Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,386 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (999) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10532786 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (19167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2015
chic2pimp:
He flopped at Inter let's not sugarcoat it. He came with massive expectation but failed to live up to it. Kind of like the situation you guys are having with cuadrado.

Na so o cheesy grin.... Fiorentina was the better and more stable team over the course of the season.

Anyone who put massive expectations on Shaqiri sef get problems. Shaqiri flopped badly at Bayern and we were eager to get rid of him. Cuadrado was a big player in Fiorentina

Shaqiri used to be good when he was young but his game never matured. He still think football is about dribbling everytime like its underage football thus end up making poor choices holding to the ball for too long or turning it over
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:54pm On Jun 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

Anyone who put massive expectations on Shaqiri sef get problems. Shaqiri flopped badly at Bayern and we were eager to get rid of him. Cuadrado was a big player in Fiorentina
Shaqiri used to be good when he was young but his game never matured. He still think football is about dribbling everytime like its underage football thus end up making poor choices holding to the ball for too long or turning it over

Correct analysis. Shaqiri has always been an 'as the spirit leads' kind of player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:

Correct analysis. Shaqiri has always been an 'as the spirit leads' kind of player.

Those kind of players excel in Under aged tournaments because they are more naturally talented or stronger than their peers but as they grow older their tactical indiscipline comes up and becomes a problem. In pro football no one needs you to dribble 4 players if you would end up losing possession or not make any useful end product with it. C. Ronaldo was like that when he first came too but he was coached out of it

Shaqiri might end up like Marko Marin, Quaresma, Freddy Adu etc

BTW WHats the deal with Mikel sef
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:09pm On Jun 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

Those kind of players excel in Under aged tournaments because they are more naturally talented or stronger than their peers but as they grow older their tactical indiscipline comes up and becomes a problem. In pro football no one needs you to dribble 4 players if you would end up losing possession or not make any useful end product with it. C. Ronaldo was like that when he first came too but he was coached out of it

Forget Mikel, he has one year left so whether he leaves now or next summer, it won't be too long.

My main problem now is Cuadrado.

BTW, why is Xabi Alonso heading to Fernebahce. I wouldn't even mind him at Chelsea for one season.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:

Forget Mikel, he has one year left so whether he leaves now or next summer, it won't be too long.

My main problem now is Cuadrado.

BTW, why is Xabi Alonso heading to Fernebahce. I wouldn't even mind him at Chelsea for one season.

Mikel I heard doesnt want to leave London. Cuadrado was suspect to me everytime I saw him, he was linked with Bayern and I was against that transfer because he plays like a teenager. trying useless tricks that doesnt result to anything. One guy saw him at the world cup doing sttupidd stepovers and was gushing over him. TBH I doubt Cuadrado has a place in top level football. He is 27yrs already (Add South American discount age on top)

I doubt ALonso would leave till 2016 summer. He is quite good at what he does which is picking long range passes at his peak he was like another coach on the field with his vision but he is slow and if you rush/hustle him he would lose the ball and foul you

His problems at Bayern last season was that every midfielder got injured and Alonso was overplayed

Last season Lahm, Scheinisteiger, Martinez and Thiago were all injured making Alonzo play too many matches and tire out towards the end.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:17pm On Jun 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

Mikel is actually interesting Madrid if some reports are to be believed.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 9:40pm On Jun 08, 2015
TRANSFER NEWS

*Chelsea set Bamford price tag
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 9:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nothing as weird as some Nigerians thinking they were gonna defeat a sweden female team... Lolzz...

Wait till brandt and other german devils teach the flying eagles a lesson
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:00pm On Jun 08, 2015
Tval:
TRANSFER NEWS

*Chelsea set Bamford price tag
If u have seen him play, u will know instantly he hasnt reached his destination....... He is not going to make it in that team
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:11pm On Jun 08, 2015
Nihilist:

Mikel is actually interesting Madrid if some reports are to be believed.

That was when Ancelotti was still manager. Real have since bought back Casimero from Porto so I doubt thats gonna happen now.

raumdeuter:

Mikel I heard doesnt want to leave London. Cuadrado was suspect to me everytime I saw him, he was linked with Bayern and I was against that transfer because he plays like a teenager. trying useless tricks that doesnt result to anything. One guy saw him at the world cup doing sttupidd stepovers and was gushing over him. TBH I doubt Cuadrado has a place in top level football. He is 27yrs already (Add South American discount age on top)
I doubt ALonso would leave till 2016 summer. He is quite good at what he does which is picking long range passes at his peak he was like another coach on the field with his vision but he is slow and if you rush/hustle him he would lose the ball and foul you
His problems at Bayern last season was that every midfielder got injured and Alonso was overplayed
Last season Lahm, Scheinisteiger, Martinez and Thiago were all injured making Alonzo play too many matches and tire out towards the end.

Because of that his Russian billionaire girlfriend abi? No wahala, by 2016, he will be playing for West Ham if he still insists on living in London.

Alonso I saw dominate a Man City midfield even with 10 men, although he finally made a mistake that led to the equaliser. I'm sure if Alonso had egbewedger like Javi Martinez or Matic beside him at all times, he can still perform at the highest level just like Pirlo.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
^^ I agree. He needs to be protected. like an NFL quarterback to make his passes. If well protected he can age like Pirlo

chic2pimp, WHats the 411 on Darmian. We are looking at his direction
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:16pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigkesh:

If u have seen him play, u will know instantly he hasnt reached his destination....... He is not going to make it in that team

Never write off a ninja whose game is based on intelligence rather than any outstanding physical or dribbling attribute.

I would not put any limit on Bamfords potential. Certain players like Teddy Sheringham, Raul, Lampard, even Harry Kane, you cannot put your finger on why they excel because they don't dribble and are not fast but their game is based on intelligence. Bamford may yet fall into that category.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:

Never write off a ninja whose game is based on intelligence rather than any outstanding physical or dribbling attribute.

I would not put any limit on Bamfords potential. Certain players like Teddy Sheringham, Raul, Lampard, even Harry Kane, you cannot put your finger on why they excel because they don't dribble and are not fast but their game is based on intelligence. Bamford may yet fall into that category.

This guy knows youre talking about him just that you are scared to mention his name

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:24pm On Jun 08, 2015
raumdeuter:

This guy knows youre talking about him just that you are scared to mention his name

That guy has physical attribute called pace.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:
Liverpool have made a really good signing in Danny Ings. He is the poor man's Aguero, but still good for 15-20 goals in a decent team.

I wouldn't have minded him as our no2 striker but he obviously wouldn't want to sit glued to the bench behind Costa.

Milner is the real deal for me.

Amazing utility player that comes for cheap.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
AirborneLacer:

Milner is the real deal for me.

Amazing utility player that comes for cheap.

Both of them are steady signings. Every squad needs them. I dont know why every player Chelsea are linked with must be in the £20m+ bracket. Thats when you start seeing expensive mistakes like Cuadrado.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 10:42pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:

Well u are right, i remember completely writing off muller..... His current level still baffles me, dude is banging........

Mayb i just dnt like those kinda players cos they are rubbish on Play station grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:45pm On Jun 08, 2015
Ibime:

Both of them are steady signings. Every squad needs them. I dont know why every player Chelsea are linked with must be in the £20m+ bracket. Thats when you start seeing expensive mistakes like Cuadrado.

That's hardly a surprise.

Players valuation tend to escalate when a bid is being made by a high-profile side.

Gone are the days when you'll acquire the services of a solid defender like Ivanovic at a bargain price.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jun 08, 2015
Naija women sabi ball sha.

If not for their profligacy in front of goal, they for tear this overrated Swedes apart.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Odunharry(m): 10:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
1000 loading
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Tval(m): 10:59pm On Jun 08, 2015
I will make sure i am the first to drop a comment on page 1000 grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTR2: 11:06pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigkesh:
Nothing as weird as some Nigerians thinking they were gonna defeat a sweden female team... Lolzz...

Wait till brandt and other german devils teach the flying eagles a lesson
We were the better team na.
With a more tactical coach , we'd have won.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:08pm On Jun 08, 2015
Thank u, u ugly looking buttless swedish bitches for making me a laughing stock in my hostel.... Chai, i av suffered

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
Naija women!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2015
CSTR2:
We were the better team na.
With a more tactical coach , we'd have won.
i agree, but m really really suprised.... Sweden female football is always boom, alongside Germany, usa, brazil and mayb the Asians
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTR2: 11:14pm On Jun 08, 2015
bigkesh:
i agree, but m really really suprised.... Sweden female football is always boom, alongside Germany, usa, brazil and mayb the Asians
Many of our girls play in those countries and are getting exposed to world class female football.
It is only a matter of time before they catch up with the best teams in the world.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by CSTR2: 11:18pm On Jun 08, 2015
If i were the head of the NFF, i will ban Nigerian coaches from managing any national team for the next 10 years, while sending them all to italy and germany to learn tactics.
Those plonkers are good-for-nothing drawbacks.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Jun 08, 2015
CSTR2:
If i were the head of the NFF, i will ban Nigerian coaches from managing any national team for the next 10 years, while sending them all to italy and germany to learn tactics.
The organization on corner kicks was atrocious. Dede should have taken charge when the Swedes were crowding the 6-yard box; she was just flapping at all their corner kicks.

The defensive organization needs to improve on Friday vs Australia.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 11:37pm On Jun 08, 2015
CSTR2:
Many of our girls play in those countries and are getting exposed to world class female football.
It is only a matter of time before they catch up with the best teams in the world.
The Eagles are also exposed.... Yet u know their story....
Lets just say we say a talented squad, but as usual our teams lack tactically.... When last have i seen a tactical Nigeria team, something i see every time i watch any male ghana team shocked
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 08, 2015
CSTR2:

True that.

I was taught that there are two forms of coaching; the strategic coaching - this deals with teaching players how to think, and the tactical coaching which places a lot of emphasis on ''show me how to''.

Most of these indigenous coaches tend to opt for a tactical form of coaching, as it saves them time and the stress to think outside the box. This has been the bane of their coaching careers.

The Swedes were able to punish us with two corner-kicks, 'cos our ladies haven't been taught over the years not to attack the goal-line when a corner is being taken, it was such a funny sight.

No one has been there to provide them with a strategic form of coaching, no one has been there to provide them with the knowledge on how to deal with dead-balls.

This is one of the reasons most good players from Nigeria turn out to be mediocres when they arrive europe.

Just like you rightly pointed, those bunch of airheads needs to be flown abroad for more football education.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 12:31am On Jun 09, 2015
Maduks88:

The open goal was referring to goals outsyd corner,freekick and pk.His league goals outsyd pk from 2010/2011-2014/2015 are 12,7,11,10,10

Then you are buttressing my argument

Maduks88:

I like this ur comment at least you know being a good footballer is not just about scoring goals. He wasn't d only player dat won d treble and didn't score or assist in the final.He won european best cos of his game play
The only game Ribery didn't play that year in the knockout phase we almost got knocked out. He delivered the pre-assist and the assist in the 2013 Final vs Dortmund. Not forgetting how he played vs Juve n Barca
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by mithel(m): 1:00am On Jun 09, 2015
Nihilist:

The beauty of the thread format is that you don't have to comment on an opinion you don't like.

If someone is saying okpata, you can either choose to engage or ignore the post completely. I only respond to some posts here and not all, because in my opinion there is no merit, but some other guys engage because the subject interests them, and why not?

I note that you are waiting for 'somebody to bring transfer news' or 'Ibime to write about how Ramires is Ramires' without actually contributing any meaningful opinions to the discourse.

IMO I think that as long as it's not off topic, and within the 21 rules then the post should be allowed.

I agree that it's daft to opine that Boateng is better than John Terry...but Stupiditty itself is not a crime cheesy

Egbon stupidity is a crime o grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (996) (997) (998) (999) (1000) (1001) (1002) ... (19167) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Sulele04(m), popizaino(m), lordfalcao(m), HOMOTOYOSI10 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.