebody else won the pfa player of the year

and since when did defenders start getting awards based on goals and assists?

who the fnck is this
in that same pfa player of d yr, who came second, is it hazard or sanchez?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 12:48pm On May 28, 2017
Funlord2:

I actually enjoy what costa is doing to chelsea! When you guys were warned about him being the leader of the 3 rats in your team back in the days of jose you were all jumping around and defending unprofessional behavior just because he was scoring and jose was being made to look like the reason for the teams slump?

Why would a man that just won the league as the teams top scorer choose to unsettle the squad like this with such unnecessary drama! Last summer drama? January drama? End of season drama? Even advising hazard to consider any bid that comes from barca or real? Now he has said he can only rejoin Athletico madrid if he is going to leave! A day after losing a cup final? And look at the way the chelsea hierarchy is walking on egg shells around all this his constant petulant behavior? Weakening the club in the eyes of prospective buys who may also be lovers of chaos?

What does he hate about being in chelsea even though he is on a good contract? Can someone please explain if this is how one of a so called top clubs most valuable assets should act? Where is the class or respect for the club, coach and his team mates? Na wa!

Same qxn we should be asking oga Rooney plus the fvctards u hv as defenders! Don't u agree?

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by jonsnow92: 1:06pm On May 28, 2017
Ibeme:

Jonsnow92. Na the real koko be this, straight from FIFA, not goal.com
In the opinion of the Refree..That's the Issue here..That opening already makes the argument relative and subjective..It has been waved off countlessly also

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 1:14pm On May 28, 2017
diggz:

Same qxn we should be asking oga Rooney plus the fvctards u hv as defenders! Don't u agree?

Diggz? E be like say the thing pain you sha? Rooney? That has gone from being the teams captain to being a bench warmer without a single word of disenchantment? Someone that has pledged his loyalty to the club even though jose has his right leg firmly planted on rooneys back while rooneys 2 hands are struggling to keep hold of the old trafford gates? Even Neville has told him to move on in addition to the club and jose has also told him that he can stay as long as he continues smooching our bench! Simple yet classy!

Remember when Gabriel heinze wanted to prove he could move to liverpool because evra had benched his ass? fergie sharply told him ho ha..NEVER! You must end your contract here or pray someone pities you and signs you but you must respect the clubs traditions...even the ones founded on beef! Any halaing to the press and you join the SS1 boys and wait for league cup duties!Madrid had to come and save him after he had cried a bit in silence and became a super clapper from the bench! Firm but solid approach to dealing with riff raffs not this skelewu you guys are allowing this custard abi what's his name to be giving you all!

By the way Wetin concern defenders with wetin I dey ask una? Who hates Jones as smalling as much as uniteds fans and the coach? Why do you think the coach is targeting "lindelhof, varane, marquinos, van dijk and keane?" Abeg stay on topic and tell us why costa is trying to fight himself in an empty house! What a gwan? Is this how the players of the champions elect should act? grin

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 28, 2017
Bimffo:

The kepper was running towards the ball and not Ramsey? grin grin

You guys won, let us leave it like that. grin It's football, the same thing will happen to you guys and we will analyze football for you without the blind eye.
u better take ur L with chilled glass of water. undecided
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 1:50pm On May 28, 2017
Breaking news

Whoscored,Squakwa,UEFA,PL players and captains have decided to release a joint official statement rating Sanchez over Hazard after their eyes were opened by Nairaland FIFA licensed analysts like Afrodoc,Funlord,Ramudeen and their handbag(Dopejemi) since they obviously know better than all of them combined

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 2:08pm On May 28, 2017
kokaneprodigy:
u better take ur L with chilled glass of water. undecided

Before nko? We already took the L with chilled Vodka.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funlord2(m): 2:19pm On May 28, 2017
bigkesh:
Breaking news

Whoscored,Squakwa,UEFA,PL players and captains have decided to release a joint official statement rating Sanchez over Hazard after their eyes were opened by Nairaland FIFA licensed analysts like Afrodoc,Funlord,Ramudeen [/b]and their handbag([b]Dopejemi) [/b]since they obviously know better than all of them combined

I was never involved in rating sanchez over hazard! How can I rate a guy I haven't seen since your title parade with one I saw scoring a goal in a cup final yesterday? Or are your eyes still swollen from crying over the loss to europa standard opponents yesterday? cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 2:26pm On May 28, 2017
bigkesh:
Breaking news

Whoscored,Squakwa,UEFA,PL players and captains have decided to release a joint official statement rating Sanchez over Hazard after their eyes were opened by Nairaland FIFA licensed analysts like Afrodoc,Funlord,Ramudeen and their handbag(Dopejemi) since they obviously know better than all of them combined

cheesy That's what we read on nairaland o. I will like these guys to publish their own websites. Ramuzaki's big head will cover his homepage. Funlord will have his 6 packs on his. Afrodoc will put his herbs on display, dopejemi's own will be blank like ajakaja40's brain.

7 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Theflash98: 2:41pm On May 28, 2017
Chelseafan1:

You can call it hype when we compare Hazard to Messi/CR7 but it is no hype comparing Hazard, Neymar, Sanchez or Suarez...What spectacular thing can those 4 do that Hazard can't do....Na only Messi and CR7 dey Wow us every year. Leave story

Shey u even know say some Barca fans don start dey compare Neymar with cr7,they even said he is better than cr7, but no, una no go see that one.

Una just hate Hazard all of una, Neymar never punish De Gea and Man utd like Hazard has done, Neymar never punish Boateng, Lahm, Neuer like Hazard has done.... So its understandable cheesy
Abeg o...i need to correct a mistake here....neymar hasnt played against de gea....but neymar has destroy neuer,boateng and co...,he has 3 goals in 2 matches against bayern....he has even scored against d mighty buffon and casillas...wake me up when hazard does so or when he scored 10 goals in ucl campaign or when dey nominate him among the 3 finalist in ballon d'or or when he scored 300 career goals or when he reach 55 goals for belgium

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Theflash98: 2:46pm On May 28, 2017
airmark:

cheesy That's what we read on nairaland o. I will like these guys to publish their own websites. Ramuzaki's big head will cover his homepage. Funlord will have his 6 packs on his. Afrodoc will put his herbs on display, dopejemi's own will be blank like ajakaja40's brain.
chelsea fans or hazard fans arr hypocrite...all these sites list neymar ahead hazard....but to you hazard is better....what is wrong if they also believe sanchez is better than hazard even if those sites says otherwise....to me,sanchez is better...hazard is just more skillful...sanchez is more productive,better goal scorer,better assist maker and has passion to win unlike ikedia

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (2977) (2978) (2979) (2980) (2981) (2982) (2983) ... (19288) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Segedinho(m), lordfalcao(m), MrJaay(m), AirBay and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.