Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,901 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (834) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10538667 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (19171) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 9:18am On Mar 11, 2015
TreQuartista:

Kukuma stream the match na, omo mummy. tongue - Football nor reach to put malleh through all that, abeg!

Or find a way to get mummy to get the facilities for you to start watching matches at home. You na proper mummy's pet shar. cheesy

Stream wetin The time wey them go start the match, na that time Network go bad.. 8pm-10:59pm in 9ja, Network is always bad..

And you talking of Facilities; Na only DSTV dey show ball wey make sense for 9ja, and an Average Nigerian Parent will never allow his son in Secondary school to watch ball till 11pm when he ought to be reading..

The best way to go about this thing is the 'Omo Ita' way.. NO DULL AM. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 9:23am On Mar 11, 2015
Bimffo:

Stream wetin The time wey them go start the match, na that time Network go bad.. 8pm-10:59pm in 9ja, Network is always bad..

And you talking of Facilities; Na only DSTV dey show ball wey make sense for 9ja, and an Average Nigerian Parent will never allow his son in Secondary school to watch ball till 11pm when he ought to be reading..

The best way to go about this thing is the 'Omo Ita' way.. NO DULL AM. grin

Criminal!! Omo kpau!!! grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 10:56am On Mar 11, 2015
TreQuartista:

Criminal!! Omo kpau!!! grin grin grin

Baba Faleti, omo kpau bi ibon grin grin
But on a more serious note that guy they dey dull himself truly,whenever there's any important game football or tennis ĺive game ,bros forget tory o, any iroko on the road na to cut am , after the game we go come solve the problem grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 11:20am On Mar 11, 2015
Back then this kind of game at night I zeroed my mind say I go chop Kain if it's Chelsea I rather get beaten than to sit at home listening to brilla fm

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 11:33am On Mar 11, 2015
fredoooooo:

Baba Faleti, omo kpau bi ibon grin grin
But on a more serious note that guy they dey dull himself truly,whenever there's any important game football or tennis ĺive game ,bros forget tory o, any iroko on the road na to cut am , after the game we go come solve the problem grin grin grin

See dem! Omo buttie dem. . . Na una 'get inside' pikin dem dey always police like dat na. tongue

We wey be say na alagemo ti bi'mo e tan, aimoo'jo. . . na im be our way. grin grin grin

Who go fit stop Baba make Baba nor go watch AC - Juve Final? cool

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 12:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
TreQuartista:

See dem! Omo buttie dem. . . Na una 'get inside' pikin dem dey always police like dat na. tongue

We wey be say na alagemo ti bi'mo e tan, aimoo'jo. . . na im be our way. grin grin grin

grin grin grin baba no be so jare ,I no be butty like that jare but you know our parents and big bros and sis attimes go wan show themselves . Them go just wan proof say they are older than you and me sef go let them know say omode gbon agba gbon lafi da ile ife .. grin grin
This reminds me of serena wiIliams vs justine henin game one certain time (wta golden era) . I just tell them mio gbe ile yin mo ,they were like omo yi ti ya were grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 12:09pm On Mar 11, 2015
fredoooooo:

grin grin grin baba no be so jare ,I no be butty like that jare but you know our parents and big bros and sis attimes go wan show themselves . Them go just wan proof say they are older than you and me sef go let them know say omode gbon agba gbon lafi da ile ife .. grin grin
This reminds me of serena wiIliams vs justine henin game one certain time (wta golden era) . I just tell them mio gbe ile yin mo ,they were like omo yi ti ya were grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 12:15pm On Mar 11, 2015
fredoooooo:

Omo garawa ni o! grin

By the time your pikin begin show skills and you wan dey form one kain disciplinarian, e go just clear you say agba wa bu'ra b'ewe o ba se o ri grin cheesy grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2015
TreQuartista:

Omo garawa ni o! grin

By the time your pikin begin show skills and you wan dey form one kain disciplinarian, e go just clear you say agba wa bu'ra b'ewe o ba se o ri grin cheesy grin

Hehehehe

We'll be there to remind him of his wayward past cheesy

Snake no fit born creature wey no long.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by TreQuartista: 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Hehehehe

We'll be there to remind him of his wayward past cheesy

Snake no fit born creature wey no long.

grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 12:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 12:39pm On Mar 11, 2015
TreQuartista:

That final was crayz , but na 90mins I fit watch couldn't catch the extra time and penalty I was sad though but got no choice but to sleep. Stuffs happens back then with our parents jare all na story now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 1:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
If Chelsea game enter extra time how you Wan do am

I remember when I go enter Mayfair hotel during Ife vs Modakeke war to go watch champions League.

Chelsea vs lazio in 2000. The game was now boring ended 0-0 after the match no cab back to campus.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

I remember when I go enter Mayfair hotel during Ife vs Modakeke war to go watch champions League.

Chelsea vs lazio in 2000. The game was now boring ended 0-0 after the match no cab back to campus.

That one na serious issue.

At that very point, you've got your mind on the game and going back home.

Young Pamcode, a 1-1 draw would send us into extra-time, kuku tell your people wetin dey ground. Don't listen to Bimffo, Dyabman or even Fredoooooo.

Those ones dey comot house, return after one week and them mama go still pass food give them grin grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 3:38pm On Mar 11, 2015
raumdeuter:

I was just a juventus supporter all those while all becos of Edgar Davids lol

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 3:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
@pamcode

Na once man dey die , nothing do you jare but make sure you tell momcy ooo I no dey dere oo

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 3:53pm On Mar 11, 2015
Soo many yorubas here............. No lele

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:59pm On Mar 11, 2015
dyabman:

That final was crayz , but na 90mins I fit watch couldn't catch the extra time and penalty I was sad though but got no choice but to sleep. Stuffs happens back then with our parents jare all na story now.

Crazy final I tell you.

I remember I watched it in a bar. Supported AC Milan that night. I watched the game till the last kick. I have this particular spot I scale through on the fence so I don't worry any time I come back late from watching a football match.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 4:12pm On Mar 11, 2015
timbros:

Crazy final I tell you.

I remember I watched it in a bar. Supported AC Milan that night. I watched the game till the last kick. I have this particular spot I scale through on the fence so I don't worry any time I come back late from watching a football match.

Our fence na barbuwire lol you dare not climb over lol..

Anyway , less than 5hrs to that historical game we all are waiting for..

Possible starters

Courtouis

Ivanovic Zouma Terry Azpilicueta

Ramirez Fabregas Matic

Willian Costa Hazard
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:52pm On Mar 11, 2015
Loftus-Cheek is to stay and I think to stay and to play,

I think next year to play, not just to stay. Stay and play. But you don’t have this kind of talent every couple of years so it is also important to make business.

At the age of 18 or 19, sometimes you don’t believe that the player can go in a certain direction so you make a couple of million [through a sale] for a player and you are just happy with that. At academy level you know clearly that not everyone is going to become a player for your first team. So sometimes, if you can capitalize on that and make money in small deals, you can make the money you need to invest again and again and again in the academy to get the right talents that you bring to the first team. Loftus-Cheek is one of those who will stay.

- Mourinho
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 4:55pm On Mar 11, 2015
Cool stuff:

Roy Keane, appearing as a BBC pundit as Manchester United made an FA Cup exit at the hands of Arsenal, had the following to say about the future of his old club. “Louis van Gaal is going to get criticised, you’d expect that, but he’s only been in the door two minutes. Give the man a chance – two or three years. They should have given David Moyes more time but didn’t. What are they going to do, chop and change again? It’s literally a rebuilding job. United not finishing in the top four would be a disaster.”

That seems sensible enough. Fair and calmly reasoned even, all the things one would not normally associate with a Keane reaction. But if United are “literally a rebuilding job”, why exactly is that when they have had 20 years at the top of English football? How can a winning machine that has brought in so much success, money, talent and worldwide acclaim for so long fall to pieces merely through a change of manager?

Granted, Sir Alex Ferguson was never going to be easy to replace. In a quarter of a century at Old Trafford he stamped his personality on the club and made sure he knew about just about everything that was going on. But he left the team as champions, the scouting set up and youth teams were in good working order, a new training facility at Carrington was fully on stream and though Moyes never saw all that much of a transfer kitty it turns out there was £150m in the bank to spend on new players. In his single season at the helm Moyes did not dismantle Ferguson’s old team, nor did he demoralise them, if anything the opposite seems to have been the case. So as United are shopping at the very top end of the managerial market, why could a new boss not come in and carry on pretty much as before? Why is it suddenly a two- or three-year rebuilding project?

Anyone tempted to suggest that carrying on pretty much as before is glib and unrealistic, easier said than done, is advised to study Chelsea’s recent history. Did Chelsea fall apart when José Mourinho left in 2007? No. Despite employing seven subsequent managers in as many years – two of them Avram Grant and André Villas-Boas – Chelsea carried on pretty much as before to the tune of becoming the first London club to win the European Cup, following it up with the Europa League, and won the Premier League in 2010. Only once in the seven-year interregnum between Mourinho’s first and second spells at the club did Chelsea finish outside the top three, and that was the year they won the Champions League under Roberto Di Matteo. The core of Mourinho’s first winning side survived until his return, and perhaps more importantly so did the team’s ethos. Chelsea managed to look like a Mourinho team all the time the manager was away – apart from the odd blip when losing to Sunderland or Wigan – and now he is back they are top of the Premier League table and looking set for another title.
Advertisement

So the question has to be, how did Mourinho manage to put in such strong foundations in a little over three seasons at Stamford Bridge when Ferguson was in charge for more than two decades and now the edifice is crumbling? One accepts that the parallel is not exact. Chelsea were already an accomplished team when Mourinho took over and significant money was available for instant upgrades, whereas United were underperforming badly in 1986 and it took Ferguson several years and quite a bit of lost sleep to sort them out. Yet even if one dates the modern United from their treble win of 1999, that is still 14 years at the top under Ferguson, a full decade longer than Mourinho got at Chelsea first time round.

If the answer to the above question is that Mourinho is some sort of genius, and you never know it might be, then United must be prepared to be reminded over and over again that they could have approached the then Real Madrid manager as a direct replacement for Ferguson. Mourinho was available, and he was interested. United were not, for reasons that do not look any more convincing with the passage of time. Mourinho, it was said, was too full of himself and would divert publicity from the team and the club. A bit like Van Gaal then. Chelsea played boring, defensive football, and the United crowds would never put up with it. Again, see Van Gaal. Mourinho would only sign up for four or five years, he would not be there for the long term like Ferguson. That could be true, except that as he showed at Chelsea he could achieve quite a lot in four or five years, and it is not as if Moyes turned out to be a stayer either. The only thing likely to have put Mourinho off United in 2013 was the apparent financial restrictions being placed on the club by the American owners. It seemed at the time that Moyes was a conveniently cut-price option, though that theory was disproved a year later with the money put at Van Gaal’s disposal.

With hindsight it was probably unrealistic to expect anyone to stay anywhere near as long as Ferguson – however commendable the intentions – because the game has changed so much since the mid-80s and United have grown so big. Van Gaal is only a glorified stop-gap solution, since quite apart from his sticky start in England he is 63 years old and at the wrong end of his career to build a lasting empire. Which brings us back to Keane’s original point.

If Van Gaal gets the two or three years Keane says he deserves, will United like the end product? It already seems clear that his basic philosophy involves patient, possession-based football, a bit like the formula Ferguson used for Europe except that Van Gaal deploys it against Burnley and Sunderland. Without quite such a tradition for attacking football to live up to Chelsea also like to be solid at the back, keep hold of the ball in midfield, and be quick and decisive on the break.

It is just that Mourinho’s version of the same thing manages to be a lot more dynamic than Van Gaal’s. Maybe he has better players to execute the style, but maybe that is because he is shrewder and sharper in the transfer market. By all means give Van Gaal the time he requires – United probably don’t need to be chopping and changing again – but don’t imagine either that two or three years down the line they will be stacking up titles or bringing the crowd to their feet with attacking verve. Because Van Gaal has not even sorted out the defence yet, almost a full season and two transfer windows into his United career. Without that there is no platform on which to build the rest. If this is a reconstruction job, it is already running behind schedule and there is no guarantee that the finished project will be universally admired.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2015
Happy Birthday Didier Legend.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 6:51pm On Mar 11, 2015
Less than 2hrs to kick off .. I can't wait .. tongue
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dyabman(m): 8:00pm On Mar 11, 2015
45mins to go .. I'm catching cold ooo **in Tunde ednut voice**

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:26pm On Mar 11, 2015
Shaktar's 5 attacking players are all Brazilians, whilst the defensive players are from Eastern Europe cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:37pm On Mar 11, 2015
PSG fans are taking no risks on the trains today before they get attacked by Chelsea fans

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 8:41pm On Mar 11, 2015
raumdeuter:
PSG fans are taking no risks on the trains today before they get attacked by Chelsea fans

You neva face una match... grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 11, 2015
Team sheet's out:

Chelsea - Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Cahill, Azpilicueta, Matic, Fabregas, Ramires, Oscar, Hazard, Costa.

Subs - Cech, Zouma, Luis, Drogba, Cuadrado, Remy, Willian

Paris St-Germain - Sirigu, Thiago Silva, Marquinhos, Motta, Cavani, Ibrahimovic, Matuidi, Maxwell, Verratti, Pastore, David Luiz.

Subs - Douchez, Van der Weil, Camara, Digne, Raboit, Lavezzi, Bahebeck.

Seems like Luiz would be partnering Thiago Silva tonite whilst Marquinhos try to keep Hazard at bay.

It's an all-Brazilian defence line that can be exploited.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:17pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ibrahimovic is off!! Nice reaction by the blue boys
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:19pm On Mar 11, 2015
We got Ibra sent off there. He did nothing wrong there.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 9:20pm On Mar 11, 2015
naah. not a red card in a million years. haba
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Fourcade(m): 9:21pm On Mar 11, 2015
Ibime:
We got Ibra sent off there. He did nothing wrong there.

It was supposed to be a Yellow. . .that shit was an error.

The Red Card gave Ibra the attention. . .he was unnoticed. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (831) (832) (833) (834) (835) (836) (837) ... (19171) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: monerozi5590, sunnychibs(m) and 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.