Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,307 members, 7,819,046 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:29 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (804) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10530911 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (19166) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by homesteady(m): 10:14pm On Feb 15, 2015
TreQuartista:

As imperious as their form is, they don't seem to be giving anybody the jitters. Maybe because they have failed some really big tests this season.

You either maintain a measured/considerable level of consistence throughout the season, or choose the right time to peak. In relation to how they have negotiated their season so far, I think Barça are peaking too soon. Or can they still crank things up some notches?
that was then! Which test is more bigger than wining Atletico Madrid 3 times in a row?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Noah13: 10:18pm On Feb 15, 2015
Ibime:

Na next week.
no be all the CL games dem go play for midweek?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:35pm On Feb 15, 2015
Emaprince:
Happy birthday DJ Tval!!
Thanks bro
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:21am On Feb 16, 2015
My mate telling me De Bruyne is the best player in Bundesliga ATM. I'm not surprised.

The politics of choosing between £25m Oscar, £25m Mata or £7m De Bruyne. . . he was an easy victim. Just goes to show why you shouldn't overstock players in the same position.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 12:40am On Feb 16, 2015
Sterling work RDM is doing at Schalke.

From 11th to 4th in the table. Wish him all the best.

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Ibime:
My mate telling me De Bruyne is the best player in Bundesliga ATM. I'm not surprised.

The politics of choosing between £25m Oscar, £25m Mata or £7m De Bruyne. . . he was an easy victim. Just goes to show why you shouldn't overstock players in the same position.

In all fairness even from your pre season games, I felt Chelsea missed a gem in DeBruyne. He has a bright future ahead of him, EVen at the world cup he seemed one of the bright sparks in the lethargic Belgian side

If he continues this way I see him as a future(2016) or Griezmann as replacement for Ribery since Hazard seems highly unlikely
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 1:45am On Feb 16, 2015
raumdeuter:

In all fairness even from your pre season games, I felt Chelsea missed a gem in DeBruyne. He has a bright future ahead of him, EVen at the world cup he seemed one of the bright sparks in the lethargic Belgian side

If he continues this way I see him as a future(2016) or Griezmann as replacement for Ribery since Hazard seems highly unlikely

Smh... grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 16, 2015
This week all roads lead to Paris unless you're me. I'm off to Calabar for a week project.

Here are the words of the founder of PSG fans website 1970 PSG Ross Mackiewicz on their team's injury woes.

''This is a massive blow. The fact that Lucas is one of those who will be out has already weakend our chances as he is so important to us. He is also a big game player so him being out is going to be detrimental. There are doubts over Blaise Matuidi and I worry that if he misses the game, we will miss energy in midfield. He is our engine on the left-hand side of the midfield trio. Marco Verratti and Thiago Motta will control the ball but when need someone to bomb forward, Matuidi does this to a tee.

The club knows that this is a desperate situation. President Nasser Al-Khelaifi came out and urged the supporters to get right behind the team. Captain Thiago Silva also said something similar post-match.

The Parc des Princes needs to be in full voice to help the lads.''

The guy went further to unearth the worry he has for Costa and Hazard.

These lot don't have the time to troll us again. They are really pissing in french at the moment cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:20am On Feb 16, 2015
Ibime:

Is this about being an easy victim or failing to impress when handed the chance to?

I can recall vividly how piss-poor KDB was in games Mou started him last season. He put up lacklustre displays and his overall performance was questionable.

So don't you think he unwittingly made the call easier for Jose?

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:35am On Feb 16, 2015
TreQuartista:

As imperious as their form is, they don't seem to be giving anybody the jitters. Maybe because they have failed some really big tests this season.

You either maintain a measured/considerable level of consistence throughout the season, or choose the right time to peak. In relation to how they have negotiated their season so far, I think Barça are peaking too soon. Or can they still crank things up some notches?
Barça have so far failed big tests this season? Apart from losing to Real Madrid way back in October, Barça has won all their big matches. PSG was dully dispatched in December and a first group spot grabbed. Atletico that spanked Real Madrid a hiding the other day, was expertly negotiated not once but thrice in as many days. This is the same Atletico that I'm sure you Chelsea fans all know too well. grin

Manchester City of course, would provide a sterner test but happily for us, they're not in a good run of form themselves. But we on the other hand, are the most inform team in Europe right now. An in-form Messi and Neymar and Suarez, easily eclipses whatever attack anyone can offer anywhere in Europe. A scintillating mixture of an amazing counter attacking football and an always stellar possession football makes them all the more dangerous. cheesy Chelsea can offer some stubborn defence but we all saw how it was brutally exposed by a rampart Spurs side. grin

We peaked too soon? What a misguided statement! Let me tell you that the sole objectives of fitness trainers in any club, is to plan that the players could peak in the business end of the season, which of course is from January to April. If you couldn't perform well during this period in the season, you cannot win any trophy. If you are a Real Madrid that played their best football when nothing was astake, then you peaked too soon. Barring any significant injury to key players, we're very much well poised to win an historic treble. grin Not even a Chelsea side that have blown hot and cold this season can lay claim to finishing with a treble, having been embarrassed out of the FA cup by some minnows.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:52am On Feb 16, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Is this about being an easy victim or failing to impress when handed the chance to?

I can recall vividly how piss-poor KDB was in games Mou started him last season. He put up lacklustre displays and his overall performance was questionable.

De Byurne was an impressive player when I saw him play for you guyz last season. Mourihno was looking for who to scapegoat for a rather poor start to his 2nd coming in England. He threw away Mata and Kevin as if they were the only reason Chelsea wasn't performing as expected. We know Mourihno all too well for this scapegoating manner of treatment. grin Kevin's immense energy immersed in a preponderance of quality is too easy to see but yet he gave a cold shoulder. Messi, Neymar, Kane and Kevin de Bryune are easily the most inform players right now in Europe. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:13am On Feb 16, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Barça have so far failed big tests this season? Apart from losing to Real Madrid way back in October, Barça has won all their big matches. PSG was dully dispatched in December and a first group spot grabbed. Atletico that spanked Real Madrid a hiding the other day, was expertly negotiated not once but thrice in as many days. This is the same Atletico that I'm sure you Chelsea fans all know too well. grin

Manchester City of course, would provide a sterner test but happily for us, they're not in a good run of form themselves. But we on the other hand, are the most inform team in Europe right now. An in-form Messi and Neymar and Suarez, easily eclipses whatever attack anyone can offer anywhere in Europe. A scintillating mixture of an amazing counter attacking football and an always stellar possession football makes them all the more dangerous. cheesy

Chelsea can offer some stubborn defence but we all saw how it was brutally exposed by a rampart Spurs side. grin

We peaked too soon? What a misguided statement! Let me tell you that the sole objectives of fitness trainers in any club, is to plan that the players could peak in the business end of the season, which of course is from January to April. If you couldn't perform well during this period in the season, you cannot win any trophy. If you are a Real Madrid that played their best football when nothing was astake, then you peaked too soon. Barring any significant injury to key players, we're very much well poised to win an historic treble. grin Not even a Chelsea side that have blown hot and cold this season can lay claim to finishing with a treble, having been embarrassed out of the FA cup by some minnows.

Story for my village gods.

Scoring 7 and conceding 4 in 3 meetings with Atleti shouldn't create the impression that you've been geniunely tested. Same Atleti were humbled by ordinary Celta yesterday.

I've seen enough of Barcelona's games this season and I make bold to say that nothing has changed - except that a certain Suarez isn't prolific anymore. It's same tiki-taka bullcrap with hell lot of defensive flaws to back it up.

It would take a while for you lot to build a team that would be as strong as Pep's. When push comes to shove, deal with it well and blow your damn trumpet.

When either of Bayern, Chelsea or Real Madrid hits turn and you romp over them, I might begin to take you serious.

Historic treble with Pique and freaking Mr Jeremy as centrebacks?

Pls humor me some more.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Funjosh(m): 9:29am On Feb 16, 2015
The gods are not to be blamed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 16, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Story for my village gods.

Scoring 7 and conceding 4 in 3 meetings with Atleti shouldn't create the impression that you've been geniunely tested. Same Atleti were humbled by ordinary Celta yesterday.

I've seen enough of Barcelona's games this season and I make bold to say that nothing has changed - except that a certain Suarez isn't prolific anymore. It's same tiki-taka bullcrap with hell lot of defensive flaws to back it up.

It would take a while for you lot to build a team that would be as strong as Pep's. When push comes to shove, deal with it well and blow your damn trumpet.

When either of Bayern, Chelsea or Real Madrid hits turn and you romp over them, I might begin to take you serious.

Historic treble with Pique and freaking Mr Jeremy as centrebacks?

Pls humor me some more.
Trash! grin

We scored 7 goals and conceded only 3 against Atletico not 4. Get your facts right, gentleman! Atletico may have lost to Celta ( we even lost to them in Camp Nou of all places!) but they hold Madrid's number this season which makes Barça's beating thrice on the trot, all the more amazing. grin

If you are still judging this present Barça by their performances prior to December, then I'm sure you're in for some rude awakening! We have used those period to streamline the squad and get everyone in the same page. Ours is a new team with new coach, so it's easy to see why we were quite inconsistent earlier on. But things are very different now. We have arrived when the season reaches its climax, in a brilliant form. That's a big plus to us.

If you are waiting for us to play a Bayern, who was given a hiding against Wolfburg last few weeks or a Madrid side, dilapidated by mounting injuries to overused squad or even this inconsistent Chelsea, who rather cowardly, rapidly resort to a defensive shape like some conered rat, once a big team comes around, instead of coming out to match them toe to toe like a fellow big team they themselves are, then I'm sure you'll get your chance to see us reassert ourselves as the best team in the world.

Every team right now have one or more deficiencies but a brilliant attack of a Messi and Neymar and Suarez, can more than make up for that. Pique is returning to the peak of his powers. If you have failed to notice this then I'm certain you haven't been seeing our matches. grin

Suarez not scoring a lot? This is Spanish league! No one comes here and start firing on all cylinder. They of course would need time to adapt. It's not English league, where rejects from Spain, reign over you guyz as king. Look around and you'll see what I'm saying. We sent Cesc and Alexis away after 3 average years in Spain but now they reign in England. Suarez will score alot here but he'll need more time.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by tolutweety(m): 12:32pm On Feb 16, 2015

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:57pm On Feb 16, 2015
AirborneLacer:

De Bruyne impressed me in most of his games. I'm not sure where you got this impression from.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 2:49pm On Feb 16, 2015
Ibime:

De Bruyne impressed me in most of his games. I'm not sure where you got this impression from.

Same with me because I was hoping he would be poor so Chelsea would sell him to Dortmund
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:54pm On Feb 16, 2015
Johnpaul88:

Manchester City of course, would provide a sterner test but happily for us, they're not in a good run of form themselves. But we on the other hand, are the most inform team in Europe right now. An in-form Messi and Neymar and Suarez, easily eclipses whatever attack anyone can offer anywhere in Europe. A scintillating mixture of an amazing counter attacking football and an always stellar possession football makes them all the more dangerous. cheesy Chelsea can offer some stubborn defence but we all saw how it was brutally exposed by a rampart Spurs side. grin

Really? Chelsea can't win a treble this season? Wow! Tell me something I don't know.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:06pm On Feb 16, 2015
timbros:

Really? Chelsea can't win a treble this season? Wow! Tell me something I don't know.
Having been dumped out of FA cup, how can you possibly the treble! grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:12pm On Feb 16, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Having been dumped out of FA cup, how can you possibly the treble! grin grin

Wow!

And I was here waiting patiently for March 1st when I thought I have a Cup Final date with Tottenham.

Wow again!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:13pm On Feb 16, 2015
timbros:

You dont know that Bradford took away one of those 3 trophies. Typical Chelsea fan
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:14pm On Feb 16, 2015
timbros:

Wow!

And I was here waiting patiently for March 1st when I thought I have a Cup Final date with Tottenham.

Wow again!

Capital one cup doesnt count to any serious team. No one cares about Capital one cup except losers like Arsenal
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
timbros:

Wow!

Wow again!
What useless cup? Capital one cup? What a laugh!

For the record, winning FA cup and the Epl title and the Champions league trophy, gets you the treble. Capital one cup is a joke! grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 4:20pm On Feb 16, 2015
DK and John wetin una dey talk self? Abeg make una ask coogar if him no count community shield as TROPHY under DM period.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
raumdeuter:

You dont know that Bradford took away one of those 3 trophies. Typical Chelsea fan

raumdeuter:

Capital one cup doesnt count to any serious team. No one cares about Capital one cup except losers like Arsenal

Johnpaul88:
What useless cup? Capital one cup? What a laugh!

For the record, winning cup and the Epl title and the Champions league trophy, gets you the treble. Capital one cup is a joke! grin

grin grin

Chai, na wa for people o.

Have you guys for a sec thought what that word treble means? You might want to check your dictionary for the meaning. Other words for treble are threefold, triple.

Please o, what can any three cups that a team wins be refered to as?

A certain Liverpool team led by Gerard Houllier won the treble in 2001. If una no tell me here the 3 cups dem win that year, make una no bother to quote me again. Case closed.

#TypicalAntiChelseaFans

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Feb 16, 2015
timbros:

grin grin

Chai, na wa for people o.

Have you guys for a sec thought what that word treble means? You might want to check your dictionary for the meaning. Other words for treble are threefold, triple.

Please o, what can any three cups that a team wins be refered to as?

A certain Liverpool team led by Gerard Houllier won the treble in 2001. If una no tell me here the 3 cups dem win that year, make una no bother to quote me again. Case closed.

#TypicalAntiChelseaFans

Honours usually considered to contribute to a treble are the top-tier domestic league competition, primary domestic cup competition and most prestigious continental cup competition

Only jesters would say Liverpool won a treble in 2001

This is a 2010 article on previous treble winners no one remembered Liverpool

http://www.espnfc.com/story/788735/the-treble-club-previous-winners

Below is what UEFA call the treble. Only ignorant Chelsea fans would think Carling cup is a treble

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1490968.html
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 5:16pm On Feb 16, 2015
raumdeuter:

Honours usually considered to contribute to a treble are the top-tier domestic league competition, primary domestic cup competition and most prestigious continental cup competition

Only jesters would say Liverpool won a treble in 2001

This is a 2010 article on previous treble winners no one remembered Liverpool

http://www.espnfc.com/story/788735/the-treble-club-previous-winners

Below is what UEFA call the treble. Only ignorant Chelsea fans would think Carling cup is a treble

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1490968.html

Nuff said.

Thank you.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:41pm On Feb 16, 2015
Only a Chelsea fan would see ESPN and UEFA website evidence but rather point to wikipedia as evidence

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2015
You were saying

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:42pm On Feb 16, 2015
David luiz!!! ! Crazy top lad

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:29pm On Feb 16, 2015
Nice stuff by david luiz. Though na calamity sometimes but one can not fault the guys neva say die attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:53pm On Feb 16, 2015
Johnpaul88:
Trash! grin

We scored 7 goals and conceded only 3 against Atletico not 4. Get your facts right, gentleman! Atletico may have lost to Celta ( we even lost to them in Camp Nou of all places!) but they hold Madrid's number this season which makes Barça's beating thrice on the trot, all the more amazing. grin

Pfft.

Beating a team thrice on the trot doesn't define your strength, depth or even your entire season.

Stop plombing this depth of idiocy.

Johnpaul88: If you are still judging this present Barça by their performances prior to December, then I'm sure you're in for some rude awakening! We have used those period to streamline the squad and get everyone in the same page. Ours is a new team with new coach, so it's easy to see why we were quite inconsistent earlier on. But things are very different now. We have arrived when the season reaches its climax, in a brilliant form. That's a big plus to us.

Brother you're still basking in your delusion.

You guys have been in a good run of form lately no doubt, but the question is who and who have you been up against within that period?

Elche, Villareal, Bilbao, Deportivo, Levante et al?

Did you miss the part where I requested that you humor me some more?

Johnpaul88: If you are waiting for us to play a Bayern, who was given a hiding against Wolfburg last few weeks or a Madrid side, dilapidated by mounting injuries to overused squad or even this inconsistent Chelsea, who rather cowardly, rapidly resort to a defensive shape like some conered rat, once a big team comes around, instead of coming out to match them toe to toe like a fellow big team they themselves are, then I'm sure you'll get your chance to see us reassert ourselves as the best team in the world.

You have to beat the best to become the best and as far as 2014/15 season is concerned, Real, Bayern and Chelsea are the teams to beat.

How inconsistent has Chelsea been? Bayern losing to Wolfsburg doesn't change a thing, they still have a team that's capable of decimating you lot.

Guide your hopes mate, Real would punish Barca again.

Johnpaul88: Every team right now have one or more deficiencies but a brilliant attack of a Messi and Neymar and Suarez, can more than make up for that. Pique is returning to the peak of his powers. If you have failed to notice this then I'm certain you haven't been seeing our matches. grin

So are you gonna sing me the popular flawed war strategy that the best way to defend is to attack?

Pique back to what?

I give up!

Johnpaul88: Suarez not scoring a lot? This is Spanish league! No one comes here and start firing on all cylinder. They of course would need time to adapt. It's not English league, where rejects from Spain, reign over you guyz as king. Look around and you'll see what I'm saying. We sent Cesc and Alexis away after 3 average years in Spain but now they reign in England. Suarez will score alot here but he'll need more time.

Cristiano Ronaldo needed just a game to have his presence felt, needed just 2 seasons to score his 100th Madrid career goal. So what's special about this league? The league's TV revenue getting devoured between two teams must be it cheesy

Suarez is adapting to Barca's boring style of play not the Spanish league. Stop peddling bullcraps.

He was superb at Ajax and Liverpool 'cause he was the team's focal point. Playing now in a system that demands more of his mobility isn't helping his goalscoring exploits.

Suarez adapting in a league where the best defenders are Pique, Pepe, Mussachio etc?

A freaking league where our African Peter Crouch Dayokanu would certainly post double figures before winter?

John Paul, Basketmouth still dey learn work for your hand.

(1) (2) (3) ... (801) (802) (803) (804) (805) (806) (807) ... (19166) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: jolly94, Whizlight(m), iamoyindamola(m), KanielOutis92 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.