Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,160 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:11 PM

4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood (1606 Views)

Behind Hollywood Movie Scenes ( Pic ) / Why Nollywood, Bollywood Or Hollywood Movies? / A New Nollywood; Is Nollywood Getting Any Better? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by vowiski(m): 6:26am On May 02, 2012
Nollywood keeps surprising me, I mean what is all these piece of crap they keep putting into production over and over again. I can’t even remember the last time I sat in front of the TV watching a full Nollywood movie, but maybe I can remember how I almost hit the screen (maybe that prescript was a little bit exaggerated) of my LCD with the remote after watching not even close to 15 minutes of a crapload movie. So, I was just watching Terminator 2 for the 25th time and my heart pricked about the sholvewares being forced to us by these Nollywood marketers and I decided to take a break and put on my PC. These 4 reasons (but, seriously they are even more) will explain why Nollywood is drawing this astonishing industry backwards.

4. Creativity

To say that Nollywood lacks creativity is a bit of an understatement, Nollwood has never really did anything groundbreaking, something that has that “wow” factor and can leave everyone breathless. Rather it has been nothing but rehearsed production. Making a film that has similar story with 100 different movies. All that is changed is the character and the location. This is crazy; no wonder a Veteran like Emeka ike can open up his gobs and say that Nollywood is ‘dead”. What where his reasons? if not the lack of creativity in the industry, Ike concluded that Nollywood is crippled, bastardized, trampled upon and hijacked. I do not know what and/or who can revive an industry that can be labeled with just one of the tarnishing words let alone a combination of all of these. Nollywood will need someone to really step into that lacuna and get things fixed. Lancelot has really impressed me but I must say that this prolific director is still miles behind in turning Nollywood around.

KEEP READING
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 6:39am On May 02, 2012
i was watching a scene of a great movie a few days ago (see below), and realized how far back Nollywood is.........this was a short clip but then you can see the detail finish, the thousands of extras, the costumes, the MAKE BELIEVE of the fight scenes(see how the knife enter the neck and comes out with blood!), the facial expression, the audio, the steady cam shot, the music in synch with that particular scene reflecting a certain emotion, the lighting, the location......... it is a work of ART!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jiwHn_-vs

and this is where the main difference is: most movie director see movie making as a WORK OF ART, while most movie director in 9ja see it as a way to make quick easy money.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 6:42am On May 02, 2012
MRbrownJAY: i was watching a scene of a great movie a few days ago (see below), and realized how far back Nollywood is.........this was a short clip but then you can see the detail finish, the thousands of extras, the costumes, the MAKE BELIEVE of the fight scenes(see how the knife enter the neck and comes out with blood!), the facial expression, the audio, the steady cam shot, the lighting, the location......... it is a work of ART!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61jiwHn_-vs

and this is where the main difference is: most movie director see movie making as a WORK OF ART, while most movie director in 9ja see it as a way to make money.

If for na Nollywood film, he'd have fallen down abruptly ( before the knife even touched his skin) , with foam coming out of his mouth.
The crowd around him would have been screaming "ewoooooooo" "ehhh", while grabbing his limbs.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 6:45am On May 02, 2012
^^^``lol!!!! cheap aspirin foam from mouth!
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 7:04am On May 02, 2012
Everything about 9ja film, all a bunch of crap. Mtchewwww 4 nollywood, even ghollywood(ghana) don pass us wel wel.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by denitro(m): 8:31am On May 02, 2012
Fredrick909: Everything about 9ja film, all a bunch of crap. Mtchewwww 4 nollywood, even ghollywood(ghana) don pass us wel wel.

You must be joking.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 1:18pm On May 02, 2012
denitro:

You must be joking.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. undecided
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 04, 2012
Nollywood is just a complete crap! Simple research before filming will never be done, I have watched plenty of Nollywood scenes where Police will effect an arrest and cuff a criminal with hands infront, you will even see Police officer walking infront of an arrested criminal! Do they do it for convinience or what?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by babyboy3(m): 11:11am On May 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zml7qQpL8Yo

I once saw a Nollywood movie where the car rolled at less than 5 mph into a bush without a scratch on the car, whereas the driver looked like the car was hit by a 20 Wheel trailer running at over 100mph
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nollywood Is 100 Years Behind Hollywood by vowiski(m): 9:45pm On Jul 08, 2012
Ileke-IdI:

I was thinking the same thing when I saw that. undecided

sure, really pathetic

(1) (Reply)

Nollywood Movie Premiere - "Vision For Destiny" / Another Young Nigerian Makes Short Film, Puts Nollywood To Shame / Nigerian Big Brother Rep, #LILIAN Got Her Ass Massaged By Housemate #LUIS (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.