Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Atheist And A Christian In Danger - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist And A Christian In Danger (2667 Views)

Obasanjo, Oyedepo’s Lives In Danger – Prophet Oladele Samuel / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / The Atheist And The Pagans Should Stop Insulting Jesus Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 8:05pm On Apr 28, 2012
Please, tell me what yu think about this story;

An atheist and a christian who were friends but always have arguments on religion went rock climbing. The christian slipped and was left hanging on one hand on a cliff. The atheist rushed to the cliff and was about to help him but the atheist suddenly stopped. (note that the christian is hanging on one hand and needs the atheist's help to climb up). They immediately started a conversation

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] why did you stop?? help me!!!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] ask God to help you

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] are you mad?? help me!!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] ask God to help you. Dont you believe in him?

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I believe in God. God sent you to help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] but you always called me "Satan's agent" since I didnt believe in God. How can God send Satan to help?
"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matthew 12;30

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I am sorry for calling you Satan or Satan's agent. Help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] Still, why dont you ask God to help you? Also, if you die, you will go to heaven. Two reasons why I shouldnt help you. I should let your hand get weak
and then you fall off.

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I dont want to die! help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] I will help you but remember two things; First, you did not pray when you were in trouble, you immediately asked for my help and second is that I saved you not God. You should realize that even you showed that God is not necessary, even when you're in trouble.

====================================================

What do you think about the story? Is the atheist right or wrong?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by dekung(m): 9:20pm On Apr 28, 2012
I thnk the aatheist is right for setting the record straight otherwise the christin will go to church to give testimony of what God did not do nd claim God sent him a helper.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
dekung: I thnk the aatheist is right for setting the record straight otherwise the christin will go to church to give testimony of what God did not do nd claim God sent him a helper.

Agreed. I'm waiting for what the christians will say about this.....
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 9:31pm On Apr 28, 2012
logicboy: Please, tell me what yu think about this story;

An atheist and a christian who were friends but always have arguments on religion went rock climbing. The atheist slipped and was left hanging on one hand on a cliff. The christian rushed to the cliff and was about to help him but the christian suddenly stopped. (note that the atheist is hanging on one hand and needs the christians's help to climb up). They immediately started a conversation

[size=16pt]Atheist;[/size] why did you stop?? help me!!!!

[size=16pt]Christian;[/size] ask God to help you

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] are you mad?? help me!!!

[size=16pt]Christian;[/size] ask God to help you.Why dont you believe in him?

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] This is not the time for this bullsh#t!!!

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] but you always said god is fake .Calling me delusional because I believe in God. Now you want God to help?
"He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad." Matthew 12;30

[size=16pt]Atheist;[/size] I am sorry for calling God a fairy tale!!

[size=16pt]Chrisitan;[/size] Still, why dont you ask God to help you? Also, if you die, you will go to heaven. Just ask for jesus to come into your heart.

[size=16pt]Atheist;[/size] I dont want to die! help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] I will help you but remember two things; First, you did not pray when you were not in trouble, but you immediately asked for God's help when you were and second is that God loves you. You should realize that even you showed that God is necessary, especially when you're in trouble.

What do you think about the story? Is the christian right or wrong?

Stop trolling.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 9:43pm On Apr 28, 2012
Martian:

Stop trolling.

Irony plus hypocrisy!!!!

Trolling is when you annoyingly add nothing to the thread and insult the op like you just did! grin
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 28, 2012
logicboy:
Irony plus hypocrisy!!!!
Trolling is when you annoyingly add nothing to the thread and insult the op like you just did! grin

All I did was edit the post. So you were insulted by that?!

Anyway, I edited it to show how utterly ridiculous it is. Makes about as much sense as "Einstein vs The professor" stories.

Just look at it.

An atheist and a christian who were friends but always have arguments on religion went rock climbing. The christian slipped and was left hanging on one hand on a cliff. The atheist rushed to the cliff and was about to help him but the atheist suddenly stopped. (note that the christian is hanging on one hand and needs the atheist's help to climb up). They immediately started a conversation

What kind of "friend" starts a conversation about god when someone's life hangs in the balance?! This is a hilariously bad premise.

logicboy: [size=16pt]atheist;[/size] ask God to help you

I agree with the christian. Are you mad??
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2012
Martian:

All I did was edit the post. So you were insulted by that?!
No, I was insulted when you called me a troll

Martian:
Anyway, I edited it to show how utterly ridiculous it is. Makes about as much sense as "Einstein vs The professor" stories.

Kudos to you! You were creative but your story didnt make sense. The athiest believes in only hwat he sees and why should he call on God when he can see his friend?

Martian:
What kind of "friend" starts a conversation about god when someone's life hangs in the balance?! This is a hilariously bad premise.

The kind of friend that knows that you are not going to die soon and wants to let you know that he has kept the secret of disliking it when you call him an agent of satan because he is an atheist.

The Einstein story is a hoax. This story is my idea based on a similar situation
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by dekung(m): 10:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
@Martian,
Einstein and the proffessor story was touted by Christian to be a true story, this, on the other hand is just a hypothetical situation
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 28, 2012
dekung: @Martian,
Einstein and the proffessor story was touted by Christian to be a true story, this, on the other hand is just a hypothetical situation

I know that. Both are just infantile and not well developed. It's like the op had a brain fart and decided to jump on nairaland and spread the putrid logic.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by cyrexx: 11:25pm On Apr 28, 2012
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 11:52pm On Apr 28, 2012
Martian:

I know that. Both are just infantile and not well developed. It's like the op had a brain fart and decided to jump on nairaland and spread the putrid logic.

The Einstein story was a lie and a perversion of scientific fact. Explain how anything is illogical in this story?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 11:57pm On Apr 28, 2012
cyrexx: i believe christianity and atheism had little to nothing in common, and each one should follow what he really believes. and we should respect each other and not try to convert another person to one's belief system. i am a christian and my belief system has answers to some questions that atheism didn't have (like who created the world and every other complex phenomenon we observe including our great minds we use in reasoning) while atheists are not bound by some of our rules for living since, according to their belief system, there is no judgement, no afterlife, no heaven or hell, no Higher Being etc. i respect that. another thing is that I as a Christian cannot prove 100% that God exists while atheists cannot prove 100% that God does not exist, but we can learn one or two thing to strengthen or reshape our different belief system with MUTUAL RESPECT for each other not try to call anyone a fool. we will never really know who is right or wrong until hundreds of years from now, i think. thats my submission

Where was the mutual respect when European christians took my ancestors as slaves?

Religion (christians and muslims etc) need to be told the truth. If you want to believe in God, that is fine but you have no right to say that someone is a devil or fool for being an atheist

1 Like

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by cyrexx: 12:21am On Apr 29, 2012
@ logic boy. what happened to our ancestors hundreds of years ago does not prove or disprove a belief system. those slave traders cannot be called christians, cos they violated the true christian belief of doing unto others only what you want for yourself. Also i am not among those that call people fools, infact if you read my post very well you will notice i'm open minded. have you fully read my post, pls read it and comment on what i said especially about proving our belief systems 100% and providing answers to complex questions of life. thanxx
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2012
cyrexx: @ logic boy. what happened to our ancestors hundreds of years ago does not prove or disprove a belief system. those slave traders cannot be called christians, cos they violated the true christian belief of doing unto others only what you want for yourself. Also i am not among those that people fools, infact if you read my post very well you will notice i'm open minded. have you fully read my post, pls read it and comment on what i said especially about proving our belief systems 100% and providing answers to complex questions of life. thanxx

Slavery is regulated in the bible and so, the European slave traders were true christians.

Your religion does not provide any answer to any complex question because the bible is not scientific. Creationism is a lie. Human beings were not created.

[img]http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg405/scaled.php?server=405&filename=billboarde.png&res=landing[/img]
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Jasiel(f): 2:02am On Apr 29, 2012
I mean no disrespect but I would like to know logicboy better. I'm not interested in preaching to u or even trying to convince you about christianity. I would just like to get to know u. I'm serious
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Callotti: 5:41am On Apr 29, 2012
I for just push the "baga", waka comot! Especially, if na NL Ogboni-Okija-Sharia-Boko Haram Christian. Tufiakwa!!!!
Make im go meet dat im Jesus wey im arrrrrze love so much.
Ope!!!!

Make im no save me either!
Who wanno go out with a phocking Christian for ANY reason?
Tufiakwa I repeat!
Twa to the highest PAWA!!!
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2012
Jasiel: I mean no disrespect but I would like to know logicboy better. I'm not interested in preaching to u or even trying to convince you about christianity. I would just like to get to know u. I'm serious

Know me? Why?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 8:29am On Apr 29, 2012
Callotti: I for just push the "baga", waka comot! Especially, if na NL Ogboni-Okija-Sharia-Boko Haram Christian. Tufiakwa!!!!
Make im go meet dat im Jesus wey im arrrrrze love so much.
Ope!!!!

Make im no save me either!
Who wanno go out with a phocking Christian for ANY reason?
Tufiakwa I repeat!
Twa to the highest PAWA!!!

Calm down.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by 2good(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2012
logicboy:

Where was the mutual respect when European christians took my ancestors as slaves?

Remember your black ancestors sold your ancestors to the Europeans.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 9:20am On Apr 29, 2012
2good:

You're not using your brain. Did you just say that as a slavery apologist? To minimize the evil that was done by Europeans of that time?

1) The were Jewish people who collaborated with the Nazis. Do we blame Jews for the holocaust?

2) Slaves were never a commodity in Nigerian tribes, especially in the south before Europeans came. Neighboring tribes were killed but never enslaved. Where was the need for slaves in West African societies before Eurpeans and Arabs came? A family worked on their own farm - the wives and children joined in the labour. Where was the need for slaves?

3) Do you think it is easy to sell your fellow brothers into slavery? Considering point number 2, how many rich Nigerian slave traders did we hear about and do you think that the FEW who sold slaves did it out of pleasure or fear?

Think before you talk
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Jack65: 9:35am On Apr 29, 2012
2good:

No they did not.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by 2good(m): 10:42am On Apr 29, 2012
logicboy:

You're not using your brain. Did you just say that as a slavery apologist? To minimize the evil that was done by Europeans of that time?

1) The were Jewish people who collaborated with the Nazis. Do we blame Jews for the holocaust?

2) Slaves were never a commodity in Nigerian tribes, especially in the south before Europeans came. Neighboring tribes were killed but never enslaved. Where was the need for slaves in West African societies before Eurpeans and Arabs came? A family worked on their own farm - the wives and children joined in the labour. Where was the need for slaves?

3) Do you think it is easy to sell your fellow brothers into slavery? Considering point number 2, how many rich Nigerian slave traders did we hear about and do you think that the FEW who sold slaves did it out of pleasure or fear?

Think before you talk

You behave like a child trying to force a new learnt believe on others. You don't have to resort to insult before making your point. Who sold the slaves to Europeans? You obviously don't know about the slave trade history. I am not trying to exonerate the white man for their crime, I just want to let you know that the African way of life with selfish interest and non cooperation among blacks fuelled the trade. Blacks were ready to go to war with neighbouring tribes just to get slaves to sell for bottles of gin, mirror, guns, etc.`I am 100% African, an agnostic and at thesame time realistic and analyse things from several perspectives. What you're all doing is failing to take responsibility for the contribution your race made to enslaving your own people, putting all the blame on the white man instead of coming together as a people to try and solve your common problem. The result of your actions is the civil war going on in the whole of Africa.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by DeepSight(m): 4:56pm On Apr 29, 2012
I suffered a heart attack about ten years ago and very nearly died. In the traumatic moments when my best friend rushed me to the hospital and snatched back my life from a few seconds to death, I never for once called on Jesus. I did, however, call on the ETERNAL GOD. That experience convinced me that not even a lifetime of indoctrination can change the mind of he who is truly convinced that a teaching is false. I did not believe the teachiing about Jesus being God or praying through Jesus, and at the most critical moment of my need, I still did not feel compelled to call out to him. Nor will I ever.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2012
@Deep Sight:
What are your religious beliefs?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2012

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] why did you stop?? help me!!!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] ask God to help you

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] ask God to help you. Dont you believe in him?

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I believe in God. God sent you to help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] but you always called me "Satan's agent" since I didnt believe in God. How can God send Satan to help?

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I am sorry for calling you Satan or Satan's agent. Help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] Still, why dont you ask God to help you? Also, if you die, you will go to heaven. Two reasons why I shouldnt help you. I should let your hand get weak
and then you fall off.

[size=16pt]christian;[/size] I dont want to die! help me!!

[size=16pt]atheist;[/size] I will help you but remember two things; First, you did not pray when you were in trouble, you immediately asked for my help and second is that I saved you not God. You should realize that even you showed that God is not necessary, even when you're in trouble.

What do you think about the story? Is the atheist right or wrong?

guy, have u thought about it that this could happen the other way round as well?
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by DeepSight(m): 5:18pm On Apr 29, 2012
musKeeto: @Deep Sight:
What are your religious beliefs?

I am not religious. I believe in the existence of an eternal creative element which I understand to be God. I believe in mankind's spirituality. However I do not believe in the judeo-christian/ arabic precepts of God. I beleive that Jesus was an ordinary human being like you or me. If I were forced to pik a religion, it would probably be buddhism.

1 Like

Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Ayomivic(m): 5:20pm On Apr 29, 2012
cyrexx: i believe christianity and atheism had little to nothing in common, and each one should follow what he really believes. and we should respect each other and not try to convert another person to one's belief system. i am a christian and my belief system has answers to some questions that atheism didn't have (like who created the world and every other complex phenomenon we observe including our great minds we use in reasoning) while atheists are not bound by some of our rules for living since, according to their belief system, there is no judgement, no afterlife, no heaven or hell, no Higher Being etc. i respect that. another thing is that I as a Christian cannot prove 100% that God exists while atheists cannot prove 100% that God does not exist, but we can learn one or two thing to strengthen or reshape our different belief system with MUTUAL RESPECT for each other not try to call anyone a fool. we will never really know who is right or wrong until hundreds of years from now, i think. thats my submission
I have called them fool beause they cherish too much what they did not creat.Can you imagine someone call himself logic thinking,logic mind, logicboy. Their brains, do they put it there?Hoho, I pray God should show himself to one of them so that he can be the preacher to other athiests.I believe very soon NL athiests will change to christians, yes very soon God is capable of doing that.
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 29, 2012
Nice... I was a Christian till some months back... Been living in India for the past two years, and I just could no longer ignore the 'truth' nagging at my soul.
I'm an admirer of most of your posts, m-nwankwo and Pastor AIO also.. Just wanted to be clear on your beliefs. Thanks for sharing..
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Jasiel(f): 7:00pm On Apr 29, 2012
I agree with cyrexx. I also believe truth has its timing... It could be tomorrow or it could be years from now but when God is ready for you logicboy, u will watch ur atheistic beliefs crumble before your very eyes. Again, I don't mean to be malicious
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by Nobody: 7:06pm On Apr 29, 2012
Jasiel: I agree with cyrexx. I also believe truth has its timing... It could be tomorrow or it could be years from now but when God is ready for you logicboy, u will watch ur atheistic beliefs crumble before your very eyes. Again, I don't mean to be malicious
Truth has its timing.. one day your christian beliefs will crumble before your eyes.. and the true light will lead you..
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 7:19pm On Apr 29, 2012
2good:
You obviously don't know about the slave trade history. I am not trying to exonerate the white man for their crime, I just want to let you know that the African way of life with selfish interest and non cooperation among blacks fuelled the trade. Blacks were ready to go to war with neighbouring tribes just to get slaves to sell for bottles of gin, mirror, guns, etc.`I am 100% African, an agnostic and at thesame time realistic and analyse things from several perspectives. What you're all doing is failing to take responsibility for the contribution your race made to enslaving your own people, putting all the blame on the white man instead of coming together as a people to try and solve your common problem. The result of your actions is the civil war going on in the whole of Africa.

1) Regarding the part in bold, are you saying the African way of life is selfish? Do you have the right to call yourself an African? It's like saying that the European style of life is racist because of slavery.

2) The part about gin, mirrors and guns is a lie. Have you heard about revisionist history. Nobody does business with things that are quite useless to them. It's like paying me with slippers.

3) I dont only blame the white man. That would be wrong and racist. If you read my posts, I always want my Nigrian brothers and sisters to get off religion as a whole and focus on humanity. That alone is 1/3rd of the problem in Nigeria solved
Re: Atheist And A Christian In Danger by logicboy: 7:22pm On Apr 29, 2012
Deep Sight:
I suffered a heart attack about ten years ago and very nearly died. In the traumatic moments when my best friend rushed me to the hospital and snatched back my life from a few seconds to death, I never for once called on Jesus. I did, however, call on the ETERNAL GOD. That experience convinced me that not even a lifetime of indoctrination can change the mind of he who is truly convinced that a teaching is false. I did not believe the teachiing about Jesus being God or praying through Jesus, and at the most critical moment of my need, I still did not feel compelled to call out to him. Nor will I ever.

There are many people that have come back from a heart attack. The reason is science in the form of medicine and technology. The same science that supports evolution that debunks the story of creationism in the bible and koran.

Thanks for your story

(1) (2) (Reply)

Are We To Ask For The Holy Spirit? / Scienctific Error Of Tower Of Babel / Are Religious Countries More Likely To Be Poor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.