Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,256 members, 7,822,308 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

First Police Varsity In Africa Takes Off September - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Police Varsity In Africa Takes Off September (571 Views)

G20 Summit :south Africa Takes Back It place as Africa Largest Economy / Buhari’s Anti-corruption War Takes Off / The Biafran Church Takes Off In Sweden - New Era Begins ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

First Police Varsity In Africa Takes Off September by OKURINMETA: 8:20pm On Apr 21, 2012
The first police university in Africa, the Nigeria Police University, Wudil, is expected to begin operation in September with the approval of President Goodluck Jonathan.

This hint was given jointly by the Minister of Police Affairs, Caleb Olubolade and the acting Inspector-General of Police, Muhammed Abubakar, while on an inspection tour of the university project situated at the premises of the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano.

Baring all circumstances, the project is expected to be completed by August this year, according to the officials.

The university will accommodate the administrative building with over 50 offices, including the vice-chancellor’s office, senate chamber, various conference halls, hostels and faculty buildings among others.

Abubakar stated that the force was facing the greatest challenges of its life, which was why it had become imperative for policemen to be more professional in their duties.

He urged them to exhibit excellence and professionalism without harassing or manhandling the ordinary citizen.

The IG gave an assurance that the President was willing and ready to support the police and other security agencies in the country.

He emphasised that Jonathan had demonstrated this by the urgent approval of the take-off of the new university that would prepare the police to adequately stand on their own academically and compete with their counterparts globally.

“I am not expecting you to fail me, because I know my men are highly ready to save this country from the daunting security challenges it is facing today.

“The government of (President Goodluck) Jonathan has provided all necessary support we require to achieve excellence and I know you will do it,” he said.

He warned the students that the era of people following shortcuts after failing their examinations to continue and even graduate as police officers was over.

He said, “This time around, you have to pass your examinations because if you dare fail, you will be sent back to your village.”

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Greek Gift By Tunde Fagbenle / I Collected Money Not Bribe - Farouk Lawan / Is Syria Worth World War III?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.