Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:41 PM

Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used (25112 Views)

The Beauty Of Street Football / Caption-you Will Understand If You Truly Play Street Football / Football Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by SUGURU: 4:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
Odiye: when u score an own goal. Labule: when the keeper is like a basket.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by tosenbaba(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
ALLOW..... WHEN U WANT TO TAKE A SHOT AND TELLING YOUR TEAM MATE TO LET GO
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by initialize(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
One torch
Ge run fun or "o wan height e" - when u height a player
otu - otu player o nse bi ogedengbe
Two captain - i1 and i2
Toros
Pare OY, pare Oyo
1 mumu is account, no shockin, no smashing, lane ball good ball, no service in d court

Oje - when u successfully trick a player
Pa ebi monu - when d ball struck u in d stomach
Oti fo lepon - when d ball struck d man's engine
Fe nu gba ball - when d ball struck d mouth
Sabon omu eye - when d keeper misses a catch
Lago - miss a kick
Ka fun - telling a player to do stepovers
She kin niyen fun - same as above
Bawi- dribble a player
Naza- sidefoot a shot
Spinning - curl a shot
Maradona - a good player
Oparaji- a player on dreadlocks
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by sholarb(m): 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Belle face: When a player plays d ball straight in d direction he is facing instead of towards goal.

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by seunbballo(m): 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Who remembers when all bobos gets to the pitch and everyone start shouting: ''I One'' - The ist person to choose players...loool

Also ''Sangalo'' : Backwards Scissors kick.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by mbulela: 5:01pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ibime: Ha my favourite topic. . .

These are PortHarcourt slangs for street footie. . .

(1.) "say say say" - means pass the ball
(2.) "Home!" - means pass the ball back to defence and start building up the play from the back again
(3.) "Opio" - means nutmeg
(4.) "Answer" - used when you pull off a trick to show your trick worked
(5.) "Man on" - means there is a man behind you
(6.) "Give I give" - means lets cool off and pass the ball around (while we rest)
(7.) "Sam Pam" - means lets pass the ball (but in a more dynamic way to hurt the opponent)
(8.) "We dey count set" - used when your team appears on the pitch and there is a match already going on
(9.) "Fool" - Pig in the middle training game
(10.) "Escobar" - own goal
(11.) "Ballay ay" - used for ballay game to indicate service

you forgot "Nansa"
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by mbulela: 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2012
seunbballo: Who remembers when all bobos gets to the pitch and everyone start shouting: ''I One'' - The ist person to choose players...loool

Also ''Sangalo'' : Backwards Scissors kick.
I two.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Nobody: 5:03pm On Apr 26, 2012
Yes o, especially wen d available sets on ground are so much dat u dnt hav a set 2 join, den ull start luking around 4 players who ull luv 2 form a new set wit.

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by sleekier(m): 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
"Raising" - to juggle the ball using leg while others are counting.
"Raising to 100, I give u 50 - to start raising from 1 while you allow ur opponent to start from 51. Meanwhile you are both going to 100. grin
grin
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by YEMOYEMI: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
what about ;pata'?

'Pata'is when you dribbled another player and put the ball through his two legs. 'o yo pata e'
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by DisGuy: 5:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Sangalo

Lago-- Air shot, when you fail to 'connect' with the ball/you miss a kick

Toros= nutmeg

shi- toe/ shi fanta= when you play barefooted, you kick a stone/wall you get a clean cut wound on ya toe!! Hinjury to bad!!
oh you pour sand onto the wound to stop it from bleeding- street medic wink
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Marcuzo: 5:07pm On Apr 26, 2012
jnsisong: Barawo goalie meanin goal thief, when ur offside.
OC when u've been dribbled and the ball passes btw ur legs.
....... I tink it is also also called opio, when ball passes btw ur legs
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by danyegbule: 5:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
OC: That's when a ball passes through your legs.
FELELE: That's the light ball
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by seunbballo(m): 5:11pm On Apr 26, 2012
APERE: THE GOALIE THAT LEAKS GOALS LIKE BASKET!!

AGBO D BASKET: ALSO NOT SO GOOD GOAL KEEPER!!

OTU OBO: WHEN U ARE THE LEAST EFFECTIVE PLAYER AND THE OTHER PLAYERS START BLAMING FOR THE TEAM'S INEFFICIENCY

SHORT ONE: WHEN A PLAYER AMONG THE TEAM IS SEEN AS JUST A STATUE AND USELESS TO THE TEAM!!

OTI RA BOOT: WHEN A PLAYER HAS INJURED HIS TOE TO THE POINT THAT THE BLOOD AND THE SKIN OF THE FOOT IS RED AND VISIBLE

I'LL WRITE MORE WHEN I REMEMBER..... grin
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Vigilante: 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
Rain ball
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by sleekier(m): 5:12pm On Apr 26, 2012
"Ojoro" grin - when the opponents start cheating.
"Ojoro cancelled" - when you later cheat to retaliate ur opponent's previous cheat. Both of u will now say "ojoro cancelled" to stop further cheat grin . So much fun!!
Apere (Basket) - useless keeper. grin
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Nobody: 5:13pm On Apr 26, 2012
I remeber dis one. It is the person that scores that wil go an keep
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 26, 2012
Eki = Very rough tackle
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by clerc(m): 5:25pm On Apr 26, 2012
leksiding: I remeber dis one. It is the person that scores that wil go an keep
Its called score and keep grin
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Kologie: 5:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
Lheyhe: Sangalow
omo English hard u o. Try explain am na!cheesy grin
Lheyhe: Sangalow
omo English hard u o. Try explain am na!cheesy
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by messiah(m): 5:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
MTN = yellow card
Econet= red card.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by chux76(m): 5:30pm On Apr 26, 2012
olawalebab: lugo. When a player misses a ball.
Its called "Lago"
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by imuselee(m): 5:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
pass e agada.......ball passing between legs. To tule the ball......to clear ball......man on u.......someone tackling u........kiss the post.......to hit bar.........over stone......ball passing ontop of post............wipe the ball.....play shot........ The ball dey bebere.....the ball is twisting......centerly....someone hunting for ball in the middle of several persons.....goal to goal......two persons playing as both player and keeper.....monkey post....small post.....the guy don miscue....the guy has made mistake........the guy kick sanya ....the guy has kicked empty space instead of the ball This na waffi own sha

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by eghost247(m): 5:33pm On Apr 26, 2012
Memories
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by FlyboyZee: 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
Be rin buga (in Hausa) - kick the ball to any direction, irrespective of the positioning of your co-players.
Passim ball (In Igbo) - Pass me the ball.
Sunday Rangers - Ibo traders that do play football only on sundays.
Peter Rufai - To dive blindly.
ojoro - Being partial (i. e. poor officiating).
Belle face - A player who kicks the ball to any direction, irrespective of the positioning of his co-players.
Sorle (in Yoruba) - A quick low short pass.
Tipping - To kick the ball with the toe in such a way that it lifts off the ground and over the next person (actually called chipping in football).
Tapping - One-touch football where you make quick short passes to fasten the tempo of the game.
Trigger - Take a good shot at goal.
Gba ya shot (in Igbo) - Take a shot at goal.
Bolon bolo - To kick the ball into the air or very high over the bar.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aD13SrgLiYM
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Libra9(m): 5:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
Monkey post
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by wabbyland(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
Otu - a useless player. First set, 3 player 1 goalie keeper
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Ibime(m): 5:49pm On Apr 26, 2012
Bladder - the black and white leather ball
Flying Carpet - the weightless rubber ball that obeys the wind
Tango - the orange ball that bounces all over the place
Make we tap leather - lets play football
Oliseh - Long ball
Bulala - wire shot
Heighting - play the ball over opponents head and trap it on the other side
Trapping - to control ball
Post to post - two man game taking shots at each other
Minus one - Rubbish player
Swabbing - when you faint to go one way and send the player in the opposite direction

1 Like

Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Kologie: 5:50pm On Apr 26, 2012
I can stll remember that in my neighbourhood we use terms like: JACK: rough tackle
SULE: when a ball passes through your legs. ;DI can stll remember that in my neighbourhood we use terms like: JACK: rough tackle
SULE: when a ball passes through your legs.
More postings when i recall some termscheesy
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Nobody: 5:51pm On Apr 26, 2012
Kologie: I can stll remember that in my neighbourhood we use terms like: JACK: rough tackle
SULE: when a ball passes through your legs. ;DI can stll remember that in my neighbourhood we use terms like: JACK: rough tackle
SULE: when a ball passes through your legs.
More postings when i recall some termscheesy

hehehehe Guy u truly play Felele ball well well.
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by olabukola: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
Police ball
Re: Naija Street Football: Funny Terms Used by Kc3000: 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2012
Afo anu - Useless player.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

John Mikel Obi Launches Football Foundation In Lagos / Lionel Messi Holds First Press Conference Since Joining Inter Miami CF / Falcons Take Protest March To Presidential Villa To Meet The FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.