Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,564 members, 7,840,332 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (602) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923972 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 2:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
@femo:
Chio how far u sed i want to change my state yes am heading to Texas direct why bekos ny where my host stay infact u must get your own car no bus transport around u wil treck far b4 u could see a bus transport where my host in ny so i can't cope at all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
@Femi
i have sent you a mail

@femo:
ok i wil save your number but u are online now let chat
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Leripa(m): 2:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
@loveshowgirl:
Congratulations and Welcome to USA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kaypositve(m): 3:42pm On Mar 21, 2013
Congrtulations to Loveshowgirl and others. this is really season of Signs & Wonders...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by afobat2000: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
happy day
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by afobat2000: 4:06pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello house i want my e-family put me tru on dis issue im heading to brookyln new york, and i dont know d cost of living dere & i hope 2get job dere is not hard & if d state not ok 4 me to start wit i will change my POE pls house i need ur rep
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 4:10pm On Mar 21, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Hello housen I want to thank you all for your prayers for it worked for me and I am very much grateful to God and you all.
I got to the embassy, at about 5:10am and waited till they called in 6.30 non-immigrant and 7.00am immigrant visas and did the normal process of document submission and got in to pay my visa fee and then I sat waiting on my number to be called.
To be honest I cannot remember the window I was called to after a couple of hours but behold it was this cute and nice gentleman that the lord sent and he started with the interview.
CO: Are you Ata......
ME: I mmediately completed my name for him and he smiled.
CO: Please sign your DSP form, did the oath taking and finger print stuff...
ME: Did all required.
CO: what's your highest qualification?
ME: BA ........
CO: What year did you finish?
ME: Told him the exact year while he was going thru as I answered each question.
CO: What have you been doing Since you graduated?
ME: Told him, couldn't get a job so I worked with my mum and eventually opened a boutique, made him understand I wore pretty much what I sell so he smiled.
CO: Have you served the NYSC?
ME: Yes I have and told him what year.
CO: What was your primary assignment about?
ME: Told him was secretary to the local government between my year of service and my duties and he smiled as usual.
CO: I will give you ur visas, brings out 2 forms circles one part for visa collection and the other for USCIS payment.
ME: Thank you.
It was not what I prepared for but what I expected and prayed for. So guys I wanna say a big thank you to you all @Spoondar, Nero XP, Gny Kelly, Remyjay, Femo, Psatadi, Remmy, Doctor, Gentiger, and all of una, really una too many to name, abeg make una nor vex but those I didn't name don't be offended I remember you all and love u guys. My interview was easy and I wish same you u all.Thanks and am still here for u all.
America here we come.
Hugggggs to u all.

Congrats. I am so happy for you. The Lord's good. Welcome to the US of A!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 21, 2013
Remmy488: I got it through a friend dt work wt airline ticketing firm, u can mail me if u re interested in order to gve u d details of d said friend. Flyramsey@yahoo.co.uk

Hey Remmy, I just sent u an e-mail on the 140K quatar ticket to Houston.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by kdgom66: 4:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
afobat2000: Hello house i want my e-family put me tru on dis issue im heading to brookyln new york, and i dont know d cost of living dere & i hope 2get job dere is not hard & if d state not ok 4 me to start wit i will change my POE pls house i need ur rep

The cost of living in New York is high. But it all depends on your aspirations and plans. But I'll suggest any where in Texas. The cost of living in Texas is relatively cheap compared to NY and there are more job opportunities. Besides there's a large Nigerian community in Texas, especially in cities like Houston and Austin.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
afobat2000: Hello house i want my e-family put me tru on dis issue im heading to brookyln new york, and i dont know d cost of living dere & i hope 2get job dere is not hard pls house i need ur reply .
My brother, I learnt from our sister thread, DIVERSITY VISA IMMIGRANT: WELCOME TO AMERICA, that NY is good city. BUT, the cost of living is very high in NY. They likened NY to lagos, where both the T-fare, housing, bills and others amenities are on the high side. Another thing they said that touched my heart was that NY is not a place for a beginner. I can remember two members of the thread saying they were @ home close to 6 months before getting a job. The other said he relocated after waiting for months without a job. Then depending on where you are in NY, you can easily get a bus, or train to your destination. Cabs are easy to find and there many people to see walk on the street.
Most Expensive Ranking Urban Areas
COL
Index
1: New York (Manhattan) NY 225.4
2: New York (Brooklyn) NY 178.6
3: Honolulu HI 167.0
4: San Francisco, CA 163.4 4 Ardmore OK 85.9
5: San Jose, CA 153.4
6: New York (Queens) NY 148.3
7: Stamford CT 146.1
8: Washington DC 144.9
9: Orange County, CA 140.6 9 Pueblo CO 87.1
10: Boston MA 139.9
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 4:30pm On Mar 21, 2013
congrat
loveshowgirl1: Hello housen I want to thank you all for your prayers for it worked for me and I am very much grateful to God and you all.
I got to the embassy, at about 5:10am and waited till they called in 6.30 non-immigrant and 7.00am immigrant visas and did the normal process of document submission and got in to pay my visa fee and then I sat waiting on my number to be called.
To be honest I cannot remember the window I was called to after a couple of hours but behold it was this cute and nice gentleman that the lord sent and he started with the interview.
ME: Told him the exact year while he was going thru as I answered each question.
ME: Told him, couldn't get a job so I worked with my mum and eventually opened a boutique, made him understand I wore pretty much what I sell so he smiled.
ME: Told him was secretary to the local government between my year of service and my duties and he smiled as usual.
CO: I will give you ur visas, brings out 2 forms circles one part for visa collection and the other for USCIS payment.
It was not what I prepared for but what I expected and prayed for. So guys I wanna say a big thank you to you all @Spoondar, Nero XP, Gny Kelly, Remyjay, Femo, Psatadi, Remmy, Doctor, Gentiger, and all of una, really una too many to name, abeg make una nor vex but those I didn't name don't be offended I remember you all and love u guys. My interview was easy and I wish same you u all.Thanks and am still here for u all.
America here we come.
Hugggggs to u all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
afobat2000: Hello house i want my e-family put me tru on dis issue im heading to brookyln new york, and i dont know d cost of living dere & i hope 2get job dere is not hard & if d state not ok 4 me to start wit i will change my POE pls house i need ur rep

The 10 Cities With The Highest
Cost Of Living: Report
January 27, 2012 13:15:38
An old adage seems to be proving
true: if you can make it in New
York, you can make it anywhere.
New York City is home to three of
the top five areas in the country
with the highest cost of living,
according to the Council for
Community and Economic
Research. Manhattan has the
highest cost of living, followed by
Brooklyn. Queens ranks number
five. Four out of the ten cities
with the lowest cost of living are
in Texas, according to the index.
In Manhattan, the standard of
living is more than twice the
national average, the report
found, while in Harlington, Texas
-- the city with the lowest cost of
living -- the standard is nearly 20
percent below the national
average. The index was
calculated based on regional
differences between the cost of
consumer goods and services.
Though the labor market may be
poised to grow this year,
Americans will likely still struggle
with low wage growth, potentially
placing even more strain on those
people living in New York, San
Francisco, Washington, D.C. and
other high cost cities. In some
states, wages may be adjusting
slightly to fit the rising cost of
living; eight states raised or are
slated to boost their minimum
wages this year.
In New York, the minimum wage
is $7.25, far below the $11.86 an
hour it takes to actually live in the
city , according to the Living Wage
Project. And it takes six figures to
effectively belong in the city's
middle class. A 2009 study from
the Center for an Urban Future
found that someone making
$60,000 and living in Manhattan
is equivalent to someone making
$26,092, according to the New
York Daily News.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
Least Expensive
RankingUrban Areas
COL
1 Harlingen TX 81.8
2 McAllen TX 85.4
3 Norman OK 85.6
4 Ardmore OK 85.9
5 Memphis TN 86.0
6 Fayetteville AR 86.0
7 Wichita Falls TX 86.4
8 Muskogee OK 86.9
9 Pueblo CO 87.1
10 Ashland OH 87.6
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 4:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
America here we come.
Hugggggs to u all.

Congratulations
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Kunlexymoore: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2013
simayanki4real:

The 5 of them applied for immigrant visa.
1) Two couples were denied for failure to prove that they had a sound relationship together.
2) A set of kids 2boys (Not DV selectees) were placed on A.P because they could not prove their relationship with their dad.
3) A guy was disqualified because the resident country in his inital EDV was Northern Ireland, and since he has never been there...was disqualified without interview.
4) A married woman was disqualified because she is married with two (2) kids but entered the EDV as single, & the forms sent to KCC as single. According to the CO, the DV rules states a married person must leave with his/her family members...so she was disqualified
5) A lady was disqualified (though not a DV selectee) for not being able to prove her relationship with her host.

Please married couples should go with enough pictures, and rehearse with your spouse everything about your marriage, dates, times & people in your photos. I noticed that married couples are scrutinized seriously, they have the longest interviews. Please prepare very well & the visa is yours!
Hmmmn.... Good observation (at least for us to learn more). Good preparation cannot be over emphasised, especially for married couples. More importantly, we trust God for His favour and we will testify on this platform as well. Thank you for the info..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:09pm On Mar 21, 2013
loveshowgirl1: Thank you all for your prayers for it worked oh, I was just granted my visa. Testimony coming shortly.......still can't believe its over after the long wait. I thank una oooooh
Congrats to u... Success is 4 us ‎​I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ dis forum!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
Kenya's Harambee Stars get cold reception in Nigeria. 9ja would use a 5star hotel and training centre when the come to Kenya. This is SPOONDAR from Kenya, i just feel humiliated and hurt. Why is this happening to our Boyz? I understand even the food they were served was so terrible with lots of pepper what is the game plan our national team is Sleeping in a primary school - Ajao Estate Primary School, Oshodi dormitory at some in state Nigeria! This is too shameful! They came there for the Saturday’s 2014 World Cup qualification match in Calabar.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 5:25pm On Mar 21, 2013
America here we come.
Hugggggs to u all.

Nice interview... Congrats once again!!! Wlcome to america
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 5:31pm On Mar 21, 2013
papatee2: The husband must follow her to d embassy on dat day wt other beneficiaries but they should sure they collect a letter from the doctor addressing the reason why his medical is not ready . Its the letter u'll present to the CO when asked. Wish them also the best
. My sister n her husband went to see the Doctor at children's practice today for the letter addressing the issue why the husband's med certificate isn't ready; the Doctor told them that hospital doesn't issue such covering letters. What do u advice them to do?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:37pm On Mar 21, 2013
ogbonlowob: . My sister n her husband went to see the Doctor at children's practice today for the letter addressing the issue why the husband's med certificate isn't ready; the Doctor told them that hospital doesn't issue such covering letters. What do u advice them to do?

Go like that.........they will tell them (with date I guess) to come back when his medicals is ready.This is better than rescheduling.Or have u guys made up mind to reschedule?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:38pm On Mar 21, 2013
Spoondar: Kenya's Harambee Stars get cold reception in Nigeria. 9ja would use a 5star hotel and training centre when the come to Kenya. This is SPOONDAR from Kenya, i just feel humiliated and hurt. Why is this happening to our Boyz? I understand even the food they were served was so terrible with lots of pepper what is the game plan our national team is Sleeping in a primary school dormitory @Canaan state Nigeria! This is too shameful!

Why are they in Nigeria? Which state is Canaan?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Petsal(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hello house:
A friend has this issue and he needs a clarification. The name on his NYSC discharge certificate was written like this -Saliiu Damola Ayomide instead of the normal name which is- Saliu Damola Ayomide.
Pls house what can he do abt this cos he's been slated for an issue. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogbonlowob: 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
ferdimako:

Go like that.........they will tell them (with date I guess) to come back when his medicals is ready.This is better than rescheduling.Or have u guys made up mind to reschedule?
no, they have not yet rescheduled. Thanks Ferdi!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 5:52pm On Mar 21, 2013
New York tins expensive so am heading to Texas to start my life overthere bekos i av a lot to do. I can't stay in new York or move to expensive area so i think am moving to where there's job opportunity, cheap apartment, and more so
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by sunday45: 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
I'm so weak E-family. Done with Police xter and medicas today but was told to come back on Tuesday by 4pm. But my interview comes up By Tuesday. So i beg my E-gurus family to pray for this guy called Sunday ooo. I need your prayer. I need a word of advise though have been following this tread eversince.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 5:53pm On Mar 21, 2013
I got ur mssg n ve replied as well, u can connect wt me directly on so I can link u wt d person Amb-Remiolar Oludarey-Ramsey. So I can gve u d required info n contact

ferdimako:

Hey Remmy, I just sent u an e-mail on the 140K quatar ticket to Houston.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loveshowgirl1(f): 5:54pm On Mar 21, 2013
Thank you all for your various contributions and love shown in this forum, it's surely helping many of us. We know it's not by our strength or what we know but what God almighty has signed, when you believe in it then you will surely benefit from it.

I really do appreciate you all and will continue to contribute to the best of my knowledge.

My POE is Texas, will start making immediate arrangements to land mid end of next month. I hope to meet with u guys over there someday soon. Thanks to all and stay blessed. I spread my success story and glory and grace to all those awaiting their interviews, be bold, get ur documents intact and do not fail to pray to our father almighty. Wish u guys all the best.

Lolo.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Spoondar(f): 5:56pm On Mar 21, 2013
ferdimako:

Why are they in Nigeria? Which state is Canaan?
For the Saturday’s 2014 World Cup qualification match in Calabar, Cross River State.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by femo1(m): 6:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
sunday45: I'm so weak E-family. Done with Police xter and medicas today but was told to come back on Tuesday by 4pm. But my interview comes up By Tuesday. So i beg my E-gurus family to pray for this guy called Sunday ooo. I need your prayer. I need a word of advise though have been following this tread eversince.
pls go like that explain to CO wat hapen CO wil consider him at worst after approved his visa he may delay it till your medical is ok. By the grace of God you wil suceed in Jesus name amen

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by chio: 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2013
Pls can someone
pls remind me the what to go with for obtaing the Police report
NPC and medicals
thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Petsal(m): 7:02pm On Mar 21, 2013
Hi ppl:
A friend has this issue and he needs a clarification. The name on his NYSC discharge certificate was written like this -Saliiu Damola Ayomide instead of the normal name which is- Saliu Damola Ayomide.
Pls house what can he do abt this cos he's been slated for an issue. Thanks
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Petsal(m): 7:11pm On Mar 21, 2013
chio: Pls can someone
pls remind me the what to go with for obtaing the Police report
NPC and medicals
thanks

Police Report: Ur international passport and passport photograph
Price(between 4-6K)
Medicals: ur international passport, photocopy of the bio-data page of ur international passport, passport photograph
Price(just have about 30K on u)
NPC: ur international passport, passport photograph,affidavit(maybe or may not),
Price:3000K for maybe 2wks but u maybe locky the days maybe lesser etc. House may stil chck it and put in whatever is missing shaa

(1) (2) (3) ... (599) (600) (601) (602) (603) (604) (605) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.