Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,891 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:41 PM

Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere (1666 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Challenging The Skeptics / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 4:34pm On Apr 24, 2012
Skeptics always try to put their own reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God does not exist.But the biggest problem they don't know is that reasoning is limited.

I am christian, therefore as one who knows God, I know what applies to him. Skeptics always echo the question "Who created God?" The answer is no one, that's why he is God. If he was created, then he couldn't have been God
Believe in God is about faith, faith comes first and not reasoning.

The aim of this topic is to put the "reasoning brains" of all skeptics, so that they can see the limitation of their reasoning.

I want skeptics to tell me how they came about as living things, break it down. then continue to link your evolutionary tree or whatever your own tree might be to the, 10th generation, 1,000 generation, or 1,000,000 generation till you arrive at a the final destination.
If you put your reasoning at work you will see there will never be a final destination from a skeptic point of reasoning because it all goes down to infinity with no conclusion which gives nothing and leads to nowhere.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 8:39am On Apr 26, 2012
Atheist can't say what caused the big b@ng that gave birth to the universe
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by plaetton: 2:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
The universe could never have created itself. never. how could that ever be.it must have been created by God, who, ofcourse, created himself.

beautiful logic.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 3:46pm On Apr 26, 2012
@plaetton, thanks for your post but this topic is to put the reasoning of atheists into action but they are hiding. This one pass them!!!
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 6:31pm On May 11, 2012
One of the atheist Richard Dawkins do not believe in uncaused cause but came up with the idea of a mathematical infinite regression which does not apply to the argument of uncaused cause because we are not talking about maths we’re talking about existence and existentially nothing exists unless you have an uncaused cause

excerpts from an interview with Richard Dawkins

Quinn: You can’t answer the question where matter comes from! You, as an atheist —

Dawkins: I can’t, but science is working on it. You can’t answer it either.

Dawkins doesn't know what he is talking about.
Did matter create itself? The 2nd Law of Thermodynamics proves that matter is moving from organize to less organized over time. What in the universe did not have a cause or have a beginning?

Science is limited.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 6:40pm On May 11, 2012
I'm not atheist but I'd try to answer some of your questions, hope I have the blessings of the Great Leprachaun and his great servant Martian, and logicboy cheesy

jmoore: Skeptics always try to put their own reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God does not exist.But the biggest problem they don't know is that reasoning is limited.
Also, 'Christians' always try to block out reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God exists. But the biggest problem they don't know is that wild imaginations/extreme faith is referred to as madness..

jmoore:
I am christian, therefore as one who knows God, I know what applies to him.
How can you claim to know God? Should I just accept this by faith, or should I ask for proof? If your God created me, can you ask Him to reveal to you my real name?

jmoore:
Skeptics always echo the question "Who created God?" The answer is no one, that's why he is God. If he was created, then he couldn't have been God
And it's by faith you believe this, right? So why do you question evolution, why not believe in evolution by faith?
jmoore:

jmoore:
The aim of this topic is to put the "reasoning brains" of all skeptics, so that they can see the limitation of their reasoning.
Like yours isn't limited also.... the difference is you fill in the gap with faith..

jmoore:
I want skeptics to tell me how they came about as living things, break it down. then continue to link your evolutionary tree or whatever your own tree might be to the, 10th generation, 1,000 generation, or 1,000,000 generation till you arrive at a the final destination.
If you put your reasoning at work you will see there will never be a final destination from a skeptic point of reasoning because it all goes down to infinity with no conclusion which gives nothing and leads to nowhere.
So how is that different from God?
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 6:58pm On May 11, 2012
musKeeto:
How can you claim to know God? Should I just accept this by faith, or should I ask for proof? If your God created me, can you ask Him to reveal to you my real name?

Actually you can ask him to reveal himself to you.

musKeeto:
Also, 'Christians' always try to block out reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God exists.

Our God is a spirit being therefore reasoning here in the physical realm will always have its limitation

musKeeto:
And it's by faith you believe this, right? So why do you question evolution, why not believe in evolution by faith?
Do you even understand your question at all? Those who came up with the evolution theory, was the theory formulated by faith? Your question is irrelevant.

musKeeto:
So how is that different from God?
My God is uncaused, that's why he is God. He was not created by anything. He is the creator of all.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 11, 2012
jmoore:
Actually you can ask him to reveal himself to you.
Lol. If it were that easy, there would have been no need for Jesus..

jmoore:
Our God is a spirit being therefore reasoning here in the physical realm will always have its limitation
Our God? What of other Gods? They're not spirits too? Why don't you believe in those?

jmoore:
Heard of the nonsense called Big Bang?

jmoore:
My God is uncaused, that's why he is God. He was not created by anything. He is the creator of all.
Lol...
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 7:58pm On May 11, 2012
@ musKeeto, what u raised have already been answered in other threads.

It is obvious that answer to the "question topic" I asked can't be answered. That's where logic/reasoning finds nothing.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Kay17: 12:59pm On May 12, 2012
This is where the ugliness and dogma of religion comes into place. Deny, reject reason to make room for Faith. Unfortunately Faith doesn't identify the truth from errors. Simply accepting a preposition without any consideration at all doesn't mean u are right.

If Reason finds a being like your God is unable to exist, it could be right, not that its limited.

At least we can agree that reason, science and knowledge are antithetical to Faith and Christianity
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 1:06pm On May 12, 2012
@ kay 17, Answer the question "tell me how you came about as a living being, break it down. then continue to link your evolutionary tree or whatever your own tree might be to the, 10th generation, 1,000 generation, or 1,000,000 generation till you arrive at a the final destination." That's the aim of this topic

Kay 17: At least we can agree that reason, science and knowledge are antithetical to Faith and Christianity

reasoning and science cannot explain how a dead man resurrects after 4 days.

reasoning and science cannot explain how a fibroid in a woman's body just disappeared

reasoning and science cannot explain how a blind man suddenly starts to see without any aid.

reasoning and science cannot explain miracles, these are spiritual where science is not found
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 12, 2012
You're incapable of answering the question also, but you choose to believe you're a product of 2 people who ate a fruit in a garden. And THIS makes you better than the atheist?
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 1:16pm On May 12, 2012
musKeeto: You're incapable of answering the question also, but you choose to believe you're a product of 2 people who ate a fruit in a garden. And THIS makes you better than the atheist?

At least your comment proves you don't know the answer.
If you have understood the question then it is not meant for me, it is for atheists. I was created by God whom no one created, that's why he is God
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 1:20pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore:

At least your comment proves you don't know the answer.
If you have understood the question then it is not meant for me, it is for atheists. I was created by God whom no one created, that's why he is God
Why expect an answer to a question you have no answer to, when you won't be willing to accept any one that's logical?
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 1:30pm On May 12, 2012
musKeeto:
Why expect an answer to a question you have no answer to, when you won't be willing to accept any one that's logical?

I gave you my answer, give me yours. or your logic can't come up with one?
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Kay17: 2:59pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore: @ kay 17, Answer the question "tell me how you came about as a living being, break it down. then continue to link your evolutionary tree or whatever your own tree might be to the, 10th generation, 1,000 generation, or 1,000,000 generation till you arrive a t a the final destination." That's the aim of this topic

Reason is not synonymous to omniscience, but a means to acquire knowledge and separate errors from the truth. Thus its not useful to an omniscient person, since such a person has all the knowledge already!
Thus your test is not the right one.

jmoore: reasoning and science cannot explain how a dead man resurrects after 4 days.

reasoning and science cannot explain how a fibroid in a woman's body just disappeared

reasoning and science cannot explain how a blind man suddenly starts to see without any aid.

reasoning and science cannot explain miracles, these are spiritual where science is not found

The bible is not the only holy book to contain supernatural tales, and its accepted that ancient understanding and knowledge was not as comprehensive as today. Philosophy and science were not conscious fields.

Miracles are of a supernatural concept that entities behave irrationally and beyond their nature. In order words, it is usual to expect a goat to talk!!
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 3:08pm On May 12, 2012
@kay 17 , miracles are still happening today.

no need beating around the bush, answer the question of this thread or rest your case
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Kay17: 3:55pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore: @kay 17 , miracles are still happening today.

no need beating around the bush, answer the question of this thread or rest your case

Did you read what I posted at all??
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by emofine2(f): 4:27pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore: Skeptics always try to put their own reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God does not exist.

Not necessarily.

Should we adopt that which only appeals to our credulity and not our scepticism.

Just because a person does not accept your god as legitimate doesn’t automatically qualify such person as an atheist. The presence of sceptics actually allows for a stimulating environment and questions should be encouraged.

But the biggest problem they don't know is that reasoning is limited.

That I do agree with. So when we do encounter a limit do we thus employ faith to exceed that limit? If so then doesn't that mean faith can only be conveniently adopted at a particular point? Faith is personal hence subjective, right?

I actually think it’s courageous and remarkable of such a person that does not remain complacent in what they have been fed to believe but set out on their own discovery of the truth which charts a more cathartic course than comfortably drinking of the cup that another cites as the truth and thus becoming independent on the teacher of that message.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 4:39pm On May 12, 2012
@emöfine2, I did not get your answer on the question "tell me how you came about as a living being, break it down...."
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by emofine2(f): 4:53pm On May 12, 2012
If you hadn’t noticed I was not attempting to answer your open question. I was just amending your skewed definition informing you more on the sceptics’ stance and that indeed there are more than one type that certainly won’t satisfy that description you improperly rendered.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Jenwitemi(m): 5:04pm On May 12, 2012
Well, aren't you a skeptic when it comes to Islam and Allah, jmoore?
jmoore: Skeptics always try to put their own reasoning and come out with the conclusion that God does not exist.But the biggest problem they don't know is that reasoning is limited.

I am christian, therefore as one who knows God, I know what applies to him. Skeptics always echo the question "Who created God?" The answer is no one, that's why he is God. If he was created, then he couldn't have been God

Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 5:06pm On May 12, 2012
You haven't answered his question Jenwitemi grin
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 5:11pm On May 12, 2012
Jenwitemi: Well, aren't you a skeptic when it comes to Islam and Allah, jmoore?

musKeeto: You haven't answered his question Jenwitemi grin

Please remind him. Is the question too difficult?

@Jenwitemi, Jesus christ has proven himself to me therefore no need for me to seek anything else.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 5:17pm On May 12, 2012
jmoore:

Please remind him. Is the question too difficult?

@Jenwitemi, Jesus christ has proven himself to me therefore no need for me to seek anything else.

I was being sarcastic.. So if Jesus has proven himself to you, why are you asking NEEDLESS questions? If you know the source, why go around trying other brands?
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 5:39pm On May 12, 2012
musKeeto:

I was being sarcastic.. So if Jesus has proven himself to you, why are you asking NEEDLESS questions? If you know the source, why go around trying other brands?

I know you were being sarcastic.

I was not trying other "brands". At least the question has proven the skeptic's brand is not be trusted.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Jenwitemi(m): 9:06am On May 13, 2012
But you still remain a skeptic of Islam/hinduism/jainism/buddhism, nonetheless. You are as much of a skeptic of religions as any other out there. That makes you no better or worse than other skeptics of religion.
jmoore:
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by jmoore(m): 10:31am On May 13, 2012
Jenwitemi: But you still remain a skeptic of Islam/hinduism/jainism/buddhism, nonetheless. You are as much of a skeptic of religions as any other out there. That makes you no better or worse than other skeptics of religion.

Is that your own way of evading the question I asked you. That shows you will get nowhere if you had attempted with those logic of yours.

No need repeating yourself, as I said "Jesus christ has proven himself to me therefore no need for me to seek anything else."

This is not about being a skeptic, to be a skeptic is to have doubts, to have doubts means you are not certain and do not know whether it is true or possible.

I am not a skeptic of those religions you listed, this is not about doubts. I am very sure and fully convinced having no doubt about them that they lead to nowhere.
Jesus is the only way!
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Kay17: 10:54am On May 13, 2012
jmoore:

Is that your own way of evading the question I asked you. That shows you will get nowhere if you had attempted with those logic of yours.

No need repeating yourself, as I said "Jesus christ has proven himself to me therefore no need for me to seek anything else."

This is not about being a skeptic, to be a skeptic is to have doubts, to have doubts means you are not certain and do not know whether it is true or possible.

I am not a skeptic of those religions you listed, this is not about doubts. I am very sure and fully convinced having no doubt about them that they lead to nowhere.
Jesus is the only way!

Since reason leads no where, I can't make sense of what you wrote. And why questions lead to answers.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Jenwitemi(m): 11:19am On May 13, 2012
Blind faith also leads to nowhere and that's where you are headed, brethren. Jesus never claimed to be the only way but the early church leaders did because they knew what worldly rewards they would gain from the church controlling the hearts and minds of folks like yourself. They only want to keep you coming to their church without any doubts so as for you to keep sustaining them and their establishment with your essence. Remember the private jets and mansions and luxury cars? I bet you do. wink
jmoore:

Jesus is the only way!

Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by DeepSight(m): 11:44am On May 13, 2012
plaetton: The universe could never have created itself. never. how could that ever be.it must have been created by God, who, ofcourse, created himself.

beautiful logic.

If you must mock, at least mock accurately. God is not said to have created himself. Christianity does not teach this. So your mockery must rebound on you: as you have set up an argument not advanced by Christianity and then proceeded to mock your own statement.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 11:58am On May 13, 2012
Deep Sight:
If you must mock, at least mock accurately. God is not said to have created himself. Christianity does not teach this. So your mockery must rebound on you: as you have set up an argument not advanced by Christianity and then proceeded to mock your own statement.

Come on now deepsight, don't be a christian apologist. You know damn well that a christian will either say god created himself, he wasn't created, he has always existed or claim that, "the question is a sin" or a variation of that crap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should Religious People Still Listen To Jay Z And Co.? / [VIDEO] Open Confessions Of Shameless Nigerian Gay Pastor Rowland Jide Macaulay / Smoking Is Not A Sin ~ (deu 19:22)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.