Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,672 members, 7,955,463 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:36 AM

Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment (565 Views)

Don’t Abandon My Administration’s Ongoing Projects, Jonathan Urges Buhari / Jonathan Urges World Leaders To Support Buhari’s Government / Jonathan Urges Nigerians To Patiently Wait For INEC To Collate, Announce Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Anurugwo(m): 11:29am On May 01, 2012
President Goodluck Jonathan on Saturday, during the 28th convocation of the University of Port-Harcourt urged Universities to be innovative to complement government’s effort to transform the education sector.

He revealed that if Nigerian tertiary institutions utilize judiciously , the funds provided by government, the standard of education would improve.http://hotnaijanews.com/2012/05/01/president-goodluck-jonathan-graduates-should-be-generators-of-employment/
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Nobody: 11:52am On May 01, 2012
Please how can graduates of Political Science, History, Languages, Religion, Mathemathics and basic sciences(apart frm being a teacher, dont tell me we have research establishments!) etc, be employment generators?
We produce graduates without aim and end up with educated fools in this country.
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by manny4life(m): 1:07pm On May 01, 2012
^^^^

Yes they can regardless of whatever you read because they have to think outside the box. Sciences isn't the ultimate but the desire is the first step. Today's IT inventors did not graduate in advanced sciences, most of them were dropouts, while most had a first degree. I'm not disputing science and research isn't good, but it shouldn't be the backbone or dependency of graduates.
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Arosa(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2012
We need to have more entrepreneurship workshops in Nigeria, cos most of our graduates are clueless when it comes self empowerment. The Government and the private sector should partner in provide this service to our citizens.
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On May 01, 2012
Arosa: We need to have more entrepreneurship workshops in Nigeria, cos most of our graduates are clueless when it comes self empowerment. The Government and the private sector should partner in provide this service to our citizens.

^^ I hate the way we keep saying these things. What do you mean most of our graduates are clueless? FOr pete's sake these people already do so much with what they have to work with. Majority of Nigerians are already SELF EMPLOYED . . . get it? They are already ENTREPRENEURS working with what they have to,and what they know to work with.

What I believe they need now is an environment that ENCOURAGES them to take even more risks, and be more creative(think outside of the box), given that majority of them by going through the education system, as is, have been trained to exist and live in a box with well defined limits. And NO, do not come back to tell me that Nigeria is already such an environment.
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Arosa(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2012
Kobojunkie:

^^ I hate the way we keep saying these things. What do you mean most of our graduates are clueless? FOr pete's sake these people already do so much with what they have to work with. Majority of Nigerians are already SELF EMPLOYED . . . get it? They are already ENTREPRENEURS working with what they have to,and what they know to work with.

What I believe they need now is an environment that ENCOURAGES them to take even more risks, and be more creative(think outside of the box), given that majority of them by going through the education system, as is, have been trained to exist and live in a box with well defined limits. And NO, do not come back to tell me that Nigeria is already such an environment.
OK! "I get it" This is what someone said earlier.
cogitoErgo: Please how can graduates of Political Science, History, Languages, Religion, Mathemathics and basic sciences(apart frm being a teacher, dont tell me we have research establishments!) etc, be employment generators?
We produce graduates without aim and end up with educated fools in this country.
I'am sure there are more peeps like him out there.
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by ishmael(m): 3:53pm On May 01, 2012
How many did he (Jonathan Goodluck) create as a science graduate? Why did he jump into politics if it is easy for graduates to create jobs for themselves and others. Just get the certificate and look for connection to enter civil service, that's all.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by Obiagu1(m): 4:19pm On May 01, 2012
ishmael: How many did he (Jonathan Goodluck) create as a science graduate? Why did he jump into politics if it is easy for graduates to create jobs for themselves and others. Just get the certificate and look for connection to enter civil service, that's all.

Case closed! cool
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by aljharem(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2012
Nigerians and President GEJ, you have a solution but insist on tribalism

Innoson is there for you to explore. Nigerians wake up
Re: Jonathan Urges Graduates To Be Generators Of Employment by aljharem(m): 4:52pm On May 01, 2012
ishmael: How many did he (Jonathan Goodluck) create as a science graduate? Why did he jump into politics if it is easy for graduates to create jobs for themselves and others. Just get the certificate and look for connection to enter civil service, that's all.

gbammmmm!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Stopping Boko Haram; Whose Responsibility / Why GEJ Can NEVER Make A GREAT Leader!! / Jonathan’s Ministers Come Under Scrutiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.