Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,704 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:13 PM

The Trinity In Salvation - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Trinity In Salvation (670 Views)

Anony & Deep Sight: Verse By Verse Academy On The Trinity & The Deity Of Christ / About The Trinity / Biblical Quotes Proving That Jesus Is Not God And The Absence Of The Trinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:18am On May 02, 2012
The Trinity in Salvation
May 2, 2012

"How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God"

There are a number of significant references to the work of all three Persons of the Trinity in the great work of salvation. Note the implicit reference to the Trinity in our text: "The blood of Christ . . . through the eternal Spirit offered . . . to God." There is also a beautiful Trinitarian implication in Ephesians 2:18: "For through |Christ| we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father."

The promise of Christ to send the Holy Spirit is a high point of the Gospel of John. "I will pray the Father," said the Lord Jesus, "and he shall give you another Comforter" (Greek parakletos, meaning "one called alongside",) "that he may abide with you for ever" (John 14:16). "But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things" (John 14:26). "But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me" (John 15:26).

It seems very clear from such Scriptures that all three--Father, Son, Holy Spirit--are each distinct persons. Yet that the three together are one God is also clear from the fact that they are identified by name as One. Converts are to be baptized "in the name |note the singular--one name| of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost" (Matthew 28:19). Note also the benediction formula. "The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the communion of the Holy Ghost, be with you all. Amen" (2 Corinthians 13:14). What we cannot fully understand in our minds of this wonderful triune Godhead, we can understand and believe with our hearts. HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by ijawkid(m): 12:34pm On May 02, 2012
Ola the trinitarian....:-)

If only this beautiful mathematical pagan oriented word existed in d bible...

I knew if there was a way many would have just put d word trinity in d bible..

But thank Yahweh that he didn't allow it...

I wonder why we even have to pass thru Jesus to Yahweh when Jesus is Yahweh.....

....Before I forget how are u today??
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by Ptolomeus(m): 5:32pm On May 02, 2012
It is hilarious as some Christians speak of Trinity, and associate it with the doctrine of Jesus.
Jesus never spoke of Trinity, nor the Old Testament.
The Trinity becomes accepted by the catholic church at the Council of Nicaea ... 325 years after the death of Jesus. I repeat .. 325 AFTER THE DEATH OF JESUS!
At this council, the bishops decided that Jesus was the son of God but also God ...
It's really ridiculous to cite biblical passages, when the "trilogy" was accepted after huge debates hundred years after the death of Jesus ...
I do not understand why some people move their fingers faster than their neurons!
When exposed articles like this actually produces laughter!
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:35pm On May 03, 2012
ijawkid: Ola the trinitarian....:-)

If only this beautiful mathematical pagan oriented word existed in d bible...

I knew if there was a way many would have just put d word trinity in d bible..

But thank Yahweh that he didn't allow it...

I wonder why we even have to pass thru Jesus to Yahweh when Jesus is Yahweh.....

....Before I forget how are u today??

I'm very well, thanks. Come to think of it, the word "Grandfather" is not in the Bible maybe there is no such thing as that too, no?
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by Ptolomeus(m): 4:48pm On May 03, 2012
Search in the Old Testament the word "trinity"
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:33pm On May 03, 2012
The Trinity in the Old Testament

"Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me"(Isaiah 48:16).

It is significant that biblical Christianity is the only Trinitarian religion--and therefore the only true religion--in the world. Most religions (Hinduism, Buddhism, Confucianism, etc.) are pantheistic and humanistic, denying the existence of an omnipotent God who created the space/time cosmos. There are two other major religions, however, that are monotheistic, believing in the God of creation and in the creation record in Genesis--Judaism and Islam.

However, these two fail to understand that the Creator must also be the Redeemer, and therefore they also become humanistic, believing that man must achieve salvation by his own efforts. Further, they also fail to acknowledge that God's objective work of redemption must be made subjective in each person by the indwelling personal presence of the omnipresent Creator/Redeemer.

All this is beautifully revealed in the New Testament in the doctrine of the triune God--Father, Son, and Holy Spirit--one God in three Persons, incomprehensible to human understanding, perhaps, yet very real (see John 15:26; etc.).

This wonderful revelation of the Godhead was foreshadowed in the very beginning--the Father creating; the Spirit moving; the Son speaking (Genesis 1:1-3). In our text above, again it is the Son (as the living Word of God) prophesying about His coming mission of redemption, saying that "the Lord God, and his Spirit, hath sent me."

Then, when He had finished His work and could return to the Father, He promised the coming of "the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,"(and that He would "abide with you for ever"( (John 14:26, 16). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:37pm On May 03, 2012
Ptolomeus:

Searchin the Old Testamentthe word "trinity"

Search for the word "grandfather" in both the OT and NT.
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by ijawkid(m): 7:46pm On May 03, 2012
Grandfather

Ola ur funny....

All this 1 just to prove trinity....

D definition is what d bible never agrees with...

Ehe there was a scripture I quoted for u to read,but u never made any comment about it...

I want u to tell me what u understand from 1corinthians 15:25-28....

Remember we argued and u insisted that Jesus was not lesser than his Father even when Jesus said he was...

U gave d excuse that becos Jesus was on earth he culdnt have been d same or equal to his dad...

So I quoted that scripture for u to check and find out how long Jesus will remain sub-ordinate to his Father...

Oh and I forgot d bible even called Jesus the servant of Yahweh....

Kjv tried to hide that truth but thank God for researchers we caught there wayo...
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by Ptolomeus(m): 7:58pm On May 03, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

Search for the word "grandfather" in both the OT and NT.
TRINITY is the word ... not another ...
The "holy trinity" was invented in the fourth century I already explained it before, but you will not read or does not want to learn.
You are very stubborn, not reason
use you neurons, God gave them for that!
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:53am On May 04, 2012
Ptolomeus:

TRINITY is the word ... not another ...
The "holy trinity" was invented in the fourth century I already explained it before, but you will not read or does not want to learn.
You are very stubborn, not reason
use you neurons, God gave them for that!

That the word "trinity" is not in the Bible does not imply that God is not a tri-une God, just as the absence of the word "grandfather" in the Bible does not imply there are no grandfathers in it.
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by Ptolomeus(m): 8:13pm On May 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:

That the word "trinity" is not in the Bible does not imply that God is not a tri-une God, just as the absence of the word "grandfather" in the Bible does not imply there are no grandfathers in it.
Come Olaadegbu ...
Do not make puns. You and I are seniors.
Christianity is based on the Trinity ... If that were true, the Bible should mention at least one passage.
The Bible does not mention it and you know why?
Because there is the trilogy. I explained that the trilogy was the brainchild of the Council of Nicea centuries after the death of Jesus ...
For this reason neither the Bible nor Jesus speak of trilogy.
It is simply a fabrication, a deception, an invention of the bishops as was the concept of "purgatory"
Read about the Council of Nicea, will be good for you.
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by LogicMind: 10:07pm On May 04, 2012
oladeegbu, i have a very great biblical passage that could solve your problem but jesoul has made rules here about interpreting the bible literally. sorry.
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by Ptolomeus(m): 10:32pm On May 04, 2012
OLAADEGBU:The Trinity in the Old Testament

olaadegbu,
I already have explained time and again that in the Old Testament does not mention the trinity. I already explained that the trinity is born at the Council of Nicea (325 AC) more than three hundred years after Jesus' death ...
Recognize that you have posted silly, something really ridiculous.
Believe me, I very much appreciate you, but I can not understand why you write such nonsense without direction and without biblical support.
You underestimate the readers?
Why do not you think before you write?
This is really ridiculous.
If you were a child I would take the ear and I will send you to bed without dessert!
Punished!
Re: The Trinity In Salvation by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:07am On May 05, 2012
Ptolomeus: OLAADEGBU:The Trinity in the Old Testament

olaadegbu,
I already have explained time and again that in the Old Testament does not mention the trinity. I already explained that the trinity is born at the Council of Nicea (325 AC) more than three hundred years after Jesus' death ...
Recognize that you have posted silly, something really ridiculous.
Believe me, I very much appreciate you, but I can not understand why you write such nonsense without direction and without biblical support.
You underestimate the readers?
Why do not you think before you write?
This is really ridiculous.
If you were a child I would take the ear and I will send you to bed without dessert!
Punished!

Please, keep your gnostic gospel propagated by the Da Vinci Code lies to yourself it does not belong to this thread.

(1) (Reply)

Turn It Over To The Lord! – Pastor Chris / Heaven Might Be Bloody / The Truth About Satan's Power

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.