Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,746 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:41 AM

Has Nigeria Ever Being Great? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Has Nigeria Ever Being Great? (576 Views)

Revealed! The Best President Nigeria Ever Had..see Photo Statistics / What Has Nigeria Done To USA ? / June 12 Annulment: How Has Nigeria Fared? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Has Nigeria Ever Being Great? by gbokukueba(m): 10:41pm On Apr 26, 2012
I ask myself this question over and over again. I was born in the 80s for 30 years i have seen the worst that Nigeria has become and i hear people talk about the good old days. They say there used to be electricity 247 and annoucement in the media if it will be interuppted and am puzzled that there are loads of communities today 2012 that has never had electricity (Theres a town i know sometime in 2003 its called Tonkere guys that schooled in Ife will know it then they had NEVER had electricity). When we talk about road and other infractructures the story is not too different. They said it is by voting we came out massively only for someone 'humble' guy returned back to office.

I have visited UAE and each time i look around i feel sad for Nigeria because 30years ago Dubai was a desert but today it is a nice city with all the potential of being one of the greatest city in the world.

When will our own come? I have a 3 year old daughter she already knows that NEPA takes light...

This is sad and very sick...

Am thinking of moving my family out to a saner country.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Being Great? by chrishenzo: 12:08am On Apr 27, 2012
The earlier you accept that Nigeria is never a country, the easier for you to understand why we are still in this position.

Right from the time Nigeria gain their independence, Nigerians have never consider themselves as one. The leaders would have solve this problem if only they had make good use of Nigeria resource to develop all sectors of the country. But rather the leaders started playing tribal game, making policies that favour only the ethnic they belong to, refusing to sign projects that will benefit project located in an area that doesn't belong to their group, refusing to patronize a business plan because the owners are not Christians or Muslims, citizens casting votes not because the person is capable but because he/she is from his group, religion, etc.

This post is one of the things I am talking about (https://www.nairaland.com/924355/one-best-chefs-america-yoruba)

Nigeria will experience rapid development if only we have people that think first of the country or if we move to regional government, or decide to end our more than 51 years old marriage.

So to answer your question, there is nothing like the good old Nigeria. What we have is the better old Nigeria.
Re: Has Nigeria Ever Being Great? by Callotti: 5:07am On Apr 27, 2012
Absolutely NOT!
Who dash momkey shaving stick?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian's, Why Is Nigerian Government Not Be Able To Stop Boko Haram Massacre / Transfer Students In Buk Back To Their Respective States. / Mark To Fg:dialogue With Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.