Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:00 AM

Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers (3632 Views)

Android Quiz Application With Json Parser, Php And Mysql Database / Simple CRUD Application In PHP And Mysql / Please What Are The Benefits Of Learning Php And Mysql. Please I Need Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
i am a php and msql programmer but in all contest seun does not want the script to be written in php...
<?php echo "i want to know why";
?>.
seun
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by DualCore1: 5:15pm On Apr 23, 2012
Because the "contests" are auditions for a programmer who will be handed the task of developing Nairaland and "taking Nairaland to the next level". The present Nairaland is built with Python.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
then this is not fair. php is the best programming language ever
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Afam4eva(m): 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2012
It's just that PHP and MYSQL have become too common to be taken seriously. That's my thought. But don't worry, your own time will come
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by DualCore1: 5:35pm On Apr 23, 2012
afam4eva: It's just that PHP and MYSQL have become too common to be taken seriously.
There is a King and there are Princes. PHP is the king of the web development kingdom, the rest are Princes. Only a programmer who lives in denial will not see things this way.

As for being common, not really. What is common in Nigeria is people who call themselves PHP programmers who only have to implement PHP (and in a poor way) in their HTML contact forms to email scripts.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2012
ehmmm yes PHP reigns in the Web domain but clearly other areas it doesn't, and PHP has some designs that enable bad coding, which is why am glad frameworks exists, but is PHP the best no i don't think so, i thinks its the most used Web Development tool, i have had the chance of trying to do console tasks with PHP especially (Daemon Services) related its really not that easy, but in python it comes natural, though i still love PHP, but python is really superb, true story. it fits for console,Desktop apps, and Web CGI related.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2012
eiiii so php is bad. but i love it
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 6:49pm On Apr 23, 2012
^ i love it, infact its what i use alot because it what puts money in my pocket for now, there is never anything like scarcity of jobs when it comes to PHP especially if you are freelance developer
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 12:03am On Apr 24, 2012
seun should see this thread
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Seun(m): 7:28am On Apr 24, 2012
The next contest won't have any programming language restriction; you will be free to use any language you like.
However, PHP really leaves a lot to be desired: http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 7:48am On Apr 24, 2012
^ i read the article, and yep its kinda true, though some parts i didn't even know mayybe cuz some features of PHP i've never touched
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 8:35am On Apr 24, 2012
Seun: The next contest won't have any programming language restriction; you will be free to use any language you like.
However, PHP really leaves a lot to be desired: http://me.veekun.com/blog/2012/04/09/php-a-fractal-of-bad-design/
seun. do u know facebook was written in php. i dnt have any facts about that though. but watching the social network every day and searching for information online about facebook. i cn say he uses php. but now see it is the most best social networking website and the second best website in the world. there is nothing we can do about that.
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 10:17am On Apr 24, 2012
Ehmmm do u know facebook was written with a modified version of PHP written in C++ because the typical php couldn't handle the necessary load, I hate when pple use the facebook "example", no doubt php is great but there are other languages out there that are superb also and Python is among them. #fact ps am a php developer and not a python dev, so this is no snake fan boy
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by coolguy2002: 11:30am On Apr 24, 2012
php is my taste
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Javanian: 3:13pm On Apr 24, 2012
Hmmmm...IMHO...You guys overate PHP....The only reason why 50% of web developers work with PHP is that it is easy to learn...why dont you explore other languages before you come to conclusion that ''PHP is King of the Web''. What PHP can do ASP, Python, Perl, JSP, Ruby etc can also do and in terms of security PHP sucks. In my opinion JSP is better than PHP.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by spikesC(m): 10:59pm On Apr 24, 2012
Gosh, Una don start this 10 yr old debate again abi...i'd prefere learning all languages, it is not about what is the best but about what gives you a job. Php is well known in the web community but that doesnt mean u shouldnt learn other languages, it will even help you

PS: A die hard fan of PHP
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by DualCore1: 3:11am On Apr 25, 2012
Stick to your Python and get 1 client/job in 6 months. grin

There will always be bashers.

PHP isn't King of web dev because it is the best language for the web. PHP has the widest employer coverage for web dev. End of story. No time for hobbies, this is business!

On the fun side of things, I have been studying Python and catching up on Java for the fun of it. One day I may do commercial stuff with them but that's just when PHP starts failing or so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by expertfingers(m): 12:11pm On Sep 21, 2012
Seun: The next contest won't have any programming language restriction; you will be free to use any language you like.

That article was written by a good programmer that is just too full of himself.

BTW, if he was not using PHP he couldn't have known so much about it.
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by tundebabzy: 3:16pm On Sep 21, 2012
Guys please don't continue the flame war already......we've heard all about it before
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Kslib(m): 3:28pm On Sep 21, 2012
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 21, 2012
watch those who mock php, there is the tendency they will dump their current partner later in future grin grin
them see new wife, old wife come get k-leg, when you dey code php, dey launch websites, dey smile go bank, php no suck o!

a colleague told me tales of how php programmers were refered to as "no real programmers" at the Python Africa Tour held in Abuja
how sick!
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Afam4eva(m): 4:18pm On Sep 21, 2012
PHP is often seen as an ashewo programming language, so some people are looking for virgins(python etc). Very soon the virgin go turn ashewo....
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2012
dunno why pple hustle this php language.... I mean, later in the life of the site it gets thrown away for a compiled language that can handle the large traffic...
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by ektbear: 6:25pm On Sep 21, 2012
afam4eva: PHP is often seen as an ashewo programming language, so some people are looking for virgins(python etc). Very soon the virgin go turn ashewo....

lmao grin

Interesting analogy. And I think it might be a good one.
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by ektbear: 6:26pm On Sep 21, 2012
But a language like python will likely never turn into a prostitute. Python is very careful about who it sleeps with (which features and what syntax they add to the language).

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by nnamso(m): 4:40pm On Sep 29, 2012
programming is more like a passion.its not acquired in class. its self development and patience. you don't become a kung fu master in 3 month. keep learning from experience. that is how you become better.

i think he sticks to what he knows best. php is ok.any programmer who say's php sucks is lame. at-list a lot of evidence are available what php can do. Facebook
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Dolapo93(m): 12:01am On Dec 08, 2012
coolguy2002: then this is not fair. php is the best programming language ever
php aint d best...think c++,jS,Java nd python first..no offense
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by ektbear: 6:22am On Dec 09, 2012
PHP isn't really a well-designed language.

I can see why he'd be biased against it.

MySQL though...makes no sense to beef it
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Seun(m): 9:51am On Dec 09, 2012
@ekt_bear: I don't beef MySQL. I use it for all my web apps because it can be trusted to deliver good performance.
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 10:22am On Dec 09, 2012
most languages now employ MVC.. where the model is the database or provide implementations of ORM and DBO. using php and mysql is kinda retro now
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by Nobody: 8:42pm On Dec 09, 2012
lordZOUGA: most languages now employ MVC.. where the model is the database or provide implementations of ORM and DBO. using php and mysql is kinda retro now

hmmm so Zend and Yii employs which pattern, because i know they have MVC and even doctrine is a poster boy for ORM
Re: Why Do Seun Dont Like Php And Mysql Programmers by lordZOUGA(m): 10:35pm On Dec 09, 2012
pc guru:

hmmm so Zend and Yii employs which pattern, because i know they have MVC and even doctrine is a poster boy for ORM
@lordZOUGA Shut Up!

(1) (2) (Reply)

MATLAB: The Language Of Technical Computing / Connecting Basic4android And Sqlite Database / Database For My Workplace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.