Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,518 members, 7,826,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? (996 Views)

5 Questions Nigerians Want Amanpour To Ask Buhari / Constitution Review: I'll Abide By What Nigerians Want - Jonathan / Illegal Nigerians In America, Are You Nervous? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by maclatunji: 4:06pm On Apr 25, 2012
15 million Nigerians want to go to America – survey

Around 13 per cent of the world’s adults – or over 640 million people -would like to emigrate with roughly 150 million, including ten million Indians wishing to settle in America.

So suggests a new Gallup survey giving the US an undisputed title as the globe’s most desired destination for would-be migrants since Gallup began tracking patterns in 2007.

Would-be migrants who express desires to relocate to the US most likely come from populous nations such as China (22 million), India (10 million), Brazil (7 million), Nigeria (15 million) or Bangladesh (8 million).

In addition to the almost 1 in 30 adults globally who would like to permanently settle in the US, vast numbers are attracted to the UK (45 million), to Canada (42 million), to France (32 million), and to Saudi Arabia (31 million).

Despite large numbers of people in China, Nigeria, and India who want to migrate permanently to the US, these countries are not necessarily the places where the US is the most desired destination.

Potential migrants aspire to move to countries all over the world for the simple reason that they are in search of opportunity, Gallup said.

Opportunity could mean the chance to join family members who are already in other countries, to start a new business, to express one’s views without fear, or to live where children are treated with respect.

The reason the US is such a highly desired destination for potential migrants, in addition to being the land of opportunity, could be that many Americans are accepting of migrants in their communities, Gallup said.

http://www.channelstv.com/home/2012/04/25/15-million-nigerians-want-to-go-to-america-survey/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by Nebeuwa(m): 4:13pm On Apr 25, 2012
Who wouldn't want to live in the United States? The land of milk and honey, the land whose roads are paved in gold, America the beautiful. cool

I know I am being superflous with my words, but the Untied States is the land of opportunity, and it still remains a beacon of hope for the world's poor. A nation of immigrants from across the globe has made the United States truly great.

In America, we are free to take practical steps to bring our ideas and dreams to life, which explains why people risk their lives to come here and to attain citizenship.

God bless America.
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by ezotik: 8:29pm On Apr 25, 2012
cries she with silent lips
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me"

and the convicts ended up in australia grin grin
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by Nebeuwa(m): 10:02pm On Apr 25, 2012
ezotik: cries she with silent lips
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me"

and the convicts ended up in australia grin grin

That quote is true. The United States has been a refuge for people across the world. Unfortunately, some of my ancestors did not have that choice and were brought to this continent in chains.
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by ezotik: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
Nebeuwa:

That quote is true. The United States has been a refuge for people across the world. Unfortunately, some of my ancestors did not have that choice and were brought to this continent in chains.

grin u sure? hey, i dont want to be insensitive but the truth is, as at then, those ancestors were part of the "tired" and "poor" becos it was either they got tired of fighting or were too poor to afford the tools necessary to defend themselves, that was why they were put in chains in the first place and became part of the huddled masses yearning to breathe free.

makes sense, huh?
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by Mynd44: 10:48pm On Apr 25, 2012
I think I prefer sipping alomo in my backyard where I can yab my neighbour's daughter without her coming to sue me. Msheeeew
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by Callotti: 11:52pm On Apr 25, 2012
I beat them to it.
I don reach hia tey tey.
No going back from the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!!!!
Enjoying my whopping 3 days off in bed. . . . HOUSE COMPLETELY SPRING-CLEANED BY FOUR MEXICANS FROM TOP TO BOTTOM FOR ONLY $500!(ILLEGAL OR NOT. . . NA OBAMA WAHALA BE DATI O!).
No shouting. . . no stealing. Freezer full of food!!!
Constant electricity. . . water supply. . . no gasoline shortage plus full-time employment with complete retirement packages!!!
No armed robbers, no kidnappers, no juju, no witches-for-CHRIST, no dorty for road, no piss/shyte smelling all over the highways.
No GEJ and his m0r0nic cabinet to deal with.
Full coverage affordable insurance for the whole family.

Phock Nigeria and Africa for life! cool

Happy Memorial Day, Happy 4th of July in advance!!!

Mega vacation coming up for one whole month. . . in a few months WITH PAY!!! cool

Wetin Nigeria fit offer but DEATH AND DISEASES? grin

GOD BLESS AMERICA. . . .MY HOME SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETEST, BESTEEEEEEEEEEST HOME SWEEEEEEEEEEEEETEST BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESTEST HOME!!!!

No going back to the HELLHOLE called Nigeria or ANYWHERE in Africa!!!! Women RRRRRRRRROCK in the GREAT U.S.A The ultimate country for WOMEN!!!! cool

1 Like

Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by ezotik: 12:03am On Apr 26, 2012
^
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by Callotti: 12:40am On Apr 26, 2012
^
Old stalker. . .old ID. wink
Better than Nigeria any day.
No die o!
Any pictures to post today?
Or just fantasizing offline these days? tongue

Carry on my dia fan. . . nothing do you! kiss

Next ID please!
Re: 15 Million Nigerians Want To Go To America! Are You One Of Them? by ezotik: 1:01am On Apr 26, 2012
^

lol @ the self-importance. why would i be stalking u? i was on the thread before u.. o ye wretched refuse of the teeming shore.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Take On The Just Concluded Edo State Governorship Debate 2012. / Enugu State Government Ban Okada In Enugu Municpal Area / Serving Senator Killed In Jos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.