Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,106 members, 7,818,305 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:18 PM

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (2151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 (10521475 Views)

Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Pride Of London / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) ... (19155) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:09pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Brook...though that's based a bit on sentiment.

Hmmm GGG is the truth
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Nihilist: 2:27pm On Sep 09, 2016
afrodoc2:

Hmmm GGG is the truth

Kell Brook took the fight that the World Champion ran away from, literally dashing his title away for free.

That already makes him 'a winner'. grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by afrodoc2: 2:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Kell Brook took the fight that the World Champion ran away from, literally dashing his title away for free.

Well every boxer is always one lucky/unlucky punch away from a defeat but beating Golovkin would be difficult for any man right now.
Only good thing is that he is 34 and theoretically should be passing his peak. His economical knock outs are scary. There was a fight in which he barely moved his arms and knocked the guy out, the opponent on waking up was blinking his eyes like he had dust in them cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by A40(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Brook...though that's based a bit on sentiment.

Nihilist:

afrodoc2:

Well every boxer is always one lucky/unlucky punch away from a defeat but beating Golovkin would be difficult for any man right now.
Only good thing is that he is 34 and theoretically should be passing his peak. His economical knock outs are scary. There was a fight in which he barely moved his arms and knocked the guy out, the opponent on waking up was blinking his eyes like he had dust in them cheesy
Hahahaha who was I telling the other day. Was it chic2pimp? how Canelo literally ran away from GGG. I didn't know he even had to surrender his belt to boot

Age is probably a factor and people point out that he has not really beaten any great but what do you do when nobody wants to fight you?

Brook's best shot is probably trying to drag this fight up to the 7th or 8th round and try to score a decision, going for a knockout might not be wise against a fighter who has never even been knocked down. He has home advantage and it could help if its a close fight
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by lalaboi(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Luiz was a panic buy imo.

If the rumours that Zouma was being hawked around in Germany are true, then Zouma may actually have no future under Conte.
Christensen's future remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature in Conte's long term thinking either...

Considering that Terry will most likely retire or leave the club at the end of the season and Cahill also ageing, Zouma and christensen may well be the future of our defence.

I still don't know what to make of the Luiz deal . .We go use am like that, we could do with his antics and happy spirit in the club but for 34mil is the coma in the deal.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Griffon(m): 4:57pm On Sep 09, 2016
patrickmuf:
Short term fix for the amount involved sounds absurd.
Luiz is not as bad a player as many would suggest, with Kante and Matic screening the defense and Conte's conservative approach to the game, I don't see him being exposed often time.

Mind mentioning a single deal that isn't absurd in today's market?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
Nihilist:

Luiz was a panic buy imo.
If the rumours that Zouma was being hawked around in Germany are true, then Zouma may actually have no future under Conte.
Christensen's future remains to be seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't feature in Conte's long term thinking either...

Of all your defenders I think I would pick zouma ahead of everyone else and Luiz is probably the worst
I saw an article where your former coach Ray Wilkins ridiculed the decision to get Luiz back

But if you already have zouma Luiz plus Cahill then Christensen would want a more certain future and focus on one club for now not uncertainty of loan termination every transfer window
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 5:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
hensben:
what did he do? Oh player of the month. I don tire for haters.

Do you have a picture of Ikeda hazard with the award cos I see someone else holding the award they said hazard won

Who would call police cos it looks like hazard property was burgled

Copy bigkesh chelseafan1 ariani lordemperoris1

6 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 5:44pm On Sep 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Do you have a picture of Ikeda hazard with the award cos I see someone else holding the award they said hazard won

Who won it?
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2016
Waiting for Oscar to even get nominated for Player of the month.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 5:46pm On Sep 09, 2016
dopeJemi:

Who won it?

The nigga Oscar is better than. cheesy
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ibime:

grin grin grin grin
Sterling won it.

In other news , what's your take on conte's view on luiz ?

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by bigkesh(m): 6:02pm On Sep 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

I wasn't part of the hazard party
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by dopeJemi: 6:38pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ibime:

grin grin sterling
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 8:43pm On Sep 09, 2016
Griffon:

Mind mentioning a single deal that isn't absurd in today's market?
For a quick fix as you put it, David Luiz is expensive...He isn't even guaranteed a starting spot with all players fit
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chrisley024(m): 8:50pm On Sep 09, 2016
Na Baba dey perform and dribble Bayern players like this
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:11pm On Sep 09, 2016
raumdeuter:

Hazard got the highest vote, it has been rigged as usual.

Go check footballing site, commenters are expressing their shock of how it switch from hazard to sterling over night.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WeWildin: 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
hensben:
Hazard got the highest vote, it has been rigged as usual.

Go check footballing site, commenters are expressing their shock of how it switch from hazard to sterling over night.

Oh shut it, Sterling or Valencia should have won it...Did your Hazard play in European competition?

I know it's judged based on PL games but still there's a little bias there and Guardiolas side has more goals now stop whining cheesy

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2016
WeWildin:

Oh shut it, Sterling or Valencia should have won it...Did your Hazard play in European competition?

I know it's judged based on PL games but still there's a little bias there and Guardiolas side has more goals now stop whining cheesy
You know it's base on epl games and still went ahead to talk about EU competition. Smh.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by WeWildin: 9:25pm On Sep 09, 2016
hensben:
You know it's base on epl games and still went ahead to talk about EU competition. Smh.

I said there might be little bias there, The EPL is a business, it's not expected to be fair and Sterling has looked sharper than Hazard.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Ibime(m): 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2016
airmark:

grin grin grin grin
Sterling won it.

In other news , what's your take on conte's view on luiz ?

That mean say he no trust the guy defending.

I have never seen a manager talking about improving a 29 year old before

2 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by patrickmuf(m): 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2016
Ibime:

Hehehe you're so right.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 11:20am On Sep 10, 2016
Ibime:

When he signed him first thing I said here was that conte needed to talk sense into him . I was impressed with what he said. Etoo told hazard he was too lazy that did nt mean hazard was n t a professional player. In fact conte told hazard to first hit the gym and we are gradually seeing improvement in him. Boateng is 28 years dayo is praying fervently for him to reach the peak to shame his critics, I don't see anything wrong with what conte said , in fact I expected that . Bonucci became hotter at 29 so no news here for me . Though I knew chiellini since , but his peak performances could be seen from 29+ and juve is not letting him go at 32. Let's see the miracle conte will do on luiz . I could see improvements on Terry and cahill 's games . Conte to me is more than a coach and it's great to have him around .

3 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by nateevs(m): 2:41pm On Sep 10, 2016
There's nothing wrong with what Conte said. Many defenders don't hit their peak until between the ages of 28 and early 30s.

Conte seems like a coach who can get players much better.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by hensben(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2016
nateevs:
There's nothing wrong with what Conte said. Many defenders don't hit their peak until between the ages of 28 and early 30s.

Conte seems like a coach who can get players much better.

Exactyl. Remember conte is Italian and they believe players get more better in their 30s.
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 7:20pm On Sep 10, 2016
Mehn, the manchester derby was a thriller.
The both clubs have done some good business in the persons of; bailly and nolito. They are the ones i am sure of for now. We still have to watch the keeper from barca and the winger from dortmund.
I wonder where pep learnt to defend with five players or parking the bus. Well, stoke has already made him confess that the epl is tough.

1 Like

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by chic2pimp(m): 8:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
A40:
@Nihilist chic2pimp
GGG vs Brook. Who ya got?

Lool...C'mon Brah isn't it obvious? grin
Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by raumdeuter: 9:00pm On Sep 10, 2016
Greatihex:
Mehn, the manchester derby was a thriller.
The both clubs have done some good business in the persons of; bailly and nolito. They are the ones i am sure of for now. We still have to watch the keeper from barca and the winger from dortmund.
I wonder where pep learnt to defend with five players or parking the bus. Well, stoke has already made him confess that the epl is tough.

Abeg dey lie small small. WHich of them packed the bus. Na stats be this

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4221400_utdvscity_jpeg930b139d295dbd7fd23e150277797c58

4 Likes

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by amodu(m): 10:13pm On Sep 10, 2016
airmark:

When he signed him first thing I said here was that conte needed to talk sense into him . I was impressed with what he said. Etoo told hazard he was too lazy that did nt mean hazard was n t a professional player. In fact conte told hazard to first hit the gym and we are gradually seeing improvement in him. Boateng is 28 years dayo is praying fervently for him to reach the peak to shame his critics, I don't see anything wrong with what conte said , in fact I expected that . Bonucci became hotter at 29 so no news here for me . Though I knew chiellini since , but his peak performances could be seen from 29+ and juve is not letting him go at 32. Let's see the miracle conte will do on luiz . I could see improvements on Terry and cahill 's games . Conte to me is more than a coach and it's great to have him around .

Well said bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by airmark(m): 10:25pm On Sep 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4221400_utdvscity_jpeg930b139d295dbd7fd23e150277797c58

Stop disgracing yourself everywhere. It's obvious greatihex was referring to when pep changed formation to defend the lead. Do you think soccer teams cant switch formation while on the pitch? I guess you always rely on stats from your whoscored.com before giving simplest of match analysis. It's either you did nt watch the match or may be as usual you are found wanting in comprehending what pep signaled to his players when he flashed his palm at them. This is why we always warn you not to just jump around and keep on exposing your wack football knowledge to public ridicule.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2016
airmark:

Stop disgracing yourself everywhere. It's obvious greatihex was referring to when pep changed formation to defend the lead. Do you think soccer teams cant switch formation while on the pitch? I guess you always rely on stats from your whoscored.com before giving simplest of match analysis. It's either you did nt watch the match or may be as usual you are found wanting in comprehending what pep signaled to his players when he flashed his palm at them. This is why we always warn you not to just jump around and keep on exposing your wack football knowledge to public ridicule.
thank you very much for this.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Official Chelsea Fan Thread: Champions Of Europe 2021 by Greatihex(m): 10:46pm On Sep 10, 2016
raumdeuter:

i just have a question for you. Did you watch the match?

(1) (2) (3) ... (2148) (2149) (2150) (2151) (2152) (2153) (2154) ... (19155) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: hensben(m), 100smile(m), airmark(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.