Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

I Won’t Collect Salary As Governor, Says Ondo Aspirant - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Won’t Collect Salary As Governor, Says Ondo Aspirant (1026 Views)

Saraki Faces Fresh Charges For Receiving Governor’s Salary As Senator / Simon Lalong: I Have Not Received Any Salary As Governor / Fatima Atiku Forfeits Salary As Adamawa Commissioner Of Health (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Won’t Collect Salary As Governor, Says Ondo Aspirant by not2long(m): 2:04pm On Apr 23, 2012
A governorship aspirant of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in Ondo State, Mr. Segun Abraham, yesterday said the party would lead the Sunshine state to the Promised Land.

The aspirant said he would not collect salary from the state, if elected governor. He said his goal is selfless service.

Abraham said: “ACN will turn around this potentially great state into an industrial hub in accordance with the vision of the founding fathers. Ondo has been slow in development, despite its huge potentials. Ondo must bounce back. An ACN government will develop the state’s agricultural resources and create jobs. Ondo has for long been retarded by bad governance and the time to rescue it by ACN is now.”

Another aspirant, Mr. Felix Rawa, the only aspirant from Ilaje, stressed the need to build the party’s structures across the 18 local governments.

Speaking with reporters in Lagos at the weekend, Rawa said: “It is important for the ACN leadership to give consideration to the fact that Ondo’s strength lies in Ilaje, where the oil comes from. And since no Ilaje has occupied the Alagbaka House before, it is the turn of the oil-rich sub-zone. Ondo State cannot be left behind as the wind of change is blowing across the Southwest. “

Other ACN aspirants are Dr. Olu Agunloye; Senator Robert Boroffice; Mr. Segun Ojo; Dr. Tunji Abayomi; Comrade Sola Iji; Mr. Saka Lawal; Chief Jamiu Ekungba; Dr. Joseph Ajatta; Mrs. Jumoke Anifowose; Chief Rotimi Akeredolu (SAN); Mr. Wale Akinterinwa; Chief Awodeyi Akinsehinwa-Apata; Senator Olorunnimbe Farunkanmi; Mr. Tayo Alasoadura; and Mr. Aribo.

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news/44088-i-won’t-collect-salary-as-governor%2C-says-ondo-aspirant.html
Re: I Won’t Collect Salary As Governor, Says Ondo Aspirant by ENEONWO(m): 2:31pm On Apr 23, 2012
The man is right because he will definitely survive on lootocracy! He will loot & loot & loot, such that his salary will be like adding a drop of water to the Atlantic Ocean. He wont need the salary because he will make record as the greatest thief Nigeria ever produced!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Face Visa Hitches Visiting Zambia / Update On Payments To Oil Marketers Whose Claims Have Been Verified / S-east's Many Problems - 'government Officials Pretend All Is Well'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.