Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,832 members, 7,956,149 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 05:40 AM

More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way (40263 Views)

Lagos Light Rail Project To Be Completed By Dec 2016 – Ambode / "We Can't Complete Lagos Light Rail Project" - Fashola / In Pictures Fashola Inspects Trains, Facilities For Lagos Light Rail In Canada (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Kobojunkie: 5:58am On May 04, 2012
CHANCEMAN: you guys arguing over whether it is a light rail system or whether electric driven, have you guys seen the subway system of Los Angeles b4?

Nah!! You do not need to worry for all that yet. Just focus on making sure you know what your Government is telling you that it is using your money for. And when it delivers, you make sure it delivers exactly what it promised, nothing less. How can you do that if some wuru-wuru advocate dey confuse you with information wey no even get source, thinking im dey do am for the good of the government.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jmaine: 6:05am On May 04, 2012
jason123: Gareth, you are wasting your time arguing!

grin . . .The guy no sabi say the Bot is doing as instructed . . . . cheesy

2 Likes

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by GAR3TH(m): 6:05am On May 04, 2012
Kobojunkie:

GROW a brain. The very company in charge of the construction tell you there that the system is a LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM, but here you are telling us we should not believe what the company says because YOU SAY . .. Attacking me will not reduce the stupidity in what you are suggesting we do here . . . i.e believe you just because you say so.

Again . . .

According to Lagos State/LAMATA,

The Light Rail Mass Transit scheme is a proposal to introduce a Light Rail Transit System within the existing Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) corridor from Iddo in Lagos State to Ijoko in Ogun State. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between LAMATA and NRC was signed in 2006, to grant access to the 100 ft of NRC right-of-way required for the construction of the LRMT line.

http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.html

For those who have no clue/are unaware that you cannot state you are building Light Rail when in fact you mean heavy rail please check the links below for more info . . .

Light Rail vs Heavy Rail

An MOU was signed indicating what would be built, but no. We should IGNORE all that because your ego just wants us to believe as YOU SAY.!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't worry! COme back and tell us that LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM is marketing term for HIGH-SPEED rail now . .

What are you talking about, They are building a Conventional rail system, If they were building a light rail system then why in the BLUE HELL DID LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT BUY 255 SUBWAY CARS FROM TORONTO Link. Second It seem that you act as if you found out about the project today. This project has been in development since 2006. The Original plan was to build a light rail, Since then the plan has changed and today they are building a conventional heavy gauge rail with subway cars. Second the project is no longer call Lagos Light Rail, that was the original name back in the day, TODAY it is call EKO RAIL. You can even go to EKO RAIL's website. Its not my fault that LAMATA nevers update there website or that Journalist are to incompetent to know the real name of the project. Once again The name of the project is EKO rail, Previously in the past during planning it was once a light rail and LAMATA used it as a marketing term in between the change in phases.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Kobojunkie: 6:09am On May 04, 2012
^^ This is exactly why Nigeria keeps rocking back and forth. What on earth has the purchase of 255 scrap rail cars from Toronto to do with whether this is LIGHT RAIL OR HEAVY RAIL? ROFLMAO!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Again . . .

The very company in charge of the construction tells you there that the system is a LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM, but here you are telling us we should not believe what the company says because YOU SAY . .. Attacking me will not reduce the stupidity in what you are suggesting we do here . . . i.e believe you just because you say so.

Again . . .

According to Lagos State/LAMATA,

The Light Rail Mass Transit scheme is a proposal to introduce a Light Rail Transit System within the existing Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) corridor from Iddo in Lagos State to Ijoko in Ogun State. A Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between LAMATA and NRC was signed in 2006, to grant access to the 100 ft of NRC right-of-way required for the construction of the LRMT line.

http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.html

For those who have no clue/are unaware that you cannot state you are building Light Rail when in fact you mean heavy rail please check the links below for more info . . .

Light Rail vs Heavy Rail

An MOU was signed indicating what would be built, but no. We should IGNORE all that because your ego just wants us to believe as YOU SAY.!!! grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Don't worry! COme back and tell us that LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM is marketing term for HIGH-SPEED rail now . .
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jason123: 6:10am On May 04, 2012
jmaine:

grin . . .The guy no sabi say the Bot is doing as instructed . . . . cheesy

Oga mi, you no narrate your experience to am?! cheesy
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by GAR3TH(m): 6:15am On May 04, 2012
You keep posting that same LAMATA webpage that was made in 2006. That Webpage of lamata and the lamata website in general has never been updated, hell many nigerian websited are never updated. Why are you posting a link made in 2006 for an issue that is in 2012.

Second why should you believe me? There are numerous sources that corresponds to what I said.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 6:19am On May 04, 2012
GAR3TH it's not worth it. You'll just get caught up in a never ending, looping argument.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Kobojunkie: 6:20am On May 04, 2012
hm . . .There are NUMEROUS sources that say exactly what you suggest, yet you have yet to produce one verifiable one to this point? Instead what you have conveniently done is try to suggest LAMATA is not a credible source for information? WOW . . . quelle suprise!

P.S, LAMATA website was at least update in 2010. http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.html
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jmaine: 6:21am On May 04, 2012
denzel2009: even musiwa would give us a clearer map.

[img]https://www.nairaland.com/download/680840[/img]

Just relax bro . .Aare Musiwa is fetching some and would soon come out with better well illuminated 3D maps . . .

Please stay tuned . . .grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jmaine: 6:24am On May 04, 2012
GAR3TH: You keep posting that same LAMATA webpage that was made in 2006. That Webpage of lamata and the lamata website in general has never been updated, hell many nigerian websited are never updated. Why are you posting a link made in 2006 for an issue that is in 2012.

Second why should you believe me? There are numerous sources that corresponds to what I said.

Oga relax yourself . . .what do you expect from a fellow who boldly argued that HIV infection can be deciphered visually . . .If you no strong . .you go just would yaself . . .cheesy
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jmaine: 6:25am On May 04, 2012
jason123:

Oga mi, you no narrate your experience to am?! cheesy

i just finish to give am brotherly advice . . .he needs it grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by jason123: 6:25am On May 04, 2012
jmaine:

Oga relax yourself . . .what do you expect from a fellow who boldly argued that HIV infection can be deciphered visually . . .If you no strong . .you go just would yaself . . .cheesy

grin grin grin
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by GAR3TH(m): 6:26am On May 04, 2012
Kobojunkie: ^^ This is exactly why Nigeria keeps rocking back and forth. What on earth has the purchase of 255 scrap rail cars from Toronto to do with whether this is LIGHT RAIL OR HEAVY RAIL? ROFLMAO!! grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

WOW now i know for sure you are just arguing for the sake of it.
How on earth can a 85200 pound subway car possible run on a light rail track? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL TRACK.
How can a subway car Multiple units preform tigh radius turns on a light rail track? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL TRACK.
How on earth can a subway car run high speeds on a light rail tarck? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL.

hm . . .There are NUMEROUS sources that say exactly what you suggest, yet you have yet to produce one verifiable one to this point? Instead what you have conveniently done is try to suggest LAMATA is not a credible source for information? WOW . . . quelle suprise!

P.S, LAMATA website was at least update in 2010. http://www.lamata-ng.com/rail_services.html

The website was not updated, what was "updated" was that they added information on other projects they are working on. The page you link to was created in 2006 and was not "updated". Trust me I have no life grin and I periodically check various websites on updates on various projects going on in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Kobojunkie: 6:29am On May 04, 2012
GAR3TH:

WOW now i know for sure you are just arguing for the sake of it.
How on earth can a 85200 pound subway car possible run on a light rail track? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL TRACK.
How can a subway car Multiple units preform tigh radius turns on a light rail track? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL TRACK.
How on earth can a subway car run high speeds on a light rail tarck? BECAUSE ITS NOT A LIGHT RAIL.

Na the school system I blame, no be your fault!!! ROFLMAO!!!

So, because the state purchase some scrap rail cars from a country getting rid of it MEANS that Lagos is MOST DEFINITELY building a HEAVY RAIL LINE, even though the STATE TELLS US OVER AND OVER, and also ON IT"S WEBSITE THAT WHAT IT IS BUILDING IS A LIGHT RAIL SYSTEM ??

Worse is you get audacity to accuse me, not even yourself, of arguing for argument sake??

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by GAR3TH(m): 6:32am On May 04, 2012
I give up, I still dont know why You alway choose to argue with me even when the information is right infront of you.

Anyway I'm going to sleep, I feel bad for your husbands, may god and my prayers be in his hands, amen.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Kobojunkie: 6:36am On May 04, 2012
Really?? shocked shocked shocked So all this your claims of LIGHT RAIL being just a MARKETING TERM was all based on your assumption that since Lagos bought scrap rail cars, it CANNOT BUILD LIGHT RAIL as a result?

Please say it ain't so cause I was really looking forward to reading the source of your claim that LIGHT RAIL was only a "marketing term" shocked shocked shocked shocked You mean there is no source for all those claims you made earlier? shocked shocked shocked

Glad you shoved your prayer back in the hole it came out. You seem to need it more than I do.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Flowersdelivery(f): 7:03am On May 04, 2012
Flowers drive your emotions straight to the hearts of your loved acquaintances. Its colors project the liveliness of the sweet relations, its fragrances make you recall the great time you spent together. Flowers are, in short, a miniature of your inner traits that you always wished to let your loved ones know. Visit <a href="http://www.flowersdeliveryhyderabad.com">www.flowersdeliveryhyderabad.com</a>for more information.

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 7:43am On May 04, 2012
Make E No Fall One Day oo {I Trust Nigeria na} cheesy cheesy
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by igboboy1(m): 8:05am On May 04, 2012
xanadu333: uncle Fash for president!!!!!!!!!. see London in Lagos.

in 2055 ..#TeamFashola
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 9:23am On May 04, 2012
Double post
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 9:23am On May 04, 2012
Memories! This reminds me of 2005/2006, just before the BRT system came on stream. Keith Richards, the former MD of Guinness, said it made no sense because the BRT lane was on the left of 3rd Mainland Bridge, while the bus stops were on the right. Dan Foster on Cool FM agreed with him.

Some said it was a ploy to win 2007 elections. Others said the scheme would collapse as soon as Tinubu left office. Some even said the scheme would go the way of LSTC and LMTS.

Today, we can all see the BRT system in operation.

I hope we all live long enough to witness the operation of Eko Rail/LRT, just as we've seen LagBus/BRT.

1 Like

Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Doctorflaky(f): 9:52am On May 04, 2012
@baawaa... who are you
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 10:04am On May 04, 2012

It doesnt matter most track layout are the same width

Why do you think they are sending it to New York for modification? any train could run on any rail so far it has the correct wheel gauge to the running track, I work for a rail company and to move a train out of service during working hours they do request permission to let a certain train cross some certain tracks.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by naptu2: 10:13am On May 04, 2012
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by AlusiOkija: 10:33am On May 04, 2012
ziga:
Don't get me wrong. . . I'm happy for Enugu state governor (though i hope he is doing more than just moulding blocks) You shouldn't make ridiculous statements like this just to belittle another's achievement. it just shows how small your mind is.

Nna wassup!!

I said that just as a pun, so!!

Belittle what?! You yoruba people have been shouting Fashola for president because he brought train to lagos!! Nna look bush jor! HE built chemist as hospital, BRF for President!!! He repaints an old building, BRF for PRESIDENT!!

All I did was point out that he isnt the only one doing that!! Rivers State is building a Mono rail system. . . Enugu just started work on theirs. . Thats my point!!

Nna free me men!

We just came out of the cluthces of one Yoruba man and you want to send us back into another. . So Lastma will become Nigerias new road safety!!

angry
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by GAR3TH(m): 10:45am On May 04, 2012
omar22:

It doesnt matter most track layout are the same width

Why do you think they are sending it to New York for modification? any train could run on any rail so far it has the correct wheel gauge to the running track, I work for a rail company and to move a train out of service during working hours they do request permission to let a certain train cross some certain tracks.

In my statement I wasn't taking about the gauge, I was talking about the load bearing capacity of the track themselves and the infrastructure associated with them. Both Light Rail and Heavy Rail can come in different gauges, 1435mm to 1067mm and others. The real difference is that Heavy Gauge infrastructure can handle more stress, weight and high speeds than light rail infrastructure. Imagine if they built a rail bridge that has a live load bearing capacity of 4 tons [light rail] but instead a 20 ton subway car uses that bridge. The bridge will collapse wont it.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by omar22(m): 1:39pm On May 04, 2012
GAR3TH:

In my statement I wasn't taking about the gauge, I was talking about the load bearing capacity of the track themselves and the infrastructure associated with them. Both Light Rail and Heavy Rail can come in different gauges, 1435mm to 1067mm and others. The real difference is that Heavy Gauge infrastructure can handle more stress, weight and high speeds than light rail infrastructure. Imagine if they built a rail bridge that has a live load bearing capacity of 4 tons [light rail] but instead a 20 ton subway car uses that bridge. The bridge will collapse wont it.

Your right! I was thrown by the name of the project, thats why I first said its a waste money because it wont serve the public any purpose but with the rolling stock they bought from canada which can never be mistaken for a light rail, knowing that LRT could go into corner no other trains in the world and they are more suited to a small area (like Lekki or Ajah) but no running from one end to another end.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by nateevs(m): 5:16pm On May 04, 2012
What exactly is Kobo arguing about? I still don't get it.
I am reading Gareth's posts again and again wondering what I am missing.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by ocheejemb: 6:41pm On May 04, 2012
You guys bad-mouthing this project, its is either you have never lived and worked in Lagos; or your just too biased and nasty to say when you see a good thing. You are here arguing about cargo or no cargo, light rail or heavy rail, rubbish or nonsense.
The simple fact of the matter is Lagos needs as much transportation facilites as possible, especially at the rate it is growing. That is why there are at least 7 different lines proposed. I am not sure about elsewhere but I know for sure that London has different types of rail services all running as one heterogenous transport network integrated with bus and ferry services as well.This is the model Lagos is going for.
Every single extra mode of transport added to this will ameliorate the chaotic situation that is Lagos traffic today.
If only a quarter of the people that drive to and from work every weekday can take this Light Rail instead, the roads will become much more free and living in Lagos will become much more bearable
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Gbawe: 9:16pm On May 04, 2012
oche_ejemb: You guys bad-mouthing this project, its is either you have never lived and worked in Lagos; or your just too biased and nasty to say when you see a good thing. You are here arguing about cargo or no cargo, light rail or heavy rail, rubbish or nonsense.
The simple fact of the matter is Lagos needs as much transportation facilites as possible, especially at the rate it is growing. That is why there are at least 7 different lines proposed. I am not sure about elsewhere but I know for sure that London has different types of rail services all running as one heterogenous transport network integrated with bus and ferry services as well.This is the model Lagos is going for.
Every single extra mode of transport added to this will ameliorate the chaotic situation that is Lagos traffic today.

If only a quarter of the people that drive to and from work every weekday can take this Light Rail instead, the roads will become much more free and living in Lagos will become much more bearable

Well said Ojare. Have a nice weekend.
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 2:54am On May 05, 2012
Imagine what Fashola would have done with the oil revenue realised during Obasanjo's rule? cry
Re: More Updates On The Lagos Light Rail Project & 10Lane Lagos-Badagry Express Way by Nobody: 2:59am On May 05, 2012
So GEJ is finally performing grin

[size=3pt](sacarstic comment)[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ethiopian Airline Crash: Pilot Was Untrained On 737 MAX Simulator – Colleague / Golf Involved In Accident In Zamfara, Victims Need To Be Identified / Dana Airlines Flight Caught Fire In Port Harcourt (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.