Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? (1150 Views)

Is The Adam And Eve Story To Be Understood Literally? / Reyginus Explain The Genesis Creation Story As You Requested For. / The Catholic Pope Francis- There Is No Heaven Or Hell And Adam And Eve Not Real (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 1:04pm On Apr 26, 2012
Please, I want to know if people really believe in the Adam and Eve story.

I also want to know if people think that this is a better alternative to evolution.

I support evolution but I am not here to argue, I just want to see people's beliefs. There are other threads for evolution vs creationism arguments.

Please state your beliefs and why;
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by igorekpengmail: 1:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
Are u from the planet earth or Jupiter?
lipsrsealed
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 1:16pm On Apr 26, 2012
igorekpen@gmail:
lipsrsealed

Wow keep trolling...

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:38pm On Apr 26, 2012
igorekpen@gmail:
lipsrsealed
He said he is from Mars. grin
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
logicboy: Please, I want to know if people really believe in the Adam and Eve story.

I also want to know if people think that this is a better alternative to evolution.

I support evolution but I am not here to argue, I just want to see people's beliefs. There are other threads for evolution vs creationism arguments.

Evolution theists and some gap theorists believe that the creation account and Adam and Eve specifically are myths and if so I wonder whether they also believe that our Lord Jesus Christ descended from a myth?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by brainpulse: 4:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
Why are you always creating treads that is anti-God? Why are you fighting with someone you don't believe in and exists. You have said it on numerous occasions that you don't believe in creation, then live it at that. Create treads that will add value to life since you always believe that is what atheist are known for(am yet to one of your tread). And droop your immature arguments
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:39pm On Apr 26, 2012
Anyone really believe that?
It's something that does not support the minimal analysis.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:47pm On Apr 26, 2012
In the beginning . . .

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 5:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
brainpulse: Why are you always creating treads that is anti-God? Why are you fighting with someone you don't believe in and exists. You have said it on numerous occasions that you don't believe in creation, then live it at that. Create treads that will add value to life since you always believe that is what atheist are known for(am yet to one of your tread). And droop your immature arguments

For the same reason you create your religious threads grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 5:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Evolution theists and some gap theorists believe that the creation account and Adam and Eve specifically are myths and if so I wonder whether they also believe that our Lord Jesus Christ descended from a myth?

Iam not here to argue. Why do you believe in the Adam and Eve story? I am just asking questions on this thread
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by JeSoul(f): 6:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
logicboy: Please, I want to know if people really believe in the Adam and Eve story.

I'm glad you opened this thread...I was going to reply your comment on that other one. Personally, I believe in the story of Adam & Eve 100%. However, we must also understand that there are several interpretations of the story of creation in Genesis. I do believe humanity began with them and God created us all.
A very wise NLder named Justcool once said and I quote:
Creationism does not oppose evolution; neither does evolution oppose creationism and God. They simply approach the matter from different perspectives.

The theory of evolution has many flaws, inconsistencies, gaps and glaring issues that are yet to be explained, so perhaps the theory as is right now could/probably is wrong in some regards. However, it is the best explanation science has right now and I have no problem with that. In spite of the many issues, I don't think it should be dismissed as a total 'myth'. Where the wahala begins, is when proponents of evolution who have an anti-God agenda begin to hijack it and assert that the theory excludes the possibility of an intelligent designer.

Evolution merely attempts to address the 'process' of how we got here, it does not comment the existence of a God in the midst of that process. The bible is NOT a scientific book and religious folks who attempt to introduce it as evidence in scientific discussions are making a grave mistake. They're both addressing the subject from different perspectives. And when placed side by side, they are not necessarily incompatible with each other - though I admit it takes some subjective interpretations of both to see that.

^my own two kobo. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:08pm On Apr 26, 2012
logicboy:

Iam not here to argue. Why do you believe in the Adam and Eve story? I am just asking questions on this thread
The answer to your question is yes. Mr Adam and Mrs Eve and the creation story is a historical fact and not an allegory as the compromisers would have you believe.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by DeepSight(m): 6:27pm On Apr 26, 2012
Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.

1 Like

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 6:28pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
The answer to your question is yes. Mr Adam and Mrs Eve and the creation story is a historical fact and not an allegory as the compromisers would have you believe.

Thanks for your answer.

These compromisers that you mention, are they christians with a different view of Adam and Eve?
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 6:31pm On Apr 26, 2012
JeSoul: I'm glad you opened this thread...I was going to reply your comment on that other one. Personally, I believe in the story of Adam & Eve 100%. However, we must also understand that there are several interpretations of the story of creation in Genesis. I do believe humanity began with them and God created us all.
A very wise NLder named Justcool once said and I quote:

The theory of evolution has many flaws, inconsistencies, gaps and glaring issues that are yet to be explained, so perhaps the theory as is right now could/probably is wrong in some regards. However, it is the best explanation science has right now and I have no problem with that. In spite of the many issues, I don't think it should be dismissed as a total 'myth'. Where the wahala begins, is when proponents of evolution who have an anti-God agenda begin to hijack it and assert that the theory excludes the possibility of an intelligent designer.

Evolution merely attempts to address the 'process' of how we got here, it does not comment the existence of a God in the midst of that process. The bible is NOT a scientific book and religious folks who attempt to introduce it as evidence in scientific discussions are making a grave mistake. They're both addressing the subject from different perspectives. And when placed side by side, they are not necessarily incompatible with each other - though I admit it takes some subjective interpretations of both to see that.

Thank you for your input. I disagree but it is nice to understand others' perspectives
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 6:32pm On Apr 26, 2012
Deep Sight: Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

This would tally with many things. A forbidden fruit would be the world of matter. Entering into it would bring about knowledge of good and evil, as presumably there is no evil in the realm from which the spirit came. Or there is just pure neutrality. Casting out man from the garden would be sending the spirit out of the spiritual realm into the world of matter. Wearing animal skins is a clear indicator of the physical bodies that man must wear to live in the physical world. Such bodies bear close resemblances to animal bodies. It is instructive that the fruit is given by the woman, since it is by women that we are born into the world of matter. On top of all that God promises that if man eats the fruit he shall die. It is certain that death is only known to man once he has entered the world of matter. Above all the reference to the Lord God strolling in the Garden and communing daily with man there on a one to one basis indicates that this was a spiritual realm where God's presence was.

Most instructively however, the TREE OF LIFE was said to reside in the garden. Crucially, it is said to be guarded by cherubs and a flaming sword after the fall of man. That says it all; it could not have been this earth. It was another realm. The ultimate realm.

Thank you for your input. I as an ex-catholic have not heard this type of interpretation before.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:58pm On Apr 26, 2012
logicboy:

Thanks for your answer.

These compromisers that you mention, are they christians with a different view of Adam and Eve?
Yes. There are theist evolutionists and those who believe God used evolution to create the universe which may be millions or billions of years. Some go as far as believing that the first book of the Bible is mythology and the last book of the Bible is a mystery that cannot be understood.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by JeSoul(f): 6:59pm On Apr 26, 2012
Deep Sight: Could it be that the legend related in Genesis regarding the fall of man in Eden is not a reference to an event that occured in this world, but rather describes the departure of the spirit of mankind from the eternal spiritual realm into the world of matter?

Interesting take. Various interpretations abound. From my understanding of the above, it would appear the 'location' of the event matters little to the moral of the story. Or you see it otherwise? Much like my approach to evolution - the process matters little to the moral - that God created all.

logicboy:
Thank you for your input. I disagree but it is nice to understand others' perspectives
You're most welcome.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 7:06pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Yes. There are theist evolutionists and those who believe God used evolution to create the universe which may be millions or billions of years. Some go as far as believing that the first book of the Bible is mythology and the last book of the Bible is a mystery that cannot be understood.

Do you think the theist evolutionists' beliefs are acceptable and should be preached in churches and schools? At least they learn evolution, in my opinion
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:18pm On Apr 26, 2012
logicboy:

Do you think the theist evolutionists' beliefs are acceptable and should be preached in churches and schools? At least they learn evolution, in my opinion
Your RCC teach and believe it.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Apr 26, 2012
JeSoul: I'm glad you opened this thread...I was going to reply your comment on that other one. Personally, I believe in the story of Adam & Eve 100%. However, we must also understand that there are several

Perfect answer!
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 7:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
OLAADEGBU:
Your RCC teach and believe it.

I didnt know that. grin grin grin
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by jcross19: 12:24am On Apr 27, 2012
logicboy:

are u telling me that there is no God or what?,well can u arrange lets meet face 2 face i will but do u blieve in cham?100% proof.adam and eve story but not perfect.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by logicboy: 1:16am On Apr 27, 2012
jcross19: are u telling me that there is no God or what?,well can u arrange lets meet face 2 face i will but do u blieve in cham?100% proof.adam and eve story but not perfect.

There is no God but that's a different thread
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by plaetton: 2:15pm On Apr 27, 2012
@jesoul:
Contrary to your asertions, the theory of evolution does not have many flaws, inconsistencies, gaps and glaring issues. Kindly list these if you can.The only contoversial issue in evolution is the source the first organic life. naturally,it is a conroversy because it does not give credit to the invisible hand of god.Therefore the religious tainted mind is the source of controversy or inconsistency in the theory of evolution . If we still cannot explain every detailed aspect of evolution, it only means that we still have much much more to study and learn, because our knowledge is evolving. Remember that we hv only been around for a less than a 100th of a microsecond relative to the age of the earth and that we have had to learn everything from scratch.

Our current knowledge in the fields of geology,paleintology,archeology,microbiology,astronomy and fossil records, do not in any way contradict the theory of evolution in any way. THEOLOGY is the only discipline that,undstandably, does ,because it has everything to lose. interestingly, even the late Pope John Paul, as recent as 1996, acknowledged the theory ,with the addition that evolution was guided by the hand of god.

On the other hand, if we accept the creation story presented in the bible as facts, then we most also accept biblical chronology as facts. If we do that, then, again,we have to come to accept that earth is just 4600 yrs old or thereabout. If in this 21st century, people still beleive that the earth is just 4600 yrs old, then it is really needless to try to argue with such a wild and ridiculous notion. accepting adam and eve as historical would automatical mean that the neanderthals and other homo habilis or other cro magnom species did not exists, and also, that cave men and other stoneage humans are just myths.

I do agree with you that both approach the issue from diffeent perspectives. I do maintain that the scientific perspective is by far the superior perspective in understanding cosmological issues simply because it has the ability to uprade or correct itself in the face of new knowledge.
My personal opinion is that Summerian scribes who wrote the original creation epic, their babylonian predeccesors who edited and copied them to suite their religious and political agenda, and the hebrew scribes who borrowed, copied, and yet again ,edited to suite their own theology, were all simply trying to tell the story of evolution from the way they understood it,writing in the only language they knew, through religion.
It is worhty of note that the ancient hebrew word for days also can be used to describe years , ages , eons, phases etc. So the six days of creaion could easily mean six eons of evolution or six phases of evolution.

@Deepsight:I agree with you that what was being shown were spiritual concepts dressed in allegory. Unfortunatly, my christian brethren have a habit of waxing spritual when confronted with simple physical realities and then resorting to physical explanations when confronted with abstract spiritual concepts.
Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:21pm On Apr 27, 2012
logicboy: I didnt know that. grin grin grin
Now you know, at least they are close to what you now believe.

Re: Is The Adam And Eve Creation Story Real? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Apr 27, 2012
ok.. i think i need to take a break from NL... cheesy
Person dey learn new thing everyday..

(1) (Reply)

Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) / ‘’…i Have Seen Jesus Often..’’ (smith Wigglesworth) / The Real Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.