Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,712 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2067) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10432335 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (19108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 5:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
Spy360:
A LOCAL SIDE FROM AUSTRIA?
Una don't start again o,
preseason kings, relegation lords
how is it affecting u ehn undecided....
Dmcdad too undecided...
Everyone ignored d comment but u undecided.....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 6:27pm On Jul 22, 2016
Chestar5:

Dmcdad too undecided...
Wetin I talk? Oya novex, next time I go ignore am too.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I didn't think he played too badly myself but I wasn't really impressed either. I think he scored against a relegated villa side though.

I think that my chairman FBS is misunderstanding me. All I'm saying is that I'm not impressed if he scores 10 goals against a team who play on a field in the bush (Google it). If even Mikel can score against them, then kini big deal?

I don't really see how that line of thinking clashes with Contes statement.

Funny enough I haven't been following them boyz so, I don't have any idea whatsoever as regards contes statement.

I am particularly ok with him playing upfront and don't ever want to see him around the DM position. We can only hope he develops/grows to be a better player.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 8:28pm On Jul 22, 2016
Chestar5:

Dmcdad too undecided...
I was just getting worried the way you were panting…

Afterall Mourinho say preseason is fake...

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 8:45pm On Jul 22, 2016
Nihilist:

I didn't think he played too badly myself but I wasn't really impressed either. I think he scored against a relegated villa side though.

I think that my chairman FBS is misunderstanding me. All I'm saying is that I'm not impressed if he scores 10 goals against a team who play on a field in the bush (Google it). If even Mikel can score against them, then kini big deal?

I don't really see how that line of thinking clashes with Contes statement.

I think what FBS is tackling is that we are yet to see RLC as a striker. Now that is different from a No 10 Role or CM/DM position. We all agree that there are elements to RLC's game that need work. He can be lethargic, slow and uninspiring sometimes when you see him. This, however, is very different from talent - of which he has in abundance. To play as a CM, there must be the willingness to put oneself about.

I don't suppose he doesn't know this. I actually heard someone say that perhaps his unusually big frame for his age, may be a slight impedance on running about for 90mins.

Now I have seen RLC in the box a few times and one thing I can definitely tell you is that he has very good movement. Then he has the physique to play with big defenders, the technique to play in tight spaces and raw pace to cover ground. What will be left to see is his propensity to convert chances. So if Conte says he has all the attributes to play as a striker or a support striker, I very much agree with him.

If he scores 3 goals against a nobody, it is welcome. All positives are welcome. It doesn't matter that Mikel scored. RLC is 20 years old.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:54pm On Jul 22, 2016
RLC actually has similar attributes to Ibrahimovic. Same body, same strength, same ball protection, same tight control in crowded spaces. . . and he can shoot decently.

But I ain't putting my hat on that lazy nigga though. I can't vouch for what lazy ballers might make of their career.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
Shebi raumdeuter lives in Munich?

I hope you're okay man.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:39pm On Jul 22, 2016
timbros:
Shebi ramdeuter lives in Munich?

I hope you're okay man.

I no dey Munich oo. So I dey okay. Thanks for checking. You should be checking on ogbeche77

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 9:41pm On Jul 22, 2016
dmcdad:
Wetin I talk? Oya novex, next time I go ignore am too.
i no vex for u, na dat spy guy dey make me vex angry
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:44pm On Jul 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

I no dey Munich oo. So I dey okay. Thanks for checking. You should be checking on ogbeche77

Oh ok.

Cool.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:58pm On Jul 22, 2016
nateevs:

I think what FBS is tackling is that we are yet to see RLC as a striker. Now that is different from a No 10 Role or CM/DM position. We all agree that there are elements to RLC's game that need work. He can be lethargic, slow and uninspiring sometimes when you see him. This, however, is very different from talent - of which he has in abundance. To play as a CM, there must be the willingness to put oneself about.

I don't suppose he doesn't know this. I actually heard someone say that perhaps his unusually big frame for his age, may be a slight impedance on running about for 90mins.

Now I have seen RLC in the box a few times and one thing I can definitely tell you is that he has very good movement. Then he has the physique to play with big defenders, the technique to play in tight spaces and raw pace to cover ground. What will be left to see is his propensity to convert chances. So if Conte says he has all the attributes to play as a striker or a support striker, I very much agree with him.

If he scores 3 goals against a nobody, it is welcome. All positives are welcome. It doesn't matter that Mikel scored. RLC is 20 years old.

I think that there are actually two issues being discussed here.

1. RLC has the talent and can come good - I cannot really speak for this. I have not seen him at youth level and his performances at EPL left much to be desired.

2. RLC is fantastic behind a striker, look at his last game for proof.

I think that I should stress again that my main discussion today has been on point number 2. I am not impressed even if he scored 10 against those dead Austrian players. He most likely earns more than all of them plus their coach combined.

I like the line that you stressed at the end of your post. RLC is ONLY 20. But so is Dele Alli. Pierre Emille Holjberg is the same age.

It may seem cynical, but the kind of 20 year olds I think we need are the ones who force us to think how mature they are for their age, and not the ones that hide behind their age as their excuse for lack of development.

Compare what people meant last season when they said "He's only 20" about Martial to what you meant about RLC and my point becomes obvious.

Now I understand that the likes of Martial and co have had opportunities to play first team football that RLC might not have had...which is why I want him to go out on loan so badly.

The likes of Ake and Lukaku were the ones who asked to go on loan to develop further. . Jose mentioned his name with the likes of Solanke etc who could be stars of the future. RLC is the only one of that group sat on the bench stagnating.

I'm not suggesting RLC is not as proactive with his career as those other guys. because I'm not privy to what goes on behind the scenes, but his body language on the pitch regularly seems to portray the image of person wey don bellefull

All I see on the pitch is a lazy looking guy, who I'm told has bags of talent that I've never seen.

Dazall.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 10:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
Wijnaldum signs for Liverpool.

We could have used that lad.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 10:38pm On Jul 22, 2016
Chestar5:

Ohh okay. Hope you are doing good.

As for spy, what else do you expect after Wengay has messed up the lives of all Assnal fans. They never expect anything good anymore. And they expect other clubs to follow suit.

Spy360 how far na? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 22, 2016
raumdeuter:

I dey alright ooo..Thanks for checking..
These cowards have brought fear to a place I have called home embarassed embarassed
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 6:42am On Jul 23, 2016
dmcdad:

Ohh okay. Hope you are doing good.

As for spy, what else do you expect after Wengay has messed up the lives of all Assnal fans. They never expect anything good anymore. And they expect other clubs to follow suit.

Spy360 how far na? cheesy

am doing good but a little stressed from school embarassed ...

I wont blame d arsenal fans too......
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 9:08am On Jul 23, 2016
Chestar5:

am doing good but a little stressed from school embarassed ...

I wont blame d arsenal fans too......
Ehya... Kpele. School wahala too much.cheesy

You are not yet in Lag right? Remember we have a deal? wink
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:38am On Jul 23, 2016
Ogbeche77:

I dey alright ooo..Thanks for checking..
These cowards have brought fear to a place I have called home embarassed embarassed

Good to know you're okay.

What's the situation like now?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nobody: 9:43am On Jul 23, 2016
timbros:

Good to know you're okay.

What's the situation like now?
Public transport are back in operation & the police ll hold a press conference in about 2 hours.. But the threat has been subdued
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:59am On Jul 23, 2016
Ogbeche77:

Public transport are back in operation & the police ll hold a press conference in about 2 hours.. But the threat has been subdued

Na wao.

Be safe bro.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 10:33am On Jul 23, 2016
Top 10 2015/16 shirt sales.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Chestar5(f): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2016
dmcdad:
Ehya... Kpele. School wahala too much.cheesy
You are not yet in Lag right? Remember we have a deal? wink
deal Uhm...right...yes
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 12:04pm On Jul 23, 2016
Conte isn't satisfied with the squad at his disposal and really wants more signing? Hehe

So what have Emenalo led board being doing all these years? Signing "we dem fancy flicksters". I dont get the message but that is what i think it is.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 1:26pm On Jul 23, 2016
Chestar5:

deal Uhm...right...yes
cheesycheesycheesy

Deal ain't the right word I think, but I guess you understood me hook, line and sinker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:50pm On Jul 23, 2016
Griffon:
Conte isn't satisfied with the squad at his disposal and really wants more signing? Hehe

So what have Emenalo led board being doing all these years? Signing "we dem fancy flicksters". I dont get the message but that is what i think it is.

Well I said he would need 5 or 6 this season and can only get 3 or 4.

That's where smart use of the likes of Ake comes in.

Surely a LB, CB and DM is part of the unfulfilled need.

Already he has found Ola Aina (a youth rightback) to be trusted more at left back than Osaniwa Baba Rahman, yet peeps cannot see the utter stupidity of sending our best leftback out on loan.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 3:51pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ibime:

Well I said he would need 5 or 6 this season and can only get 3 or 4.

That's where smart use of the likes of Ake comes in.

Surely a LB, CB and DM is part of the unfulfilled need.

Already he has found Ola Aina (a youth rightback) to be trusted more at left back than Osaniwa Baba Rahman, yet peeps cannot see the utter stupidity of sending our best leftback out on loan.

I was one of the few ninjas on this board who kept tabs on the development of Christensen and Ake. In a time like this we can come up with a contingency plan, which in this case is to have this two integrated into the first team.

If we consider Christensen good enough as to turn down a reported "big" offer from Gladbach, why then cant we recall him already and save this club from spending mega milla on a new Cb?

Why send Ake out when it is pretty obvious we need a left-back? What is the essence of his education at Watford last season?

All these careless calls can not be the manager's. These board puts the I in incompetence. They better listen to Conte Al Pacino and save us another horror seasonal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Spy360(m): 10:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
Chestar5:

Baby nor vex, na condition dey make you bend. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dmcdad: 11:04am On Jul 24, 2016
Spy360:
Baby nor vex, na condition dey make you bend. cheesy
Wetin you dey try talk? You mean say she be crayfish? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2016
Didier Drogba the legend scores hattrick for Montreal Impact.

8 goals in 12 games for them.

Lampard also has something ridiculous like 7 goals in his last 8 games.

These are the kind of legends we had before Emenalo brought his ninnies and ninny mentality to Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 3:18pm On Jul 24, 2016
This image is reportedly spotted briefly in adidas.co.uk before taken down.

Real or fake? Me think it's fake.

But just imagine how sweet our midfield will be with Hazard on the left and Mahrez on the right!

I remember sometime around 2008 abi 2009 when Chelsea mega store started selling Robinho no. 7 shirt even before the deal is confirmed.

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 3:36pm On Jul 24, 2016
timbros:
This image is reportedly spotted briefly in adidas.co.uk before taken down.

Real or fake? Me think it's fake.

But just imagine how sweet our midfield will be with Hazard on the left and Mahrez on the right!

I remember sometime around 2008 abi 2009 when Chelsea mega store started selling Robinho no. 7 shirt even before the deal is confirmed.

Well we all can still remember how that ended tho..!

MahreZ won't actually be a bad addition if he brings his form of last season along with him. However, what are we going to do with the likes of caudrado,moses, Marko Marin, Pedro,traore and salah?

The way we have been conducting business for the past years is really worrisome.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 4:27pm On Jul 24, 2016
Mahrez another winger? You Wan make ibime vex
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 4:29pm On Jul 24, 2016
raumdeuter:
Mahrez another winger? You Wan make ibime vex

I take Mahrez and sell all our other wingers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2064) (2065) (2066) (2067) (2068) (2069) (2070) ... (19108) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: andrewbaba44, chelseabmw(m), iamoyindamola(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.