Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,467 members, 7,819,706 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. (1477 Views)

Man Demands The Arrest Of Jonathan At The National Assembly Over The Arms Deal / Protesters Block Road To Rivers Assembly Over Plan To Cancel Council Elections / Pro Obanikoro Storm National Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by chrissbidi(m): 12:00pm On Apr 24, 2012
Its might shock you to hear that some Nigerian youths are very bitter with the outcome of the fuel subsidy reports. Due to indictment of certain persons and allegations on the minister of petroleum, Diezani Allison-madueke.
However, some Niger-deltas residing in Abuja protest in favour of the minister. One of the coordinators of the angered protesters, Isah Mohammed said, ‘they should live our minister alone, because they have been against our sister since from the very upset, please LEAVE OUR SISTER ALONE’. The aggressive youths storms national assembly with banners, cardboards etc.
Meanwhile, the ijaw communities leader in Abuja, hon. Freeman ovuru was also one of the coordinators and he said ’we are in total support of the minister; diezani must stay, no to farouk lawal report’. Some of the cardboard read, HAS DIEZANI BENEFITED FROM FUEL SUBSIDY NO!!!
THE MINISTER HAS ENCOURAGE GROWTH OF LOCAL CONTENT CONPANIES, WHO IS AFRAID OF REFORMS IN THE OIL INDUSTRY ETC.
Below are some of the picture that took place during the protest as at 9-11am.
For any info: pls call email. ijawcommunities@yahoo.com
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by ishmael(m): 12:57pm On Apr 24, 2012
That was how they supported Alams, and later the truth came out and put all of dem to shame. Ijaws are becoming too tribalistic and sentimental for my liking, always supporting the evil deeds carried out by greedy and selfish ijaws who do not mean well for even the ijaws. My advice to kalabari, okrika, and other so called ijaw speaking tribes in Rivers state is that they should leave alone those bayelsans to continue fooling themselves. Why is it only them always? It's becoming too much jo.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by TheShopKeeper(m): 1:09pm On Apr 24, 2012
By the way, what are these youths been offered?
They should ask themselves serious questions.
I guess they cannot think on their own, hence reason why they are engaging themselves in useless protests.
Bunch of lazy bones, if they are unemployed, I'll gladly offer them good jobs in my shops.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by juman(m): 1:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
These people are taking every issues too far.

They tribalise every issues. They don't have the aim to make the country great.

The minister is not competent.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by 999666: 1:55pm On Apr 24, 2012
Any Pictures?
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by Chyz2: 2:47pm On Apr 24, 2012
Blah, let them storm fire for all i care. Let her go and enjoy the money she has been stealing. Shameless people.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by egift(m): 5:43pm On Apr 24, 2012
999_666: Any Pictures?

Here:

Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by belvo(m): 7:50pm On Apr 24, 2012
Was it not once reported that she gave some 2million that even led them to fight themself.I now believe that this is the motive of the minister generousity to her people.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by Johndoe100(m): 12:30am On Apr 25, 2012
All the people posting here do not understand our people. Decades of genocide by outsiders has produced a seige mentality among the youth. They see a situation where one of their own is about to be blamed for the crimes of others and this produces a rage at the proposed injustice.
What they need is your understanding not condemation
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by dayokanu(m): 1:20am On Apr 25, 2012
Understanding thieves?
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by aljharem(m): 1:30am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100: All the people posting here do not understand our people. Decades of genocide by outsiders has produced a seige mentality among the youth. They see a situation where one of their own is about to be blamed for the crimes of others and this produces a rage at the proposed injustice.
so now you are thinking

so what is the solution you would suggest knowing full well Allison is part of the scam. I would like to hear your suggestion
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by Johndoe100(m): 1:39am On Apr 25, 2012
dayokanu: Understanding thieves?

The thieves are in fact yaribas, ibo and northerners. The minister should not be blamed for their theft. Is it not even pathetic, once again outsiders plundering the ND?
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by aljharem(m): 1:51am On Apr 25, 2012
Johndoe100:

The thieves are in fact yaribas, ibo and northerners. The minister should not be blamed for their theft. Is it not even pathetic, once again outsiders plundering the ND?

who are NDers ? Is Yoruba not part of the ND ? Is Igbo not part of the ND. Better wake up

BTW answer my question

alj harem: so now you are thinking

so what solution you would suggest knowing full well Allison is part of the scam. I would like to hear your suggestion
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by chrissbidi(m): 11:52am On Apr 26, 2012
@ all. WE ARE NOT AGAINST THE REPORT, ALL WE ARE SAYING.....LEAVE OUR MINISTER ALONE!!!
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by egift(m): 12:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
chrissbidi: @ all. WE ARE NOT AGAINST THE REPORT, ALL WE ARE SAYING.....LEAVE OUR MINISTER ALONE!!!

I said it. Some of those that were marching like zombies are here with us. "Leave You Minister Alone"? Why? Even when she is caught stealing from us? Just your brother took some of it to bribe his way through.

You guys are .... evil.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by chrissbidi(m): 12:15pm On Apr 26, 2012
@egift....whether u like it or not. she is our sister and she has tried her best...
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 26, 2012
Johndoe100: All the people posting here do not understand our people. Decades of genocide by outsiders has produced a seige mentality among the youth. They see a situation where one of their own is about to be blamed for the crimes of others and this produces a rage at the proposed injustice.

@Johndoe100,
It is difficult to fault your plea here as you lay bare an open sore which cannot be denied.

But then, please enlighten me on how a group of youths who openly supported the removal of fuel subsidy (National Youth Movement for the Removal of Fuel Subsidy)can conscientiously oppose a (Farouk Lawan Committee) report produced in the interest of probity.
I beg help me square this circle.
Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by DaLover(m): 2:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
chrissbidi: @ all. WE ARE NOT AGAINST THE REPORT, ALL WE ARE SAYING.....LEAVE OUR MINISTER ALONE!!!
Ever since this woman became minister, there has been a lot of unease about her, I dont know if it is now a crime for an Ijaw person to be minister of petroleum...

She meet a bad situation and tried to change it, the subsidy matter was on ground before she became minister...the reason the scam exist is because the subsidy exist...remove the subsidy and the scam/looting will no longer exist, there is no direct evidence to show that she benefited from the scheme, despite the contradiction that she was at the forefront of the campaign for its removal....

I can understand opposition politicians, greedy business men calling for her removal have sinister motives, but not NLers with doing so because they are angry because she is much more beautiful that their ugly sisters and mothers.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Youths Storm National Assembly Over Fuel Subsidy Reports. by chrissbidi(m): 8:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
@Dalover.......God bless u. please explain more to those guys, let them understand.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians To Pay More For Fuel From Jan 1,2013-punchnewspaper / Ojukwu’s Jubilee Hotel In Zaria Now Turned To Warehouse ? / The Mediocrity In The Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.