Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,046 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

DV 2013 Winners Meet Here - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / DV 2013 Winners Meet Here (921111 Views)

DV 2014 Winners Meet Here / Dv Lottery 2013 Winners: Let's Discuss Here / Dv 2012 Result Is Out ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (869) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Amedino1: 6:03pm On Aug 13, 2012
[/color][color=#000099]. You guyz are doing a gra8 job here.... Can't wait to received my 2 NL on the 15 of Aug few days †̥ goooo.... Case num 2013AF00015***,,, Guess my interview should be Oct coz i sent my forms †̥ KCC May 4th.... Can't ƒσя my Visa,,, with God all tinz are possible...
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 6:16pm On Aug 13, 2012
About the 2NL, I spoke with kcc today, they said I should check my email after august 15th. You will be notified in your email to check back on the dv website.
So wait until after august 15th to check your email.

ajmiry: Any idea how we will receive our 2nd NL, according my understanding we will receive an email which asks to enter your confirmation code to dvlottery.state.gov from where we got our first NL.
Any one please provide information in this regard.
does second NL means KCC complete the case now you have to be prepare for embassy interveiw, and start your medical and police check.
Thanks
Good luck everyone I think we have only 2 days left for 2nd NL
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2012
Amedino1: [/color][color=#000099]. You guyz are doing a gra8 job here.... Can't wait to received my 2 NL on the 15 of Aug few days †̥ goooo.... Case num 2013AF00015***,,, Guess my interview should be Oct coz i sent my forms †̥ KCC May 4th.... Can't ƒσя my Visa,,, with God all tinz are possible...
Sorry bro, i dont think your interview will be in october cos your case number is medium,just look forward to dec 2012
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by gbusta(m): 6:26pm On Aug 13, 2012
would everybody get the 2NL at the same tym? i mean on the 15th or those that are gonna be current gets theirs 1st..
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:27pm On Aug 13, 2012
g-busta:
would everybody get the 2NL at the same tym? i mean on the 15th or those that are gonna be current gets theirs 1st..
i dont think so,i guess its for october only
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2012
g-busta:

Guys I think 8weeks prior to interview, am I right
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2012
Those who did not copy their first NL from DV site plz do it now, may be it will replace with 2nd one.

I am not sure.

2 Likes

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by missannie: 7:09pm On Aug 13, 2012
DV-2013 winners get ready, we're the once on board now!!! smiley
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by phabulousgpikin: 7:23pm On Aug 13, 2012
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SELECTEE & IF YOU'RE NOT SELECTED DON'T WORRY, OCTOBER JUST A FEW MONTH AWAY.

ADVANCE NOTIFICATION OF THE DIVERSITY (DV) IMMIGRANT CATEGORY RANK CUT-OFFS WHICH WILL APPLY IN OCTOBER

For October wink, Immigrant numbers in the DV category are available to qualified DV-2013 applicants chargeable to all regions/eligible countries as follows. When an allocation cut-off number is shown, visas are available only for applicants with DV regional lottery rank numbers BELOW the specified allocation cut-off number:

Nigeria: Case Number Below 5,500 Get ready!!!

All DV-2013 winners don't forget to visit ''PAGE 43'' There's sometime special i posted there, be a partaker of it.
GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!! cheesy
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 9:22pm On Aug 13, 2012
Please I just found out that I am among those selected for further processing in the DV 2013 Visa lottery with case number 2013AF00005xxx And with what I have read on this forum, it seems like it is late already because I have not fill the DSP 122 and DS230 to be sent to KCC. Please let me know if I still stand the chance of being invited for interview if I post the forms by Thursday. Can I FEDEX it and make it next day delivery?

Please your advise is needed urgently.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
demmiereal: Please I just found out that I am among those selected for further processing in the DV 2013 Visa lottery with case number 2013AF00005xxx And with what I have read on this forum, it seems like it is late already because I have not fill the DSP 122 and DS230 to be sent to KCC. Please let me know if I still stand the chance of being invited for interview if I post the forms by Thursday. Can I FEDEX it and make it next day delivery?

Please your advise is needed urgently.
Dont rush bro,its never too late. Just take your time to go tru the instructions and fill the forms correctly before sending it. If you have cash to splash, you can use FEDEX or DHL but if no cash,you can use NIPOST registered mail its just less 750naira and it would get there in less 9days.If you had sent it earlier,your interview would have come up in october but not it may come up before Dec
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2012
ajmiry: Those who did not copy their first NL from DV site plz do it now, may be it will replace with 2nd one.

I am not sure.
yes,it will be replaced but thats no issue
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 9:58pm On Aug 13, 2012
temmytanny: Dont rush bro,its never too late. Just take your time to go tru the instructions and fill the forms correctly before sending it. If you have cash to splash, you can use FEDEX or DHL but if no cash,you can use NIPOST registered mail its just less 750naira and it would get there in less 9days.If you had sent it earlier,your interview would have come up in october but not it may come up before Dec

Thank you for the quick response to my post. Only if you know how much hope you just instilled in me. This lottery thing happened at the time I least expected so I believe strongly that God will finish the work He have started.

However, I entered the lottery as single, I am still single though, but my married has been slated for October this year. I will like to file my spouse`s name in the forms. I need your professional advise if this is a wise thing to and if this will have any effect on my chances of being invited for interview and getting the visa.

Advise is urgently needed from all the "know hows" in this forum. God bless you all.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:24pm On Aug 13, 2012
demmiereal:

Thank you for the quick response to my post. Only if you know how much hope you just instilled in me. This lottery thing happened at the time I least expected so I believe strongly that God will finish the work He have started.

However, I entered the lottery as single, I am still single though, but my married has been slated for October this year. I will like to file my spouse`s name in the forms. I need your professional advise if this is a wise thing to and if this will have any effect on my chances of being invited for interview and getting the visa.

Advise is urgently needed from all the "know hows" in this forum. God bless you all.

You may marry if you wish but be sure the union will go thru rigorous scrutiny to be sure it's not fictitious. Go thru the whole thread and gain useful insight on the necessary documentations and preparations necessary before your interview. Goodluck bro.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ksjlar: 10:33pm On Aug 13, 2012
With filling the forms as married you have to remember that the date on your marriage certificate should be earlier than the date at which you intend to send the forms.
So for example if you are going to send your forms in august 2012 your marriage certificate should bear a date earlier than august 2012. And as you stated your marriage date as being in october I suggest you pay particular attention to the dates. I do not know if you want to marry in october before you send your forms Just don't give them too much reason do doubt your genuineness.

Hope this helps, thanks

demmiereal:

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2012
demmiereal:

[quote author=demmiereal]

You may marry if you wish but be sure the union will go thru rigorous scrutiny to be sure it's not fictitious. Go thru the whole thread and gain useful insight on the necessary documentations and preparations necessary before your interview.

Thread cautiously. As long as what you're doing isn't illegal, weigh the pros and cons and make a decision after due consultations. Goodluck dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by ajmiry: 5:37am On Aug 14, 2012
Any one who receive there 2nd NL please share!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 6:48am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

I would advice you seek a professional advice from immigration lawyers or those that have good knowledge of this immigration stuff. If you wait till after marriage to fill the forms because of your wedding,they may deny you thinking that you purposely married because you won the lottery so that you fiance can benefit from lottery. If you send yours forms now with a back dated marriage date and the embassy finds out,you also be denied. How about if i ask you to go and come back to pick your in 4years time,will you do that?.In the case,you can fill in the form that your wife will join you later. so once you file for her from US,visa issuance will be easy.

please,can you try this? Mail KCC and ask if your wife to be(stating the october to get married)can benefit from this lottery now? But do that after you must have sort for advice from different people on this issue. Mailing KCC now on a issue and doing otherwise later might jeopardize your chances.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by remkay2012: 7:55am On Aug 14, 2012
Hello Nairalander,
Please I would like to seek your advice on this issue. My wife is a trader selling children stuff, but her highest qualification is S.S.C.E with more than 5 credit, is she good to go? and what are the likely question to be ask on issue of trading? She is the principal applicant. Please, advice and if they ask her about what she is doing for a living what is going to be reply? PLEASE NEED YOUR REPLY
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 7:59am On Aug 14, 2012
remkay2012: Hello Nairalander,
Please I would like to seek your advice on this issue. My wife is a trader selling children stuff, but her highest qualification is S.S.C.E with more than 5 credit, is she good to go? and what are the likely question to be ask on issue of trading? She is the principal applicant. Please, advice and if they ask her about what she is doing for a living what is going to be reply? PLEASE NEED YOUR REPLY

It's better she sticks to eligibility thru education. 5 credit is good to go. Since this is her highest education qualification, I pray the 5 credits include at least Maths or English.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 10:00am On Aug 14, 2012
temmytanny:

I would advice you seek a professional advice from immigration lawyers or those that have good knowledge of this immigration stuff. If you wait till after marriage to fill the forms because of your wedding,they may deny you thinking that you purposely married because you won the lottery so that you fiance can benefit from lottery. If you send yours forms now with a back dated marriage date and the embassy finds out,you also be denied. How about if i ask you to go and come back to pick your in 4years time,will you do that?.In the case,you can fill in the form that your wife will join you later. so once you file for her from US,visa issuance will be easy.

please,can you try this? Mail KCC and ask if your wife to be(stating the october to get married)can benefit from this lottery now? But do that after you must have sort for advice from different people on this issue. Mailing KCC now on a issue and doing otherwise later might jeopardize your chances.

If I fill in the form that my wife will join me later, is four years the earliest I can come back to pick my wife?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:15am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

If I fill in the form that my wife will join u later, is four years the earliest I can come back to pick my wife?
AM not sure
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 10:24am On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

Can we marry legally this August, send the forms with our marriage certificates this August and do the traditional wedding and reception in October? Is that advisable?
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 10:36am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

Can we marry legally this August, send the forms with our marriage certificates this August and do the traditional wedding and reception in October? Is that advisable?

I need to ask you the following questions:

1. Do you have documented photos of your courtship?
2. Can you get a call log from your network as proof of telephone correspondence between you both over a long period of time?
3. can you provide email exchanges between you both especially if you live in different cities?

If your answer to all these is yes, please you may proceed with your wedding. Even the American Government presupposes that single applicants may choose to marry and travel with their spouses even after being selected for further processing. Pls do not send any documents to KCC. Reserve documents for embassy interview. Goodluck dear.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 10:59am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

ANy marriage after May1st 2012(for 2013 applicant winners)will look suspicious to them at the Embassy(esp in Nigeria and Ghana) thats why some people cut corners to back date their wedding date. Like i told you earlier,seek advice from immigration lawyers and people that know much about US embassy DV application before finally mailing KCC for advice. Not all advice here are correct,we are only trying to do our best.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:12am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

Sorry I forgot to add, if you have a joint account with your fiancee, it further boosts your chances. It's not late to open one though. Weigh the pros and cons and make a decision. I truly wish you well my brother. Live your dream and Goodluck!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 11:13am On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

I need to ask you the following questions:

1. Do you have documented photos of your courtship?
2. Can you get a call log from your network as proof of telephone correspondence between you both over a long period of time?
3. can you provide email exchanges between you both especially if you live in different cities?

If your answer to all these is yes, please you may proceed with your wedding. Even the American Government presupposes that single applicants may choose to marry and travel with their spouses even after being selected for further processing. Pls do not send any documents to KCC. Reserve documents for embassy interview. Goodluck dear.

We have a very few courtship photos because she studies in a different state. Our only means of communication whenever she is in school has been telephone conversation and text messages. So I think I can get the call log for as far back as 2006. I just have to find a way to get that from my network I guess.

Thanks for your help.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 11:29am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

We have a very few courtship photos because she studies in a different state. Our only means of communication whenever she is in school has been telephone conversation and text messages. So I think I can get the call log for as far back as 2006. I just have to find a way to get that from my network I guess.

Thanks for your help.

Getting a call log from any network isn't difficult. If you have your numbers registered and a valid means of identification, you may freely apply specifying the phone number for which correspondence is sought.
I can see how much you love this girl. If your intentions are genuine and you are sure no scam is intended, put the process thru prayers. God who instituted marriage will honour your genuine intentions. I am a believer in the power of prayers and logical reasoning.
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by temmytanny(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

Thanks for your help.
If you cant get the call logs dont stress yourself.courtship pictures and some pictures of her with any member of your family could help(i mean old pix),letters or emails too could help out.You can also look for receipt or bank tellers you must have used to send money or buy things for her. BUt all these are after you must have sort out the issue on ground(making her a beneficiary)Most interviews i have read and experienced,presenting call logs may show how desperate you are. Its mostly requested from distant couple like one in US and the other in naija.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:06pm On Aug 14, 2012
Na wao! See close marking. I still wonder why these close tackles. I hope Aderemi, Brightmon, Leripa and others are observing how childish some people in this forum can be. Funnily enough I am the only one picked for these harassments. I hope you caution this guy who is consumed with inferiority complex. Lol!
Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by Gentiger(m): 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2012
demmiereal:

Thanks for your help.

Go with everything you can lay hold on to improve your chances. Your job is to convince the C.O beyond reasonable doubts. All the best.

1 Like

Re: DV 2013 Winners Meet Here by demmiereal: 12:29pm On Aug 14, 2012
Gentiger:

Getting a call log from any network isn't difficult. If you have your numbers registered and a valid means of identification, you may freely apply specifying the phone number for which correspondence is sought.
I can see how much you love this girl. If your intentions are genuine and you are sure no scam is intended, put the process thru prayers. God who instituted marriage will honour your genuine intentions. I am a believer in the power of prayers and logical reasoning.

My brother, that girl is the love of my life. We've been together through thick and thin, and we won't desert each other now; not even because of an American Green card.

Our intentions are genuine and like I said before, this happened at the least time we expected it so I believe it is God at work. We just have to be more prayerful and move closer to God than we already are and everything will be fine by His grace.

Thank you all for your help. I will let you know as we progresses.

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (869) (Reply)

QATAR And UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES PART 2 / USA Visit Visa Part 4 / Studying In Finland (free Tuition)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.