Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,163 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA (10934 Views)

Madukar Orji Harassed At MMIA By DSS - Man Alleges / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Plane Crash In Lagos At Airport Road MMIA Near Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by tonte23(m): 7:07am On Apr 25, 2012
Salami Ibrahim found the wallet while cleaning a plane at MMIA
Article | April 24, 2012 - 9:14am | By Vincent Ehiabhi
Salami Ibrahim, a staff of the Nigerian Aviation Handling Company (NAHCO), who found and returned a wallet containing foreign currency totalling N7.3 million while cleaning an aeroplane has been rewarded for his honesty.

Ibrahim, a cabin cleaning team leader, found the wallet containing £25,000 and €5,000 inside an aircraft at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, (MMIA) Lagos, during a routine cleaning exercise.

Impressed with his show of honesty, the management of Turkish Airlines has rewarded Ibrahim with an all-expenses paid return trip to Istanbul, Turkey; despite the fact that the plane in question is not one of theirs.

Managing Director of the airline in Nigeria, Ali Bulut, said: "This is an act that should be rewarded and encouraged because it is good for the aviation industry in Nigeria. Even though the incident did not take place on Turkish Airlines' aircraft, we are happy that it happened at least in the industry.

Where I come from, good behaviour is rewarded even if it is not directly to you. We appreciate Ibrahim so much, and this is worthy of emulation for other aviation personnel that they must be trusted at all times and that good gesture such as this will surely be rewarded."

This is the second time that Ibrahim is returning money found while cleaning aircrafts. On September 11, 2009, he found another wallet in an aircraft containing cash and returned it to the owner. A letter of commendation was given to him by NAHCO then.

He expressed gratitude to Turkish Airlines for giving him the chance for the vacation. "When I found the wallet inside the aircraft while cleaning it, I submitted it to security and airline personnel; and the passenger came to collect the wallet in my presence. I want to thank Turkish Airlines for rewarding me on this," he said.

http://dailytimes.com.ng/article/man-who-found-and-returned-n7m
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by goldenval(m): 8:08am On Apr 25, 2012
Some people mind now go call this man yeye man lol... If na me.......ok..next time I will complete the sentence lol
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by antartica(m): 8:24am On Apr 25, 2012
That guy deserve to be nigerian president . His honesty is dumbfounding. I cant even trust myself to be that good in that hell hole.

8 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Okonkwosamuel(m): 8:33am On Apr 25, 2012
The man na mumu no 1.

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by lincy(f): 8:34am On Apr 25, 2012
Y naaa for dis hardship,in d next 2yrs wil ur salary fatch u dat? Lolzzzzzz
Congrats boy! I luv ur got ur 1 out of d 150 million population in d country as far am concern kip it up,it not all about money but INTERGRItY, d money we ar all looking for we use it buy intergrity but urs is d best.

2 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by antartica(m): 8:59am On Apr 25, 2012
The guy is not just 1 in 150million but in a billion. There are few people in the world that can do what he did. Dont forget he did it under duress, in a war like state that nigeria is right now. A state of absolute uncertainty for the meek.

Why this havent made the front page from the on set is something that buggers me. They will rather put man u and man city man march that is of no use to deep thinking than such news that can inspire beclouded nigerians to strive towards hardwork,honesty and continuity instead of laziness,looting,conning and maining like the elite do. They made wrong right and right wrong in nigeria by legitimizing corruption and inconpetence.

5 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Nobody: 9:00am On Apr 25, 2012
It is stories like this that make me believe there is still hope for Nigeria. All hope is not lost. I say he be given a national honour for portraying Nigeria in good light. Well done man.

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Alxmyr(m): 9:24am On Apr 25, 2012
antartica: That guy deserve to be nigerian president . His honesty is dumbfounding. I cant even trust myself to be that good in that hell hole.

What qualfies somebody to be Nigeria President must be of no significance in your mind.
Its people like you that vote on sentiment and foist on the rest of us epileptic leadership!
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by gulfer: 9:52am On Apr 25, 2012
Alxmyr:

What qualfies somebody to be Nigeria President must be of no significance in your mind.
Its people like you that vote on sentiment and foist on the rest of us epileptic leadership!
If having No shoes whilst growing up qualifies GEJ to be president of Nigeria, Then this bloke's honesty is a better qualification for political office. grin
On a serious note, what did the owners of the airline do for the guy as the Turkish airline is reported as not being the plane on which the wallet was found.

3 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by coolguy2002: 9:54am On Apr 25, 2012
who is salami ibrahim
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Honeycity(f): 10:00am On Apr 25, 2012
honestly this guy deserves a national award owing to the fact that this is not his first time of showing such good behavior
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by PHIPEX(m): 10:09am On Apr 25, 2012
Good people, Great nation!
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by nerodenero: 10:10am On Apr 25, 2012
This guy just blew my mind off with this unbelievable gesture.That is an attitude worth emulating but how many Nigerians could do what he did?Pls,dont ask me if I could return such.Thumbup man!
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:12am On Apr 25, 2012
antartica: The guy is not just 1 in 150million but in a billion. There are few people in the world that can do what he did. Dont forget he did it under duress, in a war like state that nigeria is right now. A state of absolute uncertainty for the meek.

Why this havent made the front page from the on set is something that buggers me. They will rather put man u and man city man march that is of no use to deep thinking than such news that can inspire beclouded nigerians to strive towards hardwork,honesty and continuity instead of laziness,looting,conning and maining like the elite do. They made wrong right and right wrong in nigeria by legitimizing corruption and inconpetence.
I believe you're not a sports person...plus, your punctuation sucks.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by gulfer: 10:15am On Apr 25, 2012
puplin: I believe you're not a sports person...plus, you're punctuation sucks.
And your English sucks. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Ayomax(m): 10:15am On Apr 25, 2012
i once made tht stupid mistake, i found 70k in a misplaced wallet n i returned it, only for da useless woman to giv me N100 for my reward,i left witout colectn da 1h. Dis guy wil regret returnin da money

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:16am On Apr 25, 2012
Honeycity: honestly this guy deserves a national award owing to the fact that this is not his first time of showing such good behavior
A national award for returning a lost wallet? As in, is that what the award is meant for? Smh

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:18am On Apr 25, 2012
gulfer: And you English sucks. grin cheesy
Lmao...i've modified it...need help with yours?
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by enkay10: 10:19am On Apr 25, 2012
I wonder how many nigerians can do this. but wat did d owner of d wallet do 4 d guy

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2012
nerodenero: This guy just blew my mind off with this unbelievable gesture.That is an attitude worth emulating but how many Nigerians could do what he did?Pls,dont ask me if I could return such.Thumbup man!
Hehehe...and am sure the passenger just said thank you to him. This guy probably doesn't need the all expenses paid trip to Turkey, the airline mgt should just give him the equivalent in cash.

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by ariyebaba(m): 10:21am On Apr 25, 2012
I KNOW SALAMI IBRAHIM VERY WELL.HE IS FROM TAMALE IN GHANA.

grin
shocked
tongue
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by ahmedisah(m): 10:22am On Apr 25, 2012
Maybe he does not need or know how to spend money. If he's my brother I'll disown him!
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:23am On Apr 25, 2012
enkay10: I wonder how many nigerians can do this. but wat did d owner of d wallet do 4 d guy
He said thank you, i really appreciate your kind gesture...this is unbelievable, thank you once again...have a nice day. Bye

2 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by RichDad1(m): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2012
Ayomax: i once made tht stupid mistake, i found 70k in a misplace wallet n i returned it, only for da useless woman to giv me N100 for my reward,i left witout colectn da 1h. Dis guy wil regret returnin da money
This is it....
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:24am On Apr 25, 2012
ahmedisah: Maybe he does not need or know how to spend money. If he's my brother I'll disown him!
I'm sure Allah's reward for him would be greater.

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2012
Okonkwo samuel: The man na mumu no 1.

Typical ibo man. . .what else can I say ? tongue if we complain of ibos and crime,y'all will start screaming tribalism but no one is condemning this id'iot for his stu'pid remarks !

1 Like

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by onyengbu: 10:26am On Apr 25, 2012
Ayomax: i once made tht stupid mistake, i found 70k in a misplace wallet n i returned it, only for da useless woman to giv me N100 for my reward,i left witout colectn da 1h. Dis guy wil regret returnin da money
and your english also sucks .... grin
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by stepo707: 10:27am On Apr 25, 2012
Honesty pays.More doors will be open to him as a result of this.
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:29am On Apr 25, 2012
Rich Dad:
This is it....
The other day in a banking hall, i picked up a small nylon bag containing pieces of #1000 notes that i didn't even bother to count before handing it over to the security man on duty. Dude just pocketed it....told his supervisor and the idiot smiled & asked me if the cash is up to #5000. I left the bank that day feeling like one very big mumu cuz i had just #500 in my wallet. Hehehehe
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by ahmedisah(m): 10:32am On Apr 25, 2012
I'm sure Allah's reward for him would be greater.

Thats true but its tempting and some ppl don't deserve such gesture
Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by acidtalk: 10:36am On Apr 25, 2012
Nigeria is a
FAILED STATE
FAILED NATION
FAILED GOVERNMENT
FAILED COUNTRY and
FAILED PEOPLE

What Nonesense! ARrant Nonesense!!

You have a young man like this that has displayed honesty, not once but twice and yet you didn't promote him?

3 years later he is still up there cleaning planes? NAHCO ONLY gave him a letter of "recommendation"? Isn't that wickedness?

This same man does it again, and its a foreign airline that compensates him while his employers and Nigerian are only giving him probably another letter of recommendation? Nonesense!

We leave hardworking and sincere men out there in the cold and give National Awards to bald headed, pot bellied men and women who have carted and looted our National treasury? God will certainly intervene one day.

Look around and see our past and present heros and their families wallow away in poverty while the people that are the cause of Nigerians sufferings are celeberated!

Well man can celebrate you but God will certainly humiliate you if you have put sufferings on the hearts of men and vice versa.

This is certainly the end time, when the Good things are assumed to be Wrong and condemned and the Wrong things are celebrated.

Mr salami, God will surely bless and reward your actions even if men condemn you for doing the right thing. You are a National Hero and deserve far more than a return trip to Instanbul.

14 Likes

Re: Salami Ibrahim Found And Returned ₦7M At MMIA by puplin(f): 10:38am On Apr 25, 2012
ahmedisah: I'm sure Allah's reward for him would be greater.

Thats true but its tempting and some ppl don't deserve such gesture
It could even be Allah trying this broda. But seriously, what if he had kept the wallet and the passenger went ahead to complain saying he's sure he dropped it in the plane. What if the wallet was now found on him after a search? Consider the humiliation, job loss and maybe arrest.
As tempting as #7.3m is.....honestly, i think he tot about all i said before deciding to return the wallet.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salomi Pagu: Soldiers Rescue Another Chibok Girl / Wike Orders Clampdown On Illegal Parks, Street Trading / Buhari Embarks On Eighth Foreign Trip In Five Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.