Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,474 members, 7,823,104 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? (1168 Views)

Do You Think Nairaland Will Still Be Nigeria's No 1 Forum In 10 Years? / Opinion: 5 Reasons Why Nairaland Is Better Than Facebook For Nigerians / Nairaland Is The Most Visited Website In Africa... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 7:45pm On Apr 25, 2012
I got to know about this site when i was younger and the whole thing seems to be confusing me. Nairaland/seunland is currently ranked the no.2 most visted nigerian site in Nigeria behind vanguard site. But that is not actually the case case.

The thing that really baffles me is that since i started using this site, i have never observe the total members online and guest exceed 500 and 2000 respectively. But just check gurusbase.com and see for urself the the number of online members and guest. Alwayz over 2000 online members and 4000 guest and yet nairaland traffic rank is higher than thiers.

The gurusbase is not even among the top 100,000 sites in the world and nairaland is among the top 2000 websites in the world. How come guys..pls i need to know why cos i hope to become a successful site owner someday just like Seun and use same techniques Seun is using to overtake those website with thousands of online traffic
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by tpia5: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2012
i explained on another thread, how some algorithm is helping crunch the numbers ie membership figures.

currently at 886,000+, projected to reach the 1 million mark by the end of the year.
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 9:18pm On Apr 25, 2012
tpia@:
i explained on another thread, how some algorithm is helping crunch the numbers ie membership figures.

currently at 886,000+, projected to reach the 1 million mark by the end of the year.
YoYoYo. Great to know that.. Does that mean if i created a website today and get 1.5 million memers in the next two weeks, i will overtake nairaland in alexa rankings? Cos i cuurrently own and run a facebook fan page with over 3 millions fans/likes. Comprising both nigerians and foriegners but dominated by foriegners cos it has a foriegn concept. I started bluilding the fan page since 2006 when i was younger
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 10:16pm On Apr 25, 2012
Guru wetin?

That domain was registered last year, and all the 6000+ people online are bogus.

Just click any id. They all signed up today and have no posts. What are they all doing online? Watching film?

Alexa isnt stupid u know? Check the number of views/comments on their homepage news.

Op, u no try at all!
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 10:54pm On Apr 25, 2012
yamakuza: Guru wetin?

That domain was registered last year, and all the 6000+ people online are bogus.

Just click any id. They all signed up today and have no posts. What are they all doing online? Watching film?

Alexa isnt stupid u know? Check the number of views/comments on their homepage news.

Op, u no try at all!

lol yamkuza u very funny. How can can u use the word "bogus" when those online members are real. I know when a website forges online members... I just wonder how they get thier traffic because they dont have SEO in their favour cos the website has a google page rank of 0/10. I know nairaland is more mature in terms of members participation and website design. All i have always been thinking is just creat a website and get the highest members online in the world and come 1st in alexa rankings
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 11:15pm On Apr 25, 2012
Peterson1993: lol yamkuza u very funny. How can can u use the word "bogus" when those online members are real. I know when a website forges online members... I just wonder how they get thier traffic because they dont have SEO in their favour cos the website has a google page rank of 0/10. I know nairaland is more mature in terms of members participation and website design. All i have always been thinking is just creat a website and get the highest members online in the world and come 1st in alexa rankings

ur answer is in your post. Digest it.

How can a Nigerian site registered last year have 6k+ people online at a time?

Head over to their forum link and click on 5 random usernames from the list of people online.

Tell us their names, when they registered, and how many posts they have.

We are waiting.
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by soloqy: 12:24am On Apr 26, 2012
For most of the forum softwares/social networking scripts out there, there are modules that fake users, members online and the rest. Some people use it to create an illusion of popularity. Simple logic like yamakuza said, its strange for a site that is so new, to have 6 thousand members online at a time. The owners are overdoing it to the point of being silly. If that was real traffic, it would have reflected on Alexa. Nairaland is ranking number 2 because of the real traffic. The site has been up for quite a while you know?

Look at website Outlook(Though they are not 100% accurate but it gives you an idea).

Nairaland : http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.nairaland.com . Look at the daily page views there.

Gurus Base: http://www.websiteoutlook.com/www.gurusbase.com . Look at the daily page views as well and judge for yourself.
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 2:24am On Apr 26, 2012
Well, one thing i did notice is that their fb icon had 7.4k . Thats a lot and difficult to fake right?

Perhaps the advert you created got retweeted or fed to their fb fanbase?

That could explain how u got likes even after your ad got deleted, no?

As per fb and twitter traffic, you know those can be bought na?
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by soloqy: 3:06am On Apr 26, 2012
Peterson1993: @yamakuza.

@soloqy. I am already aware of those site performace stuffs. I use http://www.mysitecost.com to evaluate them. And i am even more surprised seeing the gurusbase daily page view a division of about 20 of nairaland. Lolz even getting more confused
Why are althese guys decieving themeslves with online members.. I cant be fooled anymore. I conclude that the online members are fake. I also see some websites get over 8 thousand new members withing 3 days lolzzzz na wao

More like a division of 100 of Nairaland
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 4:32am On Apr 26, 2012
yamakuza: Well, one thing i did notice is that their fb icon had 7.4k . Thats a lot and difficult to fake right?

Perhaps the advert you created got retweeted or fed to their fb fanbase?

That could explain how u got likes even after your ad got deleted, no?

As per fb and twitter traffic, you know those can be bought na?

yeal... The very moment the ad tread got deleted, the rate of number of new LIKeS on the page reduced. I have a technique of getting new emails with ease with my mobile phone. I got new emails and registerd new accounts and place the adverts again.just to confirm and the new likes just keep pouring in. D fan was not even my major fage. Just created that practicalise. But u said a fb and twitter traffic can be bought How can that done?
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 11:22am On Apr 26, 2012
^ Are you sure you are not working for them?

Maybe you are here to promote GBase?
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 12:26pm On Apr 26, 2012
@yamkuza ...Lol.!!! Daz one of the most amazing questions i have ever come across all my life. Very clever question anywayz. But there are some key questions u can ask yourself to get an aswer to that ur question... what makes u think i will just come here and start discussing a website to promote it When there other intelligent wayz of promoting a website both legal and illigal Why will a site promotor call his promoting site "fake" with fake members online. I currently have about 18 yahoo emails and countless gmails. If i am actually want to promote any site, i will just simply register multiple accounts and go for a direct spamming by creating a thread with a very attractive topics and advertise even if i gat baned, no prob cos i will other pending accounts. Hell..!!! That question is a little bit childish cos within the next years, the views of this thread may not exceed 2000 and who will have the time reading stories. And the title of the thread is just too boring to use as an advert. Come on use ur head... U still haven't anwered me on how to buy a facebook and twitter traffic
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by yamakuza: 12:36pm On Apr 26, 2012
Ok, just making sure. You never can tell [s]with Webmasters turned Internet Marketers[/s] .

Its called hype/hyping, u know. Create a buzz, generate curiosity.

Dont tell me you dont know you can buy Facebook Likes or Twitter Follows from fiverr, odesk and other CPA sites? Search Google.
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by Peterson1993(m): 2:00pm On Apr 26, 2012
yamakuza: Ok, just making sure. You never can tell [s]with Webmasters turned Internet Marketers[/s] .

Its called hype/hyping, u know. Create a buzz, generate curiosity.

Dont tell me you dont know you can buy Facebook Likes or Twitter Follows from fiverr, odesk and other CPA sites? Search Google.

hmmm just knowing that now. Wana go into google for more.
Re: Pls Tell Me How And Why Nairaland Is Ranked The No.1 Forum Site In Nigeria? by zangiff(m): 2:57pm On Apr 26, 2012
nairaland gat great content from viewers and traffic.thats all

(1) (Reply)

The New nairaland and it's Negative effect on your website / Web Designers/developers Stop Charging Below 50k For Any Project. / Jumia/konga Affliate Data Feed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.