Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,516 members, 7,819,862 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:57 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921673 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 2:19pm On Aug 06, 2012
senlu: Nairalanders,am I good to go with only GCE certificate as my completed education despite I'm an undergraduate student?

Have any one seen or heard of any body that have gone for his/her interview with the combination (2)Two results
undecided I need to be clear on this combining (2)Two results to make-up with the (5) Five credits required.
Nairalanders Please Help!!!! I just want to be very sure on this. THANKS ALL smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 2:22pm On Aug 06, 2012
missannie: Hello Pls i need a clear explanation on this:
What are the kinds of Immunization that will be given to us during our Medical Examination
How long those it take to complete the Medical Exams
Will it be completed & the results ready b4 the interview How long will it take?

Chech the Link below for hint
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/231771/Public/MedicalExamination2012_001.pdf
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 2:28pm On Aug 06, 2012
missannie:

Have any one seen or heard of any body that have gone for his/her interview with the combination (2)Two results
undecided I need to be clear on this combining (2)Two results to make-up with the (5) Five credits required.
Nairalanders Please Help!!!! I just want to be very sure on this. THANK ALL smiley

The Requirement is very clear Check Link http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4760.html

Education: Submit to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate at your interview, a certificate of completion equivalent to a U.S. diploma, school transcripts, or other evidence issued by the person or organization responsible for maintaining records, which specifies the completed course of study(EVEN TESTIMONIAL WILL SERVE THE PURPOSE). The diversity visa selectee must have completed a 12-year course of elementary and secondary education in the U.S. or a comparable course of study in another country(WAEC IN NIGERIA JUST PROOF EVEN IF NA 1 CREDIT THEN SHOW GCE OR NABTEB AS BACK UP BUT sufficient in itself to qualify a student to apply for college admission. The following are not acceptable:

•Equivalency certificates (such as the G.E.D.) are not acceptable.(GCE ONLY NOT ACCEPTABLE)
•Vocational degrees that are not considered a basis for further academic study will not be considered equivalent to U.S. high school education.(NABTEB ONLY NOT ACCEPTABLE)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 2:55pm On Aug 06, 2012
Thank you so much @Kemzone2003 [/b]but you didn't tell if i can combine the Two results. [b]WAEC & NECO precisely
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2012
missannie: Thank you so much @Kemzone2003 [/b]but you didn't tell if i can combine the Two results. [b]WAEC & NECO precisely
I think you can combine it since it wasnt stated that you must have 5credits in one sitting
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 3:07pm On Aug 06, 2012
@all, if you know any one that has combined two results before,pls lets know. I asked an immigration agent about it and he confirmed it to me that one can combine it but i havent seen someone testifying to it.
I have confirmed from a nairalander who happened to be in US now through DV lottery. He said two combined results are allowed.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by masterfarm: 5:10pm On Aug 06, 2012
[quote author=Kemzone2003][/b][b]

I Cant just believe why some of us decides to exhibit our level of ignorance in the public....masterfarm..Cant you differentiate between JOB ZONE and SVP Rating?..kindly keep quiet when you dont have anything tangible to contribute...it is not compulsory for you to make comment on everything posted
pls nobody is an island of knowledge.

Kemzone i wil nt accept this insult from u. U can only insult me if u re perfect. Pls behave like a cultured human being.
@adesoji. I ve heard of young people using work experience but the 3 of them were denied because they were not satisfied wit the content of the experience they had or they did nt meet up with the expected experience listed.
I read on visajourney and imigration forum that most americans complain about imigrants coming to us without basic high school.
My advice is that the man should try his luck. He may be considered based on age and experience.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kemzone2003: 6:11pm On Aug 06, 2012
@masterfarm...I did not reply you that way to insult you but to caution you from misleading people without proper reference...you said " my brother the primary qualification is 5 credits. Your job zone shuld b 7 or higher" That was not correct at all....But the Correct thing to say was Job Zone 4 or 5 & SVP Rating of 7 & higher.They mean 2 different things.
Try take time to research befor eyou respond if you dont have an answer to a question...Take a good lesson from Brightmon comment on the same subject He said and i quote "hmmmmm. Make we think first".He did not comment at all because he wanted to research before writing up anything.
We appreciate everybody's contribution but we should also take caution

In Visa Interviews....No 2 case are the same...All they are doing at the Embassy this days is similar to POST JAMB just to confirm that you own the certificate ur display genuinely.Prove to us that you wrote this exam yourself...Shikena.
For Job experience too...you will have to tender employment letters from credible employers like JPMorgan,Shell & Co. and also go through a sort of job interview to ascertain the your claim of that Occupation.....Anybody can say he is a Bank manager but U need to prove that you are a bank manager.
Thats all
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:46am On Aug 07, 2012
temmytanny:
I think you can combine it since it wasnt stated that you must have 5credits in one sitting

I combined two results,but not NECO and SSCE.SSCE and SSCE
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 2:52am On Aug 07, 2012
missannie: Thank you so much @Kemzone2003 [/b]but you didn't tell if i can combine the Two results. [b]WAEC & NECO precisely

As far as the two results bears your name,you dont need an angel to tell you what to do missannie.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by adesojiaderemi(m): 3:04am On Aug 07, 2012
adesojiaderemi@:

KemZone,Thanks for shelding more light on this issue.I rememeberd I searched all this point last year, but got no time to do that again.Based on the above mentioned facts I believe the man,(50yrs old spent at least three years in technical school,and over twenty eight years experience in same job)is elligible to futher process his Visa.
He got more than needed work-related experience.

I called an elderly woman(50) who won the Dv last year, now in Georgia with her 4 children, but her case was different,she had her MBA.Her interview was on her project in her MBA , and the remaining questions were directed to her Children,They asked of their age, first from the woman,then later from the children.
Leripa: very correct.

My suggestion is that the applicant should at least give it a trial,if not because of himself but for the children, if he can not afford the money for all, he should for himself,his wife and the most elderly child who falls between the elligible age.That is why it's been named VISA LOTTERY, nobody can beat his/her chest and say you will be given or denied visa.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Ibracadabra: 3:48am On Aug 07, 2012
Hello guys, this forum has been most informative and from my lil experience here, i can say that anybody who religiously follows this thread will definitely not be needing any agents or any external guidance at all, for that matter.
I wanna ask something- i was selected for further processing and I have sent back my forms wherein I filled my educational qualifications, (B.sc, WAEC)- I have been working for the last 5years but I didn't fill any 'working experience' in the forms I sent, because I find the 'educational' route a lot less stressful and much more straightforward. Now my question; does omitting 'work experience' not amount to 'falsification'? During the interview, if I'm asked what I have been doing since my graduation in 2007, what do I say? If I talk about my job, does that not jeopardize my chances since I did not fill it in the forms?

Thank you...
And oh, my CN is 2013AF000070** ; what's your guess about my interview time frame?

God bless you guys
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:51am On Aug 07, 2012
Ibracadabra: Hello guys, this forum has been most informative and from my lil experience here, i can say that anybody who religiously follows this thread will definitely not be needing any agents or any external guidance at all, for that matter.
I wanna ask something- i was selected for further processing and I have sent back my forms wherein I filled my educational qualifications, (B.sc, WAEC)- I have been working for the last 5years but I didn't fill any 'working experience' in the forms I sent, because I find the 'educational' route a lot less stressful and much more straightforward. Now my question; does omitting 'work experience' not amount to 'falsification'? During the interview, if I'm asked what I have been doing since my graduation in 2007, what do I say? If I talk about my job, does that not jeopardize my chances since I did not fill it in the forms?

Thank you...
And oh, my CN is 2013AF000070** ; what's your guess about my interview time frame?

God bless you guys

I dont think you will have any problem by omiting you work experience. Personally,i feel using work experience is better than educational qualification but Some COs can ask you both.

They will ask you what you have been doing since you graduated and you will not have any choice than to tell them you are working. If they ask why you dint fill it in the forms,just tell them you prefer to use your educational qualification.

About your CN,i strongly believe you will have your interview in november
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 12:02pm On Aug 07, 2012
@adesojiaderemi, temmytanny: Thanks so much, for the info & i have also confirm it from a DV winner that is now in the U.S he said i can combine both result. Am greatful!!! cheesy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Tobihenryo: 12:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
Hi everyone,pls can anyone tell me how much does it cost if u wanna get birth certificate and attestation certificate@NPC.and pls wot other document should one go with.thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 12:39pm On Aug 07, 2012
Dear Forumite, I posted an information on my wall on sometime ago and nobody respond to it. please information is this once again:

Hello Forumite, I always enjoy this forum. I pray that may the Lord almighty let us see the favour of the almighty God on that very day. I would like you to advice me more on the issue of interview for couples.
1. My wife is the principal applicant with highest level of education of GCE more than 5credits and she is a Trader.
2. We have our birth certificates incl. 4 our daughter.
3 We have our wedding cert & pics from courtship till present ready
4. Pics of our daughter rite frm birth till now.
5. Waiting for interview date to commence our medical & police report.
***Pls, what other document do I need to make successful interview with my family?
***With our case no 2013AF16*** Pls when are we likely to have our 2NL and month of interview? Pls I need your urgent reply.
***are we good to go?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 1:55pm On Aug 07, 2012
remkay2012: Dear Forumite, I posted an information on my wall on sometime ago and nobody respond to it. please information is this once again:

Hello Forumite, I always enjoy this forum. I pray that may the Lord almighty let us see the favour of the almighty God on that very day. I would like you to advice me more on the issue of interview for couples.
1. My wife is the principal applicant with highest level of education of GCE more than 5credits and she is a Trader.
***Pls, what other document do I need to make successful interview with my family?
***With our case no 2013AF16*** Pls when are we likely to have our 2NL and month of interview? Pls I need your urgent reply.
***are we good to go?

Does she have SSCE? pls let her also go with her SSCE even if it doesnt have 5credit[/b]s
[b]Make sure they have all the parents' name,date of birth and individual name spelt correctly.

If you applied married, you have no issue but still go with those pix and documents
Take them along
Good to go

With this case number,you interview maybe in Nov/Dec
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 4:31pm On Aug 07, 2012
@ Temmy Tanny, thanks you for your response. I really appreciate all effort on our family to be able have succeful interview when we are schedule. I want to tell you that my wif
e have her SSCE and Testimonia. Though she did not make all her papers then, but she had all her papers in GCE. But in her ssce instead of her name to be written as Remilekun they write Remi. Hope this will not affect our application? But for other we have every document. PLEASE READ AND REPLY.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 4:34pm On Aug 07, 2012
remkay2012: @ Temmy Tanny, thanks you for your response. I really appreciate all effort on our family to be able have succeful interview when we are schedule. I want to tell you that my wif
e have her SSCE and Testimonia. Though she did not make all her papers then, but she had all her papers in GCE. But in her ssce instead of her name to be written as Remilekun they write Remi. Hope this will not affect our application? But for other we have every document. PLEASE READ AND REPLY.
no prob at all cos mine was Temitayo and it was written as Tayoo(double o)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fittty(m): 5:17pm On Aug 07, 2012
Guys pls advise on this. A cousin of mine won this years visa lottery but she made a mistake on her year of birth wen applying. Just the year oh! The day and month is correct but the year is 10times older than her real age. She wrote a letter to the embassy to notify them. But no responce yet. What advise do u guys suggest?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:35pm On Aug 07, 2012
fittty: Guys pls advise on this. A cousin of mine won this years visa lottery but she made a mistake on her year of birth wen applying. Just the year oh! The day and month is correct but the year is 10times older than her real age. She wrote a letter to the embassy to notify them. But no responce yet. What advise do u guys suggest?
Its not the embassy she supposed to mail,its KCC. She should mail KCC and explain to them. They will ask her to write the correct DOB when sending back her forms to them.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 5:54pm On Aug 07, 2012
temmytanny:
no prob at all cos mine was Temitayo and it was written as Tayoo(double o)
Thanks so much, since you think we may our interview btw Nov/Dec. When likely do you think we can get our 2nd NL?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 5:58pm On Aug 07, 2012
remkay2012:
Thanks so much, since you think we may our interview btw Nov/Dec. When likely do you think we can get our 2nd NL?
Lets wait till August 15th but i guess it may come in september(atleast 60days b4 interview)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jacob999: 11:09pm On Aug 07, 2012
I really need help with this one. Extremely hard to get an answer to this one from US immigration.
To get my police certificate will take 8 weeks and they can't send it directly to us. I have know idea to whom this should be sent and when because I have no idea when the interview will take place.
My worries is that they will call me for an interview and I won't be able to obtain my certificate on time. Any ideas what should I do.

One more question, how old the police certificate can be? I got one 2 month ago but still no date for an interview.

Thank you so much for your help
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fittty(m): 11:56pm On Aug 07, 2012
temmytanny: Its not the embassy she supposed to mail,its KCC. She should mail KCC and explain to them. They will ask her to write the correct DOB when sending back her forms to them.

I don't understand. What's KCC? What am saying is that when she applied for the visa lottery she put in the wrong year of birth. That was before d result came out oh! And could u guys pls lemme know what steps she's to take now that she's won d lottery
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by akaniman: 4:52am On Aug 08, 2012
Hi all profs in the house[temmytanny,adesojiaderemi,tiawani e.t.c]I was discussin with a frnd dat is it possible 4 anoder person to use sum 1 sucessfl dv slot,because their is age dere as d password and also dey hv powerfl data base.Bt my guy said once u won d lottery dey dont recon wit d old info again,bt wat u wrote on ur dsp forms.Pls is it true?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:18am On Aug 08, 2012
jacob999: I really need help with this one. Extremely hard to get an answer to this one from US immigration.
To get my police certificate will take 8 weeks and they can't send it directly to us. I have know idea to whom this should be sent and when because I have no idea when the interview will take place.
My worries is that they will call me for an interview and I won't be able to obtain my certificate on time. Any ideas what should I do.

One more question, how old the police certificate can be? I got one 2 month ago but still no date for an interview.

Thank you so much for your help
are you in US?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2012
akaniman: Hi all profs in the house[temmytanny,adesojiaderemi,tiawani e.t.c]I was discussin with a frnd dat is it possible 4 anoder person to use sum 1 sucessfl dv slot,because their is age dere as d password and also dey hv powerfl data base.Bt my guy said once u won d lottery dey dont recon wit d old info again,bt wat u wrote on ur dsp forms.Pls is it true?
No,its not possible even if you change swap information what about the passport photograph you submitted during application? You can only try it if you are identical twins grin grin
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by fittty(m): 7:47am On Aug 08, 2012
fittty:

I don't understand. What's KCC? What am saying is that when she applied for the visa lottery she put in the wrong year of birth. That was before d result came out oh! And could u guys pls lemme know what steps she's to take now that she's won d lottery

Guys pls advise na
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 7:58am On Aug 08, 2012
fittty:

KCC is in charge of the DV lottery and all applications goes to them until interview is scheduled before your file is handed over to the respective embassies in your region. She should visit www.dvselectee.state.gov to see KCC email and phone numbers. she can call them and explain to them about it. They will tell her what to do
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Selam: 8:17am On Aug 08, 2012
hi guys my name is selam from Ethiopia,i m the win 2013Dv my file nu 00019xxx
by the way i have sent the form 122&230 kcc 29th may now like 2 months and 10 days

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.