Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (437) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld (1154935 Views)

Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Chelsea Fans Thread : Winners of the FA Cup And League Winners 09/10 / The Galacticos (Real Madrid Fans Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1824) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 7:11am On Apr 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
Possession is not football, Bayern had all the possession but still couldn't do poo. We were more clinical with the little chance we got.

Okay oooo.
This can be said now. Fortunately Bayern attackers were lacking.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 7:40am On Apr 26, 2018
usbcable:

Okay oooo.
This can be said now. Fortunately Bayern attackers were lacking.
they were poo forward. If we had the chances they had. It could have been a 5-1 victory.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 9:47am On Apr 26, 2018
Sweet Scenes

Marcelo Trap Control From Varanes Pass

Lewa obstructing muller from scoring grin

G.O.A.T helping the defense to ease our poor defending in set piece.

Asensio great run for the Counter.

Ribery long Nose cheesy

Navas is a great goalkeeper, he could thrive in other clubs that have a stable defense, not here where you'll see your defences playing in midfield most time

And extra offensive full backs like M12 and Dani

G. O. A. T should not play the no9 role

Casemiro is still shaky too, any wrong decision made by him always bounce pressure on the defense.

He should improve in his decision making.

I don't like their pitch grin

4 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by raumdeuter: 9:51am On Apr 26, 2018

Benatia will be somewhere wondering
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 9:53am On Apr 26, 2018
raumdeuter:

He's pass the ball before the push, I think you should see that
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by raumdeuter: 10:00am On Apr 26, 2018
LosVikingos:

He's pass the ball before the push, I think you should see that

The push disrupted his pass. I think you should see that
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by TalabiAudu: 10:06am On Apr 26, 2018
grin
Apari no wan agree sha
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by TalabiAudu: 10:09am On Apr 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
Lol, James over working himself yesterday just to punish zizou, glad he failed,although he made an assist.

Hope he fails again in the second leg.

grin
I thought I was the only one that noticed that..

Unfortunately for him, the god of ex players hurting managers was asleep yesterday. grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2018
raumdeuter:

who brought you here?
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 10:50am On Apr 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
who brought you here?

Looking for Justice cheesy
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:52am On Apr 26, 2018
LosVikingos:
Sweet Scenes

Ribery long Nose cheesy

Navas is a great goalkeeper, he could thrive in other clubs that have a stable defense, not here where you'll see your defences playing in midfield most time

Casemiro is still shaky too, any wrong decision made by him always bounce pressure on the defense.

and also thank God we lost that second leg to juventus, we have learnt from that, no mistakes should be made in the second leg
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:53am On Apr 26, 2018
LosVikingos:

Looking for Justice cheesy
. ; grin justice my left a$$,
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:56am On Apr 26, 2018
TalabiAudu:

grin
I thought I was the only one that noticed that..

Unfortunately for him, the god of ex players hurting managers was asleep yesterday. grin
grin only the god of injuries was awake.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LosVikingos: 11:02am On Apr 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
and also thank God we lost that second leg to juventus, we have learnt from that, no mistakes should be made in the second leg

Watch out for the second leg... Hot hot stuff ahead
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 11:19am On Apr 26, 2018
LosVikingos:
Sweet Scenes

Ribery long Nose cheesy

Which position did you think CR7 has been playing since the season started?

Cr7 is our 9 since the season started.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 11:23am On Apr 26, 2018
How i wished we had Kane last night for G.O.A.T's handball, he could have appealed the goal grin
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 26, 2018
Miremoses1:
get out of the this thread.
come and kick me out...
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by FergieRaww(m): 11:29am On Apr 26, 2018
This why i said we need a good enforcer of the game, i don't care about the romance CR7 has with benzema, we're not made up of only one player (cr7) we need somebody that can take us up in the future cause there's no more future with cr7 (he's 33 already OmGosh)
when he's lost then we're dead just like last night... i do wish zizou can see this too
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 12:11pm On Apr 26, 2018
Thug life cool

3 Likes

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Yonce(f): 12:12pm On Apr 26, 2018
LosVikingos:
Sweet Scenes

Ribery long Nose cheesy

My highlight.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 2:05pm On Apr 26, 2018
usbcable:

We could also have conceded more if Bayern were more clinical or if navas was AWOL when the shots were played.

Our defence is terrible, let's just admit it.

The question is what can we do about the defense?

Each of them are the best in their respective positions on the planet. It seems as tho' like Benzema they've forgotten how to do the primary thing they're paid for. It's made worse by our aging midfield who often switch off.

Casemiro was supposed to track Kimmich, he just let the youngster run past him and didn't even make an effort.

Even if you bring another good CB, it wouldn't solve the defensive gaffe of the midfield. Unfortunately, aside Kovacic, we don't have any other ready option. I'd rather Llorente and Ceballos didn't leave, but Zidane doesn't seem to have any confidence in them.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 2:15pm On Apr 26, 2018
monerozi5590:

Which position did you think CR7 has been playing since the season started?

Cr7 is our 9 since the season started.

Not really. Most of the games CR7 underperformed in were games he played as the primary striker.

CR7 does not take to the traditional striker role, at least not yet. Muzzling with defenders physically and being without the ball for long stretches. The G.O.A.T needs freedom and he can't get that if he has to always be in the box.

Here's a detailed analysis of his stats as a sole 9 vs having a strike partner on Quora that explains it better than I ever could--https://121football.quora.com/Real-Madrid-s-Match-vs-Real-Sociedad-Further-Proof-of-CR7-s-Underwhelming-Numbers-Being-a-Result-of-Zidane-Terribly-M

I was thinking CR7 will play with Vazquez as his strike partner up front and Isco would play behind them. Zidane had other plans, which weren't necessarily bad. It just wasn't optimal for CR7.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 2:34pm On Apr 26, 2018
LordAdam16:

Not really. Most of the games CR7 underperformed in were games he played as the primary striker.

CR7 does not take to the traditional striker role, at least not yet. Muzzling with defenders physically and being without the ball for long stretches. The G.O.A.T needs freedom and he can't get that if he has to always be in the box.

Here's a detailed analysis of his stats as a sole 9 vs having a strike partner on Quora that explains it better than I ever could--https://121football.quora.com/Real-Madrid-s-Match-vs-Real-Sociedad-Further-Proof-of-CR7-s-Underwhelming-Numbers-Being-a-Result-of-Zidane-Terribly-M

I was thinking CR7 will play with Vazquez as his strike partner up front and Isco would play behind them. Zidane had other plans, which weren't necessarily bad. It just wasn't optimal for CR7.

-Lord

That would have been suicidal. Carvajal would have been left exposed.

Madrid allowed too many passes through the middle which i don't like.

We should also work on how to defend set pieces. That should be one of the drills before the return leg
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 2:45pm On Apr 26, 2018
monerozi5590:

We should also work on how to defend set pieces. That should be one of the drills before the return leg

That is why I said, Zidane's plan wasn't necessarily bad.

Our midfield is all over the place when defending.

About defending set pieces, there's no magic that'd make us ready before the return leg. That's a deficiency we have to live with.

More bad news is that Carvajal is ruled out for two to three weeks. And Nacho is also out injured. I hope Zidane doesn't gamble with Achraf. Anybody but Achraf against Ribery+Alaba.

So it appears CR7 would likely also play as the only man upfront in the Bernabeu.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:48pm On Apr 26, 2018
raumdeuter:

Na only you they talk of this angry
Tsheew
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:52pm On Apr 26, 2018
LordAdam16:

The question is what can we do about the defense?

Each of them are the best in their respective positions on the planet. It seems as tho' like Benzema they've forgotten how to do the primary thing they're paid for. It's made worse by our aging midfield who often switch off.

Casemiro was supposed to track Kimmich, he just let the youngster run past him and didn't even make an effort.

Even if you bring another good CB, it wouldn't solve the defensive gaffe of the midfield. Unfortunately, aside Kovacic, we don't have any other ready option. I'd rather Llorente and Ceballos didn't leave, but Zidane doesn't seem to have any confidence in them.

-Lord

Our midfield is not aging.

Only Modric is above 30.

If at all we win this seasons UCL, expect a whitewash next season because the motivation is dwindling across the team.

That is the only reason I can seem to want to blame for the performance.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by usbcable(m): 5:54pm On Apr 26, 2018
monerozi5590:

If Bayern would work on set pieces we are done for it.

We have been terrible defending crosses especially of late.

Look at the Girona match.
Look at Juve's goals.

All crosses.

Yesterday's goal sef style style join

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by RuuDie(m): 6:14pm On Apr 26, 2018
usbcable... hats off to you man. Your objectivity is really exemplary.

Real Madrid may have won, but do not look solid. Unless your team plays a better game next week, it might just be Juve all over again; but with with a totally different outcome this time.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by RuuDie(m): 6:18pm On Apr 26, 2018
usbcable:

If Bayern would work on set pieces we are done for it.

We have been terrible defending crosses especially of late.

Look at the Girona match.
Look at Juve's goals.

All crosses.

Yesterday's goal sef style style join

Yep... my sentiments too. I cannot understand teams having Dzeko, Manzukic, Muller or Lewandowski not wanting to put crosses in the box especially against your team.
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by LordAdam16: 9:26pm On Apr 26, 2018
usbcable:

Our midfield is not aging.

Only Modric is above 30.

If at all we win this seasons UCL, expect a whitewash next season because the motivation is dwindling across the team.

That is the only reason I can seem to want to blame for the performance.

And only Casemiro is under 25. Kroos will be 29 next year.

It's not motivation, it's lack of adequate squad depth.

No CR7, we lack teeth. No Modric, we lack direction. No Casemiro, we are already a goal down.

-Lord
Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by Miremoses1(m): 10:17pm On Apr 26, 2018
Athletico's defense is something else.

S. O. L. I. D

1 Like

Re: R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld by monerozi5590: 10:29pm On Apr 26, 2018
LordAdam16:

And only Casemiro is under 25. Kroos will be 29 next year.

It's not motivation, it's lack of adequate squad depth.

No CR7, we lack teeth. No Modric, we lack direction. No Casemiro, we are already a goal down.

-Lord

Which Casemiro?.... Forget him at the moment. He is easily dispose of the ball and most often leads to goal

(1) (2) (3) ... (434) (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) ... (1824) (Reply)

EPL Chatroom - All Discussions / Arsenal Fans Thread: Finally Reborn! The Red & White Army: FA CUP Champions 2020 / Fc Barcelona Fan Thread: "més Que Un Club"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.