Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,912 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? (2074 Views)

25 Beautiful, Emotional Songsto Be Sad, Reflective,depressed, And Melancholy To / Do You Think Nigeria Presently Has Any Creative Gospel Music Artiste / "The Sad Truth About Hip Hop" <chain letter> (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Omachile(m): 12:46pm On Mar 28, 2006
Why is it that most people believe that gospel music has to be stricly like worship. I mean all slow and almost getting you to cry?

That like ain't the bom you know. Well I feel gospel music is to be real fly. I feel Gospel Rock and Gospel Hip-hop. Christianity isn't some dull group. It has life and when I say life I say life. We are having the better side of the fun! cool
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by queen2(f): 12:52pm On Mar 28, 2006
Omachile:

Why is it that most people believe that gospel music hasto be stricly like worship.

Not all gospel musics are slow or like worship smiley
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Z4M4eva(f): 12:55pm On Mar 28, 2006
I don't think Gospel Music to be 'sad' n 'solem' 'Cos like you said there are gospel rock and hip hop and that isn't 'sad' or 'solem' in anyway. smiley
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Deepop(f): 1:11pm On Mar 28, 2006
Gospel music is not to be sad angry ;.music is jus a means of passing an informaton.Gospel music can be hip hop or rap wink.the koko is that the message shuld be grabbed by pple cool
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Omachile(m): 1:15pm On Mar 28, 2006
I know gospl music aint sad. I love it. At school most at time when i am listening to music and someone wants to pull ma earphones off I just say gospel music and they back off like it is some plague or contageous disease. I love it cos i get to keep ma earphones but I hate it coz they are missing the message.
 Gospel Hip hop brings the Gospel, the Good news of christ to you in an accepytable way. It aint taking Christ away fronm you.
Who feels me?
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by kenshin(m): 10:29pm On Mar 28, 2006
And to really enjoy Gospel music you' ve got to really listen to the lyrics else the song won't make sense.
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by hotangel2(f): 12:24am On Mar 29, 2006
smileyAdd some kirk franklin to ur life n u'll see dat gospel music isnt all sad n solem
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by omogenaija(f): 1:41am On Mar 29, 2006
i love gospel music that u can dance to @ parties,

and like u said gospel music aint solem and sad. check out this  girl Busola Oke , her music is on point.
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by otokx(m): 5:46pm On Mar 30, 2006
of course not, a lot of our nigerian gospel artistes are giving sound a different meaning and dance an african approach.
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Omachile(m): 3:51pm On Mar 31, 2006
here are some gospel Rock artists that i know of. Toby mac, DC Talk, Newsboys, jars of clay, Switch foot, Sanctus real, Kutless, Odd Man Out, Micheal Tait, K-Max, 12 Stones(though they are not too clear. i don't get if they really are gospel or want to capture the two markets). guess you should easilly be able to get their albums.
who knows any real cool Nigerian Gospel artist? i would really l;ike to get a couple of them. i have a few though.
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by nike4real(f): 11:23pm On Apr 14, 2006
well 4 mi my people i believe gospel music really helps people. coz if i do listen to some gospel music which touch ur heart, u wouldn't know when u will start crying and makes u feel so deeply into emotion of no reason. lol smiley tongue kiss grin cheesy
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by Omachile(m): 10:37pm On May 12, 2006
Believe me gospel music move. in a happy mood, u need some Darlem zeach (wrong spelling). sha she is the Hilsong gospel woman. she makes me feel like jumping.
Then if u are downand want to hear some soul touch, then u can have Rita Springe. she is a queen of gospel soul. men she is off the hizzy!
BUT! i don't cry!
Re: Is Gospel Music To Be Sad "n" Solemn? by frijos(m): 2:13pm On Sep 05, 2009
@TOPIC In Gospel music there's praise and worship which is solemn and there are Gospel track that makes u wanna get up shake what u got for the lord! Samklef have a sufficient amount of that. Go check him out thru the links below. This dude is out to revolutionize the Nigerian Gospel music scene.

1. HE DON BETTER (SAMCLEF FT. VECTOR) http://www.zshare.net/audio/639554880e95a5ec/

2. RI MI SE (SAMCLEF FT. VECTOR) http://www.zshare.net/audio/6509339096b96617/

(1) (Reply)

Gush Nairaland Is More Annoying Than Nigeria.true Or False / Olamide Vs Iceprimce - Whichdo You Prefer? / Songs Of The 80s,90s Are They Better Than The 21st Century Songs?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.