Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2010) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10436100 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (19109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:
Griffon I don't think you understand how easy it is to wake up this morning, decide to go to France this afternoon, and be there by 6pm without thinking about applying for Visa cheesy

Hehehe. The thing is freaking neat, I mean neat. Phuck those god-damned paper-works. I saw long queues snaking down roads from many polling stations, hope you got involved?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:39pm On Jun 23, 2016
Griffon:

Hehehe. The thing is freaking neat, I mean neat. Phuck those god-damned paper-works. I saw long queues snaking down roads from many polling stations, hope you got involved?

I'm not voting.

I would vote remain if I was though.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 2:49pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

I'm not voting.

I would vote remain if I was though.

Educate me. What could be your reasons?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by fredoooooo: 2:55pm On Jun 23, 2016
chic2pimp:

Sharrrappppp grin.....We already knew we would be playing spain anyways after their game vs croatia. We no dey fear anyone. Bring em'. The necessary steps have been taken. My babalawo has been consulted. The gods have been appeased. So no shaking tongue grin grin grin

Look at you using Google translate trying to speak italian. grin grin

Lmao at Google translation grin grin,Non credi ne anche a te stesso tongue grin
Well babalawo and the gods will use ya goats and cows to celebrate him papa burial grin grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:02pm On Jun 23, 2016
Griffon:

Educate me. What could be your reasons?

That talk would be too long...but i'll just mention some key points.

Visa-less travel to 20+ European destinations

Financial risk of leaving the EU might not be commensurate to percieved benefits

Not everyone voting leave is a racist, but you can bet all of the racists are voting leave.

Then again I'm a lazy sob not particularly interested in voting. I'm not even registered. So, yeah..

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 3:05pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Not everyone voting leave is a racist, but you can bet all of the racists are voting leave.

Shebi the EU countries are mostly white Caucasian themselves. Or which other races are involved

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:27pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

That talk would be too long...but i'll just mention some key points.

Visa-less travel to 20+ European destinations

Financial risk of leaving the EU might not be commensurate to percieved benefits

Then again I'm a lazy sob not particularly interested in voting. I'm not even registered. So, yeah..

I'd love to have you buttress most of the points raised but that would be in your spare time.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Shebi the EU countries are mostly white Caucasian themselves. Or which other races are involved

That's why I said too long... cheesy

There are a number of things genuinely wrong with the EU as it currently exists, and each one of the reasons are genuine grounds to cause Member nations to seriously consider their continued membership , but in the UK the argument has basically devolved into an Argument about immigration.

Right now, any fool can wake up in Poland, Greece, Italy, Spain etc and decide that he's going to live in the UK, and be here by nightfall. Generally the people that would be willing to uproot themselves to move to the UK with no offer of a job and not a word of English tend to be lower skilled, from the poorer economies of the EU...and because they have nothing to lose, they can afford to take any dead job in the UK, for wages lower than normal...creating downward pressure on wages.

So basically, it's become a 'foreigners taking our jobs' kind of problem for the (generally lazy)working class of the UK(The term working class is used differently in the UK to the way it is in Nigeria).

Anyway, it's led to a lot of Xenophobic tension here, and the campaign has become really ugly. An MP(Like a Senator) got murdered last week by a crazy british man who believed she was a traitor to Brits because she favoured remaining in the EU.

If these ones don't like White People from outside the UK, I don't think they will look too kindly on us who are non-white grin

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 3:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Racists and xenophobes.
And it would be easier to keep the darker skinned peeps out if you are in total control of your borders and can screen who comes in
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 3:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Griffon:

I'd love to have you buttress most of the points raised but that would be in your spare time.

Honestly, It's too long.

afrodoc2:

Racists and xenophobes.
And it would be easier to keep the darker skinned peeps out if you are in total control of your borders and can screen who comes in

Lol

It's already very difficult for non-EU immigrants to get in. You would have to be extremely desperate to try to live here without papers....and it would be a terrible existence.

The problem is that the vast majority of the racists are too daft to see that the demand for cheap fresh agricultural produce all year round, in conjunction with a labour wage system in dire need of reform is what is causing the influx of eastern europeans to the farmlands and factories of the UK.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:07pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:
That's why I said too long... cheesy

There are a number of things genuinely wrong with the EU as it currently exists, and each one of the reasons are genuine grounds to cause Member nations to seriously consider their continued membership , but in the UK the argument has basically devolved into an Argument about immigration.

Right now, any fool can wake up in Poland, Greece, Italy, Spain etc and decide that he's going to live in the UK, and be here by nightfall. Generally the people that would be willing to uproot themselves to move to the UK with no offer of a job and not a word of English tend to be lower skilled, from the poorer economies of the EU...and because they have nothing to lose, they can afford to take any dead job in the UK, for wages lower than normal...creating downward pressure on wages.

So basically, it's become a 'foreigners taking our jobs' kind of problem for the (generally lazy)working class of the UK(The term working class is used differently in the UK to the way it is in Nigeria).

Anyway, it's led to a lot of Xenophobic tension here, and the campaign has become really ugly. An MP(Like a Senator) got murdered last week by a crazy british man who believed she was a traitor to Brits because she favoured remaining in the EU.

If these ones don't like White People from outside the UK, I don't think they will look too kindly on us who are non-white grin

afrodoc2:

Racists and xenophobes.

Its similar here but the hate is not towards white people but to people of other skin color especially Latinos. Its the mainstay of Trumps campaign they take our jobs, they are criminals, they are rapissts, etc

But which job do they take? Ever since I've been in America they are the ones who do jobs born American are too big to do. e.g all toilets I have been to in Amerca gets cleaned by Mexicans, all hotel cleaners are mexicans, most of the people who do landscaping ate Mexicans, agricultural and farm jobs are Mexicans, a large number of contruction are Mexicans, they are like the type of jobs we give Aboki and Calabar people to do in Yorubaland (digging wells and soak away to houseboy/girl). personally I like the Hispanics they make things cheaper

E.g to move, I can hire 3 mexicans for 4hrs and pay them $200 for all of them. when I went to a friends place who just moved to a white state, No Mexican the company he called for movers said the base money they take is $1300 even if they only lift a cup. Then $250 per hour rate after the initial $1300 for 2 men.

To play devils advocate too, If you are white and a job you could have easily made $2000 some 3 Mexicans did it for $200 then you would likely be pissed. Now given that the world had a recession recently and there are less jobs to go around, the easy target are immigrants

It is similar to what happened in the 80's with Nigerians and Ghana must go. Transfer of job loss aggression

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 4:18pm On Jun 23, 2016
Griffon:
Poland vs Switzerland - Saturday June 25, 2pm, Saint-Etienne

Wales vs Northern Ireland- Saturday June 25, 5pm, Paris

Croatia vs Portugal- Saturday June 25, 8pm, Lens

France vs Republic of Ireland- Sunday June 26, 2pm, Lyon

Germany vs Slovakia- Sunday June 26, 5pm, Lille

Hungary vs Belgium- Sunday June 26, 8pm, Toulouse

Italy vs Spain- Monday June 27, 5pm, Saint-Denis

England vs Iceland- Monday June 27, 8pm, Nice

Quarter-finals:

Switzerland/Poland vs Croatia/Portugal- Thursday June 30, 8pm, Marseille

Wales/Northern Ireland vs Hungary/Belgium- Friday July 1, 8pm, Lille

Germany/Slovakia vs Italy/Spain- Saturday July 2, 8pm, Bordeaux

France/Republic of Ireland vs England/Iceland- Sunday July 3, 8pm, Saint-Denis

This sh1t is easy. Thrash Hamsik and his fellow comrades, then eviscerate the brainless goons from Italy as usual. cool

Ah! Holy sh** lipsrsealed.... So soon.... Cant we meet any of dose two devils in final or anyting angry....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:22pm On Jun 23, 2016
Afrodoc2, nihilist, ibime

What would your opinion be if you were a born British Mechanic or career houseboy or those careers threatened by EU immigrants

Though I know the reason most of you favor it is because of cheap ashanas from Poland and Hungary. So I can't really blame you. Prick needs to chop
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:23pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Its similar here but the hate is not towards white people but to people of other skin color especially Latinos. Its the mainstay of Trumps campaign they take our jobs, they are criminals, they are rapissts, etc

But which job do they take? Ever since I've been in America they are the ones who do jobs born American are too big to do. e.g all toilets I have been to in Amerca gets cleaned by Mexicans, all hotel cleaners are mexicans, most of the people who do landscaping ate Mexicans, agricultural and farm jobs are Mexicans, a large number of contruction are Mexicans, they are like the type of jobs we give Aboki and Calabar people to do in Yorubaland (digging wells and soak away to houseboy/girl). personally I like the Hispanics they make things cheaper

E.g to move, I can hire 3 mexicans for 4hrs and pay them $200 for all of them. when I went to a friends place who just moved to a white state, No Mexican the company he called for movers said the base money they take is $1300 even if they only lift a cup. Then $250 per hour rate after the initial $1300 for 2 men.

To play devils advocate too, If you are white and a job you could have easily made $2000 some 3 Mexicans did it for $200 then you would likely be pissed. Now given that the world had a recession recently and there are less jobs to go around, the easy target are immigrants

It is similar to what happened in the 80's with Nigerians and Ghana must go. Transfer of job loss aggression

Yup more or less.

But it's the unskilled British labour force that are suffering the effects. They are unwilling to live 4 in a room,and work long hours for peanuts like the Eastern Europeans.

At least the mexicans are mainly illegal and cant rely on state benefits. The EEs can claim benefits(welfare cheque) immediately they landed(though this has recently been changed), claim free healthcare, send their children to free schools, etc putting even more strain on the safety net of the poor and unskilled (and lazy)Brits.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:33pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

Yup more or less.

But it's the unskilled British labour force that are suffering the effects. They are unwilling to live 4 in a room,and work long hours for peanuts like the Eastern Europeans.

At least the mexicans are mainly illegal and cant rely on state benefits. The EEs can claim benefits(welfare cheque) immediately they landed(though this has recently been changed), claim free healthcare, send their children to free schools, etc putting even more strain on the safety net of the poor and unskilled (and lazy)Brits.

I agree. I'm republican and I talk to most of these white collar folks and that's their sentiments
And honestly it sounds somehow to tell them it's because they are unskilled they have to compete. Like can I come to your papa house and tell you to let's compete for food or bedspace?

Only protected professions are safe like medicine law accounting. If You're in IT let's say a million Romanians flood uk with their skills they'll either send you out of work or lower your wages since they can do what you do for 90% less money.

If they have a policy of hiring 1 Nigerian when there were 5 compared to when we have 500 Nigerians for the same 1 spot

Also immigrants tend to have higher birth rate so oyinbo go dey think say what would happen to his grand children in 100yrs time. Would they start racism against his own descendants or even enslaving his grand kids
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:34pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

What would your opinion be if you were a born British Mechanic or career houseboy or those careers threatened by EU immigrants

Though I know the reason most of you favor it is because of cheap ashanas from Poland and Hungary. So I can't really blame you. Prick needs to chop

You have no excuse to be a career houseboy in the UK.

Free education to University level. Student loan that you don't start paying back until you start earning a minimum salary. Abundance of internships, scholarships and grants. Massive investment in sports/

This is not US. The government actually takes care its own here. If you have all these opportunities and you're still annoyed because you can't get bricklayer job or shitpacking job, you deserve to lose your place to an immigrant.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 4:37pm On Jun 23, 2016
bigkesh:
Pedro has hinted at a potential return to Barcelona, less than a year after leaving Camp Nou for Chelsea

Dmcdad,Ollah1...Abeg make una come carry una thing,Just return our money
Which money
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

You have no excuse to be a career houseboy in the UK.

Free education to University level. Student loan that you don't start paying back until you start earning a minimum salary. Abundance of internships, scholarships and grants. Massive investment in sports/

This is not US. The government actually takes care its own here. If you have all these opportunities and you're still annoyed because you can't get bricklayer job or shitpacking job, you deserve to lose your place to an immigrant.

Not everyone is smart enough to make it by book. His calling might be in something else like cutting grass or digging well or even sucking dickss for a living so why does he or she have to compete with eastern European grasscutters or cocksuckerss who charge way less

Are we going to say he doesn't have a right to a livelihood in his fatherland because he's not smart? If it doesn't work out for you, you can always go back to Bariga where would he go to?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 4:42pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

I agree. I'm republican and I talk to most of these white collar folks and that's their sentiments
And honestly it sounds somehow to tell them it's because they are unskilled they have to compete. Like can I come to your papa house and tell you to let's compete for food or bedspace?

Only protected professions are safe like medicine law accounting. If You're in IT let's say a million Romanians flood uk with their skills they'll either send you out of work or lower your wages since they can do what you do for 90% less money.

If they have a policy of hiring 1 Nigerian when there were 5 compared to when we have 500 Nigerians for the same 1 spot

lol

In my field, I'm competing with indians for the immigrant seat at the IT table...and in general, wages are dropping.

The key is constant improvement. I take certain certifications, attend seminars, etc to keep myself relevant, and keep my wages constant or on the increase.

You will never see Nihilist sitting on his thumbs and crying that he can't get alabaro work.

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:48pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Omo I no send the vote sef. I believe in controlling immigration, and am naturally conservative, but at the same time I have witnessed first hand the difficulty of trying to import goods from outside the EU into the EU. Either way I'm not fussed. Team no voting.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:52pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ibime:

Omo I no send the vote sef. I believe in controlling immigration, at the same time I have witnessed first hand the difficulty of trying to import goods from outside the EU into the EU. Either way I'm not fussed. Team no voting.
I believe in controlling too (but after my family don enter finish grin grin ,)
What are these difficulty in importing goods?

If they want to import goods made in Europe they should think of protecting local manufacturers of the same type of goods and also pay the right custom and excise duties
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:17pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

If they want to import goods made in Europe they should think of protecting local manufacturers of the same type of goods and also pay the right custom and excise duties

Thief Ole carry am go.

UK doesn't really manufacture much. They run a service based economy and quite heavy importers of goods ranging from cars to football players.

This is one of the many reasons why a huge financial hit is being predicted as a potential outcome if brexit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 6:53pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Not everyone is smart enough to make it by book. His calling might be in something else like cutting grass or digging well or even sucking dickss for a living so why does he or she have to compete with eastern European grasscutters or cocksuckerss who charge way less

Are we going to say he doesn't have a right to a livelihood in his fatherland because he's not smart? If it doesn't work out for you, you can always go back to Bariga where would he go to?

I don't live in the UK but i have had extended visits. Dayo you need to understand how indolent many of these Britons are. Most of it stems from this system of social welfare that they run whereby for many people it pays more not to work than to work. Then you factor in the fact that education, health care e.t.c are relatively free.
You get a toxic dynamic whereby hardworking people are being taxed and it seems punished to provide for the health care, housing, education and pints at the pub of the lazy half.
So u get a whole generation of people raised in this kind of environment finding it difficult to compete in the hustle of post- recession Europe with the Eastern Europeans etc. They believe their best bet is to keep the other Europeans out and safeguard their jobs, but many are not thinking of how such an exit would affect provision of goods
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by FBS: 8:26pm On Jun 23, 2016
So what now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:30pm On Jun 23, 2016
raumdeuter:

Barriers to immigration from Nigeria will be no less harsh if Britain leaves. Na Romanians, Eritreans, Somalians and Kurds go suffer am pass. Naija man entry to UK remains the same - through Schooling or Professional career.

raumdeuter:

It's more about the difficulty of exporting goods to the EU.

If Britain leaves, they might (probably not given their buying power) be subject to duties, and quality certification.

The EU certificate is one of the biggest barriers to entry for African produce farmers for example. Currently Tunisia is the only African country whose National Certification body has been granted permission to brand agricultural produce with EU Certificate. What this means is that Independent (private) European certification bodies can control who gets to import into the EU. It is why Tesco can easily go to Kenya and import flowers, get it stamped with EU certification by one of these bodies and bring it in but Mama Olabode cannot easily go to Alaba market, buy crayfish, put it in reefer container and ship to EU. It must pass through a factory that has been certified and given EU number. Some years ago I was looking to import some cashews from Gambia but I was told it must pass through certain factories for processing and bagging to get the EU number, na so cost of sales begin rise beyond the risk I was willing to bear. That's why the African market is dominated by larger players with better economies of scale if not any Ikenna or Yomi could put Palm Oil or Cassava on Maersk line to Europe and start reaping rewards. I doubt Britain would face the same barriers though because their National Food regulation agencies should meet EU certification standard easily.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 11:44pm On Jun 23, 2016
Nihilist:

He apparently has a long history with regards to mental illness.

Voted to Remain. Weighted up the pros and cons of both sides and decided that staying in the EU was the best option. Have to say though, getting Boris Johnson on the leave side was a very smart move. He has a certain aura or should I say charisma about him that would have swayed many voters still sitting on the fence.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chelseafan1: 1:38am On Jun 24, 2016
raumdeuter:

Nawa for America o, bro, do u think its advisable to stay in naija if one gets a job in naija that u can save up to 100k every month after all expenses have been taken cared of than relocating to the USA to do these kinda dirty jobs??
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 5:06am On Jun 24, 2016
chic2pimp:

He apparently has a long history with regards to mental illness.
Voted to Remain. Weighted up the pros and cons of both sides and decided that staying in the EU was the best option. Have to say though, getting Boris Johnson on the leave side was a very smart move. He has a certain aura or should I say charisma about him that would have swayed many voters still sitting on the fence.

BoJo is almost certainly going to be the next PM now after delivering this Brexit victory...
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by SIRcumalot: 6:48am On Jun 24, 2016
raumdeter is a black republican.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:31am On Jun 24, 2016
David Cameron resigns!

I'm already regretting not calling in sick today.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:49am On Jun 24, 2016
Nihilist:

BoJo is almost certainly going to be the next PM now after delivering this Brexit victory...

Definitely Bro. I knew Boris campaigning for the 'Vote To Leave' side would have a major effect on the outcome of the vote.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Kolade354(m): 8:54am On Jun 24, 2016
We need referendum here in naija too.
Make we dissolve this marriage that will never work.
Give igbo biafra make dem go.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (2007) (2008) (2009) (2010) (2011) (2012) (2013) ... (19109) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.