Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:15 PM

Ekiti LG Discovers Carpenter’s Name On Scholarship List - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ekiti LG Discovers Carpenter’s Name On Scholarship List (628 Views)

Ekiti LG Elections: Accreditation, Distribution Of Election Materials & Voting / Photo Of The 72-Year-Old Carpenter Fayose Made Caretaker Of A LGA / ACF Protests Nuc’s Scholarship List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ekiti LG Discovers Carpenter’s Name On Scholarship List by omongbatic: 4:55am On Apr 24, 2012
LG discovers carpenter’s name on scholarship list
April 24, 2012 by Femi Makinde 1 Comment

The Caretaker Chairman of Irepodun-Ifelodun Local Government Area of Ekiti State, Major Tajudeen Awe (retd), has uncovered a fraud in the award of scholarships to indigenes of the state.

Awe, who said this in an interview with journalists in Ado-Ekiti, said that he was shocked to see the way the fraud was carried out before he assumed office.

The council boss added that he was surprised to see his carpenter’s photograph and name as one of the beneficiaries of the scholarship.

Awe said the council had lost some money to the scholarship fraud before his appointment, adding that he had to fashion out a way of curbing the crime.

He said, “Immediately I sighted the name of the carpenter I suspected a fraud in the whole arrangement. It was not hard for me to know that the man (carpenter) was not qualified for scholarship. I know him very well, he is a carpenter and he works for me.

“I accosted him and he told me that somebody just asked him to submit his passport photographs to process scholarship.”

The council boss said he introduced payment of scholarships with cheques to curb the criminal act.

Awe explained that he would not stop the scholarship because he also benefited from a scholarship when he was a student.

He denied interfering with the election of the students’ union body in the local government.

http://www.punchng.com/education/lg-discovers-carpenters-name-on-scholarship-list/
Re: Ekiti LG Discovers Carpenter’s Name On Scholarship List by omongbatic: 4:56am On Apr 24, 2012
Too much Marijuana at work shocked shocked shocked shocked

(1) (Reply)

North’s Readiness For A Division / Breaking News!!! Former NLC President, Pascal Bafyau Is Dead / Nigeria (PDP) Vs South Africa (ANC) - The One Party State = African Democracy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.