Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

PDP Elected Me --- GEJ - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Elected Me --- GEJ (716 Views)

I Didn’t Know Corruption Was This Much Under Me- GEJ / 2015 POLLS: Please Support Me, GEJ Begs North-East / I Goofed, Businessday Misled Me - GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Daymauler: 6:55am On Apr 25, 2012
Is it true that PDP, not Nigerians elected bro Jonah?

President Goodluck Jonathan says he does not want to be admonished like a schoolchild.

Speaking at a dinner in honour of the National Working Committee of the Peoples Democratic Party in Abuja on Monday, Jonathan however told the PDP executives despite being president he was not above the party.

He said he and other members of the Executive arm of government as well as the legislature were ready to respect party supremacy.

Jonathan said, “The President cannot be a king or maximum ruler, the President is elected by the party and must serve the party not the party serving the President. So, if he is deviating, the President must be cautioned so that all will know that the party is supreme and all must all follow the dictates of the party.

“I am not saying the President should be admonished like a primary schoolchild. Nobody in the party from the President to the least person at the ward will be superior to the party. So, you have a lot of challenges in this direction to make sure that you instil that kind of discipline. We will give you maximum cooperation.”

“The PDP is a political party and as a party, we must have guidelines and no matter the office you are holding, the party must be in a position to discipline or admonish Mr. President if he deviates.

“In South Africa, the African National Congress can admonish the President because the party is superior. And that is why in the gathering of the party, the party chairman takes precedence in order of protocol. It shows that the President himself is under the chairman.

Jonathan said he would not take issue with those criticising his administration, saying, “when you are in the ruling party, you must show more maturity”.

The President said, “We must all work to create an avenue where the party will source funding so that if you are the chairman of the party, members of the working committee, you can manage the party without excessive influence of people.

“Even though we expect all moneybags to be in PDP, but we don’t want the moneybags to influence the activities of the party and to stop that of course, we must come up with programmes that will make the party self-sustaining in terms of financing.”

The PDP Chairman, Alhaji Bamagar Tukur, said the party could not be repositioned without internal democracy and discipline.

He urged all party faithful to ensure that they do not work in cross purpose with the government.

http://www.punchng.com/news/dont-admonish-me-like-a-schoolchild-jonathan/
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Soskid(m): 7:20am On Apr 25, 2012
Tactics to get pdp's ticket for a second term..... Whether GEJ or any other candidate, Nigerians are tired of PDP!!!
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by egift(m): 7:27am On Apr 25, 2012
Another foot in the mouth. One too many.

This guy has completely undermined the dignity of Office of The President to nothing. He is now reassuring them he remains their puppet (what a shame)

Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Jaideyone(m): 7:45am On Apr 25, 2012
Hehe where are the retards that voted GEJ not pdp? he said he was elected to serve the party of thieves. NIGERIANS ARE DOOMED.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Nobody: 7:46am On Apr 25, 2012
There are a number of things I have learnt from GEJ, some of which include how NOT to be a president and what NOT to say as a president.

Pity.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by maasoap(m): 8:06am On Apr 25, 2012
He is even worse than than schoolboy. He's corrupt and he condone corruption. Always making wrong speech and using words wrongly, a Ph.D holder for that matter.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by kokoA(m): 8:14am On Apr 25, 2012
Na wah.. GEJ never ceases to disappoint whenever he speaks in public. grin He was elected by the party abi? No wonder he cares less about the masses.. I think he needs to read this book "HOW TO SPEAK LIKE A PRESIDENT FOR DUMMIES"
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by naptu2: 8:27am On Apr 25, 2012
He was elected by the party @ the party primaries. Unfortunately there was no provision for independent candidates in the Nigerian constitution at that time.

Usually, a political party produces a manifesto, based on its ideology. The public scrutinise both the candidate and manifesto and vote for the candidate/manifesto/policy of their choice.

This is why I can't understand those who say they voted for Goodluck Jonathan and not for PDP.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2012
Damnnnnn, but must the Retardeen talk at all? Abati is simply doing a poor job. what is the meaning of this? Those that voted for the Retardeen and not PDP are the Losers here. They have obviously been foooled.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by Demdem(m): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2012
Daymauler:

“Even though we expect all moneybags to be in PDP, but we don’t want the moneybags to influence the activities of the party and to stop that of course, we must come up with programmes that will make the party self-sustaining in terms of financing.”

besides, what is the meaning of this especially coming from the retardeen (President)?
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by lincy(f): 8:52am On Apr 25, 2012
What do u expect, nw I knwo what wole soyinka is saying
, Wat do expect frm a man dat married deme patience jonarthern?infect very soon we will get him mouth remote control atleast we could be doing d following while we endure his his tenure
FF- when his giving a boring speach
RW-wen he is not had clearly
Skip- wen he is addreSsing international public
Stop- wen he is not making sence.

"Drunk fisher man that his boat will soon capzi"-lol am lost here.
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by cindyrella(f): 9:16am On Apr 25, 2012
Na wah oh.... Now we know why he cares less about the masses. Smh
Re: PDP Elected Me --- GEJ by doctokwus: 9:49am On Apr 25, 2012
Demdem:

besides, what is the meaning of this especially coming from the retardeen (President)?
My brother,it was d "money bags" part of d quote dat caught my attention.Short of saying wat actually is in my mind,d phrase& context GEJ used money bags is most annoying& a lack of understanding of what his statement meant

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Economy Could Grow At 10 Pct With Power - BPE / 34 Killed In Potiskum Market Attack / Compare: Bill Gate, Faraday, Oyedepo, Dangote, And The Inventors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.