Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) (1152 Views)

Cardinal Onaiyekan Disowns Recent Interview Against President Buhari / Pastor Kumuyi Disowns ‘Prophetess’ Who Claimed To Have Gone To Heaven & Back / Is Being Gay A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 07, 2012
I came across this harrowing letter on FaceBook, and I was like how hate-filled can a father be to disown his own child for something as bláse as being gay. I mean, even Jesus won't.

_
Whad'ya guys think?

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by MacDaddy01: 10:21pm On Aug 07, 2012
lmao.

Some members of my family tried to disown me when I told them that I'm an atheist. Unfortunately they needed money from me.

Anyway, I feel sorry for this young man.

As usual heartless christians will only come here to defend their pastors than rather feel pity for this guy. It is not a funny thing when members of your family want to disown you.

1 Like

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by Nobody: 5:15am On Aug 08, 2012
SimonAndal: I came across this harrowing letter on FaceBook, and I was like how hate-filled can a father be to disown his own child for something as bláse as being gay. I mean, even Jesus won't.
_
Whad'ya guys think?

The constant misuse of the word "hate" can be quite annoying. Please read the letter, what was "hate-filled" there? It is not "hate" to stick to your own principles regardless. the father is not obliged to maintain a relationship with a son who chooses of his own freewill to maintain a lifestyle that is deeply abhorent to his father's beliefs.

1 Like

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by Nobody: 7:46am On Aug 08, 2012
Ah, yes, David. Imagine if Jesus disowned you for every little fib you told and every little feeling of lust you had. Imagine that, will ya!

1 Like

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by MacDaddy01: 7:48am On Aug 08, 2012
davidylan:

The constant misuse of the word "hate" can be quite annoying. Please read the letter, what was "hate-filled" there? It is not "hate" to stick to your own principles regardless. the father is not obliged to maintain a relationship with a son who chooses of his own freewill to maintain a lifestyle that is deeply abhorent to his father's beliefs.

Of course, in the mind of bigots, they think they are rational.

Abraham was ready to sacrifice his son at the instruction of voices in his head....

2 Likes

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 08, 2012
I know what I'll do when my dad finds out I'm gay and disowns me (which, knowing him, is inevitable): I'll disown him right back!

1 Like

Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by engrtee(f): 8:29am On Aug 08, 2012
As christians,we should hate the sin but love the sinner. Most of us have comited atrocities worse than gayism,yet God stil loves us.

As parents, we are responsible for our children whether in or out of of sin, in sicknes and health, in suces and failure UNTIL DEATH.

No gud father would disown his child for being a sickler/asthmatic or failing exam or changing religion.instead try to lead him back 2ru prayer,punishment,counselling etc. DISOWNING SHOWS IRRESPONSIBILITY.
Re: Father Disowns Son For Being Gay (A Letter) by wiegraf: 8:53am On Aug 08, 2012
This guy was on reddit 2 days ago. Apparently the letter is from 5 years ago. They haven't contacted each other since. The guy is doing pretty fine as well. Imo, blood thicker than water is nonsense. And this guy isn't his dad. His biological father? Yes. Dad? Nope

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Full Transcript Of Obahiagbon's Interview Conducted By Sahara Reporters / Pastors Chris, Fake Pastors And True Men Of God's Conspiracy Of Silence!! / Pastor Kumuyi’s Son Apologised To The Deeper Life Over The Marriage- VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.