Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:45 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10730027 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (19393) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Skimpledawg(m): 7:51pm On Aug 11, 2017
Lordfalcao go kill person this night grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:53pm On Aug 11, 2017
maguire assist btw
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
@ raumdeuter

You mean drogba was one of the best in the world like lacazette or giroud abi? Wehdonsir

@ lordfalcao

Congrats sir

Scores for strikers we all wanted to come to cfc as at today pl goals scored

Lacasera 1 lukaku 0 morata 0
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:54pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:
Lacazette Alart!

This can rank as the fastest debut goal in EPL...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:56pm On Aug 11, 2017
timbros:

I'll need to research that but that was pretty quick
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 7:57pm On Aug 11, 2017
timbros:

It's not.

Somebody did 35 seconds ffs grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 7:58pm On Aug 11, 2017
CapitalCee:

Vardy didn't do it alone, there are certain schmeichel, Mahrez(who won the player of the year), Kante (who won the league again and the player of the year) in that team, Everton don't have anyone near the quality of those 3 in their squad when Lukaku was their, you may have a case for Kane though.
and did you know these certain "mahrez, kante or schmeichel" before they won the trophy?

Did leceister win the trophy with messi and ronaldo in their team?

Isn't the success of the team what shot them to limelight?

Won't you pick out some outstanding players like them, had everton won the league?

What about kane at totteham? Totteham do not have outstanding players or team?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:00pm On Aug 11, 2017
timbros:

How do you expect Morata to score 30 goals in 50 matches when our legend needed 82 matches to register just over 30 goals?

You are being way too unrealistic in Morata's matter. If you don't like him as a player, fine. It's allowed. But plainly hating on him is bad bro...

Morata has reached the level of cavani, higuain, suarez with this big money move. If you are expecting 18 goals from giroud, no problem. I expect a striker of epl champion to be scoring 30 goals in 50 matches. Even that kid mbappe scored 26 in 44 last season and it helped monaco to dethrone psg. Such is the power of high number of goals.

Take a look at suarez, higuain, cavani, they help their teams with goals. This is what chelsea needs to reach the next level and win titles, with man city, man utd breathing on her neck in epl, with barca, madrid, juve waiting in europe.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2017
nateevs:

For real. Bone the win win for a minute. Many of them are craftily setting the scope for not failing on either side. You need to look under the hood. In the midst of the tirade of abuse, no one is categorically and unequivocally stating he "WILL NOT" come good.

Watch Airmark's posts and he's gone from "Morata is a striker that I advised not to be bought" to "Conte should light fire in his eyes"

So if Morata flops, then we know what's coming. If Morata is a hit though, then we'll get the "this is what we always wanted from him".

Then there's the win win situation.
that's why we have to keep quote post like this one. It will make it easier for our archaeologist to excavate when the time comes.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:

It's not.

Somebody did 35 seconds ffs grin

O boy!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:03pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:

What is your formula? That's what I want to know.

If you dont actually have a formula, preface your post with the phrase "in my opinion" to reflect that your post is not a fact, but rather an expression of your personal opinions....

.... so that I can promptly disregard it.

2004:

World costliest player = 46.5m
Drogba fee=. 24m

24/46.5 x 100 = 51.62%

Drogba costs 51.62% of the costliest player.

2017:

World costliest player= 200m
Morata fee= 70m

70/200 x 100 = 35%

Morata costs 35% of world costliest player.

In 2004 Morata would have cost. 46.5 x 0.35 = 16.28m (which is not up to what Arsenal got Antonio Reyes from Sevilla for)

In 2017 drogba would have cost. 200 x 0.5162 = 103.2m

So it's not "in my opinion" this is my formula sir. I used raumdeuter s logic which to me is fair.

Morata must not score up to 20goals to justify his price tag

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
This is me lordfalcao cheesy cheesy

Reporting live from the Emirates stadium cheesy cheesy

Bringing to you lacazette alert grin grin

1 goal in 1 league match..

Bigkesh and airmark will not eat this night...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:05pm On Aug 11, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
and did you know these certain "mahrez, kante or schmeichel" before they won the trophy?

Did leceister win the trophy with messi and ronaldo in their team?

Isn't the success of the team what shot them to limelight?

Won't you pick out some outstanding players like them, had won the league?

What about kane at totteham? Totteham do not have outstanding players or team?

Nobody in Everton is a match for schmeichel, Kante or Mahrez. Like I said you are right about Kane.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:07pm On Aug 11, 2017
diggz:
@ raumdeuter

You mean drogba was one of the best in the world like lacazette or giroud abi? Wehdonsir

@ lordfalcao

Congrats sir

Scores for strikers we all wanted to come to cfc as at today pl goals scored

Lacasera 1 lukaku 0 morata 0
drogba was already a top 9 in Marseille's before coming to Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
CapitalCee:

2004:

World costliest player = 46.5m
Drogba fee=. 24m

24/46.5 x 100 = 51.62%

Drogba costs 51.62% of the costliest player.

2017:

World costliest player= 200m
Morata fee= 70m

70/200 x 100 = 35%

Morata costs 35% of world costliest player.

In 2004 Morata would have cost. 46.5 x 0.35 = 16.28m (which is not up to what Arsenal got Antonio Reyes from Sevilla for)

In 2017 drogba would have cost. 200 x 0.5162 = 103.2m

So it's not "in my opinion" this is my formula sir. I used raumdeuter s logic which to me is fair.

Morata must not score up to 20goals to justify his price tag

I actually thought you would give me something like adjustments for Inflation or something like that...instead you're giving me Raumdeuter's logic which in your opinion is fair, as if Raumdeuter is some universally acclaimed economist.

Whats the difference between the most costly and the second most costly player in drogbas time?

Compare that to the difference between Neymar and Pogba and ask if a 100m pound gap between the two has ever been replicated in football history...

The answer you will find is that Neymar's transfer is an outlier, that most likely will never happen again. So that's your formula already blown out the water.

It's your opinion, and with absolutely no disrespect to you, It's been disregarded.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:11pm On Aug 11, 2017
Oboi this welbeck na fool o.

Bushbaby from Ghana
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by pamcode(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:
maguire assist btw
You have him In your fpl team too.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2017
Chai Vardy Party
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:15pm On Aug 11, 2017
pamcode:
You have him In your fpl team too.

At all. I had Walker. Changed to Bellerin last moment.

Sheeeitt
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:16pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:

I actually thought you would give me something like adjustments for Inflation or something like that...instead you're giving me Raumdeuter's logic which in your opinion is fair, as if Raumdeuter is some universally acclaimed economist.

Whats the difference between the most costly and the second most costly player in drogbas time?

Compare that to the difference between Neymar and Pogba and ask if a 100m pound gap between the two has ever been replicated in football history...

The answer you will find is that Neymar's transfer is an outlier, that most likely will never happen again. So that's your formula already blown out the water.

It's your opinion, and with absolutely no disrespect to you, It's been disregarded.

OK , but you have seen my formula
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:17pm On Aug 11, 2017
raumdeuter:

Chelsea bought Vialli from Juventus, Bought Shevchenko from Milan bought Crespo.

Drogba was actually one of the best strikers in the world then

Vialli was 32 years old when he joined, shevchenko 30 , crespo 28 when he joined. We have a 24 year old striker here in morata, buzzing with energy, ready to kill. He has not exhausted his energy at real. This is not 1996 or 2004, we are in the era of strikers scoring a lot of goals, you cant take us back mr man.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
CapitalCee:

OK , but you have seen my formula

That's it. It's YOUR formula.

I'm not here to debate YOUR opinion.

I want to disregard it. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 8:18pm On Aug 11, 2017
This Arsenal team, Ehn.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 8:20pm On Aug 11, 2017
airmark:

Vialli was 32 years old when he joined, shevchenko 30 , crespo 28 when he joined. We have a 24 year old striker here in morata, buzzing with energy, ready to kill. He has not exhausted his energy at real. This is not 1996 or 2004, we are in the era of strikers scoring a lot of goals, you cant take us back mr man.
quit giving this silly excuses here, it makes you look sick

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:21pm On Aug 11, 2017
Sanchez realising that he can't stay with these clowns... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
Apart from that goal, Lacazette has been completely anonymous. Maguire has eaten him alive tonight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:25pm On Aug 11, 2017
CapitalCee:

Nobody in Everton is a match for schmeichel, Kante or Mahrez. Like I said you are right about Kane.
I'm sure you would have said no players can match barkley, gueye and mirallas, had everton won the league and some of the players moved to bigger clubs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:27pm On Aug 11, 2017
nateevs:

What you see is that I have grown up, curbed the urge to argue online about everything I don't agree with; and most importantly, consciously preserve a decent online image because my job in real life requires me to be exemplary. Above all, I intend to be a good father to my two lovely kids and posturing an e-gangster personality (which is what is required to stand against Felicia), is completely contradictory to the image I desire my kids to see of me.

First things first, the main thing that caught my attention is to congratulate you on the birth of your 2nd child which went unannounced. More gunpowder to your shotgun and more lead to your pencil. Mma manu!

2nd things second, no need to explain why or who you agree or disagree with on any footie issue. We are not in boy-girl relationship here. If we hold the same view on contentious issues like Conte, Matic, Ake, Costa etc, why explain to another nigga agreeing with similar views? In addition, the two main players we were passionate about (Torres and Lampard) have long left Chelsea. Not to mention, I equally tried to avoid long-drawn arguments with you since the birth of your first child. Time is of the essence I'm sure.

As for Nihilist, same applies to you, as with all our age group. I avoid certain matters with you to avoid eating into my time unnecessarily if it could escalate into long argument. I'd rather go for the swift kill than waste my time in any long argument that's getting personal, but there are lines I no want cross, trust me.

I was not being overly malicious with the reference to Torres sef, just buttressing putting faith in young players with potential (Ake, Lukaku) than giving shirt to proven average players (Drinkwater, Torres).

I have referenced you and Torres several times before and no dust was raised. Diggz accused you of being part of Torres camp a couple of years ago, you raised no dust. If Nateevs and Griffon have the same impression of past events. . . then I'm no liar, anymore that the general recollection of events, whether you consider it fair or flawed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 8:34pm On Aug 11, 2017
lordfalcao:
quit giving this silly excuses here, it makes you look sick

If your brain is inside lacazette's boots, let him finish the match he is playing, before you air your views.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:35pm On Aug 11, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
I'm sure you would have said no players can match barkley, gueye and mirallas, had everton won the league and some of the players moved to bigger clubs.

Schmeichel and Mahrez are still Leicester players, kante won the league again. They reached CL quarter finals. They cant be a bad team. Everton don't have such players
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by EvilMetahuman: 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Skimpledawg:
Cap.italcee, you have a mail
are you working for nipost or something?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CapitalCee(m): 8:36pm On Aug 11, 2017
Nihilist:

That's it. It's YOUR formula.

I'm not here to debate YOUR opinion.

I want to disregard it. grin

Lol

(1) (2) (3) ... (3312) (3313) (3314) (3315) (3316) (3317) (3318) ... (19393) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.