Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,774 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:20 PM

Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere (1671 Views)

To All Atheist, Agnostic, Skeptics E.t.c Do People Know You As An Atheist? / Challenging The Skeptics / Skeptics And Atheists In Nigeria: How Do You Manage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by DeepSight(m): 12:07pm On May 13, 2012
I did not address the variations, I only addressed that which he sarcastically averred: that God created himself. The fact is that this is not taught by Christianity. You know that the major religions teach that God is eternal in the past and future. So he was effectively making a caricature of the Theist position.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by emofine2(f): 12:11pm On May 13, 2012
or claim that, "the question is a sin"

Whilst I can quite understand that some people of faith will very well be offended by the way some questions are posed and I believe they have the right to feel offended if those particular questions are aimed to provoke or mock...but really are there actually some questions that could or would be considered a “sin” independent of any malicious intentions? undecided
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 13, 2012
emöfine2:

Whilst I can quite understand that some people of faith will very well be offended by the way some questions are posed and I believe they have the right to feel offended if those particular questions are aimed to provoke or mock...but really are there actually some questions that could or would be considered a “sin” independent of any malicious intentions? undecided

Statements and questions can be considered sins but it all depends on the beliefs and tolerance of the religious person being asked.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Kay17: 12:37pm On May 13, 2012
Snthnesis believes that the essential feature of God is self cause. And he is a Christian.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by DeepSight(m): 12:48pm On May 13, 2012
^^^ God is not said to be self caused. God is not said to be caused at all.
Re: Faith And Reason, Skeptics Reasoning Leads To Nowhere by Nobody: 1:06pm On May 13, 2012
Kay 17: Snthnesis believes that the essential feature of God is self cause. And he is a Christian.

Deep Sight:
^^^ God is not said to be self caused. God is not said to be caused at all.

So who is the authority on God? Some say god is self caused, while others say god has always existed and is not said to be self caused. The thing about god and other metaphysical concepts is that you can choose whatever atrributes you want and argue that your version is the right one. So let me try my hands at this.

THE GREAT LEPRECHAUN is not self caused and is he is also eternal. He is manifested in the changing forms or energy and matter.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Christians Do You Think That Atheists Are More Like Jesus? / Are All Babies/people Really Born Atheist? Lets Discuss / 10 "Signs" Of The End Of The Age

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.