Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,790 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:59 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2073) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10432808 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (19108) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:39pm On Jul 26, 2016
nateevs:

If I could make a choice, none of them.

Morata is not a striker.
Lukaku will make my blood boil each time and ...
Costa is just a thug, a ban magnet and sometimes makes Suarez look like Jesus.

That said, I agree with LordFalcao, there is no title winning coach on earth that will play Lukaku ahead of Costa.
The numbers don't lie but we don't see the Bayerns, Barcelonas, Juves, Madrids trying to sign Lukaku. Dem no sabi count?

Bolded cracked me up...lol....

Meanwhile, I no send lukaku my self and I agree with several opinions about his limited style of play, what he can and can not do with the ball as mentioned earlier. However, the only reason why i will personally pick any striker i find at the moment ahead of costa is becuz, of his tendencies to turn footie into wrestling....
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2016
nateevs:

Morata is not a striker.

That said, I agree with LordFalcao, there is no title winning coach on earth that will play Lukaku ahead of Costa.
The numbers don't lie but we don't see the Bayerns, Barcelonas, Juves, Madrids trying to sign Lukaku. Dem no sabi count?

I tried to make diggz understand this point but he wouldn't agree. Meanwhile Madrid made sure they got Morata back, why? Anyway, I have said enough on that debate.

@diggz as per your question about the 3 players, personally I'd go for them in this order...

1. Costa
2. Morata
3. Lukaku.

Funny enough, I like the fighting/wrestling spirit Costa displays. If he can discipline himself to know where to draw the line, his is a warrior.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:53pm On Jul 26, 2016
diggz:

Please, who would you pick as your main striker from lukaku, morata and the fighting,not scoring Costa. .....?

Cc ibime

Lukaku anyday.

And I will play 4-5-1 with a nigga like Lampard supporting him.

Twould be just like the Chelsea of old.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:55pm On Jul 26, 2016
diggz:

Please, who would you pick as your main striker from lukaku, morata and the fighting,not scoring Costa. .....?

Cc ibime

Lukaku anyday.

And I will play 4-5-1 with a nigga like Lampard supporting him.

Twould be just like the Chelsea of old with Lukaku in the Drogba role.

One man battering ram that can occupy 4 defenders on his own.

Forget talk of first touch. The ninja is a nuisance factor. DD also had the worst first touch in England when he came from Marseille.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:24pm On Jul 26, 2016
Tx guys for all ur inputs.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 9:25pm On Jul 26, 2016
@ timbros...

I got you quite clearly but didn't agree to your point because we are looking at the best striker who can easily fit into CFC kind of footie and not barca, Madrid or juventus.

Though I take it you prefer morata to lukaku while nateevs categorically called morata not a striker.

Anyways from what I can see sofar, lukaku most likely will be the preferred striker by most fans including my humble self. He may not have all the attributes of a complete striker, though not my favourite yet, based on the options on ground, I will pick him ahead of the rest.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:26pm On Jul 26, 2016
diggz:

Bolded cracked me up...lol....

Meanwhile, I no send lukaku my self and I agree with several opinions about his limited style of play, what he can and can not do with the ball as mentioned earlier. However, the only reason why i will personally pick any striker i find at the moment ahead of costa is becuz, of his tendencies to turn footie into wrestling....
costa is a guy that always wants to score and once he doesn't see the goals he becomes desperate and aggressive. when he was in ATM he was busy running riot on LA liga defenders, he was very cool headed and decent though because he keeps on scoring
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lordfalcao(m): 9:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
choosing between the 3. Costa lukaku morata (yet to understand morata's game)
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
for me, I will choose morata. i need a striker with good footwork and hold up play. A striker that can do what Giroud does for arsenal but score a little more than Giroud. I don't want lukaku at Chelsea, no, not the lukaku I saw at the euros. A striker that can't turn with the ball, can't anticipate pass, can't detect the run of a teammate, very slow!!!! mehn!!. No, no, not at Chelsea.
You guys should not forget that this same lukaku played at Chelsea and couldn't score a single goal, but went to Everton and started scoring. I think he is a low level team striker. he can only thrive where he is the main man.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Bimffo(m): 3:47am On Jul 27, 2016
I will choose anything over Lukaku. Even if its Ibime or Dayo.

I still prefer those 2 as my strikers.

Anything but Lukaku.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 5:10am On Jul 27, 2016
Bimffo:
I will choose anything over Lukaku. Even if its Ibime or Dayo.

I still prefer those 2 as my strikers.

Anything but Lukaku.

Lol bimfo u son mara..... cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:19am On Jul 27, 2016
Those looking for 4-4-2 forward should also consider Jese Rodriguez

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:23am On Jul 27, 2016
Greatihex:

You guys should not forget that this same lukaku played at Chelsea and couldn't score a single goal, but went to Everton and started scoring. I think he is a low level team striker. he can only thrive where he is the main man.

Sharrap dia! Lukaku never played for Chelsea.

Infact no Chelsea fan can point to a single match Lukaku started as a no9 at Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 6:31am On Jul 27, 2016
See Chelsea fans wey get mouth to diss Lukaku. Dem done forget how Lukaku almost had Abramovic in tears after this match. . . . meanwhile Costa was fighting WWE, could not even run once behind Everton defence, losing the ball almost everytime he got it and looking like a snail upfront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk7wrcdcag

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:38am On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:
Those looking for 4-4-2 forward should also consider Jese Rodriguez

Madrid guy right? He started as a winger but can also play as a striker too. I like that guy o! I no go mind am at all.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 7:43am On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:
See Chelsea fans wey get mouth to diss Lukaku. Dem done forget how Lukaku almost had Abramovic in tears after this match. . . . meanwhile Costa was fighting WWE, could not even run once behind Everton defence, losing the ball almost everytime he got it and looking like a snail upfront.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Wk7wrcdcag

This same Costa you guys are dissing is the same guy who scored 7 goals in his first 4 Chelsea game (a EPL record), his 20 goals help gave us the title, his goal in the League Cup final help gave us a domestic double.

Please let him fight and wrestle all he want but keep on banging goals for us.

Wait, does Lukaku need to be played as no. 9 first before he register a goal for us? How many matches did Sturridge play as number 9 for us? Did he draw a blank like Lukaku?

Lukaku doesn't need competition. He wants to be in a club where he is the main man. If not, he will fight for his place in Chelsea even if he was played as a DM!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 7:51am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

This same Costa you guys are dissing is the same guy who scored 7 goals in his first 4 Chelsea game (a EPL record), his 20 goals help gave us the title, his goal in the League Cup final help gave us a domestic double.

Wait, does Lukaku need to be played as no. 9 first before he register a goal for us? How many matches did Sturridge play as number 9 for us? Did he draw a blank like Lukaku?

Lukaku doesn't need competition. He wants to be in a club where he is the main man. If not, he will fight for his place in Chelsea even if he was played as a DM!

Please be fair to him at least he stuck around till it was clear he will need to move on.

I mean how do u expect him to remain on the bench when we had fernandud, legend drogba, and eto being placed to start ahead of him? Staying back would have been very phooolish of him!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:16am On Jul 27, 2016
diggz:

Please be fair to him at least he stuck around till it was clear he will need to move on.

I mean how do u expect him to remain on the bench when we had fernandud, legend drogba, and eto being placed to start ahead of him? Staying back would have been very phooolish of him!

But he still got his chances. He should have grabbed those chances with his two hands and feet.

N.B: He never played with Eto'o in Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 8:26am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

Fight for what place in Chelsea?

You think Lukaku and Sturridge are stewpid to sit behind a useless Torres just because Abramovic said so, all in the name of "fighting for his place".

If it was a true fight and fair fight, Lukaku or Sturridge would have been 1st choice striker since 2012!

I challenge any Chelsea fan to show me a single match that Lukaku started as no9 for Chelsea.

Keep typing nonsense about fighting for place.

In the same match, Costa could not even run behind a 33 year old Jagielka once, while Lukaku was packing Azpi, Mikel and Iva to the floor.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:42am On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:

Fight for what place in Chelsea?

You think Lukaku and Sturridge are stewpid to sit behind a useless Torres just because Abramovic said so, all in the name of "fighting for his place".

If it was a true fight and fair fight, Lukaku or Sturridge would have been 1st choice striker since 2012!

I challenge any Chelsea fan to show me a single match that Lukaku started as no9 for Chelsea.

Keep typing nonsense about fighting for place.

In the same match, Costa could not even run behind a 33 year old Jagielka once, while Lukaku was packing Azpi, Mikel and Iva to the floor.

No insults please.

Must Lukaku play no.9 before he score for Chelsea? Can't he score from other positions? How many of Sturridge goals came from no.9 position?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by diggz: 8:49am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

But he still got his chances. He should have grabbed those chances with his two hands and feet.

N.B: He never played with Eto'o in Chelsea.

Was it not same season eto came in, he left? Didn't say he played with eto in Chelsea bro.

How many minutes did he even play in those 10matches Bros? Hv u even bothered checking?

I am very sure he was getting introduced like 5mins before the end of each game in bulk of the matches to play from the flank. ......So we should now cruxify him for not scoring,right? Bros be fair please!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 8:56am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

No insults please.

Must Lukaku play no.9 before he score for Chelsea? Can't he score from other positions? How many of Sturridge goals came from no.9 position?

Are we discussing strikers or defenders? cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Emaprince: 8:57am On Jul 27, 2016
Lukaku going past a washed up ivanovic,cahill etc does not make him an exceptional player. Last season, chelsea was shiit.

I will choose anything over lukaku!!!
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 8:58am On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

Are we discussing strikers or defenders? cheesy

Lol. ..

I don't really get you bro.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 8:59am On Jul 27, 2016
Ibime:

Sharrap dia! Lukaku never played for Chelsea.

Infact no Chelsea fan can point to a single match Lukaku started as a no9 at Chelsea.
okay sir. But sir, i would like to know how many matches loic remy and Bertrand traore started for Chelsea before they started scoring or how many matches batshuayi started for Belgium before he started scoring or doing the basic movements required of a striker.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:01am On Jul 27, 2016
nateevs:

Morata is not a striker.

And those same clubs are lining up to sign Costa abi? wink

Lukaku is better than Diego Costa. We are talking about about strikers here not dribblers. Diego Costa didn't even make Spain squad while Morata did...and Lukaku is better than Morata.

To put it this way, Lukaku is benching 60m+ worth of Striking talent at National level.

Michy Batshuayi is Lukaku's understudy. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:02am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

Lol. ..

I don't really get you bro.

You're asking why Lukaku must play number 9 before he scores

Why don't we even put a number 1 shirt on him and play him in goal?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2016
Greatihex:
okay sir. But sir, i would like to know how many matches loic remy and Bertrand traore started for Chelsea before they started scoring or how many matches batshuayi started for Belgium before he started scoring or doing the basic movements required of a striker.

You know this statement is patently dumb though...

Are you suggesting that those 2 are better than Lukaku because they scored for Chelsea?

You sure say your head dey correct so?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2016
diggz:

Was it not same season eto came in, he left? Didn't say he played with eto in Chelsea bro.

How many minutes did he even play in those 10matches Bros? Hv u even bothered checking?

I am very sure he was getting introduced like 5mins before the end of each game in bulk of the matches to play from the flank. ......So we should now cruxify him for not scoring,right? Bros be fair please!

Lukaku left Chelsea in August 2012. Eto'o came August 2013. So they didn't even see themselves in Chelsea for once.

Even if he was playing as a substitute for Chelsea, can't he score? Is there a rule restricting him to score from the bench for Chelsea? Heck! His first match for West Brom after he left Chelsea was from the bench, and he scored!

Why couldn't he do that for Chelsea?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2016
timbros:

No insults please.

Does Lukaku look like no7 or no9 in your eye?

The Giroud you used as an example, have you ever seen him playing on the wing? What if Costa, or Drogba.

Maybe you even expect Rashidi Yekini to play on the wings abi?

Even still, tell us how many games Lukaku started on the wings.

You yarning nonsense mate, that is no insult. Lukaku is a typical no9.

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by timbros(m): 9:10am On Jul 27, 2016
Nihilist:

You're asking why Lukaku must play number 9 before he scores

Why don't we even put a number 1 shirt on him and play him in goal?

Lol. ..

It was Ibime making excuse for him that he never played the no9 position for Chelsea that's why he didn't score. So I ask, must he play from the centre before he score? Can't he drift in from that flank he is being played and score?

Not playing as no9 is no reason why almighty Lukaku won't register a goal for Chelsea.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 9:12am On Jul 27, 2016
diggz:

Remember, there was no Drogba to compete with lukaku in 2013/2014 season when mourinho gave him his chance. it was only a mediocre torres and an average ba. Yet lukaku could not start ahead of them. Mourinho put so much trust on lukaku and we saw how he repaid him by passing the ball to neuer.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2070) (2071) (2072) (2073) (2074) (2075) (2076) ... (19108) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: nihilistjnr, bolu96(m), Jodera, timbros(m), Whizlight(m), Capaldi and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.