Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10542042 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (19172) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Limerick: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
lalaboi:

Too straighforward. You should mix some of these bets. . Over 1.5 goals,

Sparta Praha Vs Banik ostrava is a risk for hom ewin. Both team score or home double chance.

Everything sha na luck! no masters degree in it. .
abeg gimme small hint 4 dis shiit na cheesy .
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Aug 17, 2014
Nihilist:
Too early to call. We haven't even played yet.

Liverpool are looking a lot better at the back with Glen Johnson looking halfway out the 1st eleven

Arsenal are also in for the title if they manage to stay fit....

This year is going to be down who shad the fittest squad the longest,

Injuries to Hazard, Costa and Fabregas and we're suddenly looking very ordinary

Too early to call no doubt but I don't really have to detonate a bomb just to confirm its devastating effect.

Chelsea and Citeh are phucking well fortified than anyother team!

A major advantage most Championship winning teams enjoy over their foes is squad depth and only Citeh & Chelsea has got that this season.

I saw Citeh against N'castle today, man they sent those shivers down my spine. Those cocksuckers have the depth to field two full teams of top-notch players - this is cheating!

Arsenal is still Arsenal, nothing changed. Utd with a shrewd gaffer has still got a team full of lightweights. Liverpool aren't thisame without Suarez - I see this lot playing catch up.

I know it's too early to call but bud there are some observations that cant just be bottled up.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:05pm On Aug 17, 2014
Hope football fantasy registration has not closed?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Limerick: 11:11pm On Aug 17, 2014
Omo. . .these guys dey vex/
Drop missiles like a Fighter Jet/
Their future is bright I guess/
Cz they be. . .getting money on this game!. . . .like its 'Naira bet'!!/ cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 11:19pm On Aug 17, 2014
You just wanna show you one of d best/
U av got d lyrics we know dat yes/
You got to beg for the rest/
Or I keep them with myself/
So get back to ur shell/
And get out of our thread cheesy

This is aimed at Limerick.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:57pm On Aug 17, 2014
Ryan Bertrand was so damn good today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 12:49am On Aug 18, 2014
coogar:

ibime is right!
the players in the spine are more important than the branches. if a man loses his spine then his limbs are very useless.

the spine:
cech - terry - matic - fabregas - costa

miss one out of that set-up and there may be fire in the mountain. hazard is indispensable......however, nothing must happen to all the players that sit in the centre of the defence, midfield & the attack.

Terry, Cech are easily replaceable in Chelsea
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 1:13am On Aug 18, 2014
raumdeuter:
Terry, Cech are easily replaceable in Chelsea

replacable with who? hazard & oscar?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:36am On Aug 18, 2014
Ivanovic and Cahill more than cover for Terry

Cech currently isnt even certain to start for Chelsea

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 18, 2014
raumdeuter: Ivanovic and Cahill more than cover for Terry

True that.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2014
12 clearances and 4 interceptions!

Omeruo stood out for Boro despite defeat to Leeds.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 8:11am On Aug 18, 2014
Mourinho dey eye Omeruo ni? grin

Chelsea which way na? tongue grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 8:16am On Aug 18, 2014
coded01: Mourinho dey eye Omeruo ni? grin

Chelsea which way na? tongue grin
eye as how?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 8:19am On Aug 18, 2014
tobiboss: eye as how?

This one wey person dey give us Omeruo's performance analysis! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 8:22am On Aug 18, 2014
coded01:

This one wey person dey give us Omeruo's performance analysis! grin
omeruo is a chelsea player, he's out on loan

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 8:24am On Aug 18, 2014
tobiboss: omeruo is a chelsea player, he's out on loan

I know that's why I said if Mourinho want him back... grin

Abi who e get liver to bench 4 chelsea now? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tobiboss(m): 8:31am On Aug 18, 2014
coded01:

well nobody, but he could take zouma's place on the bench grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Limerick: 8:36am On Aug 18, 2014
Tval: You just wanna show you one of d best/
U av got d lyrics we know dat yes/
You got to beg for the rest/
Or I keep them with myself/
So get back to ur shell/
And get out of our thread cheesy

This is aimed at Limerick.
grin grin DO I KNW U?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:44am On Aug 18, 2014
coded01:

Want him back or not, Omeruo is a Chelsea player and his progress deserves to be monitored just like the other loanees.

It's that simple!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 8:45am On Aug 18, 2014
Limerick:
grin grin DO I KNW U?

No.

The guy below me needs a ban.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 18, 2014
^^^^^^^^^

`Must you troll?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:35am On Aug 18, 2014
Big bro chelseabmw, this guy have come again oo.. The guy that posts Devotional manuals on this thread.. Pls can U push him out again.. ?? The guy is just a Troll..
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:36am On Aug 18, 2014
MATCH DAY!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 10:20am On Aug 18, 2014
Ibime:

Corrected!

Injury to Hazard will not slow us down even if he breaks his leg tomorrow. We have more than enough width in the team. If you ask me sef, I prefer Schurrle in certain games, depending on the strength of the opposition.

Infact when he got injured last season, we did alright, it was when he returned from that we lost the UCL and the league.

Wrong about Hazard. We lost the UCL last season because Hazard got injured in the first 10mins of the first leg and was clearly unfit to play in the second leg. In the league, we weren't doing fine without him. Without his 14 goals and 7 assists, we will be even further away.

No single player in the Chelsea squad can come near what Hazard brings to the table. Hazard is the only player in the squad that can play in the hole and on either flank without breaking consistency of output. Without Hazard, what we have in the team is unproductive width; with ninjas like Willian scoring only 4 goals in the league season long and the likes of Salah who hasn't received the memo of when to shoot/pass. Even before the season starts, I can confidently tell you that Hazard, if played, will be involved in over 70% of Costa goals.

If Hazard is out, we could quite easily be ordinary in attack.

We still need to wait and see what Fab brings in a 'Mourinho Chelsea'. We all hope Fab blends right in and becomes an integral part of the jig-saw however something keeps telling me Chelsea could never have been Fab's first choice and that there's some fighting ahead.

It's easy to call upon history but JM doesn't play like Barca and Arsenal. Likewise Fab isn't used to playing with the likes of Ramires. It's counter-attack, it's direct and many times boring and annoying football. It's mental hard-work and no one knows if Fab is caught out for this style of football. If Hazard complained about the style of football after our UCL exit last season, I can't see why Fab wouldn't if it gets really bad. Over a season, things change quickly. Therefore it's too early to predict that Fab out means Chelsea out.

In my opinion, the only two players that have irreplaceable output are Hazard and Costa. Everyone else, with a degree of change to the tactics, is replaceable.

5 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:35am On Aug 18, 2014
raumdeuter: Ivanovic and Cahill more than cover for Terry

without terry's guidance, ivanovic & cahill are deer in the headlights. terry is the best english captain in the last 15 years at least. he's a leader of men & a bloody good organiser. he tells cahill/ivanovic where to stand.

yes, cech could be replaced but he's still a very good goalie. all i am just trying to say is players who play centrally make up the spine not the special electives like hazard or willian who are stationed wide.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ritchboy(m): 10:36am On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs:

Wrong about Hazard. We lost the UCL last season because Hazard got injured in the first 10mins of the first leg and was clearly unfit to play in the second leg. In the league, we weren't doing fine without him. Without his 14 goals and 7 assists, we will be even further away.

No single player in the Chelsea squad can come near what Hazard brings to the table. Hazard is the only player in the squad that can play in the hole and on either flank without breaking consistency of output. Without Hazard, what we have in the team is unproductive width; with ninjas like Willian scoring only 4 goals in the league season long and the likes of Salah who hasn't received the memo of when to shoot/pass. Even before the season starts, I can confidently tell you that Hazard, if played, will be involved in over 70% of Costa goals.

We still need to wait and see what Fab brings in a 'Mourinho Chelsea'. We all hope Fab blends right in and becomes an integral part of the jig-saw however something keeps telling me Chelsea could never have been Fab's first choice and that there's some fighting ahead.

It's easy to call upon history but JM doesn't play like Barca and Arsenal. Likewise Fab isn't used to playing with the likes of Ramires. It's counter-attack, it's direct and many times boring and annoying football. It's mental hard-work and no one knows if Fab is caught out for this style of football. If Hazard complained about the style of football after our UCL exit last season, I can't see why Fab wouldn't if it gets really bad. Over a season, things change quickly. Therefore it's too early to predict that Fab out means Chelsea out.

In my opinion, the only two players that have irreplaceable output are Hazard and Costa. Everyone else, with a degree of change to the tactics, is replaceable.

Nateevs makes more sense than Ibime these days... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 10:59am On Aug 18, 2014
ritchboy:

Nateevs makes more sense than Ibime these days... cheesy

no he doesn't......
hazard is a bloody good player but nateevs exaggerated a bit on hazard's influence to the team. there's nothing hazard can do that oscar wouldn't if given plenty of minutes.

nateevs also erred with the analysis of cesc. fabregas can mix it & he's more direct than any spanish midfielder i know - that's exactly why he was booted out of barcelona.

fabregas can play the route-one football. receive the ball from chelsea's half & ping the ball perfectly on costa's path to goal. hazard can easily become dispensable if cesc brings his long passing game into the team.

everything depends on the kinda striker costa is. if he's the type with an excellent first touch, close control with an exquisite finishing, then hazard's days could be numbered. mourinho is going to prefer the direct method more than hazard's wing wizardry stunt that could be entertaining but with a high risk.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 11:28am On Aug 18, 2014
nateevs:

Na so you been dey shout when we sell Mata that he is irreplaceable.

Matic is more important to Chelsea than Hazard. I did not mention Fabregas, although I'm sure he will prove indispensible in time.

If Matic injure, fall back to Mikel = disaster.
If Hazard injure, fall back to Schurle - who can easily score and assist as many as Hazard whilst keeping width better and being more defensively solid.

Schurrle is a 15 goal a season man just like Hazard. But if you downgrade from Matic to Mikel, na die you dey.

Against PSG was when Hazard got injured, Schurrle came on and got us into the game. Against Atleti, Hazard came back and lost us the game - twice.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2014
Ibime: Matic is more important to Chelsea than Hazard.

We don't have to debate this, it's a proven fact!

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by ElFenomeno1: 11:38am On Aug 18, 2014
coogar: terry is the best english captain in the last 15 years at least.

In the EPL?!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coogar: 11:42am On Aug 18, 2014
ElFenomeno1:
In the EPL?!

anywhere on the planet.
terry is a lion in the way he charges his team to victory. he's the english puyol. if arsenal had a player like him in the last 10 years, there's no way you woulda been trophyless for 9 years.

(1) (2) (3) ... (528) (529) (530) (531) (532) (533) (534) ... (19172) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: dostr4(m), drisham(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.