Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,837 members, 7,838,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:50 PM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (619) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (923799 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
capoonyx: Hello everyone, i have been following the comments in this room for time now,though have not made one myself.. This will be my first... I am also a winner of the DV 2013 lottery, my interview was on the 18th of march,that was last week monday,it was a success, and it was just yesterday the 25th i collect my passport and a sealed envelop,which i will submitte when i arive the airport in US.... Its all looks to simple and easy, but i give God all the glory....looking forward to meeting some when we get there...happy celebrations to you all who got their visaers... Remain bless
congratulations brother. You still owe this thread details of your interview.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
ManchyBabe: Hello All,

Am sorry for the late feed back..

My Aunts interview went as thus:
(N:B, They are a family of 4, father, mother, son (12)and daughter (15.5), I will just say the basics since I wasn't there and was just told what the questions are.

CO: Greetings...
Aunt: Replied
CO: How long have you been a matron?
Aunt: so so years
CO: How are you related to the person you will be staying with in Al
Aunt: He is my sister's son (That was my younger brother she was talking about)
And that was it! she couldn't believe he was just going to ask her 3 questions and asked her hubby similar questions and finito!

Am trying to help them get tickets online and boy it is so EXPENSIVE!! So far i have gotten $2,350 per person via United, which is the cheapest so far.
Departing: Lagos,LOS (August 9th)to Huntsville, HSV
Return Date: (October 9th).
Tickets from Nigeria are quite expensive, because i wouldn't spend half of that from here, but oh well.. Please is there anyway i can get it cheaper? Because right now the cost of tickets alone is almost ($10,000) shocked ..

See the attached, we are waiting for the E-ticket. You do not have to track the airliner....do your thing online.With patience on their sequence of picking a call, you're cool.I think it is because they've so many clients.

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 5:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
peace1166: Hello House, I'm preparing for my interview, can any one tell me the arrangement for my documents; I mean the order of my documents during interview? I plan this way:

1. 2NL
2. Passport copy
3. Birth Certificate
4. BSc. degree certificate
5. Police record
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Medical
3 copies of passport photograph
NPC birth certificate
WAEC or NECO certificate.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by loconzo00: 5:45pm On Mar 26, 2013
Hi everyone,
this is Loconzo00 airborne in emirate aircraft Airbus A380 via wifi.Landing soon in JFK
USofA. Glory be to God.
Those yet to be interviewed will soon be in same mood IJN. Amen.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 5:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
jidex001:
Yea... U are right. Cost on medical depends on xray,if xray not ok.. Then d patient will have to go for sputum test which is 50k for 8weeks, if one has chicken pulse before YES or NO

chickenpox
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 5:48pm On Mar 26, 2013
ifeanyi.abdul:

Thanks a million Yumashoo! May God almighty cause his face to shine upon you, amen!
Amen oo.. You re welcome bro..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 6:01pm On Mar 26, 2013
loconzo00: Hi everyone,
this is Loconzo00 airborne in emirate aircraft Airbus A380 via wifi.Landing soon in JFK
USofA. Glory be to God.
wow!! So soon, I wish you safe trip to USA. And how much did you buy your ticket.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
junkerhill: wow!! So soon, I wish you safe trip to USA. And how much did you buy your ticket.

No dulling, go and start work and counting ur citizenship.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Yusmash00: 6:05pm On Mar 26, 2013
USofA. Glory be to God.
I wish you safe journey bro..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 6:10pm On Mar 26, 2013
Rolling_138: Apologies for the late post, I didn’t take my laptop along to Lagos and just returned to my base.
We had our interview on Thursday 21 March and God granted us success. We got to the embassy around 6:20am and we didn’t wait for long when a man came out and asked us to cue for 6:30 non-immigrant and 7:00 Immigrant visa interview appointments. Got through all the rigorous security checks and finally entered the interview hall, paid the visa fees for our family of three, and submitted our documents at window 16. It didn’t take so long when the CO’s started showing up and the interview started. We were the second to be interviewed by the CO at window 15. He spent up to 25 minutes looking through our documents before our number flashed on the display for us to approach the counter.
My wife is the principal applicant and the interview went as follows;
CO: Goodmorning
We: Goodmoring
CO: Asks us to raise our right hand and does the oath thing; Do you swear to say the truth today and nothing but the truth
We: Yes we do
CO: Takes our fingerprints and asks me to go sit down with our baby while he chats with my wife
Me: okay, I went and sat down carrying our baby who had fallen asleep after a lot of play.
CO: Why is your husband’s passport full of stamps?
Wife: He was studying in the UK and had to come home every break ‘cos of his work
CO: What was he studying there ?
Wife: Mechanical Engineering
CO: I can see your baby was born in the UK, tell me about him
Wife: Told him baby’s DOB and few things
CO: What is your highest level of education
Wife: B.Ed degree
CO: Tell me about your course
Wife: Explains her course to the CO
CO: Have you ever taught before?
Wife: Only during my teaching practice, I taught Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: When did you meet your husband?
Wife: Bleep Bleep Bleep
CO: Where did you meet your husband
Wife: Bleep town
CO: were you schooling in Bleep town?
Wife: I schooled in YYY town but met my husband in Bleep town, the distance is not that far, moreover our family house is in Bleep town.
CO: When did you travel to the UK?
Wife: DDMMYYYY
CO: Did you travel together with your husband?
Wife: No, he had to leave before me for his studies because my visa was not ready then.
CO: When did you come back to Nigeria
Wife: I can’t remember the exact date but it was Bleep month
CO: Opens wife’s passport and checks to confirm the date she was stamped back into Nigeria.
CO: Did you do your child naming?
Wife: Yes, we did
CO: Did any of your family member come over for the naming / dedication?
Wife: No, it was just friends and church members
CO: Can I see the pics
Wife: Sure; flips album to show him pics and talks about some people in the pictures.
CO: Can you please go and sit down and call me your husband.
Wife: Calls me and collects our baby from me.
CO: You studied Mechanical Engineering in the UK, what year did you start?
Me: I started in 2009
CO: Have you ever applied for a US visa before?
Me: Yes, I have.
CO: at that time what were you doing?
Me: I was working with company A
CO: so what happened, you left company A for B?
Me: No, I am still working for the same company; I’ve been with them for a long time now.
CO: Can I see your work Identity Card?
Me: I brought out my work Id. Card alongside a letter of introduction from my company and gave it to him. He collected both items and read through.
CO: oh that’s true; it’s like company A & B merged or something
Me: Yes, the companies merged.
CO: so was it the company that paid for your degree in the UK?
Me: No, I paid for my studies myself.
CO: Your mechanical engineering was it General Mechanical engineering or was it specifically related to the oil &gas industry
Me: it was general mechanical engineering.
CO: When did you get married?
Me: 2010, did the church wedding on December XX, 2010.
CO: Can you tell me where you met your wife?
Me: I met my wife in a supermarket in Bleep town.
CO: one moment please. He left and went to pick some documents
Me: okay
CO: comes back with 2 sheets of paper and hides them under his counter.
CO: I will ask you one last thing
Me: okay
CO: This gentleman you’ve added here; (he points to a sheet of paper we submitted to update our hosts address) do you know him personally, have you met him before?
Me: Yes, he’s a very close friend, I opened the album to show him pictures with our host, but he stops me. (I guess he realized he had spent so much time with us; about 30 mins)
CO: oh don’t bother.
CO: Throughout this whole process, has he or anybody else asked you to pay money for anything ?
Me: No, not at all.
CO: Please call your wife to come
Me: I called my wife and she came to stand with me at the window carrying our baby.
CO: I am satisfied. I will give you a visa today. He picks the two sheets of paper he had hidden under the counter and circles an address for us to pick up the visa on one, then started explaining the proxy pick up process and the $165 payment on the other sheet of paper.
We: Thank you very much, God Bless you and God Bless America. We hurriedly packed our things and left before he remembers more questions to ask us.

Guys, na so the thing be o !, the guy ask us questions so tay we tire.
We thank God immensely for granting us Divine favour.
I also wish to use this opportunity to greatly appreciate my lovely wife for the way and manner she answered the barrage of questions that the CO fired at her. (I have been playing the DV lottery every year since 2000 and never won, we got married and just played once, then she won.)

Wow! Congrat! Ur wife carry favor oo
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 6:11pm On Mar 26, 2013
junkerhill: wow!! So soon, I wish you safe trip to USA. And how much did you buy your ticket.

Watch out for Fly Emirate.......booked today and paid......for less than 150K from Lagos to Houston on 4 April 2013.He will reach US on the 5th April.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ogba1: 6:28pm On Mar 26, 2013
pstadabi: Olorun mi mo dupe. My E-family make some noiseeeeee. My visa has been granted. Today is tough the three windows except window 14 is considerable. I can't shout. Gist later. I still dey dance kukere and azonto nw even I don dance near water na pple push me back. Lolssss.
CONGRATS MAN Welcome to THE US OF AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Flyramsey@yahoo.co.uk

jidex001:

Give me ur email
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ebykings(f): 6:37pm On Mar 26, 2013
pstadabi: Olorun mi mo dupe. My E-family make some noiseeeeee. My visa has been granted. Today is tough the three windows except window 14 is considerable. I can't shout. Gist later. I still dey dance kukere and azonto nw even I don dance near water na pple push me back. Lolssss.

Wow wot a happiness! Congrat cos is not easy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:39pm On Mar 26, 2013
Thought u were doubting me wen I told u about 140k qatar ticket, so u ve seen others urself now

ferdimako:

Watch out for Fly Emirate.......booked today and paid......for less than 150K from Lagos to Houston on 4 April 2013.He will reach US on the 5th April.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gunners4u: 6:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
safe journey
USofA. Glory be to God.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:41pm On Mar 26, 2013
Go to page 201 for comprehensive arrangement of documents. Best of luck!

peace1166: Hello House, I'm preparing for my interview, can any one tell me the arrangement for my documents; I mean the order of my documents during interview? I plan this way:

1. 2NL
2. Passport copy
3. Birth Certificate
5. Police record
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Medical
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:46pm On Mar 26, 2013
g-busta:
What's the total 31k or 22k ?

Sorry I mean 13k and not 31k

I did my medical @ qlife for 22k(13k for test then 9k for vaccine.)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by jidex001(m): 6:47pm On Mar 26, 2013
g-busta:
What's the total 31k or 22k ?

Sorry I mean 13k and not 31k

I did my medical @ qlife for 22k(13k for test then 9k for vaccine.)
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 6:50pm On Mar 26, 2013
Follow dis it will help you in ur documents arrengement.

1.For Principal Applicant (DV Winner):

•Appointment Letter
•Two photographs (2” X 2”)
•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Divorce Decree (If Applicable)
•Marriage Certificate
•Police Certificate
•Academic Certificates for all degrees
•Photocopies of all the above documents

2.For DV Winner's Spouse (Husband/Wife):

•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Police Certificate

3.For Children(Less than 21yrs Old):

•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Police Certificate (If child is above 16 years)
Note: All civil documents issued in the local language must be accompanied by an official translation in English

1. 2NL
2. Passport copy
3. Birth Certificate
5. Police record
6. Marriage Certificate
7. Medical
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Remmy488: Thought u were doubting me wen I told u about 140k qatar ticket, so u ve seen others urself now

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 7:58pm On Mar 26, 2013
Remmy488: Thought u were doubting me wen I told u about 140k qatar ticket, so u ve seen others urself now

i think fly emirate are runnin their promo dis period cos their flight ticket are kinda cheap.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by zerzer: 8:18pm On Mar 26, 2013
i was at children pratice today,for my medicals and i paid 12;000 for the text and 8,500,total of 20,500 note de amount you pay for your medicals has depends on ur medical records a man was asked to pay 18,000 cuz i said he never heard chicken pox,i was asked by the doctor if i smoke,ever being admitted for any reason,if i have tb and if its my first time for visa medical.pls if u are going for medicals go as early as u can
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by tycoon77(m): 8:32pm On Mar 26, 2013
Remmy488: Follow dis it will help you in ur documents arrengement.

1.For Principal Applicant (DV Winner):

•Appointment Letter
•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Marriage Certificate
•Police Certificate
•Academic Certificates for all degrees

2.For DV Winner's Spouse (Husband/Wife):

•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Police Certificate

3.For Children(Less than 21yrs Old):

•Passport
•Birth Certificate
•Police Certificate (If child is above 16 years)
Note: All civil documents issued in the local language must be accompanied by an official translation in English

Medical is missing out... Pls note
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:35pm On Mar 26, 2013

Remmy, I did not doubt u.But they told me Qatar ticket was N170K, I quickly went for Emirate's.So sweet! Thanks!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by monsieursam64(m): 8:36pm On Mar 26, 2013
zerzer :
i was at children pratice today,for my medicals and i paid 12;000 for the text and 8,500,total of 20,500 note de amount you pay for your medicals has depends on ur medical records a man was asked to pay 18,000 cuz i said he never heard chicken pox,i was asked by the doctor if i smoke,ever being admitted for any reason,if i have tb and if its my first time for visa medical.pls if u are going for medicals go as early as u can
first step taken prior to ur visa collection...
I wish d best bro!
Meanwhile, where u still able to meet d woman b4 u left for lagos?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Godhelpmeooo(m): 8:38pm On Mar 26, 2013
pls house,wat and wat do i need to take along to airline office to book my ticket.do i need to go with my international passport,thank you.GLORY!!!!!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 26, 2013
zerzer :

The test costs and vaccinations are within the same for both designated hospitals.All the best,bro! When's the D day?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:40pm On Mar 26, 2013
Godhelpmeooo: pls house,wat and wat do i need to take along to airline office to book my ticket.do i need to go with my international passport,thank you.GLORY!!!!!

Can't u book online?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Nobody: 8:42pm On Mar 26, 2013
monsieursam64: i think fly emirate are runnin their promo dis period cos their flight ticket are kinda cheap.

let that not affect ba3 or engine oh!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by junkerhill(m): 8:59pm On Mar 26, 2013
ferdimako:

that's cool. I like that. Its far more cheaper. Considering when he is travelling
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Remmy488(m): 9:04pm On Mar 26, 2013
Make photocopy of ur passport and ur visa page and go wt that u re good to go.

Godhelpmeooo: pls house,wat and wat do i need to take along to airline office to book my ticket.do i need to go with my international passport,thank you.GLORY!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) (622) ... (869) (Reply)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 21 / QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.