Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,838 members, 7,810,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:34 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (1981) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10435871 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) (1984) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 5:16pm On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:
Myth Number 3....slightly related to number, but suitably different to be it's own thing.

Emenalo's refusal to buy players is what led to our downfall last season.

Let's here Jose on this:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/nov/20/jose-mourinho-chelsea-board-new-players-transfer-window

If I remember correctly, this was the statement that pissed airmark off greatly.

This particular statement is very instructive.

At this point, Jose is fairly certain that with the players he has, he should be able to do better than 16th place which was where we were, alliteratively speaking cheesy

Here you have a manager that didnt believe that the solution was to buy his way out of trouble. Matic was one of the worst offenders at the time....is it coincindental that Jose is reportedly coming back for him anyway?

Earlier today I informed you that this wasn't Mourinho talking but certainly Emenalo. I also informed you that this isn't the first time our incompetent technical director would be putting a manager in the picture, I supported my claim with Rafa's comments on Lampard and Cole's departure.

Now I'll go further to provide you with Jose's comments after our title winning season:

At the launch of BT Sport’s Champions League coverage in early June Jose Mourinho revealed what he wanted to add to his title-winning Chelsea squad.

“I want a striker, because we lost our legend (Didier Drogba),” he stated. “Also a defender and a midfield player to give a little bit more competitiveness to the squad, bring some new blood in, put some players a little bit under pressure.

“They know they have someone waiting, I need that to support my way of working. Now they’re the champions I need that. But basically the same squad, the same team, the same manager, stability in the club.”

Six weeks later and Chelsea have signed Radamel Falcao – a striker – on loan to replace Drogba and Asmir Begovic – a goalkeeper – as back-up, with Petr Cech having left for Arsenal.

And that has been it.

There have been deals for young players such as the exciting Brazilian teenagers Nathan and Kenedy but they are not expected to go straight into the first team squad.

There is plenty of time left in the window for Chelsea to remedy that even if, traditionally, Mourinho has always wanted his main transfer business done by the time his squad touches down for pre-season training. Indeed, he has insisted upon it.

Given the speed and efficiency Chelsea have shown in the transfer market in the last couple of years – with Mourinho’s key ally, the club director Marina Granovskaia, in charge of deals – it is surprising they have not been more decisive this summer.

Mourinho is not a manager renowned for patience. This time last year Chelsea had signed Diego Costa, Cesc Fabregas, Filipe Luis – a striker, midfielder and defender – at a combined cost of around £80million, had sold David Luiz for £50million and were still to bring in Loic Remy.

The surgery this summer does not need to be so drastic. But some is needed.

• How could Chelsea line up next season?

Chelsea have a far better squad than the one Mourinho inherited and have built it while balancing the books - quite brilliantly, in fact.

But is it enough? Mourinho demands continued improvement and Chelsea have not strengthened this summer. They have not improved. He will be acutely aware of the spending by the Manchester clubs and will be weighing up whether Chelsea are doing enough.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/11743279/Chelsea-lack-of-signings-will-worry-Jose-Mourinho.html

The words in red are Jose's comments, how he went from that to we don't have to sign should have you thinking. Emenalo's effect!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:17pm On May 26, 2016
pamcode:
Looks like a tug of war to me. First party says Emenalo is to take the lion share of the blame for how we found ourselves with such a weak, thin and spineless squad. The other party says Emenalo isnt to be blamed because he isn't the one that that recruits play or doesn't have a final say in recruiting players.

He has no point.

He is an obsessed nigga who wakes up to see whatever Ibimes view is, then looks for the opposite position and tries to sound smart. It did not start today.

These are his arguments.

(1.) He started off claiming the managers are at fault
(2.) Then he switched to claiming Emenalo made good signings
(3.) if thats not working, blame Mike Forde
(4.) Oh here's another diversion. . . let's blame Marina the CEO for choosing players (because he read she is involved in player transactions ie agreeing contracts) grin

When all this isn't getting through, pull out the nuclear option which everyone would agree with. . .

(5.) Blame Roman!!!

You see how a nigga keep jumping from pillar to post?

When a madman goes naked in the market, it his kinsmen that feel the shame, not him.

Yes we all know the bad side of Romans interference (especially foisting incompetent people like Emenalo on competent people).

However Roman did not tell Emenalo to go and buy Marko Marin, Christian Atsu, Victor Moses, Adrian, Kenedy, Schurrle, Willian, Oscar and 100 other wingers, and tell Emenalo he cannot have £10m to buy Wanyama when RDM asked for him. Neither did Roman handcuff him from buying any central midfielders, even the ones that cost less than Victor Moses to strengthen the spine of the team.

Every man on the street knows the job of a Technical Director, especially one as powerful as Emenalo, yet one clown will be jumping from pillar to post blaming Mike Forde, Marina Graianovska grin and Issa Hayatou.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 5:19pm On May 26, 2016
You call yourself technical director, you think ramires and mikel pivot can make us win the league.
Na rubbish player emenalo dey scout.
Marko marin the geman messi, where is he now?
Christian atsu nko? Dem plenty like dat.........
I need emenalo's contact, I get one akowonjo messi for him to sign.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 5:31pm On May 26, 2016
Read about 3 pages and got me thinking, do you guys believe everything you read?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:33pm On May 26, 2016
Griffon, you're not based in the UK so you probably don't understand how media operates here.

Where do you think transfer rumours come from?

One of the articles Ibime posted here was from a journalist that has been sued multiple times, most recently by Rafa Benitez, and his paper had to publish an apology.

And that paper is one of the biggest in the UK.

News of the World was one of the biggest in the UK that was forced to close down due to phone hacking. They were sued by many for false reporting including Wayne Rooney.

Even the Daily mail you quoted as a credible site is currently in court getting sued by Drogba for false reporting. Google Daily Mail lawsuits and see how many are pending or have been successful.

Until the court decided otherwise, the articles prompting the lawsuits would have been treated as 'credible' by yourself.

You made an interesting point about how most fans don't know about the internal politicking at Chelsea.

So how does the journalist reporting all this politicking know? Is he invited to the board room? Is he a fly on the wall in the dressing room? Without any direct quotes from the people they are reporting about, how can you be sure that what you read was fact and not fiction?

I would really like you to tackle this question.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:34pm On May 26, 2016
FBS:
Read about 3 pages and got me thinking, do you guys believe everything you read?

Get out of my head! cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:35pm On May 26, 2016
Griffon your last post is funny sha. It's like you don't remember Jose'said comments on the Falcao signing cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2016
Dongorgon5:
You call yourself technical director, you think ramires and mikel pivot can make us win the league.
Na rubbish player emenalo dey scout.
Marko marin the geman messi, where is he now?
Christian atsu nko? Dem plenty like dat.........
I need emenalo's contact, I get one akowonjo messi for him to sign.

A Technical Director has been seeing structural faults at Chelsea for 4 years, and someone is telling us he does not have the power of a Technical Director, and we should blame Marina, a lady from USA who has never kicked a football in her life. grin grin grin Does Marina scout and recommend players?

The TD should kindly step aside for Marina if he doesn't know his work.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:50pm On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:
Griffon your last post is funny sha. It's like you don't remember Jose'said comments on the Falcao signing cheesy

Jose is solely responsible for the frauds signing.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:53pm On May 26, 2016
usbcable:

click for where?
my money stays in me pocket.

gimme free access

Because you be my guy... cool

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 5:55pm On May 26, 2016
Dmcdad how far na? grin Where is your money? angry grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Dongorgon5(m): 5:56pm On May 26, 2016
Ibime:

A Technical Director has been seeing structural faults at Chelsea for 4 years, and someone is telling us he does not have the power of a Technical Director, and we should blame Marina, a lady from USA who has never kicked a football in her life. grin grin grin Does Marina scout and recommend players?

The TD should kindly step aside for Marina if he doesn't know his work.
It just a matter of time, before conte clash with emenalo.
That guy no get chill@all.
He wants to bring 5 of his backroom staff, but someone at stamford bridge is blocking that move.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:12pm On May 26, 2016
coded01:

Because you be my guy... cool

Guy this your paddy,paddy no go work for here o..!

If you no go collect money from your guys,make Dayo come take over angry cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:12pm On May 26, 2016
I think I've been very clear on my Emenalo stance.

1. You can't blame for him for a team's slump from 1St to 16th. That is quite daft as he doesn't manage the first team.

2. You can't blame him exclusively for not signing the players you want. That is also quite daft because the Chelsea board clearly outline their internal structure and chain of command on their website.

3.If you insist that Emenalo was responsible for the teams slump due to poor recruiting, what happened to the likes of Lukaku DeBruyne, Costa, Courtouis etc?

4. If you insist that the Chelsea website contains false information, how do you know that the papers are right?

If that constitutes jumping from pillar to post, then we really should mourn for your mind. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:20pm On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:

1. You can't blame for him for a team's slump from 1St to 16th. That is quite daft as he doesn't manage the first team.

2. You can't blame him exclusively for not signing the players you want. That is also quite daft because the Chelsea board clearly outline their internal structure and chain of command on their website.

3.If you insist that Emenalo was responsible for the teams slump due to poor recruiting, what happened to the likes of Lukaku DeBruyne, Costa, Courtouis etc?

4. If you insist that the Chelsea website contains false information, how do you know that the papers are right?

If that constitutes jumping from pillar to post, then we really should mourn for your mind. cheesy

Quit all your jagbajantis.

On one hand Emenalo signed good players, but on the other hand it was Mike Forde, Issa Hayatou and Marina Graianovska who signed them (because you read on Chelsea website she is involved in transfer negotiations) grin grin

When you are finished with your display, ask your kinsmen to come and carry you from the market.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 6:22pm On May 26, 2016
Ibime I think the reason why you see Nihilist mentioning Forde, Marina etc and even Roman in his debates is because he wants to prove that Emenalo doesn't have the absolute decision making in all those flop signings.

Remember the original debate started with almost everyone blaming Emenalo for everything happening in Chelsea now, starting from 2012 abi '11. Nihilist is trying to prove that there are names higher than Emenalo at some point in decision making during this period hence the names.

@Griffon what do you think, who has more power in decision making as per player signing, Emenalo or Marina? Who of the two has more power to accept or reject a player to be signed?

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:25pm On May 26, 2016
Nihilist:

Bro, I highlighted your point number three because I think that is were you are getting the entire thing mixed up.

Ibime,Griffon and co. havent made any claim on Emenalo not making any good signings over the years. Their issue is with him not addressing or refusing to address key areas in the team over a long period.e.g. the midfield. In this, he is completely culpable.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:28pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

Bro, I highlighted your point number three because I think that is were you are getting the entire thing mixed up.

Ibime,Griffon and co. havent made any claim on Emenalo not making any good signings over the years. Their issue is with him not addressing or refusing to address key areas in the team over a long period.e.g. the midfield. In this, he is completely culpable.

Who should take the credit for Fabregas and Matic?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 6:33pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

Guy this your paddy,paddy no go work for here o..!

If you no go collect money from your guys,make Dayo come take over angry cheesy

grin grin grin

Usbcable na special guest... cool

Make dmcdad no come form alaye for here... Just bring dollars come... angry grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:36pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

I didn't get a single thing wrong.

You need to re-read the debate from the beginning.

The claim was that Emenalo was responsible for "destroying" the team. The claim was that Emenalo failed to present a clear vision for the manager. The claim was that Emenalo was deliberately sabotaging try first team managers by poor signings.

Hence Dayo's question just now.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:37pm On May 26, 2016
timbros:
Ibime I think the reason why you see Nihilist mentioning Forde, Marina etc and even Roman in his debates is because he wants to prove that Emenalo doesn't have the absolute decision making in all those flop signings.

Remember the original debate started with almost everyone blaming Emenalo for everything happening in Chelsea now, starting from 2012 abi '11. Nihilist is trying to prove that there are names higher than Emenalo at some point in decision making during this period hence the names.

@Griffon what do you think, who has more power in decision making as per player signing, Emenalo or Marina? Who of the two has more power to accept or reject a player to be signed?

Roman will not turn down £10m request from Emenalo to sign Wanyama if Emenalo asked for him as per RDM request, yet give him dozens of millions to buy Victor Moses, Cristian Atsu, Marko Marin and co. There is a clear policy over the years to neglect the spine of the team. Those of us who have longer memories back to 2007 may argue that the sparse midfield is a policy to clear space for his brother Mikel who supported him when he came to Chelsea when everyone was looking down on him, but that is an argument for another day.

Mike Forde is not a factor

Marina handles financial negotiations when Roman agrees to fund Emenalo targets.

Technical Direction is the job of the technical director.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:38pm On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Matic and fabregas in how many years dayo? Is that the way a club should be run?

Your team had schweni yet they bought Alonzo, got thiago and Martinez (abi what is the Spaniards name). Sold schweni got Vidal. Just at the end of the season, you guys have gotten another body in the same midfield.

Take a look a CFC, who replaced makalele essien,ballack,lampard and co.? I sincerely doubt any of our present midfield players can fit into any of the top clubs in the entire Europe at the moment.

I don't even want to bother about our defence.

See how your team is trying to replace robbery for example, not stockpiling young players all over Europe.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:40pm On May 26, 2016
coded01:
Dmcdad how far na? grin Where is your money? angry grin
Which money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:42pm On May 26, 2016
coded01:

grin grin grin

Usbcable na special guest... cool

Make dmcdad no come form alaye for here... Just bring dollars come... angry grin
Abeg who dey share money?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:46pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

Matic and fabregas in how many years dayo? Is that the way a club should be run?

Your team had schweni yet they bought Alonzo, got thiago and Martinez (abi what is the Spaniards name). Sold schweni got Vidal. Just at the end of the season, you guys have gotten another body in the same midfield.

Take a look a CFC, who replaced makalele essien,ballack,lampard and co.? I sincerely doubt any of our present midfield players can fit into any of the top clubs in the entire Europe at the moment.

See how your team is trying to replace robbery for example, not stockpiling young players all over Europe.

2010/2011 season midfielders for Chelsea were Essien, Ramires, Lampard, Benayoun, Mikel, Malouda Mceachran.

Minus Lampard who among these were quality as at 2010/11. Take note of the player form in around that time

That was the midfield before Emenalo stepped into Chelsea oo

Now you have Matic, Mikel, Fabregas, Willian Oscar, Pedro RLC

Tell me sincerely was the midfield above better than the below?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 6:46pm On May 26, 2016
dmcdad:

All this Warri boys sef with their agbakara eye. Dmcdad na you him dey talk to. Pls pay up or no come look fight for here. angry cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:46pm On May 26, 2016
raumdeuter:

Mourinho pushed for those.

Those are the only 1st team central midfield signings Chelsea have made since 2012 and it took a manager of power to wrestle momentary control to push that through

In the same time frame Bayern have signed 1. Javi Martinez, 2. Tiago Alcantara, 3. Xabi Alonso, 4. Sebastian Rode, 5. Joshua Kimmich and 6. Arturo Vidal in addition to what they already had before and Lahm and co who can play there.

Tell me what policy is being pursued here. If Bayern TDs see manager after manager struggling to rely on David Luiz and Kurt Zouma in midfield and begging for central midfield signing, yet consistently argue against it and ignore that area, what policy will you say they are pursuing?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 6:50pm On May 26, 2016
Ibime:

Mourinho pushed for those.

Those are the only 1st team central midfield signings Chelsea have made since 2011 and it took a manager of power to wrestle momentary control to push that through

In the same time frame Bayern have signed 1. Javi Martinez, 2. Tiago Alcantara, 3. Xabi Alonso, 4. Sebastian Rode, 5. Joshua Kimmich and 6. Arturo Vidal in addition to what they already had before and Lahm and co who can play there.

Tell me what policy is being pursued here. If Bayern TDs see manager after manager struggling to rely on David Luiz and Kurt Zouma in midfield and begging for central midfiekd signing, yet consistently argue against it and ignore that area, what policy will you say they are pursuing?

What happened to Raul Merreiles, Oriol Romeu, Oscar, van Ginkel. What type of midfielders are those?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 6:50pm On May 26, 2016
dmcdad:

No start dat one! angry

You wan form special guest... angry

Just use agbero style enter... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 6:51pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

The question here is whether Emenalo is the sole reason Chelsea don't have midfielders.

I've posted direct interviews from the owner of the club, to the Director of Football, to the former assistant manager all stating that the Chelsea managers have a say in who gets bought.

I've posted the chain of command describing who is responsible for what during the recruitment process.

Even the biggest hater, posted an article quoting Emenalo stating that he could not be sure if the player he was scoutinho would be signed by Chelsea.

I can post an interview with Emenalo who confirms that the club went in for Stones but Everton refused to sell. And we all know Jose was the one publicly courting Stones in the media

So if all these people are involved with a transfer at any given time, why is it Emenalo that is to blame?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by coded01: 6:56pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

All this Warri boys sef with their agbakara eye. Dmcdad na you him dey talk to. Pls pay up or no come look fight for here. angry cheesy

I just look am see as he use warri style... angry grin

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:57pm On May 26, 2016
diggz:

Me keh... I no be Warri guy na. Me na confirm Edo guy.cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (1978) (1979) (1980) (1981) (1982) (1983) (1984) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Leyqute(m), DynamoDeGreat and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.