Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,944 members, 7,817,770 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

"The Beauty Of Love"-by Linusclark..plz Read Diz Story And Drop A Comment - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "The Beauty Of Love"-by Linusclark..plz Read Diz Story And Drop A Comment (1209 Views)

Êru ti Ife - Ashes Of Love. / Game Of Love / Thin Reflection : Constructive Criticism Allowed. Plz Read. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"The Beauty Of Love"-by Linusclark..plz Read Diz Story And Drop A Comment by Linusclark(m): 5:08pm On Apr 23, 2012
"u're a consummate performer",Emeka said.."your performance was mesmerizing",David added,"u made us proud".The two boys had been trying 2 win Ngozi's love,but neither of them had the guts 2 accost her."Thanks",she said smiling.Ngozi was a girl of 18;she was plump,tall and elegant;she had an ebony skin.Her sublime beauty was a joy 2 behold.Dancing is 1 of her faves and,in it she found solace.No wonder dancing won her plaudits from the incumbent governor of Nasarawa state,in person of Mr.Ahmadu Uba(aka the Governor).The Governor had visited Government College Doma,located in the outskirts of the capital,Lafia;not only 2 bid the graduating students of the College farewell,but to also bestow awards on deserving student and staff.The trio-Emeka,Ngozi,and Dave were among the graduants.The presence of the Governor and the inclusion of drama presentation,wrestling, debate,quiz,dancing,and sports competitions made the occasion exhilarating.During the dancing competition,Ngozi was the cysnosure of all eyes,she did outdo her competitors as the danced 2 the rythm of the 'mayeye' dance.She danced with practised steps:moving to and fro in comfirmity with the rythm.She sang with gusto or rather,with verve and vitality.Her mezzo-soprano voice was a delight 2 listen;almost all the audience,if not,will live 2 remember her meliflous voice.She received a standing ovation as she curtsed 2 the Governor.Much 2 the dismay of her critics,even the Governor who was clad in a prim suit with a necked collar,stood 2 sing her accolades.At the end of the occasion,Ngozi won the "Miss Best"award bestowed on the best dancer of each closing term in the College.She receive the award with alarcrity.The winner of the Miss Best usually smiled home with the enormous sum of N200,000;so all the girls in the school worked assidously,practised regularly,some even go 2 the extent of hiring the services of a music teacher,so as 2 be victorious at the end,but definitely 'everybody cannot be a winner!' On her way home,Emeka made 4 her,on reaching near her,he stopped abruptly and thought on how 2 begin his sentence;2 him,dat was the best way 2 elude a clunker.
"congrats Miss Best!",he said.
"Thanks",she said with a grim face.
She disliked Emeka because he was amoral:not only did he fancy a devil-may-care attitude 2 life,but also,he basks in the europhia of treating even substantial subjects with gay abandon.Emeka was her first lover,but the broke up after all Emeka was interested in was the quick consummation of love.In a few words,he gets randy easily.Although he loved her,he needed sex desperately as it's intrinsic 2 his character.Contrariwise,all Ngozi wanted was strictly "platonic Love" and that love she had found in Denilson,a boy of 19,an undergraduate of University of Nigeria,Nsukka,studying Law.
"Sweetheart,I want us 2 b friends again,biko!",he begged.
"Don't tell me you are trying 2 play cupid,are you?
"No",Emeka managed a reply.
"we're friends already,but I sense a certain hesistancy in your voice.Isn't it time you come clean with me about your feelings?".She asked.
"OK",he said,"I want us 2 be good friends!"
"Be just good friends",she question but not trying 2 b inquisitive,"it's yours for the asking"
"Ngozi!",shouted someone from afar.She turned only 2 catch a glimpse of a trio of Sam,Uche,and Denilson approaching.She couldn't contend her glee;her comes the man she loves;the apple of her eye;the man who requited her love.Her joy knew no bounds:it was as boundless as the sea.
"Congrats Miss Best",they shouted as their voice rose in a crescendo.
"Thanks",she said with a beautific smile.She meet Denilson's gaze without flinching.She was elated 2 see Denilson who made a proposal 2 her,a fortnight ago.
"What's eating you up,Emeka?",Uche asked noticing how despodent he looked.He gave a quizzical glare,and replied:"Nothing dearie".
"Ngozi",Uche began,"your performance made the crowd 2 listen and watch you meticulously..."
"with rapt attention",Sam interpolated.
"she is the uncrowned queen of the Nigeria Entertainment Industry",Denilson remarked.
"She'll be famous 1 day.what do you reckon,Uche?"Sam asked.
"obviously yes",uche said without demur.
"I concur with Sam in his view",Denilson said,"she is no mediocre dancer".
"Thanks for the compliments",she said with a wide grin.
As they sauntered by,everybody present was elated,Ngozi's victory made them so.Uche and his twin brother Sam,both undergraduates of UNN,Nsukka,suddenly took the left path of the main road leading directly 2 their one-storied house,while Emeka,Denilson and Ngozi continued walking on the pavement.
"We shall be wining and dining at your house tonight, Denilson".
"wow! you are welcome!"Denilson said.
"Goodbye celebrity",Uche said with the air of a professional Lawyer,"u're the favour of the month".
"Hmm",Sam sighed,"congrats dearie".
"Bye",each group said as the parted ways.Denilson and Uche were studying Law,while Sam was studying Medicine,all in the same university.
Check nxt page
Re: "The Beauty Of Love"-by Linusclark..plz Read Diz Story And Drop A Comment by Linusclark(m): 6:13pm On Apr 23, 2012
As the trio of Emeka,Denilson,and Ngozi lumbered by,walking as if they had all the time in the world;Emeka started 2 chew the side of his mouth,a habit Ngozi knew from experience was normally the prelude 2 a derogatory remark.
"The governor made a spectacle of himself",he snapped.
"That's a blatant lie! He was elegently dressed in a prim suit",Denilson snapped a reply.
"please don't speak ill of the man who brought smiles 2 the depressed faces of this community.He is a man of emminent character,an emblem of peace."Ngozi remarked.
"It's OK".Emeka snapped.
"Ehm...what do you think of my proposal,Ngozi?"Denilson questioned.
"It's obvious that she will snub your proposal,that am sure",he said cynically.
"Don't be so juvenile!",Denilson remarked ineptly.
"I accept your proposal,sweetheart!"she said taking a momentry glance at Emeka.
The inclusion of the sweetheart in her remark was to arouse the ire of Emeka.
Emeka stared at them with jaundiced eye and for some inexplicable reason,Emeka took another road and left.
"Don't mind him,he is only being jealous",Ngozi said taking Denilson's hand.
The took a path by the left and settled on a fallen mango tree and began 2 make an avowal of love b4 the trees,which were swaying gently in the breeze.
"sweetheart",began Denilson,"I appreciate your love just as the eagle appreciates the splendours of the sky".
"You're one in a million.My pride and joy;I will always love you! I've got you under my skin",she stopped abruptly and they snogged passionately.
"I've spoken 2 my father,he is the VC of our school,he agreed 2 make way for you 2 study your dream course,mass communication!".Emeka said taking Ngozi's hands.
"wow! Thanks sweetheart.Words alone cannot extol your virtues",she said amid tears of joy.
"Think nothing of it,please",he begged.
"Our love shall grow by leaps and bounds",Ngozi remarked.
"And i strongly believe that we are compatible",Denilson said.
"Then you must be a dreamer by temperament!",Emeka snapped.
"what's this intrusion about?"Ngozi enquired.
"Have your tongue in check,Miss,before you do yourself wrong",he remarked crisply.
"I can't get a wink of sleep because thoughts of you have crippled my mind! I am just feeling lovelorn,forlorn and disheartened;am suffering from the pangs of unrequited love",he said amid tears of frustration and his demeanour changed."she is mine,he continued,"please Denilson".
"I am sorry buddy,but I cant help out.We are madly in love with each other",Denilson said with a certain hesistancy in his voice.
"please,Emeka i know you love me,but I've found another lover,you must learn 2 accept defeat",Ngozi pleaded.
"I won't.Not for all the tea in China! He must die."he said,bringing out an automatic pistol.
"Please I beg you in God's name,let's settle this amicably",Denilson begged.
Emeka chortled with delight. He looked at Denilson with scorn and giggled.The lovebirds were at wit's end.
"kiss yourselfs goodbye because this nefarious act I must accomplish.Albiet, it's as hard as breaking rocks,i will do it!"Emeka said.
He pointed the pistol at Denilson and was about 2 shoot,when Ngozi shouted:
"No ooöoooo...
I need your comments 2 spur me 2 continue writing...constructive criticisms are welcome.
Re: "The Beauty Of Love"-by Linusclark..plz Read Diz Story And Drop A Comment by swagsguy(m): 11:48pm On Apr 23, 2012
nice write_up just continue wit the story

(1) (Reply)

[story] I Called It R.*.p.e (rated 18+)… Part 10 / Top 10 Incredible Coincidence Of The World / Adventures Of Xage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.