Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,827 members, 7,831,687 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923009 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 1:57pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise: If you keep giving bribe and complaining about corruption then you are as bad as those collecting the bribe. Don't help them make things even more difficult for generations to come. You are part of the problem and have only you to blame.
Gentiger:

If you pay the government rate (official cost) for anything, you must be prepared to wait for the NORMAL time established by LAW for processing. You could wait for 6 months for your International Passport if you pay the official rate. 2 weeks minimum for NPC birth certificate if you pay N2500. That's the system we find ourselves in. Now the question is, who is willing to wait?

My brother, let's not pretend about it, even your tithes, offerings, seed faith etc gives you accelerated hearing before God and miraculous interventions in your earthly affairs. 'Winks'
Same here in Kenya if you say you aint going to remove a cent to fasten your documents it will take even much longer than what is supposed but wen you pay alittle bit things are done faster faster. I hear him and have tried to do so but my friend they will make you WAIT indeed. hahahahaha they know what they are doing and so are you. Any way this is Africa and maybe God will free us from such channels one day but NOT 2013 i beg.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Pelumiv(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2013
U are right bro, but u get frustrated sometimes when u try to act all saint u naija. Its too bad.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

If you keep giving bribe and complaining about corruption then you are as bad as those collecting the bribe. Don't help them make things even more difficult for generations to come. You are part of the problem and have only you to blame.

Do you really know what bribery means? I can see you are getting it twisted. When you intend to induce an individual with money to escape a guilty verdict of the law or to influence them into doing what would be considered illegal in the eyes of the law, that's bribery. Please bend some of these strict rules to make it easier for the forumites.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 2:23pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Do you really know what bribery means? I can see you are getting it twisted. When you intend to induce an individual with money to escape a guilty verdict of the law or to influence them into doing what would be considered illegal in the eyes of the law, that's bribery. Please bend some of these strict rules to make it easier for the forumites.

You really need dictionary more than i do, when you give money or gift to alter somebody's behaviour/views/judgement then that is bribery. When you give a police officer money through unofficial means to facilitated a service then that is bribery.

I'm not ready to bend any rule, no number dropping or email dropping for some dodgy dealings please.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by hituneu: 2:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
Happy new year narialanders.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ediofeboyz: 2:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
rood boy:

@ ediofeboyz, Ur responze is apre8ted....pls I ad argument on testimonial n my workim place with my partner, he's said, I nd 2 add d testimonial with d form I wnt 2 send 2 kcc...I said, No, I wiill jst take it along with my dcument n interview day? Cuz am abt 2 send d first form now.

@Roodboy,
have you already sent the forms required after the 1st notification letter?
the forms i sent to kcc are ds-230 (with 2"*2" colored photo attached), dsp-122 and bar code sheet. i never attached any other document.
as far as i know no other documents are required at this initial stage.
by the way the question about your host in USA on form dsp 230 only requires the name, address of the person and phone number if you know the person's tel number.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Noooo. This wasn't the intent. I remember dropping off a number too. Most of us device means to make it easier for others. I did my medicals and discovered why people pay more and reported. I met a very nice man when I cleared with the police and got a first class treatment and expeditiously too and decided to extend the same to others.[color=#000099][/color] We all know that in Nigeria nothing has a fixed price. The official cost of NPC birth certificate for instance is N2500 but people pay much more than that. National Passport costs less than N10k officially to procure. But people pay as much as N18k for it. I find those words 'bribe' and 'dodgy' spiteful. Let's always see the good intended by these forumites.

Pls give me the number of the nice man so I can do mine thru him too.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:
If you keep giving bribe and complaining about corruption then you are as bad as those collecting the bribe. Don't help them make things even more difficult for generations to come. You are part of the problem and have only you to blame.
Gentiger:
justwise:
You really need dictionary more than i do, when you give money or gift to alter somebody's behaviour/views/judgement then that is bribery. When you give a police officer money through unofficial means to facilitated a service then that is bribery.

I'm not ready to bend any rule, no number dropping or email dropping for some dodgy dealings please.

LET IT BE!!! undecided just liv it for people to decide, otherwise it is someone's wish to give or not to give.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 2:42pm On Jan 05, 2013
Spoondar:

LET IT BE just live it for people to decide otherwise it is someone's wish to give or not to give.

Yes its an individual choice but it will not be encouraged and promoted through this forum.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 2:45pm On Jan 05, 2013
hituneu: Happy new year narialanders.
happy new year!! grin grin we all looking forward for a fruitful year
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 2:54pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

So I guess the extra cash your boss gives you to motivate your output is bribe? In your definition you said giving of money through 'unofficial' means.... Go back to my definition and correct your error. Money paid at NPC, IMMIGRATION and POLICE clearance offices were paid through the government established channels, not unofficial means. No arguments Justwise. You call the shots. We comply. I just don't like that tag 'bribery and corruption.' It shouldnt be associated with me.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 3:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

So I guess the extra cash your boss gives you to motivate your output is bribe? In your definition you said giving of money through 'unofficial' means.... Go back to my definition and correct your error. Money paid at NPC, IMMIGRATION and POLICE clearance offices were paid through the government established channels, not unofficial means. No arguments Justwise. You call the shots. We comply. I just don't like that tag 'bribery and corruption.' It shouldnt be associated with me.

If its through Govt established channel then why are you paying more than the official figure?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Imcool(m): 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

Just a question to ask you and i'll opt out of this discussion/arguement cuz i joined this forum to realise my american dream and whatever is needed to do to realise this dream is worth it and i'm ready to do not minding ur own point of view. AV U DONE UR OWN POLICE CERTIFICATE? IF YES, THEN GOOD 4U BUT IF NOT, I BET U CAN NEVER GO THRU THE GATE TILL YOU TELL WHOM U WANT TO SEE AT THE GATE. IF U EVENTUALLY TELL THEM U'RE THERE 4 POLICE CERTIFICATE, U'LL STIL END UP D SAME WAY WE DID CUZ U'LL ALSO BE DIRECTED TO ANOTHER POLICE OFFICER WHO WILL NOW CHARGE YOU MORE IN OTHER TO GIVE THE SECURITY MEN THEIR OWN SHARES.

3 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:21pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

If its through Govt established channel then why are you paying more than the official figure?

Get the difference between 'bribery' and 'incentives.' This is where you err. No one forces you to pay extra. Pay government rate and have your file tossed aside. Give incentives to appreciate their efforts and motivate their performance and you'll still be on the side of the Law. Justwise, I am learnered and not lettered.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 3:32pm On Jan 05, 2013
@saakeen, i pray God restore ur financial loss & confident back.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 3:41pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Get the difference between 'bribery' and 'incentives.' This is where you err. No one forces you to pay extra. Pay government rate and have your file tossed aside. Give incentives to appreciate their efforts and motivate their performance and you'll still be on the side of the Law. Justwise, I am learnered and not lettered.

You can come up all sorts of names to justify bribery, when did it become your duty to give Govt officials an incentive? What you are giving is called bribe/backed-hand ...to get your service done quicker simple.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 3:55pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

You can come up all sorts of names to justify bribery, when did it become your duty to give Govt officials an incentive? What you are giving is called bribe/backed-hand ...to get your service done quicker simple.

You are beating about the bush. If they mean the same thing, your dictionary would say so. Reference your dictionary and get the difference.

You sound so holy, it doesn't make the rest of us less saintly. I just hope you really are like that in life. But really, I love to make my rough paths easier for those behind. It's not my business afterall but I care for others who have made too many mistakes.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idoo4love: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2013
saakeem2003: Hello House, I want to thank everybody on this forum for their contributions and suggestions and I pray almighty God to be with each and everyone of us, Our interview was Jan 3rd I was there with my wife and children though we were denied by that lady in window 16 as usual and the only thing I can realized from the interview according my wife who is the principal applicant was her WAEC result where she had pass in English though she has HND but the lady refused to look at other results except that of WAEC, she later gave us a paper where they said she was not eligible for the DV.
My purpose here was achieved and I loved you All and Also pray that God should be with you all, am using this opportunity to congratulate those that have gotten their visa and also pray for those awaiting visa that God should see you through, Thanks to the moderators and coordinators of the forum, I love you all God bless NIGERIA, God Bless America
Thanks and God bless U ALL
so touching.....it is well
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 4:02pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

You are beating about the bush. If they mean the same thing, your dictionary would say so. Reference your dictionary and get the difference.

You sound so holy, it doesn't make the rest of us less saintly. I just hope you really are like that in life. But really, I love to make my rough paths easier for those behind. It's not my business afterall but I care for others who have made too many mistakes.

Oh please don't give me that lazy argument, giving bribe is a personal choice, i'm not telling you not to pay your way to any thing, i'm basically saying don't use the forum to promote or encourage it that.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by idriez: 4:14pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

Oh please don't give me that lazy argument, giving bribe is a personal choice, i'm not telling you not to pay your way to any thing, i'm basically saying don't use the forum to promote or encourage it that.

Mr Moderator & Mr Contributor, u guys should save us all these arguments..... It's a free world, whoever needs assistant should request for it and whoever feels its not necessary or shouldn't be encouraged should hold on too his/her opinion.
People need advises, assistance and guidance thats why they joined this forum and not to read some lousy arguments that'll do us no good.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

I haven't and do not intend to ask anyone to pay bribes. People requested for information of which phone numbers and email contact are inclusive of. Hey, don't gag us. Allow freedom of information.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2013
idriez:
Mr Moderator & Mr Contributor, u guys should save us all these arguments..... It's a free world, whoever needs assistant should request for it and whoever feels its not necessary or shouldn't be encouraged should hold on too his/her opinion.
People need advises, assistance and guidance thats why they joined this forum and not to read some lousy arguments that'll do us no good.

Do you know how to use scroll bar? Use it next time an issue is not your cup of tea.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

I haven't and do not intend to ask anyone to pay bribes. People requested for information of which phone numbers and email contact are inclusive of. Hey, don't gag us. Allow freedom of information.

That comes with responsibility.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:35pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise: [/b]

That comes with responsibility.

Which is?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by justwise(m): 4:40pm On Jan 05, 2013
Gentiger:

Which is?

I guess i have said more than enough about this and will not keep repeating myself any more.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 4:46pm On Jan 05, 2013
justwise:

I guess i have said more than enough about this and will not keep repeating myself any more.

Thank you sir! I appreciate the audience given. But take it easy on these ones who desperately must survive by all godly means in the actualization of their American dreams. Information is power. To every general rule, there should be some exceptions. Keep up with the good works. Signing off!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
@Gentiger i realy appreciate ur arguement wth Justwise but i want u to knw that in every town there re RULES AND REGULATION dt pple must follow and in a town where there is no LAW definately there is no SIN i believe this forum is guided by LAW and RULES pls lets us all comply wth it in order to ve a smooth forum @justwise i must also salute ur effort to combart corruption,i pray God to empower u. that is my own little contribution.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jaypee207: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2013
loconzo00:

If KCC tells you that you are scheduled for next month, this could be true if you submitted you forms early enough ,for their answer may have been based on your confirmation number.
However if you submitted early, i believe your 2NL might still be available anytime from now minding the Xmas holiday's out of office hours on the part of KCC.
Its much better if you wait and obtain your 2NL before you go for your medicals. If you do your medicals too early since you do not have your 2NL yet, this could count against you at your POE if your interview or departure date is more than 3 months after your medicals. Your medicals i understand expires after 3 months particularly if you haven't taken a follow-up Herp. B/A vaccine. I stand to be corrected.
Your medical expires after 6months all things been equal.Stop misleading people with the 3 months expiration msg.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 5:00pm On Jan 05, 2013
jidedon2000@yah:
@Gentiger i realy appreciate ur arguement wth Justwise but i want u to knw that in every town there re RULES AND REGULATION dt pple must follow and in a town where there is no LAW definately there is no SIN i believe this forum is guided by LAW and RULES pls lets us all comply wth it in order to ve a smooth forum @justwise i must also salute ur effort to combart corruption,i pray God to empower u. that is my own little contribution.

We weren't arguing my brother. We were reasoning together. I was trying to make case for those needing especially email contacts. I have never sought for anyones contacts because I don't need it. So if I need to meet you in person how do I do so without asking for your contacts. I am Law abiding. I just hope this new rule will apply to all and not a select few. I'll be watching.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidedon2000yah(m): 5:05pm On Jan 05, 2013
jaypee207:
Your medical expires after 6months all things been equal.Stop misleading people with the 3 months expiration msg.
jaypee thanks for the correction but i only want to point out smthing frm ur post and i ll want u to modify it cos it could lead to conflict to say smbody is misleading another. God bless u
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by taiyeshola: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2013
@emybaby,pls I need u to explain to me abt the process involve in applying for WES stuff pls I will be expeecting ur prompt response

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.